or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners - Page 4

post #121 of 385
Null.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
post #122 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Perhaps the new ultra-light portable(s) will have internet access everywhere via cell networks.

Agreed. I will probably get the over sized ultra with cell phone net access.
Hard-Core.
Reply
Hard-Core.
Reply
post #123 of 385
Here's my guess. I think they will unveil a new Apple TV obviously paired with the iTunes movie rentals. I also think they will put a TV tuner inside the AppleTV and allow for close to real time streaming on different devices over Wifi (iPhone, iPod Touch, and Macs) allowing each of the devices to control the Apple TV's new PVR settings, showing a showtime schedule and allowing for quick access to recording shows. I think these new features would sell a lot more AppleTVs, personally I didn't buy an AppleTV for the lack of PVR features. Also it would be nice to see a built in DVD player/Blueray player.
post #124 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

.....sharing Wi-Fi?

For those who may have forgotten

Somthing in the Air song by Thunderclap Newman
Soundtrack on Easy Rider

Call out the instigators
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Lock up the streets and houses
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Hand out the arms and ammo
We're going to blast our way through here
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together


Revolutionary? Rebellious? Something only Jobs could accomplish? Sharing wifi? Hmm
post #125 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Sorry to disappoint some of you but um, here's the list of bidders. Actually that's a list of accepted applications, but it's the same thing. Apple is not on the list, meaning they have nothing at all to do with the auction.

Sebastian

Sure they are.....page 3 "MAC Wireless, LLC"
post #126 of 385
I'll try to take a more serious approach and give my best guess.

1. Apple TV with ATSC tuner to record "over the Air" programs. Since apple lost NBC on iTunes, they've got to give people another way to record the shows they want on their iPods/iPhones.

2. Ultraportable MacBook with built in HSDPA via AT&T's 3G network.
post #127 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

Fear not, Apples adventures into the cloud always turn out lackluster and disappointing: eg DOTMac

What's wrong with .Mac? Since the summer updates its been working really well, Back to my Mac is great.
post #128 of 385
If Apple were to turn AppleTV into a DVR, I imagine that they would not let you skip commercials.
I think it would make sense. Apple has a lot of content providers to keep happy. It would allow them to keep them happy while making it so Apple never has to worry about running out of content. NBC for instance said that Apple wouldn't be able to sell as many iPods without their content, this move would free Apple from that problem. It would also make AppleTV much more desirable. I guess that would be a small price to pay to have to watch commercials if it was easy to transfer the files to an iPod or iPhone.
post #129 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...94#post1021494

How about back in Jan 07?

God that whole affair was really annoying.
MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz and a battle-scarred PowerBook G4 1.33GHz

"When you gaze long into a dead pixel, the dead pixes gazes also into you"
Reply
MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz and a battle-scarred PowerBook G4 1.33GHz

"When you gaze long into a dead pixel, the dead pixes gazes also into you"
Reply
post #130 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by russgiro88 View Post

If Apple were to turn AppleTV into a DVR, I imagine that they would not let you skip commercials.
I think it would make sense. Apple has a lot of content providers to keep happy. It would allow them to keep them happy while making it so Apple never has to worry about running out of content. NBC for instance said that Apple wouldn't be able to sell as many iPods without their content, this move would free Apple from that problem. It would also make AppleTV much more desirable. I guess that would be a small price to pay to have to watch commercials if it was easy to transfer the files to an iPod or iPhone.

Problem 1: It would piss off content providers who already don't like the fact that DVRs exist and you would see more than NBC pulling hteir TV Shows from iTS.

Problem 2: An AppleTV that would, theoretically, have to stream H.264 (720p) media from an iTunes on a Mac or PC, decode this H.264 (720p) media for immediate viewing, capture a HD (720p) feed, encode this feed as H.264 and save to disk all at the same time would require good deal more processing power and RAM than the AppleTV currently sports. It would also need a larger HDD. Those things, plus the tuner, would price this device well above $349 USD.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #131 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I noticed their use of Myriad Light right away also. It's really not good to use such a thin letterform against a solid black field. Even if Apple is doing this to emphasize a thinner something-or-other it seems a poor choice design-wise.

I think it's Gotham actually. I work in an ad agency and we've been using that font like crazy lately.
post #132 of 385
Cringely actually had an article with some interesting ideas. I don't think I've seen that from him in a good two years.

Basically, he thinks Apple is poised to buy Adobe. He thinks that the owners would like to get rid of it, that a Flash/QT combo would devastate Windows Media (I assume it would keep Silverlight from gaining any ral traction, too), and add another open standardPDFto Apple's game.

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2...11_003899.html
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #133 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

What's wrong with .Mac? Since the summer updates its been working really well, Back to my Mac is great.

I too agree-I personally love .mac. Especially since iPhoto '08 arrived I love .mac even more!
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Reply
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Reply
post #134 of 385
A holographic interface would make something in the air, but this is 2008 not 2018. It must be what people have suggested, some sort of wireless broadband effort by Apple. After all they gave the iPhone 2 network interfaces, and only one of them was Cell.
post #135 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Cringely actually had an article with some interesting ideas. I don't think I've seen that from him in a good two years.

Basically, he thinks Apple is poised to buy Adobe. He thinks that the owners would like to get rid of it, that a Flash/QT combo would devastate Windows Media (I assume it would keep Silverlight from gaining any ral traction, too), and add another open standardPDFto Apple's game.

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2...11_003899.html

To bolster that thought, I saw an article at the guardian where several former insiders at Apple and tech 'experts' were interviewed and gave their thoughts on Apple. Several are predicting that Apple will or should buy Adobe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ple.steve.jobs
post #136 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

For those who may have forgotten

Somthing in the Air song by Thunderclap Newman
Soundtrack on Easy Rider

Call out the instigators
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Lock up the streets and houses
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Hand out the arms and ammo
We're going to blast our way through here
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together


Revolutionary? Rebellious? Something only Jobs could accomplish? Sharing wifi? Hmm

Looking at those lyrics has made me think about it being a merger/buyout by google. With Steve still the CEO.
post #137 of 385
There's something in the air

AAPL just settled with Apple corps

The Beatles are going to join iTunes, AAPL will announce their new record label, and Jay-Z will be the guest performer on Tuesday.

There's something in the air. The airwaves of AAPL's new music label travel thru the air and bring I'm big money.

Steve Jobs will also announce the iPhones successful sales numbers.

Discuss
post #138 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Problem 1: It would piss off content providers who already don't like the fact that DVRs exist and you would see more than NBC pulling hteir TV Shows from iTS.

Problem 2: An AppleTV that would, theoretically, have to stream H.264 (720p) media from an iTunes on a Mac or PC, decode this H.264 (720p) media for immediate viewing, capture a HD (720p) feed, encode this feed as H.264 and save to disk all at the same time would require good deal more processing power and RAM than the AppleTV currently sports. It would also need a larger HDD. Those things, plus the tuner, would price this device well above $349 USD.

I dunno. Fox are obviously not that bothered by DVR. Their parent company owns sky, which has a TiVo like device on the Market to be who subscribe.
post #139 of 385
Okay... I seem to be the only one who relises what this means.

Apple is realeasing a new type of Jet. It will be the most revolutionary commercial aircraft ever introduced.

HOWEVER

It is being coupled with the greatest airline ever created. Appleair will have wifi on board, cell phone acsess (but only for iphone) and the in-fliht entertainment system will be the intire iTunes library. Plus, all of the crew will wear Black turtlenecks and blue jeans.

The airline will only fly the new jet and the jet will only be flowon on the new airline, despite pleas from other airlines to sell it.
post #140 of 385
Now we all know that Steve Jobs always has a much larger, long-term perspective and business strategy than most CEOs. So, I was skeptical that the slogan could be as simple as the addition of WIMAX or a lightweight touchbook or an updated HD/Blu-Ray Apple TV that streamed back and forth with your other Apple devices over 3G and Draft N. So I decided to google the phrase "there is something in the Air" and "Apple" and see what came up. Here is what I found most interesting:

http://www.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/erm0561.pdf

It's a 2005 discussion about the importance of podcasting to education. More interesting in the article is mention of the impact of podcasting upon human civilization's ability to communicate. This is the kind of thinking that would merit attribution to Steve Jobs. We know Steve has mentioned in Apple meetings that the direction of Apple is about the ability to create and DISTRIBUTE content, hence the connection of Final Cut and iTunes. Steve has always seen the marriage between video, voice, music, and the spoken word and the need for a distribution medium which is as accessible and simple to use as are Macs to the Mac consumer.

Thus, I suspect the "Something in the Air" theme has to do with the marriage of all Apple products towards Steve's stated goal of perfecting the ability to mass communicate high quality video, images, voice, music, etc. to the masses (via iTunes and all Apple products of course). In order to accomplish this, he's got to make the Mac computer the creation station and the iPhone/iPod, Apple TV, and likely sub-notebook/newton-like tablet device able to freely pass the content. To do this, he's got to leverage all the wireless bandwidth he can (hence the Starbucks wifi access (with ordering and iTunes a way for Starbucks to increase revenue and co-brand their complimentary products)), open up the potential for access to all AT&T Wifi-spots, and introduction of 3G into the new products (tablet, iPhone2, etc.). The Apple TV HD wifi problem has already been licked with draft-N, so introduce a new Apple TV with draft-N and a faster processor to handle 1080p footage (with a Sony 1080p Blu-Ray Drive to boot) and Apple suddenly sets itself up to dominate the hi def disc market the way it's done it with iTunes and the iPhone.

Apple strategy is all about building a brand of products that are interdependent and provide additional value to the consumer if purchased together as a family. All of that content we create on our computers, combined with that content we can download to our computers (or our devices which will synch to our computers -- wirelessly "in the air of course") from iTunes (whether it be podcasts, movies, songs, or audio books) makes for an "easy", familiar, one-stop shop approach to how purchase, create, store, play and (most importantly) "distribute" our media. We're going to use Steve's computers, devices, network and software to do it because its simpler, sexier, smarter, faster, and better than any alternative. Sure, there will be nay sayers (mostly Redmond junkies who don't get it yet), but world consumers will flock like sheep to this "air lifestyle" because it will be the coolest thing that we all wanted but never really knew until Steve Jobs figured it out for us (because we're collectively pretty bad at effectively knowing and communicating what we want and mostly because most big companies don't care what the consumer wants, they only care about fleecing our pockets and running off with our money).

So, if I am correct, look for a series of new products (yes some will be perceived as just badly needed updates, but Steve has been waiting to bring them together like an orchestra) such as:

1. HD Apple TV (with Blu-Ray because the discs are out there and if Steve can get BD purchasers to buy up his HD Apple TVs he'll have them on his network for a generation and make gobs of cash from them).

2. SONY BDs in all new macs (because HD video is central to this Apple Video-centric strategy, he wants you to use his software and computers to make your HD movies until the point that all of your relatives have HD Apple TVs capable of getting the same content via his iTunes Network). Which means that the new Mac Pros already have BD drives in them and will get a firmware update to enable them after Mac World (just like he did when he hid draft-N in the iMacs for months).

3. Final Cut Studio and Express updates to be able to burn BDs and iTunes-streamable HD content (you can already do this on iTunes and Web Gallery).

4. A space upgrade to Apple's secret You Tube (aka Web Gallery) to accomodate all of that HD content you'll be creating.

5. 3G built into all MacBooks (including the MacTouch's that will be released next week) with enticing AT&T discounts to users who connect more than one data device to their network, with Apple getting a slice from each account, of course.

6. Free access to all AT&T wifi spots around the world for all AT&T iPhone and soon to be MacTouch customers.

7. A huge expansion of the iTunes library with the addition of nearly all of the rest of the major labels' and movies houses' content into iTunes (DRM Free for the most part).

8. A 3G iPhone announcement (but won't be available until around May).

9. Sony announcement that it will distribute its films and music via iTunes.

10. Ability to wirelessly synch all of your recent generation Apple Devices.

11. Potential announcement that Apple is Purchasing Adobe and merging their products into Final Cut and Aperature (thereby grabbing a huge PC-link into iTunes "Distribution").

With all of this, Apple will make it easy (but not necessarily cheap) for you begin your journey into your future Apple lifestyle "in the air." See you at the Apple Store (or Best Buy)...
post #141 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan View Post

Now we all know that Steve Jobs always has a much larger, long-term perspective and business strategy than most CEOs. So, I was skeptical that the slogan could be as simple as the addition of WIMAX or a lightweight touchbook or an updated HD/Blu-Ray Apple TV that streamed back and forth with your other Apple devices over 3G and Draft N. So I decided to google the phrase "there's something in the Air" and "Apple" and see what came up. Here is what I found most interesting:

...

With all of this, Apple will make it easy (but not necessarily cheap) for you begin your journey into your future Apple lifestyle "in the air." See you at the Apple Store (or Best Buy)...

Welcome to the AI forums. While I don't agree with all your predictions that is an excellent 1st post.

Things I don't see happening at MacWorld are Blu-ray (Apple is pushing disc-less), DRM-free in iTunes (Apple is the bully that no one wants to play with on the music side and video still requires DRM as it's a different beast), Sony announcement (Sony Music doesn't care about black people—wait, I mean—Sony Music doesn't care about Apple right now), and wireless sync of portable devices (I see this as a pointless feature since wireless sync is slow and will drain the battery, unles we are talking about WAN syncing, not LAN syncing)

My 02¢.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #142 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Welcome to the AI forums. While I don't agree with all your predictions that is an excellent 1st post.

Things I don't see happening at MacWorld are Blu-ray (Apple is pushing disc-less), DRM-free in iTunes (Apple is the bully that no one wants to play with on the music side and video still requires DRM as it's a different beast), Sony announcement (Sony Music doesn't care about black people—wait, I mean—Sony Music doesn't care about Apple right now), and wireless sync of portable devices (I see this as a pointless feature since wireless sync is slow and will drain the battery, unles we are talking about WAN syncing, not LAN syncing)

My 02¢.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been an almost daily reader, but always too busy to contribute. I guess this year the excitement was too much for me.

I thought the same about Sony, but then I read that Sony may be making a joint announcement at MW and that raised my eyebrow. They already partnered with Amazon, so that tells me that Sony recognizes that they HAVE to go net distribution, and since Apple has been on the Blu-Ray consortium for some time (albeit silent), and HD-DVD just got shot in the face (a week before Mac World by one of the projected new partners in iTunes with others having already ditched their HD-DVD exclusivity), it would make sense for Sony to use its huge library as bargaining power with Apple in exchange for Apple including Sony BD drives in its products (which tracks well with Apple's perceived alliance with Disney by virtue of Steve's board status with them).

With Intel's new chipsets, wireless synching WAN and LAN are a real potential both in terms of speed and battery drain. But I would also remind you that Apple put in a patent back in 2005 (I believe it was 2005) in which they posited a wireless synch scheme that looks remarkably like a combo of what we have heard about in the upcoming iTunes purchases from Starbucks with the ability to synch later with the other devices in your home combined with the ability for central backup, data sharing, and remote client capability that we see already built into leopard.
post #143 of 385
"There's something in the air" is a lyric from Digitalism's insanely catchy song Pogo. I'm thinking it will be the soundtrack for MacWorld 2008.
post #144 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by tykauffman View Post

It appears my ARGUABLY BRILLIANT POST may have been overlooked so I'll reply to it and expand on it:

"Apple plans to completely eliminate the use of arsenic in all of its displays by the end of 2008."
(http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/)

Therefore, the portable line will all have LED backlit screens. LED screens are mercury free and consume less power.

Keep in mind that energy your portable laptop consumes does effect the environment. Although seemingly nominal, it does add up .. and, more excitingly, the green image Steve is banking on does justify LED and NAND technology switches.

For a higher cost, NAND memory will provide the following benefits: Faster, lighter, smaller, quieter, cooler and, most notably, less energy. Keep in mind that Apple is a market mover business within the consumer and professional PC industry. A flash memory manufacture will likely be willing to discount the cost of a large bulk order of NAND memory by Apple in an effort to effectively kill the traditional hard drive, creating a boom in the flash memory market for them to cash in on.

As to the "Something is in the air" thing .. well .. put yourself in Steve's shoes and break the phrase down. It's a common phrase, alludes to something magical happening. Steve's a poet and often uses hints, tricks and double meaning in his key phrases and marketing phrases. And thus, we seek the deeper meaning; 2008 is the year of green.

w00t

Then that would've read "Something isn't in the air"
post #145 of 385
I've got to say, I'm completely confused by this teaser. The only thing it indicates to me is that something will be announced that can access the internet anywhere similar to how the iPhone does. I wonder if it will follow the same concept as that Amazon book reader thing and how it connects through Sprint.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
post #146 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I've got to say, I'm completely confused by this teaser. The only thing it indicates to me is that something will be announced that can access the internet anywhere similar to how the iPhone does. I wonder if it will follow the same concept as that Amazon book reader thing and how it connects through Sprint.

The teasers are just that... teasers. They are there to generate buzz and free marketing through that hype. They aren't meant to tie directly into the most exciting product/advancement Apple will be announcing/releasing.

Last year's banner said, "The first 30 years were just the beginning." They could have used that tag line any year. It says nothing about the iPhone being released, which is inarguably the most important aspect of last year's event.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #147 of 385
Yeah I think the theme has to do with wireless.

1) 3G in iPhone

2) ATV/iTunes rental

3) wireless streaming of Mac to ATV

4) wireless iPhone/Mac syncing features

5) more BAck to my Mac features


.... Maybe ATV also becomes a set top box. Retail set top boxes are coming and although Apple wants to sell you iTunes content, this 'feature' would make it a bit of a trojan horse. Buy it for the set top box and then discover the iTunes features.
post #148 of 385
iPigeon.
post #149 of 385
Last year's "The first 30 years were just the beginning" is appropriate for the iPhone announce because it's a totally new product and direction.

So, if we read more into this year's teaser make sure you note the inclusion of the year: "2008. There's something in the air." I think this inclusion may imply more than we think, in fact when you hear 'there's something in the air' it may not be reference to a song(s) at all. Think of the other times you might have heard this phrase in everyday life; how about in relation to some sort of "change"...
post #150 of 385
Font is very thin. Something in the air, meaning... light weight. Definitely ultra-portable is coming.
post #151 of 385
MacBook Air ----- geez thats awful

www.9to5mac.com

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply
post #152 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipthedog69 View Post

Font is very thin. Something in the air, meaning... light weight. Definitely ultra-portable is coming.

Oddly, the thinned font giving reason that a thin notebook is due at Macworld is the best apocryphal logic I've read on this thread.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #153 of 385
Oh common it ain't that hard to figure out what Jobs is will be showing of next. Most of Jobs new product introductions are such simple inventions that they immediately look genius because it's so simple.

Jobs will introduce the home server. The home server is nothing more than a Wifi HD

It will serve as your hotspot,back up for all computers in your home, become your home itunes library , your home server, your Apple TV receiver. You can even hook speakers on it so you can say goodbye to your stereo and syncs your iPhone and iPod Touch.

"We think this is pretty cool . Priced at $399." "And, we'll be shipping them in February, we'll be taking order starting today."

One more thing ...
post #154 of 385
It has to be wireless something....however, what?

"In the air" could be partnership with certain airlines to deliver movies to iPod Touch/iPhone on the airplane, even phone calls via Wifi->airplane's satellite connection.

It could also mean iPhone via Wifi.
post #155 of 385
Is it possible the Mac Pros already have Bluray drives built in them? It could explain the price increase of the base model.
post #156 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergun View Post

Is it possible the Mac Pros already have Bluray drives built in them? It could explain the price increase of the base model.

That is not possible. It's not like what Apple did with the 802.11n paid update. The new Mac Pros have additional default HW that the previous model did not.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #157 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Sorry to disappoint some of you but um, here's the list of bidders. Actually that's a list of accepted applications, but it's the same thing. Apple is not on the list, meaning they have nothing at all to do with the auction.

Sebastian

Actually this looks like a list of some of the smaller players.

The list has over 250 applicants.

Here is the full list http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-07-5030A2.pdf


Unless Apple is under a secret alias, I don't see them on the list...but Google is
post #158 of 385
Perhaps it's a sign that Apple is buying Adobe, which happens to publish the Myriad Pro family of fonts. Just a hunch, or a coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirc View Post

That is very unusual. I think it's either a lighter font of Myriad or a proprietary derivative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhelim View Post

Much love.... still an unusual choice for Apple
Gabrielle Paige | 13.3" MacBook | 2.0 MHz Core 2 Duo | 2 GB RAM | OS X 10.5.1
Reply
Gabrielle Paige | 13.3" MacBook | 2.0 MHz Core 2 Duo | 2 GB RAM | OS X 10.5.1
Reply
post #159 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post

Actually this looks like a list of some of the smaller players.

The list has over 250 applicants.

Here is the full list http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-07-5030A2.pdf

Unless Apple is under a secret alias, I don't see them on the list...but Google is

Verizon is listed under the vacuous name "Wireless Communications Venture"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #160 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celsior View Post

Perhaps it's a sign that Apple is buying Adobe, which happens to publish the Myriad Pro family of fonts. Just a hunch, or a coincidence.

In that case, Apple's been trying to buy Adobe for years.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple hoists "There's something in the air" Macworld banners