or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 6 Jihad Strategies Being Developed Against America

6 Jihad Strategies Being Developed Against America

post #1 of 121

Quote:
The author lists 6 areas being targeted by the Jihadist movement against the US.

1. Economic jihad or oil as a weapon

2. Ideological jihad through the co-optation of the entire U.S. Middle Eastern studies establishment funded by the Saudis

3. Political jihad or mollification of the public

4. Intelligence jihad, infiltrating not just American neighborhoods but providing the translators and interpreters that the FBI and CIA and DIA rely on

5. Subversive jihad within the country, using groups like CAIR which they fund and the ACLU to silence and disable critics.

6. Diplomatic jihad, controlling U.S. foreign policy and in particular using Saudi influence to dissuade the administrations from taking action against Wahabbi interests.

Future Jihad: Terrorist Strategies Against America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The author's most important point is that only the last 10% of jihadist activity within the American homeland is illegal, and that if you wait to that point, it is too late. I agree with him. Jihadist ideology, like racism, cannot be tolerated and it must be rooted out. Just as Australia did recently, if radicalized Muslims wish to demand a state run under Islamic law, they are free to go there. See my review of "Forbidden Knowledge." The author paints the 100 year war as a war of ideas, and clearly discusses how we must first educate every citizen, and then move on to confront these dangerous jihadist calls for violence against the West, elsewhere.

Amazon.com: Future Jihad: Terrorist Strategies against the West: Books: Walid Phares

Can anyone refute this?
post #2 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo2 View Post

Can anyone refute this?

Yes. Irrefutably.

It makes sense to you.

Next!
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 121
7. Get the US to invade and occupy Iraq
8. Get the US to invade and occupy Iran
9. Get the US to engage in torture
10. Get the US to reduce civil liberties
11. Target the bottom 10% of the population to support all of the above.
post #4 of 121
Quote:

Amazon.com: Future Jihad: Terrorist Strategies against the West: Books: Walid Phares

Can anyone refute this?

Refute what, exactly?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #5 of 121
Just a question.

I thought this guy was banned?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #6 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Just a question.

I thought this guy was banned?

He's undead.
post #7 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

7. Get the US to invade and occupy Iraq
8. Get the US to invade and occupy Iran
9. Get the US to engage in torture
10. Get the US to reduce civil liberties
11. Target the bottom 10% of the population to support all of the above.

12. Take a book from the Cold war. Get the US to borrow, borrow, borrow, to fund wars and defense, then cause the US dollar to collapse, and let bankruptcy ensue.
post #8 of 121
13. Keep sheep doped with religion, sex and tv
post #9 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

12. Take a book from the Cold war. Get the US to borrow, borrow, borrow, to fund wars and defense, then cause the US dollar to collapse, and let bankruptcy ensue.

Quote:
13. Keep sheep doped with religion, sex and tv

14. Seed Western public discourse with impassioned arguments against "Jihad" that are so astoundingly stupid that the most bombastic pronouncements by Islamic extremists start sounding reasonable, in comparison.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #10 of 121
15. Strawberry jihad. It's Islamolicious!
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #11 of 121
16. Simply wait for the West to commit economic, spiritual, and eventually, social suicide.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #12 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

16. Simply wait for the West to commit economic, spiritual, and eventually, social suicide.

I love it people on the Christian right lap themselves and wind up in basic agreement with Islamic fundamentalist regarding the degeneracy of Western civilization.
post #13 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I love it people on the Christian right lap themselves and wind up in basic agreement with Islamic fundamentalist regarding the degeneracy of Western civilization.

So life-long debt, and free love really are the building blocks we've been searching for?

post #14 of 121
Wait, hold on -- I had that all wrong -- those aren't the social building blocks you're looking for. It's narcissism paired with commoditization. I'm still working on my drug pairing -- I'm torn between Ritalin, Zoloft or Prozac.

My bad.

post #15 of 121
17. Introduce iPhone to unsuspecting public, then reduce price by $200 less than a month after introduction.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #16 of 121
Quote:

So life-long debt, and free love really are the building blocks we've been searching for?

Quote:

Wait, hold on -- I had that all wrong -- those aren't the social building blocks you're looking for. It's narcissism paired with commoditization. I'm still working on my drug pairing -- I'm torn between Ritalin, Zoloft or Prozac.

My bad.

I don't deny there are grave pathologies at large in the land. What I think is interesting is the shared thought that they are so grave that only the death of the culture can provide the needed corrective-- murder or suicide, depending on your brand of Abrahamism.
post #17 of 121
What was the point of this thread? Advertise a book?
post #18 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

What was the point of this thread? Advertise a book?

It's important to maintain the atmosphere of fear.
post #19 of 121
Quote:

I don't deny there are grave pathologies at large in the land. What I think is interesting is the shared thought that they are so grave that only the death of the culture can provide the needed corrective-- murder or suicide, depending on your brand of Abrahamism.

It's inevitable, the western world is dying out all by itself because of the push for individualism and gender equality.

Since the west is hardly capable to return from the once taken path, the only solutions for the west are:

a) A constant immigration-river from societies that still aren't western in principle. That would though require that there is still part of the world that is allowed and encouraged to remain traditional oriented.

or

b) The industrialisation of reproduction with breeding-factories using modern technologies of all sorts including cloning. That would make it for example obligatory that western men and women give sperms and eggs for using them in the laboratories and requiring them to give up the thought about caring what happens with them and what gets produced out of it, speak, the end of the family. The children are cared for, trained and educated by professionals.

or

c) it lets itself be conquered by and converted to Islamism, not as much the religion but the political ideology, that would radically change social reality and restore communities and family-values.

Nightcrawler
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
post #20 of 121
Quote:

Wait. America is the most Christian nation in the West. It has churches as large as football stadia. They put stickers on text books that don't accord with Christian teaching. The President is a born again Believer and no atheist, Muslim, Hindu or initiate of Santeria could ever hope to be elected to high office.

America being as Christianised as it is, and still in spiritual danger, I'd say it should give up now, knock down the churches and build yoga studios.
post #21 of 121
Time for a group hug.

Amen.

Stretch.

That's better.

THe west will whither itself away by its own insecurity complexes.

It frightens me that I just wrote that.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #22 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Wait. America is the most Christian nation in the West. It has churches as large as football stadia. They put stickers on text books that don't accord with Christian teaching. The President is a born again Believer and no atheist, Muslim, Hindu or initiate of Santeria could ever hope to be elected to high office.

America being as Christianised as it is, and still in spiritual danger, I'd say it should give up now, knock down the churches and build yoga studios.

//cheap shot & overgeneralization
Evangelicalism is essentially a Gnostic expression of Christianity. Other than platitudes, It doesn't have much to do with real life.
//cheap shot & overgeneralization

Bush went to an Ivy league college, where he absorbed the functional aspects of how the West sees the world -- that religion is epiphenomenal froth, that there is a real, universal psychological foundation that all people answer to: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, etc. "All peeples want frahdom and demrickricy." Iraq proved otherwise. LBJ didn't learn that a 51% majority >< moral authority; why should Bush be any different than the State Department wonks?

post #23 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post

It's inevitable, the western world is dying out all by itself because of the push for individualism and gender equality.

Since the west is hardly capable to return from the once taken path, the only solutions for the west are:

a) A constant immigration-river from societies that still aren't western in principle. That would though require that there is still part of the world that is allowed and encouraged to remain traditional oriented.

or

b) The industrialisation of reproduction with breeding-factories using modern technologies of all sorts including cloning. That would make it for example obligatory that western men and women give sperms and eggs for using them in the laboratories and requiring them to give up the thought about caring what happens with them and what gets produced out of it, speak, the end of the family. The children are cared for, trained and educated by professionals.

or

c) it lets itself be conquered by and converted to Islamism, not as much the religion but the political ideology, that would radically change social reality and restore communities and family-values.

Nightcrawler

And here I thought things like individualism and gender equality were direct expressions of the political and philosophical underpinnings that characterize what we think of as (in modern terms) "the West", at least as distinct from the cultures we find ourselves in opposition to.
post #24 of 121
Quote:

And here I thought things like individualism and gender equality...

Well, when the effects of the Y chromosome become make-believe "culturally generated distinctions," maybe something got warped somewhere along the line. I just got done working on a Human Sexuality text. "biphobia" is now "Negative attitudes towards bisexuality."

The Western ideals... oh hell, just read my sig.

post #25 of 121
Quote:

Well, when the effects of the Y chromosome become make-believe "culturally generated distinctions," maybe something got warped somewhere along the line. I just got done working on a Human Sexuality text. "biphobia" is now "Negative attitudes towards bisexuality."

The Western ideals... oh hell, just read my sig.

Uh huh.

So, um, what are "the effects of the Y chromosome", in your judgement, that stand apart from culturally generated distinctions, and which presumably should be accepted as normative visa-vis the law?

I ask because I'm not aware of anyone arguing that women and men are identical, either biologically or characteristically. What I am aware of is a steady extension of the idea of "equality", before the law, which strikes me as entirely consonant with the very ideas of freedom and liberty oft cited as the very fabric of what it is we are in danger of losing, should the "Islamo-fascists" triumph.

The irony being, of course, that should those Islamo-fascists carry the day, we most assuredly will be taking very serious note of the effects of the Y chromosome, in order to establish a more "natural" and "Godly" relationship between the sexes.

We'll no doubt make sure, for instance, that the possessors of the Y chromosome take their natural place as head of the family and state, since that chromosome so obviously imparts exceptional powers of leadership and a natural proclivity towards public life (to argue otherwise would be to make a "cultural distinction", I guess).

Non-possessors of the Y chromosome, on the other hand, will do well to stick to doing what they do best-- domestic chores, child raising and obedience.

This will all have to be a matter of law, of course, since resisting the pernicious influence of decadent modernism cannot be left to chance.

Still, enshrining God's plan within our legal system will increase harmony and a sense of purpose among our beleaguered peoples.

Hands across the water!
post #26 of 121
Quote:

I ask because I'm not aware of anyone arguing that women and men are identical, either biologically or characteristically.

Well, you're just going to have to get out more. Per modern psychology, gender roles are completely interchangeable, entirely a matter of personal choice. That's a far cry from "equality under the law."

One other thing -- your assumption that child rearing is demeaning "domestic chores, child raising and obedience," should be a warning flag -- classic Western narcissism/consumerism -- and exactly my point. You are not the things you own.

post #27 of 121
Quote:

Well, you're just going to have to get out more. Per modern psychology, gender roles are completely interchangeable, entirely a matter of personal choice. That's a far cry from "equality under the law."

"Modern psychology" notwithstanding, I am aware of a great deal of research that clearly describes sexual physiological differentiation.

"Gender roles", however, are somewhat more fraught, since any talk of roles inevitably involves public action. Are the performance of men and women in various walks of life largely, or even somewhat, determined by their gender? If so, are we supposed to be acknowledging this in our labor laws? How would that work, exactly?

Quote:
One other thing -- your assumption that child rearing is demeaning "domestic chores, child raising and obedience," should be a warning flag -- classic Western narcissism/consumerism -- and exactly my point. You are not the things you own.

I don't see where I assumed anything about child rearing. My point involved limitations based on "natural" gender roles. No one is stopping a women from giving herself over to child rearing, if that is what she desires and is so situated. Personally, I think no one should stop her from running for president, if that is what she desires.

I'm mystified as to how that point amounts to some expression of "western narcissism" or imagining that "you are what you own", or as to how any of that is "exactly your point", whatever that may be.

As far as I can make out, you believe that there are "natural" (Godly?) gender roles that we have mucked about with at our peril.

My point is that in this, you are certainly in agreement with Islamic fundamentalists, who regard the independent status of women in the west to be an abomination. They, too, would argue that they do not despise women, but rather wish to see them attain their natural glory, within some rather proscribed arenas, as dictated by God.
post #28 of 121
Quote:

"Modern psychology" notwithstanding, I am aware of a great deal of research that clearly describes sexual physiological differentiation.

"Gender roles", however, are somewhat more fraught, since any talk of roles inevitably involves public action. Are the performance of men and women in various walks of life largely, or even somewhat, determined by their gender? If so, are we supposed to be acknowledging this in our labor laws? How would that work, exactly?

Can't help you there, all I know is that I read it in a college textbook, so it has to be true. The Y chromosome, in practice, is simply a tool for the subjugation of women. Other than changing the equipment used for sexual gratification, it's a take-it-or-leave it situation. Seen it too many times.

(Other than that, I reject the subtext that everything has some sort of legislative solution, or will show up in our labor laws.)

Quote:

I don't see where I assumed anything about child rearing. .... No one is stopping a women from giving herself over...

**ehem** hmmmm, no cultural baggage there. Why would anyone give up a life of consumerism to "give themselves over" to not getting the latest toys? No one would ever say that Hillary is willing to "give herself over" to being president.

Quote:

My point is that in this, you are certainly in agreement with Islamic fundamentalists, who regard the independent status of women in the west to be an abomination. They, too, would argue that they do not despise women, but rather wish to see them attain their natural glory, within some rather proscribed arenas, as dictated by God.

That equivalence, other than the quickie guilt-by-association vector, is bad one other level, in that Western academic chauvinism naturally tends to broadly group "religion" into one category.

post #29 of 121
Most of you think you are smarter than Islamofascists.

It would almost be worth it to see you all write out your Jizyah Tax checks.

You disgust me.
post #30 of 121
Quote:

You disgust me.

Of for fuck's sake, just tell us what you really think so you can get banned again, already.
post #31 of 121
Quote:

Can't help you there, all I know is that I read it in a college textbook, so it has to be true. The Y chromosome, in practice, is simply a tool for the subjugation of women. Other than changing the equipment used for sexual gratification, it's a take-it-or-leave it situation. Seen it too many times.

(Other than that, I reject the subtext that everything has some sort of legislative solution, or will show up in our labor laws.)

Which text books are you perusing? "Fundamentals of Cartoon Feminism?"

Quote:
**ehem** hmmmm, no cultural baggage there. Why would anyone give up a life of consumerism to "give themselves over" to not getting the latest toys? No one would ever say that Hillary is willing to "give herself over" to being president.

So being a stay at home mom has something to do with giving up consumerism? How do you figure? Dad not coming across with the allowance?

And I certainly would say that a women might give herself over to a life of politics, or community service, or the life of the mind. The phrase simply means "pursuing with all one's self."

And, again, I'm not questioning anyone's right or motivations for doing anything. I like the idea that our options might be broad as possible. Are they keeping women from being full time moms in your neck of the woods?

Quote:
That equivalence, other than the quickie guilt-by-association vector, is bad one other level, in that Western academic chauvinism naturally tends to broadly group "religion" into one category.

I'm not grouping religions, I'm commenting on a specific point of congruence between your thinking and that of the people who find America's decadence so offensive they want to see it wiped out.
post #32 of 121
Quote:

Which text books are you perusing? "Fundamentals of Cartoon Feminism?"

Sorry, it's a main text, can't say more.

Just a note here, addabox. I work in the publishing industry, and I'm a Christian -- I'm not not blind and stupid. I'm too familiar with "multiculturalism" to risk my livelihood on it. What is the ultimate irony for me is to read about how the "American Taliban" will begin stoning homosexuals, or read one laundry list after another about what the fundies will do if only they gain control -- all the while I work in an industry where I watch my step.

Academia is an order of magnitude worse.

Quote:

So being a stay at home mom has something to do with giving up consumerism? How do you figure? Dad not coming across with the allowance?

And I certainly would say that a women might give herself over to a life of politics, or community service, or the life of the mind. The phrase simply means "pursuing with all one's self."

And, again, I'm not questioning anyone's right or motivations for doing anything. I like the idea that our options might be broad as possible. Are they keeping women from being full time moms in your neck of the woods?

I'm not grouping religions, I'm commenting on a specific point of congruence between your thinking and that of the people who find America's decadence so offensive they want to see it wiped out.

**bzztt**

You're equivocating on the "give herself over" thing. You might cop to "possibilities being as broad as possible" but that's not the elephant in the room -- no one, but no one, would ever say Hillary "gave herself over" to politics. Especially when power and privilege is the implicit goal of the Western ethos.

And yes you are grouping religions, Islam is a unitarian religion based on a deity who is capable of anything. Both Christianity and Judaism are entirely different creatures -- they reference a God who reveals Himself through love. The Eastern religions concern themselves with unity above all. There is a difference, and it is disrespected in every conceivable way in academia, and in the West in general.

post #33 of 121
Quote:

Bush went to an Ivy league college, where he absorbed the functional aspects of how the West sees the world -- that religion is epiphenomenal froth, that there is a real, universal psychological foundation that all people answer to: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, etc. "All peeples want frahdom and demrickricy." Iraq proved otherwise. LBJ didn't learn that a 51% majority >< moral authority; why should Bush be any different than the State Department wonks?

Oh no! So even being Born Again doesn't do your spiritual health any good! If what you say is true, dmz, it's no wonder America's on the ropes spiritually: the most Christian nation in the West doesn't have a chance while it persists with Christianity!
post #34 of 121
Quote:

Sorry, it's a main text, can't say more.

As someone who routinely teaches university courses closely connected with feminism, women's studies, and feminist literary history, I'd be really curious to hear what text this is.

Quote:
Just a note here, addabox. I work in the publishing industry, and I'm a Christian -- I'm not not blind and stupid. I'm too familiar with "multiculturalism" to risk my livelihood on it.

As someone who was an editor on one textbook and worked on another, who routinely interacts with pub house editors, buyers, and authors, and, finally, as someone who teaches from these texts every semester, I would hope that you know that the text is just the bare bones. Indeed, I just delivered a lecture that began with this sentence"There is no such thing as 'Feminism.'"

Quote:
Academia is an order of magnitude worse.

Since academics are an order of magnitude worse than a bunch of lunatics stoning homosexuals, it should be no problem for you to provide examples of academics stoning and killing homosexuals.

No. Don't worry. No. Seriously. I'll wait while you come up with examples of this.

No hedging, either.

OKOK. I'll cut you some slack:

Find me 10 examples of academics stoning people who disagree with them about feminism.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #35 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

As someone who routinely teaches university courses closely connected with feminism, women's studies, and feminist literary history, I'd be really curious to hear what text this is.

It's a Human Sexuality text -- nothing to do with feminism -- and it's in no way unique.
Quote:

As someone who was an editor on one textbook and worked on another, who routinely interacts with pub house editors, buyers, and authors, and, finally, as someone who teaches from these texts every semester, I would hope that you know that the text is just the bare bones. Indeed, I just delivered a lecture that began with this sentence—"There is no such thing as 'Feminism.'"

I've been looking at that type of "bare bones" for over a decade. (Did I mention it's a Human Sexuality text?)
Quote:

Since academics are an order of magnitude worse than a bunch of lunatics stoning homosexuals, it should be no problem for you to provide examples of academics stoning and killing homosexuals.

No. Don't worry. No. Seriously. I'll wait while you come up with examples of this.

No hedging, either.

OKOK. I'll cut you some slack:

Find me 10 examples of academics stoning people who disagree with them about feminism.

Somehow the McCarthyism of the Left is okay because it only involves flunking kids? (Just to be clear: it's a Human Sexuality text.)

You people will Keep the P.Z. Myers of the world right where they are -- and celebrate them. Give us more terms like biphobia, and paint anyone who disagrees with the true path of Maslow as an ignorant hillbilly. When selecting artwork on the issue of abortion, continue to have the pro-aborts holding the NOW literature and the pro-lifers dressed in grim reaper costumes, holding pictures of aborted babies. And as always, being sure that anyone with moral issues over homosexuality, or anyone questioning the number of AIDS victims in Africa receive either an adjective with "phobia" at the end, or a "denier" tag. And on, and on, and on...

There is a Chinese proverb you might consider: If you want to know what water is, don’t ask a fish.

post #36 of 121
Quote:

You disgust me.

What's disgusting is that you think you're dumber than them.
post #37 of 121
Quote:

No, I think many of the people in America are.

But thanks for the compliment!
post #38 of 121
Quote:

I think we can make an exception in this case. He clearly is.
post #39 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

I think we can make an exception in this case. He clearly is.

How right you are. I guess it shouldn't be surprising how much intelligence mojo2 ascribes to the islamo-fascists, given that so many US conservatives really do admire them and their violent hatred of liberal society.
post #40 of 121
Quote:

You disgust me.

I disgust myself!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 6 Jihad Strategies Being Developed Against America