or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Next iPod Touch with Camera???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Next iPod Touch with Camera???

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
What do you all think of Apple including a camera in the next version of the iPod Touch?

I'm hoping so. That would be so cool to be able to video conference with someone over wifi, or to upload pictures or movie clips to email.

Right now I don't want to get locked into a phone contract since I travel overseas ALOT...so the iphone isn't a choice for me at the moment.

I REALLY dig the ipod touch, even tho I already have a 60 gig ipod. I know the Touch doesn't have much storage space...but as a portable wifi web surfing unit, its ALOT easier to carry around than a laptop.

To me the inclusion of a basic isight camera would just make it that much cooler.

I'm not traveling until February, so I'll hold off getting a touch until then in the hopes they may update it during Macworld in January.

What do u all think?
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by regan View Post

What do you all think of Apple including a camera in the next version of the iPod Touch?

I'm hoping so. That would be so cool to be able to video conference with someone over wifi, or to upload pictures or movie clips to email.

Right now I don't want to get locked into a phone contract since I travel overseas ALOT...so the iphone isn't a choice for me at the moment.

I REALLY dig the ipod touch, even tho I already have a 60 gig ipod. I know the Touch doesn't have much storage space...but as a portable wifi web surfing unit, its ALOT easier to carry around than a laptop.

To me the inclusion of a basic isight camera would just make it that much cooler.

I'm not traveling until February, so I'll hold off getting a touch until then in the hopes they may update it during Macworld in January.

What do u all think?

Since these forums are mostly about enjoying speculative (i.e., wishful) thinking, I am right there with you. I would LOVE a video iPod Touch. It would make me feel like Captain Kirk - standing in the middle of a field at my college, for example, talking to my mom on video. Crazy crazy world we're living in, that we could even ASK for such a device.
post #3 of 7
I recently bought my daughter a touch for her birthday. So far I'm very impressed. I think I play around with it as much as she does. And yes, a video chat touch would be KILLER.
post #4 of 7
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Apple will not offer video camera functionality on the Touch before the iPhone gets it, and probably not ever, or at least quite a while after.

If Apple is willing to use things like a discreet volume button and microphone functionality on the headphone jack as product differentiators, it's hard to imagine that they would allow something like video chat to cross that line.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Apple will not offer video camera functionality on the Touch before the iPhone gets it, and probably not ever, or at least quite a while after.

If Apple is willing to use things like a discreet volume button and microphone functionality on the headphone jack as product differentiators, it's hard to imagine that they would allow something like video chat to cross that line.

Yes, Mr. Practical certainly has a point. But with all of the product endorsements William Shatner has been doing of late, it also makes sense that Apple would hire old Kirk to market their new iCommunicators.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandPete View Post

Yes, Mr. Practical certainly has a point. But with all of the product endorsements William Shatner has been doing of late, it also makes sense that Apple would hire old Kirk to market their new iCommunicators.

Mr. Practical concedes to the logic of Mr. Intriguingly Deranged.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #7 of 7
The likelihood of Apple adding an iSight camera to the iPod?.... I highly doubt it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Next iPod Touch with Camera???