or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Convert WMA to iTunes

Convert WMA to iTunes

post #1 of 11
In Mail, received recorded words that plays in Windows Media Player with file extension .WMA

Cannot convert to iTunes? Is it possible?

Thanks
post #2 of 11
To convert WMA files, drag them over the iTunes browser window and drop them.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
post #3 of 11
That only works on a PC, BTW. Jus' sayin'.
post #4 of 11
You could use an app called EasyWma which converts wma to mp3 and a couple of other formats. It is shareware but well worth the small amount.

I purchased this app and find it works rather well and makes life just that little bit easier.

The sound quality is rather good also after the conversion and itunes sees the mp3 files that are produced without any problems.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob05au View Post

You could use an app called EasyWma which converts wma to mp3 and a couple of other formats. It is shareware but well worth the small amount.

I purchased this app and find it works rather well and makes life just that little bit easier.

The sound quality is rather good also after the conversion and itunes sees the mp3 files that are produced without any problems.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EXCELLENT SUGGESTIONS...as you wrote well worth the $10. It was the only conversion program that worked. This file was almost hour long which augmented the problems but NOT with the EasyWma

Thanks again1
post #6 of 11
Glad to hear it worked well.

I have never had any problems since being told about EasyWma it is the only app I have found which does what it says and without any hassles.
post #7 of 11
You can try Switch. The basic version is freeware and works great for converting .wma to an iTunes compatible format, MPEG, aiff, mp3, etc.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #8 of 11
Why does it feel like this is a spam thread? Is it the constant repetition of the name of the software by switchedfromdell and rob05au?

\
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #9 of 11
I use VisualHub. http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

It can covert your file to many formats and sizes depending on your need. Just go to the site and see if it will work for you. Here just one quote "Fast conversion from nearly every video format to iPod, PSP, DV, DVD, Tivo, AVI, MP4, WMV, MPEG and Flash."

I use it frequently to convert many types to video files to MP4. It uses H.264 encoding and works very well. Then I will put those files into iTunes. Some conversions can be large and this can shrink a file to save space.
post #10 of 11
Quicktime?? ... It may be a "Pro" feature, in which case it ain't free, but it'll convert .wma (and wmv) to mp3 or aac or whatever.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #11 of 11
how do you get them to save using Switch?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Convert WMA to iTunes