or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone coming to Verizon tomorrow?

iPhone coming to Verizon tomorrow?

post #1 of 18
I got a call from a customer about a phone call he had with his Verizon rep, who told him they would have iPhones tomorrow, for $250.

http://www.mcmahonweb.com/?p=13
--
Mac user, really like OS X.
--
Mac user, really like OS X.
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by prezmcmahon View Post

I got a call from a customer about a phone call he had with his Verizon rep, who told him they would have iPhones tomorrow, for $250.

http://www.mcmahonweb.com/?p=13

Wrong---I wish it were true--

Apple is not going to make a CDMA phone--at least not in the near future
post #3 of 18
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #4 of 18
Wow, I can't believe this is a thread.

I did see an advertisement for a new Verizon "iPhone killer" coming, it was a teaser and I don't remember the date it was to be released on, but I am sure that is what is coming out. The iPhone will never come out for Verizon.

iPhone = GSM
iPhone =/ CDMA
post #5 of 18
Perhaps he was confused and meant to say NOT iPhones were coming to stores for $250.
post #6 of 18
this suit is black...NOT...
or
This suit is NOT black....

This iPhone will come out for Verizon.....NOT.....
post #7 of 18
The LG Voyager is slated to show up in Verizon stores tomorrow. I'm guessing that a Verizon rep told someone they had a phone "better than the iPhone" coming out Tuesday, or words to that effect, and it somehow mutated into this rumor.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #8 of 18
any idea what apple is trying to blast now...
post #9 of 18
Hi
I don't think so that this is true. Apple iphone had a contract with AT&T which is further extended for next 2 yrs what i know so the same model can't b sold out but apple team is working for new models to launch in open market. Whereas i know, 2 new rocking models from apple r coming in market. the launch date was dec. 2007 which is now extended to feb. 2008. So wait for the Blast. M so excited...
post #10 of 18
On a related note, I just read that Verizon is going to open it's network to any compatible phone.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/11...izon/index.php

I wonder what this means for the iPhone...
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

On a related note, I just read that Verizon is going to open it's network to any compatible phone.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/11...izon/index.php

I wonder what this means for the iPhone...

Nothing. The iPhone isn't compatible.
post #12 of 18
Verizon is CDMA; iPhone is GSM. It would be unlikely for Verizon to start supporting both systems.
post #13 of 18
Since Europe and Asia are GSM--over time how difficult would it be for Verizon to switch over to GSM--

They would have to support both systems for a while, but I'm sure it can be done, but would it be worth it?
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Wow, I can't believe this is a thread.

I did see an advertisement for a new Verizon "iPhone killer" coming, it was a teaser and I don't remember the date it was to be released on, but I am sure that is what is coming out. The iPhone will never come out for Verizon.

iPhone = GSM
iPhone =/ CDMA

iPhone != CDMA
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

iPhone != CDMA

Yep, messed that one up!
post #16 of 18
Actually, this is NOT a real thread..

think of it like the fake iPhone Verizon is coming out with...
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
post #17 of 18
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Hmm, that picture is a little arousing.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone coming to Verizon tomorrow?