or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Zune Ahead of iPod in Amazon Bestsellers List
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zune Ahead of iPod in Amazon Bestsellers List

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
I do have to say well done, you are selling more zunes at amazon than apple is selling iPods.

Hmm, that doesnt sound right. ill try again

Well done for being higher in the amazon.com bestsellers list but I hope you realise that the iPod is listed 7 times in the top 25, zune is listed twice, so im sure ipods are still outselling zunes PLUS the Zune is $99.99, the cheapest iPod in the list is the Nano which is $134.99

Sorry microsoft


J
post #2 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoverlaw View Post

I do have to say well done, you are selling more zunes at amazon than apple is selling iPods.

Hmm, that doesnt sound right. ill try again

Well done for being higher in the amazon.com bestsellers list but I hope you realise that the iPod is listed 7 times in the top 25, zune is listed twice, so im sure ipods are still outselling zunes PLUS the Zune is $99.99, the cheapest iPod in the list is the Nano which is $134.99

Sorry microsoft


J

plus everyone already has one, so now you have a population of people who all already own an ipod and who have to wait until theirs bites the dust.
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
post #3 of 20
it doesn't matter anymore. why? as you know, ipod has been sold 25 million in quarter already. plus, ipod is the most stronger ever. even zune tries to catch it up, it will take many years or can't. if you like ipod very well, that's all. now who care whether somebody buy zune or ipod. it's choice. I like zune as well. but only the problem is that it's not well integrated with my mac or compatible. second generation zune is better but it still needs some works. it still looks cheap, too. plastic plus aluminum back? come on.
Life is good to enjoy....
and Mac makes me more please....
Reply
Life is good to enjoy....
and Mac makes me more please....
Reply
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post

it doesn't matter anymore. why? as you know, ipod has been sold 25 million in quarter already. plus, ipod is the most stronger ever. even zune tries to catch it up, it will take many years or can't. if you like ipod very well, that's all. now who care whether somebody buy zune or ipod. it's choice. I like zune as well. but only the problem is that it's not well integrated with my mac or compatible. second generation zune is better but it still needs some works. it still looks cheap, too. plastic plus aluminum back? come on.

you live in the states where there is good education, yet you have terrible grammar. why is that?
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

you live in the states where there is good education, yet you have terrible grammar. why is that?

treated.
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

you live in the states where there is good education, yet you have terrible grammar. why is that?

Perhaps you do not realize that English is not the first language for everyone who happens to live here. There are even pure red, white, and blue blooded Americans who do not speak the language very well because of learning disabilities, incomplete education, or poor life choices that they must live with later in life. I am told that most Americans read only at an eighth grade level. Personally, I feel that is a bit high. Spoken grammar among the populous is generally atrocious. On the internet, it is uncommon to find perfectly literate posts. Near illiteracy is rampant in this country. Furthermore, on the net, those with the best universal spell and grammar checkers are the ones who look the smartest but are often no better off, educationally, than those with cheap Windows PCs.

All this is to say, get off your high-horse. I do not tolerate bigots of any type. So I would thank you to focus your posts on the topic and not on the personal deficiencies of individuals. An apology would be nice, too.
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...
Reply
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...
Reply
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

you live in the states where there is good education, yet you have terrible grammar. why is that?

Should that sentence not start with a capital letter? And isn't States a proper noun?

I'd love to give you the benefit of irony, Rich, but instead I think we have a pot-kettle colour issue here.
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Should that sentence not start with a capital letter? And isn't States a proper noun?

I'd love to give you the benefit of irony, Rich, but instead I think we have a pot-kettle colour issue here.

Colour? British, yeah?

Anyways: Rich's use of "the states" is NOT a proper noun. If you were to say, "I'm flying to the States tomorrow," meaning the United States, you would have to capitalize States as it would be a proper noun. Apart from that, rich was criticizing sentence structure, word order, and clarity of the sentence, not punctuation. On the internet, it's often considered acceptable to have deviant capitalization and punctuation.

But the original poster is Korean, and english is indeed probably not his native language. Rich-Myster: I'd love to see you try to speak Korean.
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Rich-Myster: I'd love to see you try to speak Korean.

The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
Reply
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
Reply
post #10 of 20
first off I am shock not to focus on orginal post. yes, I am a korean who lives in San Francisco now. I am sorry to disturb you with terrible English. but I tell you what. I don't really care the grammer on the internet. if communication would be understood each other, that's all we want, right? plus I have dual master degree in architecture & urban design. so is it enough to cover?

let's just get back to original issue, Canadian!
Life is good to enjoy....
and Mac makes me more please....
Reply
Life is good to enjoy....
and Mac makes me more please....
Reply
post #11 of 20
i bought a zune80 at launch. the thing was amazing. i loved it. I took it to a college football game and listened to the announcers. the glass screen was awesome, seriously, needs to be standard on all ipods across the board.

unfortunately, the hassle of running parallels just to use my music was too much and i just swapped it out for an 80g classic. i have to admit, i miss the zune. the large screen and easy to use zunepad. i constantly and running my thumb down the middle of this classic. I do appreciated the integration between itunes and ipod and my macbook pro. i think coverflow is useless, and doesnt even really look that great. i wish that the screen showed a larger view of my album art on the now playing screen.

its a shame, really. microsoft has whipped the classic with the zune80, and the only reason they lost this customer is because it doesnt work on a mac. and to all the people who say its not worth it, your wrong. the growth rate of mac's at universities is outstanding, and that a strong demographic for determining what's cool and what's not.


p.s. the screen on the classic is just wimpy, its just feels so cheap. alas, i will use it because 80gig pmp on mac is slim pickings.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoverlaw View Post

I do have to say well done, you are selling more zunes at amazon than apple is selling iPods.

Hmm, that doesnt sound right. ill try again

Well done for being higher in the amazon.com bestsellers list but I hope you realise that the iPod is listed 7 times in the top 25, zune is listed twice, so im sure ipods are still outselling zunes PLUS the Zune is $99.99, the cheapest iPod in the list is the Nano which is $134.99

Sorry microsoft


J

The Amazon list is not the way to tell what product is doing so well.

For some, it is.

for any Apple products, it is not.

First, most iPods are sold directly from the Apple Store.

Then, there is Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA, Wal-Mart, etc.

So, the Zune being high on the amazon list is seriously not even news.

With the iPod so high on the list and redundantly so, it is news because that is IN ADDITION to the droves being sold by Apple direct.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnsprocket View Post

i bought a zune80 at launch. the thing was amazing. i loved it. I took it to a college football game and listened to the announcers. the glass screen was awesome, seriously, needs to be standard on all ipods across the board.

unfortunately, the hassle of running parallels just to use my music was too much and i just swapped it out for an 80g classic. i have to admit, i miss the zune. the large screen and easy to use zunepad. i constantly and running my thumb down the middle of this classic. I do appreciated the integration between itunes and ipod and my macbook pro. i think coverflow is useless, and doesnt even really look that great. i wish that the screen showed a larger view of my album art on the now playing screen.

its a shame, really. microsoft has whipped the classic with the zune80, and the only reason they lost this customer is because it doesnt work on a mac. and to all the people who say its not worth it, your wrong. the growth rate of mac's at universities is outstanding, and that a strong demographic for determining what's cool and what's not.


p.s. the screen on the classic is just wimpy, its just feels so cheap. alas, i will use it because 80gig pmp on mac is slim pickings.

oookay...

that must be some kool aid...

I have used a Zune as well. felt cheap as can be.

The screen blurs when it transitions and it is plain ugly. not to mention the Zunepad? Dude, what in the world?!? That thing only exists because MS would get sued trying to copy the scrollwheel. to each his own I guess, but you are the only person in the world who would buy an iPod and then miss the clunky pad on the ms product. Every time I used it, I thought it was going to break off.

since managing music isn't something you need to do all the time, I don't see why you had to dump your beloved zune, but that's your perogative.

Besides, who wants a Zune when you can have an iPod touch!? Way better screen. Not a stretched iPod screen, but a true high res screen. touch features, etc. If you need the gigs, get the Classic. It has the same res screen as the Zune and plays video as well.
post #14 of 20
Well, anyway, that little blip is long gone.

Now that the old 30GB Zune fire-sale has run its course, the iPod has returned to being heavily over represented in the top 30 or so spots for most popular electronics (3 in the top 10, 5 in the top 20, 10 in the top 30).

Zune 30GB shows up at around #26, then a couple more iPods, then the current Zune 80GB at around #30, well behind a couple of Sandisk models.

Besides the brown 30GB and the black, 2nd gen black 80GB, there isn't another Zune in the top 100, even with the flash models being generally available.

It was interesting to see how many articles around the web played up the torrid sales of the "Zune" without mentioning that they were largely accounted for by heavily discounted 1st generation machines being dumped to make way for the new models, which don't seem to be selling all that well (although they surely are selling better than the original did at roll-out, which isn't saying much).
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #15 of 20
Guys, guys, the Zune is a magnificent invention. I mean, look at this great use for it:

http://hideapod.com

post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post

first off I am shock not to focus on orginal post. yes, I am a korean who lives in San Francisco now. I am sorry to disturb you with terrible English. but I tell you what. I don't really care the grammer on the internet. if communication would be understood each other, that's all we want, right? plus I have dual master degree in architecture & urban design. so is it enough to cover?

let's just get back to original issue, Canadian!

Oh... ouch! You've been served, Canucklehead! I'm kidding, everyone! Can we settle down a bit over the whole grammar thing?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #17 of 20
I love ur hide-a-ipod link. Radical evil product
Apple is a hardware company, dont believe me? Read this Article!. For those who understand my message, help me spread this info to those who dont get it.
Reply
Apple is a hardware company, dont believe me? Read this Article!. For those who understand my message, help me spread this info to those who dont get it.
Reply
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It was interesting to see how many articles around the web played up the torrid sales of the "Zune" without mentioning that they were largely accounted for by heavily discounted 1st generation machines being dumped to make way for the new models, which don't seem to be selling all that well (although they surely are selling better than the original did at roll-out, which isn't saying much).

That is interesting. In particular, for whatever reason, yahoo really seems to dislike iPods.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #19 of 20
I have tried to play Zune 80GB. But there are no stores to display. It's only available online. I don't know why. MS has faced with a shortage of inventory already? Or just can't follow such that demand?
Life is good to enjoy....
and Mac makes me more please....
Reply
Life is good to enjoy....
and Mac makes me more please....
Reply
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post

I have tried to play Zune 80GB. But there are no stores to display. It's only available online. I don't know why. MS has faced with a shortage of inventory already? Or just can't follow such that demand?

I was available at the Fry's in San Marcos, CA. this weekend but the sales guy in front of the display was just down-right lonely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Zune Ahead of iPod in Amazon Bestsellers List