or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › UK iphone working in Ireland on 02??????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UK iphone working in Ireland on 02??????

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hi,

I was hoping one of the lucky people from the UK who own an iphone have travelled to Ireland since the launch

02 has a network here in Ireland aswell as the UK but I was wondering if the sim could just be changed without the need of any hacks.

Thanks
Never trust an ethiopian with a double chin.
Reply
Never trust an ethiopian with a double chin.
Reply
post #2 of 6
I thought the UK would be treated the same; I'm looking forward to the answer, but for the Isle of Man instead.

On an aside I used to live in Greystones.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post

I thought the UK would be treated the same; I'm looking forward to the answer, but for the Isle of Man instead.

On an aside I used to live in Greystones.

Well I went back to Wales on the weekend and bought one.....Jailboke it so I can use a UK 02 pay as you go simcard but my Irish 02 card will not work.

Will have to wait for the new bootloader to be cracked.
Never trust an ethiopian with a double chin.
Reply
Never trust an ethiopian with a double chin.
Reply
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosser View Post

Well I went back to Wales on the weekend and bought one.....Jailboke it so I can use a UK 02 pay as you go simcard but my Irish 02 card will not work.

Will have to wait for the new bootloader to be cracked.

You should have bought an American one, I paid €269. You'll need an American pal to achieve this for that price though
(didn't arrive yet)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You should have bought an American one, I paid 269. You'll need an American pal to achieve this for that price though
(didn't arrive yet)

I am all out of Amerian chums sorry Ireland. I have faith in the good hackers that are trying to crack new bootloader.... If all else fails I might move to the U.K
Never trust an ethiopian with a double chin.
Reply
Never trust an ethiopian with a double chin.
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosser View Post

I am all out of Amerian chums sorry Ireland. I have faith in the good hackers that are trying to crack new bootloader.... If all else fails I might move to the U.K

...
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › UK iphone working in Ireland on 02??????