or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › As the World Rots

As the World Rots - Page 4

post #121 of 132
post #122 of 132
I pledge allegiance
to the oil rig
of the United States of Amerika
and to the wars ...

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #123 of 132
I have to ask I watched it last night but who else has watched zeitgeist the movie?

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Its a strange feeling, like everything I have been researching the last 5 years has made it into a movie, naturally grossly simplified.

I know that Chapter 1 (religion) is right on the money (no pun intended!)

Chapter 2 seems to be about where I'd place the likely truth of 911 given that there are so many unanswered questions over it and the official story is a pile of steaming SDW's

Chapter 3 is consistant with the limited research I have done into the financial conspiricy

Then it goes all a bit fuzzy at the end, certainly possible
post #124 of 132
Looks like carbon emmissions are about to get much worse.

Quote:
India's Tata Motors on Thursday unveiled the world's cheapest car, bringing new mobility within the reach of tens of millions of people and nightmares to environmentalists, traffic engineers and safety advocates.

Company Chairman Ratan Tata, introducing the Nano price tag $2,500 during India's main auto show, drove onto a stage in a white version of the tiny four-door subcompact, his head nearly scraping the roof.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #125 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK View Post

I have to ask I watched it last night but who else has watched zeitgeist the movie?

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Its a strange feeling, like everything I have been researching the last 5 years has made it into a movie, naturally grossly simplified.

I know that Chapter 1 (religion) is right on the money (no pun intended!)

Chapter 2 seems to be about where I'd place the likely truth of 911 given that there are so many unanswered questions over it and the official story is a pile of steaming SDW's

Chapter 3 is consistant with the limited research I have done into the financial conspiricy

Then it goes all a bit fuzzy at the end, certainly possible

Hah, welcome to March, 2007
post #126 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Looks like carbon emmissions are about to get much worse.

I was thinking, "Who would have the balls to bump this thread up? It better be good."

It is. This is insane. It will be a "hit" in more ways than one. "Tata" Motors. Apply named...Ta-Ta...

Not to insult drivers in India either, they have no traffic signs and this is what happens. Amazing.

Now though, with these pregnant rollerskates x 100,000...
post #127 of 132
Quote:
India's Tata Motors on Thursday unveiled the world's cheapest car, bringing new mobility within the reach of tens of millions of people

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

It is. This is insane. It will be a "hit" in more ways than one. "Tata" Motors. Apply named...Ta-Ta...

I think it is wonderful that millions of people will now have access to efficient and safer transportation.

Quote:

Not to insult drivers in India either, they have no traffic signs and this is what happens. Amazing.

That video is indeed amazing. I also think it is a bit of a Rorschach test.

When I look at it, I see the amazing ability of people to self-organize. While it might not be ideal, it is truly incredible how traffic is able to flow (and keep flowing) without any formal organizational system.

Regarding environmental issues, one issue in developed nations is that because of our traffic light systems, there are a lot of people sitting, going nowhere, emitting CO2 when it would be perfectly safe for them to proceed but for the red light staring at them.
post #128 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

I think it is wonderful that millions of people will now have access to efficient and safer transportation.

Don't get me wrong. I was more hinting toward the Climate Change, Peak Oil, Armageddon thing with "Ta-Ta" and all.

Who. is. going. to. fuel. these. cars. in. 20. years.

As far as safety, these should hold up to the lorry drivers in India, sure...really.
post #129 of 132
Quote:

Don't get me wrong. I was more hinting toward the Climate Change, Peak Oil, Armageddon thing with "Ta-Ta" and all.

I understand.

The pollution in developing nations in particular looks a lot like the early industrial revolution period in the U.S. As we became wealthier, we started to choose cleaner air and water. I suspect that this progression will happen in India and China too.
post #130 of 132
I would have liked to have seen some real smart ass introduce an electric car in India instead...but noooo...
post #131 of 132
Quote:

I would have liked to have seen some real smart ass introduce an electric car in India instead...but noooo...

maybe this thing will run on Ganges water. It's got more Benzene in it than paint thinner anyhow.
post #132 of 132
Quote:

The first world i.e. the people that have the luxury to have enough money for infrastructure and new technologies should lead the way on conservation.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › As the World Rots