or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › A killer must have OS X feature...

A killer must have OS X feature...

post #1 of 5
How cool would it be if you could minimize a finder window and then control click on it and get the windows contents. just like you can with folders.

Developers could tap into this and do things like have a minimized iTunes playlist be able to be clicked and held and you would get a list of you songs so you could pick one to play.

This would totaly rock!
post #2 of 5
You know what would be a killer feature? Hardware support for Apple's own computers. That would rock.
post #3 of 5
Yeah, that hardware rant wasn't very constructive.

Anyway, on to Michael's comment. I definitely would find that feature useful! I wonder how hard it would be for Apple to implement that? If you're working with tons of files in different folders it would make it easy to keep a clutter-free screen if you could just quickly minimize a folder and still have access to the files. Good idea Michael!

-Y
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
Registered 2001? My God has it been that long?!
post #4 of 5
What I would like to see is something which they have currently only partially implemented. In Irix, you can work in a window, which is overlapped by another window, without have to bring it to the foreground. If you do want to bring it to the foreground, you simply click on the top bar. Currently, you can close, minimize or expand a window without having to bring it to the foreground in OSX, but having multiple windows open isn't nearly so bad, if you don't need to be constantly bringing the one you want to work in to the front.
post #5 of 5
I'm not especially crazy about the "focus" thing of other *nixes myself, but the idea of a pop up window that really works is intriguing. Really, a folder in the Dock, acts like a finder window to some extent, and with SLF would be just as good. The idea of giving other Dock icons the ability to behave like their parent apps has some merit to it. I just think the implementation is quite a task.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › A killer must have OS X feature...