or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › UMAX ASTRA 2200 .. is it supported

UMAX ASTRA 2200 .. is it supported

post #1 of 8
is it supported by os x???

please answer fast...

thx

oddy
post #2 of 8
i don think so, i own one, and i dont think so
post #3 of 8
Are any Umax scanners supported in OS X? My dad has one (I'm not sure which model) and I'd love to use it sometime on my computer.
post #4 of 8
If it is not supported under os x it is supported under classic. I have UMAX 2200 which has both a SCSI and USB interface. It came with software for both Mac and Windows.

[quote]Originally posted by oddysseey:
<strong>is it supported by os x???

please answer fast...

thx

oddy</strong><hr></blockquote>
post #5 of 8
[quote]Originally posted by rjpotts:
<strong>If it is not supported under os x it is supported under classic. I have UMAX 2200 which has both a SCSI and USB interface. It came with software for both Mac and Windows.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I know that... but when you say classic will it work in the classic environment or will I had to use OS 9? The whole reason why I haven't used the scanner is because I don't wanna use 9.
post #6 of 8
Yes,

But not by Umax. VueScan supports the Astra 2200 in it's driver list; however, I use the Scanner with scsi, not usb and I do not know if Vuescan will support it then.

So, maybe your in luck.
ericnowina@mac.com
ericnowina@mac.com
post #7 of 8
[QUOTE=EmAn;127656]
Quote:
Originally posted by rjpotts:
<strong>If it is not supported under os x it is supported under classic. I have UMAX 2200 which has both a SCSI and USB interface. It came with software for both Mac and Windows.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I know that... but when you say classic will it work in the classic environment or will I had to use OS 9? The whole reason why I haven't used the scanner is because I don't wanna use 9.

Umax Astra 2200 will work in OS X with SilverFast software from SilverSoft Imaging mine works on USB with OS X 6.6
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmAn View Post

Umax Astra 2200 will work in OS X with SilverFast software from SilverSoft Imaging mine works on USB with OS X 6.6

You're 9 years too late. OP said he needed an answer fast.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › UMAX ASTRA 2200 .. is it supported