or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › But I dont want to go to mobile yahoo!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

But I dont want to go to mobile yahoo!!!

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
So Yahoo launched their mobile yahoo site and my iPhone automatically goes to it. I can not get to the regular yahoo at all!!! I do not want yahoos shitty mobile site. I didnt get an iphone so I can see watered down versions of good sites turned into crap. I bought an iPhone so I would have the full internet. Is their anyway I can change my phone so I dont get directed to these mobile chops of the internet?!!?!?
post #2 of 22
same here
post #3 of 22
Did you ask Yahoo?

I haven't foolded around with yahoo, but can't you set up a personalized page? What happens if you go to that?
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post

Did you ask Yahoo?

I haven't foolded around with yahoo, but can't you set up a personalized page? What happens if you go to that?

But this is a more general problem/question. For example nfl.com has the same problem.
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post

Did you ask Yahoo?

I haven't foolded around with yahoo, but can't you set up a personalized page? What happens if you go to that?

There is no way to access regular yahoo.com via the iphone. AT ALL.
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by btitusjr View Post

There is no way to access regular yahoo.com via the iphone. AT ALL.

Try
http://www.yahoo.com/?a

C.
post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Try
http://www.yahoo.com/?a

C.

yea that works. I dont understand why these websites just assume that we want to go to some crappy mobile site. Makes me mad.
post #8 of 22
yo can go t my yahoo but that requires password. anyway to get i phone to remember password?
post #9 of 22
http://www.yahoo.com/?a that works. i just bookmarked it. thanks.
post #10 of 22
Not all mobile sites are bad things. The Google mobile applications -- Mail, Calendars, etc -- are AWESOME. So is the Facebook application. I'm all for iPhone-specific sites that load quickly, are feature rich and look and feel like a native application.
post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball1244 View Post

Not all mobile sites are bad things. The Google mobile applications -- Mail, Calendars, etc -- are AWESOME. So is the Facebook application. I'm all for iPhone-specific sites that load quickly, are feature rich and look and feel like a native application.

Your right not all of them are bad but dont just assume that cause I'm on something mbile that I want to automatically be redirected to a chopped mobile site. Right? Should ask that I want to be redirected cause most of the time I dont.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
What about aol. Anyone got a .aol url so I can view the real aol not their mobile site.
post #13 of 22
Hmm.. Yahoo works for me, but AOL dosn't. very curious.
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 
Edit mistake
post #15 of 22
nfl.com sucks.... i hate shitty mobi sites!
post #16 of 22
great now myspace is doing it too!! Its a horrible myspace mobile site that's so unstable its unusable.... And I can't find a way to use the normal myspace. Argggg
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by OahuSurf View Post

great now myspace is doing it too!! Its a horrible myspace mobile site that's so unstable its unusable.... And I can't find a way to use the normal myspace. Argggg

For things like this it is best to write a letter to the man in charge. Point out that you have a fully web capable device and no need for the mobile site. Also point to this thread to support your position.

This could very well be a case of a rogue programmer with no iPhone experience simply setting up the site to shove you over to the mobile site and not knowing any better.

Dave
post #18 of 22
lol i know exactly what you mean! i hate it when I go to sites and it goes the the mobil version and it doesnt give me the option to go to the normal one. Hopefully they will realize iphones do exist and will let you go to the regular version
From the one, and only Travis Reynolds. You stay Classy San Diego
Reply
From the one, and only Travis Reynolds. You stay Classy San Diego
Reply
post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisReynolds View Post

lol i know exactly what you mean! i hate it when I go to sites and it goes the the mobil version and it doesnt give me the option to go to the normal one. Hopefully they will realize iphones do exist and will let you go to the regular version

Yea I just noticed that myspace has done it to us as well. Well I emailed them my complaint and left this link. If anyone can figure out a get around for myspace please do tell
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by btitusjr View Post

Yea I just noticed that myspace has done it to us as well. Well I emailed them my complaint and left this link. If anyone can figure out a get around for myspace please do tell

I'll answer my own question.

http://www.myspace.com/?useclassicmyspace=true


Use that as your url instead of regular old myspace.com
post #21 of 22
You can get to the regular yahoo site. Download another browser like photon. Once you download photon. All you have to do once you are in the photon app, press the lightning bolt in the bottom right-hand corner. it'll take you www.yahoo.com
post #22 of 22
Originally Posted by geckos1963 View Post
Download another browser like photon.

 

Maybe he doesn’t want to use a crap browser.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › But I dont want to go to mobile yahoo!!!