or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bhutto Killed in Suicide Attack
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bhutto Killed in Suicide Attack - Page 5

post #161 of 190
Pakistan gets in on the election fraud act. It appears that Bhutto was about to blow the whistle, and someone (s?) in the Musharraf camp must have taken a dim view of that...
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #162 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Yikes. Always quickfire on dealing out criticism, but when it goes the other way, it's temper tantrum time?

I started out in this conversation criticizing a predictable phenomena, not any person. Since you say you don't support any "absurdities which have emerged to fill the vacuum", then you shouldn't have my criticism as against you, directly or indirectly. I won't deny that I was thinking about the kinds of things you and others have said, but I wasn't aiming anything at you or even any specific comment in the thread by you.

You started get personal about it. You leaped to the defense of the absurdities you supposedly don't support. I responded in kind when you got personally insulting. It's merely a snide rhetorical trick to accuse someone of a "temper tantrum" for that. I've seen internet temper tantrums... and nothing I've said or done comes anywhere close.

For all you piss and moan about the lies of government, you're not very honest yourself. You haven't lied in the sense of directly insisting on any counter-factual claim. No, instead you emulate the more insidious forms of lying, the Ari Fleischer kind of lie, where you avoid answering tough questions, characterize those who disagree with you as "cowards" or in league with the enemy (like trying to characterize me as some sort of secret Bush fan -- which anyone who has really read my posts here would find utterly laughable), and use weasel phrases like "just asking questions" to cover the kind accusations and assumptions (which perhaps someone occasionally takes the trouble to veil as leading questions) put forth by the so-called "truth movement".

Quote:
Incompetence? What kind of world are you living in? Most people who are 'incompetent' end up being demoted or fired, or more. In situations like what you are referring to, "courtmartialed or jailed" would be more expected or appropriate. In BushWorld, and presumably yours(?), the rankest of incompetence imaginable, and on a scale that is breathtakingly expansive, is met with indifference, non-reaction, or even goddamned promotions.

You're still giving them 5000 miles of slack.

I said a good principle to follow is presuming incompetence over malice, especially in light of a lack of evidence. I never said incompetence explained everything -- especially when there is good evidence to the contrary.

But you're such a champion of truth I shouldn't have to explain this stuff. Is it malice or incompetence the drives you to use gross oversimplifications of your opponents positions in trying to gain a rhetorical advantage -- much as your hero Ari would do? (And yes, that's sarcasm. While I'll use that kind of sarcasm for a much deserved dig, I'm not going to pretend that Ari Fleischer really is your hero, and rhetorically try to twist you into a position of defending that veiled charge -- that's your kind of trick.)

There's plenty of evidence of cronyism and ass-covering in the Bush administration. I hardly deny that. And all it takes to get incompetent people who don't lose their jobs is cronyism and ass-covering. Cronyism and ass-covering can definitely rise to criminal levels -- and I'll readily believe that about the Bush administration.

I hate Bush administration policies. I think the administration is corrupt and dishonest and that they caused enormous damage to this country and the world. But I guess I'm still cutting them "slack" until what? What exactly is the next step I'm supposed to take (presumably in the form of "just asking questions") to gather up all this excess slack I'm supposedly handing out?
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #163 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline View Post

The sad thing is that so often the supposed antidote to lies is ridiculous fantasies. How long until we hear "People just don't fall that fast!" being voiced over frame-by-frame slow-mo of the assassination on YouTube, with red arrows drawn toward every glint of light, "proving" that Bhutto was rigged to die with explosive CIA implants?

post #164 of 190
Buchanan weighs in: The Impotent Hegemon As usual, a little harsh, but more right than wrong.

Quote:
It seems clear that we are so hated in that country that any leader like Bhutto, seen as a friend and ally to the United States, is ever at mortal risk. Musharraf has himself been a repeated target of assassins.

Second, our ability to influence events is severely limited. What does democracy mean in a country where 60 percent of the people are illiterate and parties are fiefdoms of families and political instruments of religious radicals?

As Burke reminded us, "It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters."

and

Quote:
We need to ask ourselves hard questions. Has the blood we have shed in Afghanistan and Iraq, the hundreds of billions we have plunged into these wars, and into foreign aid, made us safer? Has it made us more friends than enemies? Perhaps, as is seen today in Anbar, locals are better at dealing with al-Qaeda than even our American soldiers.

Russia, China, India, and Japan are closer to Pakistan than we. Yet, none of them feels the need we apparently do to be so deeply enmeshed in her internal affairs.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #165 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Buchanan weighs in: The Impotent Hegemon As usual, a little harsh, but more right than wrong.

The problem with the USA is the Military-industrial complex.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
post #166 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

The problem with the USA is the Military-industrial complex.

Can't argue with that.



Quote:
This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #167 of 190
Thread Starter 
Musharraf is now sending for the UK Police in a lame bid to prove he has nothing to with it.

Apparently the UK are the top experts in this field and their elite 'shoot Brazilians at tube stations squad' are flying out today so expect a painstaking and rigorous investigation.

They may not have much to do though because their Pakistani equivalents have already done the bulk of the forensic work by hosing down the crime scene within hours of the incident and before anyone could gather any evidence.

Sources say they expect a frame-up within days now that professionals are on the case and torture facilities at Gitmo are already being prepared.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #168 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Musharraf is now sending for the UK Police in a lame bid to prove he has nothing to with it.

Apparently the UK are the top experts in this field and their elite 'shoot Brazilians at tube stations squad' are flying out today so expect a painstaking and rigorous investigation.

They may not have much to do though because their Pakistani equivalents have already done the bulk of the forensic work by hosing down the crime scene within hours of the incident and before anyone could gather any evidence.

Sources say they expect a frame-up within days now that professionals are on the case and torture facilities at Gitmo are already being prepared.

Jean Charles de Menezes, 1978-2005. Citizen of Brazil, murdered in cold blood by terrorists, Stockwell, London, UK.

R.I.P.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #169 of 190
Benazir Bhutto hit with laser beam technology

Quote:
Former prime minister and PPP Chairperson Benazir Bhutto was targeted with the latest laser beam technology, being used by the American forces in Iraq, PPP sources told TheNation Tuesday.
Baitullah Mahsud and Taliban dont have such technology. After bomb blasts in Karachi on Oct 18, Mahsud sent two messages to Benazir in which he said that they have neither any hostility against her, nor would make any attempt to kill her.
When Benazir was admitted to Rawalpindi General Hospital, Dr M Musaddiq Khan told a PPP leader that he saw such a case for the first time in his life. These wounds were not of bullets, Dr said and added that she had expired before shifting to the hospital and a part of her brain and blood had spilled over from her head, the sources unveiled.
The sources said that both gunshots and bomb blast were a decoy to hide the real shooters. They further said that after the suicide attack, the ambulance also picked up a dead body behind the stage of Liaquat Bagh.

post #170 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post


Hey, stop that! These guys are just asking questions! What's your problem with just asking questions?
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #171 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline View Post

Hey, stop that! These guys are just asking questions! What's your problem with just asking questions?

Evidently lots of people have lots of problems with that. People "asking questions" obviously have an evil agenda designed to bring down hallowed institutions. And we are now an era where the legions who believe implicitly that those in positions of power are all benevolent, honest, decent, harmless, gracious law-abiding people who always have the wellbeing of the people as their primary concern. That's why they are in office! You don't need to ask questions of them: its an unpatriotic action deserving of being put in the stocks and pelted with ... tinfoil hats. Don't forget: war is peace, and freedom is slavery....

The Pakistani officials have changed their story 3 times now. Of course, on each of those occasions, they must be telling the truth; after all, Musharraf is one of Bush's #1 allies in his war of terror, and and it is not polite to challenge him. Anyone who doubts his honesty must be worthy of a tinfoil hat.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #172 of 190
Thread Starter 
Ask a question, wear the hat......
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #173 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Evidently lots of people have lots of problems with that.

And some people have a problem of equating stupid theories about attack lasers with "asking questions".

Some people have a problem with equating well-earned skepticism concerning stupid theories with belief in the innocence of the people blamed in the stupid theories.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #174 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

The Pakistani officials have changed their story 3 times now. Of course, on each of those occasions, they must be telling the truth; after all, Musharraf is one of Bush's #1 allies in his war of terror, and and it is not polite to challenge him. Anyone who doubts his honesty must be worthy of a tinfoil hat.

Actually, this is Bhutto's PPParty stating the "laser" thang.

Quote:
Former prime minister and PPP Chairperson Benazir Bhutto was targeted with the latest laser beam technology, being used by the American forces in Iraq, PPP sources told TheNation Tuesday.

Honestly, they are all a bunch of liars.
post #175 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline View Post

And some people have a problem of equating stupid theories about attack lasers with "asking questions"./

Some people seem to have a problem with basic comprehension.

Quote:
Some people have a problem with equating well-earned skepticism concerning stupid theories with belief in the innocence of the people blamed in the stupid theories.

The laser attack is a stupid theory, without proof. Had it come forth from official sources, there would be a far greater chance of your believing it, as with "death by sunroof lever".
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #176 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Some people seem to have a problem with basic comprehension.

Please do point out what exactly I've failed to comprehend.
Quote:
The laser attack is a stupid theory, without proof.

Thank you. Odd how you seemed to feel the need to leap to the defense of a joke at the expense of that stupid theory, however.
Quote:
Had it come forth from official sources, there would be a far greater chance of your believing it, as with "death by sunroof lever".

Death by sunroof lever, however unlikely, is at least an order of magnitude more likely than employing secret lasers when good old fashioned bullets and bombs, available and used on the scene, were more than sufficient to do the job.

Death by sunroof lever would also, even if true, be still be an entirely moot point, because anyone making an obvious attempt to kill a person should be held entirely responsible and just as guilty for frightening their target into a deadly accident.

How many people angry over the assassination of Bhutto would have their anger assuaged by the sunroof explanation, or redirect their anger because of it? As a lie, it's a pretty pointless and stupid lie, which is why I'd be more likely to attribute the sunroof lever explanation to incompetence and the confusion of the moment than to the malice of deliberate propaganda. Of course, it could be both -- incompetent propaganda.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #177 of 190
Thread Starter 
Look, if elements of the Government wanted to bump Bhutto off - and I am pretty sure they wanted to even if they did not actually do it - then they had a foolproof way; all they would have to have done is to scale back/withdraw her protection.

It was she herself that insisted on high-profile public appearances. She who accepted the risks of standing up through the sunroof.

The risk of a bomb attack was always there even without her being the target. Unless one wants to argue that the Islamists did NOT want to kill her then really there is no need for any theories other than the supposition that the Government scaled back protection.

Actually there is some evidence for this but in any case we'll never know. One thing we DO know is that they didn't need to do anything else than this; except just wait.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #178 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Look, if elements of the Government wanted to bump Bhutto off - and I am pretty sure they wanted to even if they did not actually do it - then they had a foolproof way; all they would have to have done is to scale back/withdraw her protection.

It was she herself that insisted on high-profile public appearances. She who accepted the risks of standing up through the sunroof.

The risk of a bomb attack was always there even without her being the target. Unless one wants to argue that the Islamists did NOT want to kill her then really there is no need for any theories other than the supposition that the Government scaled back protection.

Actually there is some evidence for this but in any case we'll never know. One thing we DO know is that they didn't need to do anything else than this; except just wait.

Exactly. There need not be an elaborate plot to kill her.
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
post #179 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

...all they would have to have done is to scale back/withdraw her protection.

...Actually there is some evidence for this but in any case we'll never know. One thing we DO know is that they didn't need to do anything else than this; except just wait.

Now that's reasonable.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #180 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline View Post

Now that's reasonable.

I'd have to agree, if anyone knows what it really takes to stay alive in the big PK, it would be Mushy.

Although the line from Gladiator rings true: they have to kill your name first, before they kill you. I'm not certain M needs this headache.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #181 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

I'd have to agree, if anyone knows what it really takes to stay alive in the big PK, it would be Mushy.

Although the line from Galdiator rings true: they have to kill your name first, before they kill you. I'm not certain M needs this headache.

The big problem with many Conspiracy (with a capital C) theories is that they require you to believe in a particularly bizarre mix of supposed slip-ups that are apparently blindingly obvious to the loud-mouth guy sitting at the bar pontificating about all that's wrong with the world, combined with incredible competence at pulling off masterfully orchestrated plans of secrecy and deception.

In the real world, powerful people often abuse their power to do stupid things which are likely to come back and bite them in the ass -- which is exactly what Musharraf has done here, whether his complicity in Bhutto's death was direct, or indirect via weakening or neglect of her security.

Then again, perhaps the Puppet Masters needed to first kill Bhutto, then kill Musharraf later, and everything is going according to The Plan.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #182 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline View Post

Please do point out what exactly I've failed to comprehend.

Rather than a "failure to comprehend", which I take back, the subtle implication on your part, was that I acknowledged the "laser" theory. I didn't say or intend to mean anything of the kind, but perhaps you felt you needed to raise the connection, and hence make the accusation.

Quote:
Death by sunroof lever, however unlikely, is at least an order of magnitude more likely than employing secret lasers when good old fashioned bullets and bombs, available and used on the scene, were more than sufficient to do the job.

Agreed. I never implied anything of the kind, and I am as skeptical as you are re. laserbeans killing Bs. Bhutto.

Quote:
Death by sunroof lever would also, even if true, be still be an entirely moot point, because anyone making an obvious attempt to kill a person should be held entirely responsible and just as guilty for frightening their target into a deadly accident.

Again, I concur.

Quote:
How many people angry over the assassination of Bhutto would have their anger assuaged by the sunroof explanation, or redirect their anger because of it? As a lie, it's a pretty pointless and stupid lie, which is why I'd be more likely to attribute the sunroof lever explanation to incompetence and the confusion of the moment than to the malice of deliberate propaganda. Of course, it could be both -- incompetent propaganda.

According to the videos, of which there are many, and were available for public viewing quickly after the killing, it was obvious that guns were fired: picture and sound confirms it (unless the gun/s were faked?). Bhutto's doctor was pressurized not to say things..why?. The police allegedly prevented surgeons from performing an autopsy... why? The Pakistani authorities changed their story 3 times: Why? This could spell incompetence, for sure. It could also imply a degree of guilt. Perhaps an element of both is the likeliest scenario? Bhutto was a popular challenger for the Musharraf regime, and she was aware of possible vote rigging in the forthcoming elections, and she was likely to go public with this. There was motivation to silence her.

It seems odd that the Pakistani authorities would go for such an unlikelihood for a cause of death when the apparent cause was staring everyone in the face from the get go: perhaps he and his admin., as an prime ally of Bush in the war-of-terror, felt they could (also) get away with murder, and nobody would turn a hair.

The truth almost always falls somewhere in the middle of two (wildly) opposing explanations for a controversial event.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #183 of 190
sammi jo, like 9/11, there are just too many things that could go wrong to look for a conspiracy. I think segovius' point is valid, all Musharraf would have to do is not have that extra shift of ISI show up to work on a particular day -- or even give a security detail to a bunch of N00bs.

Having been shot at himself, M wouldn't have had to make this complicated. At the same time, I doubt he runs through town with his head sticking out of a sunroof: Bhutto was killed doing something very risky.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #184 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

sammi jo, like 9/11, there are just too many things that could go wrong to look for a conspiracy. I think segovius' point is valid, all Musharraf would have to do is not have that extra shift of ISI show up to work on a particular day -- or even give a security detail to a bunch of N00bs.

I agree. But I would also add that to deliberately "pull security" sounds a tad malicious; mere "incompetence" doesn't quite cut it, IF that is what happened.

Quote:
Having been shot at himself, M wouldn't have had to make this complicated. At the same time, I doubt he runs through town with his head sticking out of a sunroof: Bhutto was killed doing something very risky.

Again, agreed. She did something highly reckless, to the point of stupidity, especially in an unstable Pakistan under thug rule. Having just returned there after years in exile, she knew full well that her opposition wouldn't think twice about terminating either her political career or her life.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #185 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

sammi jo, like 9/11, there are just too many things that could go wrong to look for a conspiracy. I think segovius' point is valid, all Musharraf would have to do is not have that extra shift of ISI show up to work on a particular day -- or even give a security detail to a bunch of N00bs.

Having been shot at himself, M wouldn't have had to make this complicated. At the same time, I doubt he runs through town with his head sticking out of a sunroof: Bhutto was killed doing something very risky.

I think that is a nice, concise summary of the situation.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #186 of 190
Just a bump. Saw this over at AmericanThinker.com.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3177691.ece

Although I don't think it necessarily invalidates any of the above posts.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #187 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Just a bump. Saw this over at AmericanThinker.com.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3177691.ece

Although I don't think it necessarily invalidates any of the above posts.



Al-Qaeda, the new hippies...\
post #188 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post



Al-Qaeda, the new hippies...\

Ha! Who knew Howard Stern would finally slip over the edge!

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #189 of 190
Al Qaeda has a new secret lethal weapon: Sunroof levers in cars.

Look out America... and be patriotic: report any car that has a sunroof to Homeland Security...
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #190 of 190
Everybody panic, there be white Al-Qaedas now!

Anyway, sort of on topic.

Pakistan president tells US to stay out

Quote:
Despite the growing threat from Islamic extremists, President Pervez Musharraf said U.S. troops are not welcome to join the fight against al-Qaida on Pakistani soil.

Musharraf warned in an interview published Friday that Pakistan would resist any unilateral military action by the United States against militants sheltering in its lawless, tribal regions close to the Afghan border.

"I challenge anybody coming into our mountains," he told Singapore's The Straits Times in the interview notable for its unusually strident language. "They would regret that day."

Down boy. Be a good U.S. lackey dog. Good boy...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bhutto Killed in Suicide Attack