or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › HD Capture Device for iMac?

HD Capture Device for iMac?

post #1 of 4
Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a high definition capture device, accepting either an HDMI or component cable, that works with the iMac (so, using USB 2.0 or Firewire)?

Thanks for any pointers!
post #2 of 4
What exactly do you wish to capture? If it's TV, the elgato eyetv hybrid works really well.

Do you have a Intel Machine or a very late G5? those are the only ones that can handle HD at all.

Here's a start:
http://www.adstech.com/products/API-...id=API-557-EFS
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
post #3 of 4
I have a current generation Intel iMac. I'm wanting the source to be independant -- might be TV today, might be something else tomorrow.

Thanks for the link -- it looks like that might be the solution. What software would I use for the Mac in order to capture the video (the web page seems to indicate the included software is Windows only)?
post #4 of 4
oh shoot, sorry about the software.... If the Mac can see it, then iMovie or Final cut express or QT pro should capture video from it.

Canopus: forgot these guys! They are mac compatible and works with Final Cut Exp/Pro, used it in college. Not very cheap but see if they have what you want:
http://www.canopus.com/products/productsmain.php

Not much in the consumer market yet, not a lot of demand I don't think. Also, been such a PITA over content and copyrights holds alot of this kind of stuff up.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › HD Capture Device for iMac?