or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Letdown?

Letdown? - Page 5

post #161 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjteix View Post

EEE PC (this is taken directly from Asus web site, the download (?) section.

MacBook Air

Clearly those two products are not made for the same audience. Which one are you?

(Moderators, I don't mind being banned a few days, I have work to do anyway!)

You can't REALLY be saying that the EEE PC is for children only? Go look at the product reviews on Amazon or Newegg. Adults are using it as second, portable computer.
post #162 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Dave, please show everyone here that having 3 USB ports rather than 1, and an input for a mic, are not the only things that the EEE PC has over the MacBook Air.

The specifications for the Eee PC are public knowledge, but if you insist:
Memory cards:
1. MMC: include MMC (Multimedia Card) / MMC Plus / RS-MMC (Reduced Size) (with MMC adapter)
2. SD: include SD (Secure Digital) / MicroSD (with SD adapter)
3. MiniSD (with SD adapter)

USB as you mentioned 3 external ports.

Ethernet communications one port.

WiFi supported!

Internal expansion slot.

What is of concern is that the above items are supported in a much smaller form factor.
Quote:

Really, I think you must be pulling my chain with your argument. You can't seriously believe you are being serious comparing the EEE PC to the MacBook Air. You must just be having a laugh seeing how you can goad me into responding to you.

Actually I'm begin very serious as I see the Vacuums limitations as being grave. Sure it has a fancy new processor and soldered in RAM but the processor is only part of the equation when it comes to computing. This I think you will agree to if you think about it.
Quote:

The EEE PC has:
  • a 7" 800 x 480 resolution display
  • a tiny, tiny keyboard
  • 512 MB RAM (yes, it's expandable, but the point is moot, because the max RAM is 2 GB)
  • between 2 and 8 GB of storage, depending on configuration
  • VGA output
  • Awesomely slow, single-core, one generation old architecture CPU running at 900 MHz

The MacBook Air has
  • 13.3" 1280 x 800 resolution display
  • Full-size, backlit keyboard
  • 2 GB RAM (same as EEE PC maximum)
  • 80 GB storage minimum
  • DVI out
  • Dual-core 1.6 GHz processor, minimum

Yes the things that are include are very nice, that is not the problem. The problem is the items missing. The Ethernet, the extra USB slots, the support for a flash card port and internal expansion. The problem with the Vacuum is that it is seriously unbalanced as a computer goes. More so considering it's size. That the machine offers less in a larger package can't go unnoticed.

It should be noted to that much of what you highlight above doesn't take up a lot of space relative to the Eee PC. They are using a crappy 1.8" drive, the RAM likely takes up less space and the new LED display technology is thinner. So where are all the ports?
Quote:

All this in a package only 450 g heavier.

The point I'm trying to make is all of what? Processor - both machines have a processor, sure one is better than the other but space wise not much difference. Ram is the same thing, it is a wash. So why the lack of ports?

It should also be noted that the Eee PC has a replaceable battery which hasn't impacted I/O on the device. Nor has it impacted weight.
Quote:

But wait! Let's ignore all that! The EEE PC has two extra USB ports therefore it is better and makes a mockery of the MacBook Air's price. Let's ignore the fact that all other similarly-specced computers cost at least the same as, if not more than, the MacBook Air.

First off EEE PC has a lot more than two extra USB ports going for it. It has Ethernet along with Wifi. It also has a flash card reader.

In any event I still don't think you are getting my point which is the Vacuum is disgraced by not what it has but by what it leaves out.

Dave
post #163 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

That's a good one! You don't see any contradiction here between "8 GB is not enough for the iPhone" and "it's reasonable to compare the EEE PC to the MacBook Air" (EEE PC has 8 GB storage maximum, MacBook Air 10 x that).

Nope! The problem is this the iPhone is closed in the sense of Flash expansion and frankly I wouldn't be carrying around music on any laptop I use. Eee PC can be easily expanded if required.

It really comes down to what you see as the usage for an ultra mobile PC. I see it as a better connectivity device than something like the iPhone when non voice communications is needed. The Eee PC is very flexible in that regards.
[/quote]

The NAS is underwhelming. Doesn't add anything to existing products other than looking a bit prettier. Should have the option to have dual drives in a redundant RAID, and have the option of running various servers such as a webserver, iTunes server for serving AppleTV and the like.[/QUOTE]

It could be considered underwhelming but in the face of what it was debuted against it is a standout. Four things to cover and only one of them worth the time Jobs spent on stage. That is the way I see the NAS.

Dave
post #164 of 196
stop with the apple nut-hugging. Apple fucked up the good ol' fashion way. They can take their $20 upgrade and shove it up their ASS! Like I said, There is something in the air, and it smells like SHIT!
post #165 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by opnsource View Post

NO KIDDING! Don't get me wrong, the Macbook Air is a cool niche product and everything, but the Pro is supposed to be the top of the line! And now the Air has new features that the Pro doesn't (multi-touch track pad for one) and the Pro doesn't even get a effing update? No speed bump? NOTHING??????? WTF?

I believe there is a chance the new trackpad gestures will be supported in the current MBP after a software upgrade. If not this will go into the new models.

Otherwise, great keynote!
post #166 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Nope! The problem is this the iPhone is closed in the sense of Flash expansion and frankly I wouldn't be carrying around music on any laptop I use. Eee PC can be easily expanded if required.

It really comes down to what you see as the usage for an ultra mobile PC. I see it as a better connectivity device than something like the iPhone when non voice communications is needed. The Eee PC is very flexible in that regards.

The NAS is underwhelming. Doesn't add anything to existing products other than looking a bit prettier. Should have the option to have dual drives in a redundant RAID, and have the option of running various servers such as a webserver, iTunes server for serving AppleTV and the like.[/QUOTE]

Air price should be 3X iPhones. Ie $1200 period. Now happy ?. TC Nas is only news, I will get 2, one for office and one for home!.
MBP 2.4UB 500HD , MBA Gen1 1.6/80HD MB 2.2SR 250HD PB 1.67 160HD iPhones Gen1 8G4G
MBP 2.4UB 500HD , MBA Gen1 1.6/80HD MB 2.2SR 250HD PB 1.67 160HD iPhones Gen1 8G4G
post #167 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by opnsource View Post

NO KIDDING! Don't get me wrong, the Macbook Air is a cool niche product and everything, but the Pro is supposed to be the top of the line! And now the Air has new features that the Pro doesn't (multi-touch track pad for one) and the Pro doesn't even get a effing update? No speed bump? NOTHING??????? WTF?

I think we can expect more pure "fashion"-driven designs from Apple in the future. Face it, the incredible engineering and tradeoffs made for the MBA all come from the cosmetic point of view. This keeps Apple's products on the leading edge of aspirational consumer electronics products.

I'd expect some of the design cues to fold into future iPhone designs also.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #168 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post

I believe there is a chance the new trackpad gestures will be supported in the current MBP after a software upgrade. If not this will go into the new models.

Otherwise, great keynote!

Yeah, it will be supported allright... for a nice $50 upgrade fee.

Bullshit!
post #169 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I think we can expect more pure "fashion"-driven designs from Apple in the future. Face it, the incredible engineering and tradeoffs made for the MBA all come from the cosmetic point of view. This keeps Apple's products on the leading edge of aspirational consumer electronics products.

I'd expect some of the design cues to fold into future iPhone designs also.

I think we can expect more pure Upgrade Fees..That will keep Apple's products on the leading edge of aspirational consumer electronic price gouging.
post #170 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

You obviously can't read. I wasn't defending Bush. I'm just telling you that any sitting President can't, and doesn't, control what everyone is blaming Bush for. Reread it and then come back in to the conversation. And how is it exaclty that I'm fucked, because of Bush? I still have a job, in fact I'm retiring from it in 6 months at the age of 38. How bout you?

There's a big difference between being able to read and comprehend. If you think the first part is beyond me, the second escapes you.

Bush is the primary p.r. ambassador for your country. As such he has huge influence over the state of your economy which is, currently, fucked. No question.

For the record, at 39 I'm an exec within a multi-million pound media conglomerate and work 4 months of the year making money while I sleep the other 8.

The Air? It'll look good on my receptionists' desks but I can't see anybody here using it for work.
MATTE MATTERS
MATTE MATTERS
post #171 of 196
Quote:

The specifications for the Eee PC are public knowledge, but if you insist:
Memory cards:
1. MMC: include MMC (Multimedia Card) / MMC Plus / RS-MMC (Reduced Size) (with MMC adapter)
2. SD: include SD (Secure Digital) / MicroSD (with SD adapter)
3. MiniSD (with SD adapter)

All of which it desperately needs, because its built-in storage is laughable. Well, it's fine for text files and light browsing.

Quote:

USB as you mentioned 3 external ports.

On one bus, so no substantial improvement over a hub.

Quote:

Ethernet communications one port.

Legacy, when Jiffy Lubes have wireless access.

Quote:

WiFi supported!

802.11g only. S-l-o-w.

Quote:

What is of concern is that the above items are supported in a much smaller form factor.

What is of concern is that you can't see the value in removing things that are not often needed, nor of building in enough that you don't need expansion. With a bare minimum of ports, the Air is durable, looks sleek, and could be shrunk down as small as it was because the motherboard doesn't have to extend to cover port locations all over the machine.

I like the Eee. It's a spiffy little machine that takes care of the needs of a lot of people. But it's not a full-fledged personal computer. The OS and applications are take it or leave it (you can install Windows, but it's not a happy experience). The screen, while usable, is tiny and dim. You can't touch type on the keyboard, which is a deal-breaker for me.

The Air is at least a fully capable Mac. And while there's something to having a machine like my 17" PB that has every possible contingency accounted for, and is sized and weighted appropriately, there's also something to be said for a machine that only has what you need 80% or 90% of the time, and leans on peripherals for the rest. Obviously, if you spend 80% or 90% of your time with your ports full and your drive whirring, the Air is not your machine. But how many people just use their laptops, without peripherals and without an optical disk, almost all of the time? That's the potential market for the Air.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that the Air looks gorgeous while the Eee looks like cheap. Maybe Asus could clean up the design by getting rid of a lot of those ports.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!

Original music:
post #172 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorph View Post

I like the Eee. It's a spiffy little machine that takes care of the needs of a lot of people. But it's not a full-fledged personal computer. The OS and applications are take it or leave it (you can install Windows, but it's not a happy experience). The screen, while usable, is tiny and dim. You can't touch type on the keyboard, which is a deal-breaker for me.

It is a happy experience. You can up it to 2gb ram. I can run Halo on mine.
post #173 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

It is a happy experience. You can up it to 2gb ram. I can run Halo on mine.

I'm sure that Oni runs just fine on an Air, too.

But if you're running Halo, you're not trying to use Windows in such a cramped environment. At least the Eee's default OS was actually designed to match the hardware.

Original music:

Original music:
post #174 of 196
Quote:

I'm sure that Oni runs just fine on an Air, too.

But if you're running Halo, you're not trying to use Windows in such a cramped environment. At least the Eee's default OS was actually designed to match the hardware.

I stopped using xp. I love the version of linux it has, in full mode.
post #175 of 196
Quote:

All of which it desperately needs, because its built-in storage is laughable. Well, it's fine for text files and light browsing.

Laughable yes in the sense of a full grown laptop, but lets be honest it does a lot better than the other small form factor internet appliances on the market. Compared to the nokia Tablets the Eee PC is a power house.
Quote:

On one bus, so no substantial improvement over a hub.

Sure beats carrying a hub around with you. This for many will become a necessity on with the Vacuum. Well those silly enough to buy the machine.
Quote:
Legacy, when Jiffy Lubes have wireless access.

WiFi simply isn't available 100% of the time, that is reason enough to have an alternative.
Quote:

802.11g only. S-l-o-w.

Upgradeable though.
Quote:

What is of concern is that you can't see the value in removing things that are not often needed, nor of building in enough that you don't need expansion. With a bare minimum of ports, the Air is durable, looks sleek, and could be shrunk down as small as it was because the motherboard doesn't have to extend to cover port locations all over the machine.

There is such a thing as going to far and the Vacuum is the perfect example here. Its problems revolve around the lack of ports and the non swappable battery.

With the ports I'm flexible and would love to see a reasonable complement of USB port as they could easily cover multiple needs. Having a reasonable number of ports would not of impacted the design significantly. One port though is stupid especially when the machine lacks a dedicated Ethernet port.

As to Sound ports the thing that strikes me here is they have a perfectly good standard in the iPhone for a port to handle both audio in and out on a compact machine. Instead the Vacuum becomes a challenged device when tasked with VoIP. One of course could use an USB adapter but there is only one port there. So you are limited to either the built in mic or Bluetooth in most cases.
Quote:

I like the Eee. It's a spiffy little machine that takes care of the needs of a lot of people. But it's not a full-fledged personal computer.

Neither is the Vacuum. The limitations are different for sure but by the same logic make it far less than a full fledged computer. The reason I chose to compare against the Eee PC is not that the Eee is a full fledged computer but rather that it got the I/O right at a far lower price point than the Vacuum.

So by the same token the Vacuum is less than a personal computer but frankly is not in a position to meet as many needs as the Eee PC.
Quote:
The OS and applications are take it or leave it (you can install Windows, but it's not a happy experience). The screen, while usable, is tiny and dim. You can't touch type on the keyboard, which is a deal-breaker for me.

All valid complaints, but fairly easy to deal with on an open system. The issue with the keyboard on the Eee for example is valid but no where near as critical as the limitations on the Vacuum. There is no way to provide for what is missing from the Vacuum, which is pretty sad considering its price.
Quote:

The Air is at least a fully capable Mac.

It is no more a fully capable mac than a Eee PC is a fully capable Linux laptop. The limitations are different for sure but you simply can't say that the Vacuum is fully equipped.
Quote:
And while there's something to having a machine like my 17" PB that has every possible contingency accounted for, and is sized and weighted appropriately, there's also something to be said for a machine that only has what you need 80% or 90% of the time, and leans on peripherals for the rest. Obviously, if you spend 80% or 90% of your time with your ports full and your drive whirring, the Air is not your machine. But how many people just use their laptops, without peripherals and without an optical disk, almost all of the time? That's the potential market for the Air.

I'd say that market is very small.

It is unfortunate too as It would have only taken a bit of thought and engineering to make the current rendition of Air much more acceptable. Instead i looks like Apple was more concerned about looks than function.
Quote:

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that the Air looks gorgeous while the Eee looks like cheap. Maybe Asus could clean up the design by getting rid of a lot of those ports.

Actually I have ideas for the next rev of the Eee PC too. It would be improving a machine that already works of course. The port allocation would be rebalanced a bit but I wouldn't get rid of all of them. Might even add one of two.

The thing with the good ole Vacuum is that it wouldn't take a lot to make the machine much more attractive. It would still be to high priced but at least practicable for people with money.

Dave
post #176 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

I think the MacBook Air is the new CUBE. Another failed product. Funny thing is the price is the same as the cube. I think it's a POS.

I think you called it.

I was drooling right up to the 80 GB HD. That cripples this machine for me. I have 150 GB in my MBP and keep running out of space that I have to dump on an external I have. I could never go back to 80GB and 64GB is out of the question. And carrying around an external voids the whole point of the Air. Which is a lame name by the way...

I was hoping for a smaller unit too. The thinness is cool but I would have rather seen a real nano unit.

Apple's quest for smallness cost them another sale from me for the same reason. I would own an iPod Touch, but it doesn't have enough storage space.
post #177 of 196
we were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Its bad timing that this MacBook Air had to release yesterday.
post #178 of 196
Quote:

In either case way to much money for what you get. Mac Book Vacuum is going to suck no matter how you cut it. You just get to little for the money you invest. Way to little.

Frankly a lot of people have been saying they are going to buy one, they have the right to do so, but I suspect that these purchases won't be long term once they realize just how limited the Vacuum is. Expect to see used Vacuums going for a song.

Dave

I had considered responding to you but I don't try to reason with folks that make up juvenille names for things they don't like. It's not clever.

But hey, you managed to sucker Mr. H into responding. Troll 1, Mr. H. 0.

Baaaad Mr. H. Don't feed trolls. Baaad Amorph too.
post #179 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

to that person who said "Just wait a few weeks for a MacBook Pro Update".. dude you don't know the feeling, you don't know what its like.. Lots of people have been waiting for months now... and few more weeks.. I need one like really soon and there's no way i'm buying the current one right now.

I got mine for $84 through NuiTech, and I had to wait 3 months.
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #180 of 196
Well, the good news is, buy some AAPL.
- - - - - - - -

- J B 7 2 -
- - - - - - - -

- J B 7 2 -
post #181 of 196
I see the crybabies are still going on, give them about another couple of weeks.
post #182 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

I would own an iPod Touch, but it doesn't have enough storage space.

Wait about a year. Considering that production of normal 1.8" hard drives is coming to a close, I expect SSD prices to plummet.
post #183 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicvalentine View Post

stfu!

Take the high road and don't even give them your time.
post #184 of 196
Quote:

stop with the apple nut-hugging. Apple fucked up the good ol' fashion way. They can take their $20 upgrade and shove it up their ASS! Like I said, There is something in the air, and it smells like SHIT!

Educate yourself.

Quote:
Well, here's a weird one. It's no secret that Sarbanes-Oxley is a law with lots of problems. It's become a huge pain for businesses, forcing all sorts of useless, but expensive, procedures to be put in place that have little (if anything) to do with protecting investors from being taken in by unscrupulous companies. It's been a huge net loss to the economy, and has scared away plenty of companies from the public markets. While that may have held some "bubble euphoria" in check by keeping investment opportunities away from the public, the net result is bad for the overall economy. Last week, there was lots of talk about Jim Clark's decision to quit Shutterfly while blaming Sarbanes-Oxley for limiting what he could do at the company. Now comes the latest odd SOX complaint. Apparently Apple is forcing Mac owners to pay an extra $5 to unlock next generation features of WiFi that were bundled with recent machines. In order to unlock the pre-standard 802.11n features, you have to pay $5, with Apple saying that they cannot be seen as "giving away an unadvertised new feature of an already sold product without enduring some onerous accounting measures." The thinking, basically is that they would be unfairly recognizing the revenue early, since they hadn't completely delivered the product. The alternative would be to not recognize all the revenue ahead of time, but that presents other problems, and could even be more costly. Thus, consumers get the fun of having to pay extra to upgrade. Yet another fun unexpected consequence from excessive meddling from politicians.

Now, why they charged $20, and not $5 (or $.01), I can't say. \
post #185 of 196
There is Political Outsider for those who are interested in such debate.
post #186 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrano View Post

Educate yourself.

Now, why they charged $20, and not $5 (or $.01), I can't say. \

I see you're very educated with Steve's Hairy Ball Sack!

Thou shalt not hug thy Nuts.
post #187 of 196
Quote:

I see you're very educated with Steve's Hairy Ball Sack!

Thou shalt not hug thy Nuts.

Serrano is right.

I have to pay 1.99 to unlock n capability on my MBP.

Perhaps it doesn't make sense but it is true.
post #188 of 196
Quote:
Well, someone erased my post about how Bush doesn't run FEMA

What led you to think that a post about FEMA would stay in this forum?

As backtomac says, if you want to discuss politics, start a thread in Political Outsider.
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #189 of 196
post #190 of 196
Let down?

On the contrary, I couldn't have been more pleased with the keynote.

Bought the apps for my Touch as soon as the Apples Store came back online. Absolutely thrilled with them, too, especially the Notes.

Ordered a TimeCapsule today.
Ordered a MacBook Air today.

Will buy an Apple TV as soon as video rentals are available in Japan, which is hopefully later this year.

So, basically, four for four.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #191 of 196
"Nope not really. Other than they both run Linux they really have little to compare. The Eee PC is in effect a miniature laptop. What make the Eee PC relevant to the discussion is the fact that they where able to pack so much into the little box. Enough I/O in fact to make it attractive to a number of people that wouldn't normally go for the form factor."

ARE YOU KIDDING???
The Eee PC is remarkably under powered. For that price, you mine as well get and iPhone. It has about the same computing power. Plus it looks cooler.

Steve
20" Aluminum iMac (August 2007) - Snow Leopard 10.6.4
13" MacBook Pro (2.53 Ghz) - Snow Leopard 10.6.4
64 GB iPad Wifi
32 GB iPhone 3GS
8 GB iPhone (Original)
2 iPod Minis (Blue, 4GB)
20" Aluminum iMac (August 2007) - Snow Leopard 10.6.4
13" MacBook Pro (2.53 Ghz) - Snow Leopard 10.6.4
64 GB iPad Wifi
32 GB iPhone 3GS
8 GB iPhone (Original)
2 iPod Minis (Blue, 4GB)
post #192 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone91 View Post

ARE YOU KIDDING???
The Eee PC is remarkably under powered. For that price, you mine as well get and iPhone. It has about the same computing power. Plus it looks cooler.

Steve

Hahahaha

I have one, and I love it. And it looks awesome. I installed XP for a bit, was able to run Halo (lets see an iPhone do that) and I decided to try and get tiger on it. I did that for a bit, then decided I'd use the normal Linux it comes with. The computer is awesome, and very capable. I can do anything on it, save for very intensive stuff. I have 17 separate desktops on mine. You can use skype with it, so that takes care of the "phone" feature. lol

You don't know what you're talking about. I love it.
post #193 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

Hahahaha

I have one, and I love it. And it looks awesome. I installed XP for a bit, was able to run Halo (lets see an iPhone do that) and I decided to try and get tiger on it. I did that for a bit, then decided I'd use the normal Linux it comes with. The computer is awesome, and very capable. I can do anything on it, save for very intensive stuff. I have 17 separate desktops on mine. You can use skype with it, so that takes care of the "phone" feature. lol

You don't know what you're talking about. I love it.

Dude, the iPhone is a PHONE. Not a game machine. That's like saying the Lexus LS is a shitty work truck or a lousy farm truck.

Let's compare like objects, or things that do what they're supposed to do. Saying that the iPhone doesn't play a video game called Halo doesn't make it worthless.
Follow me on Twitter.
Follow me on Twitter.
post #194 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post

And therefore, a buying opportunity.

The numbers will roll in on 2007, these announcements will take off moving forward.

Think about it, the towers came out before the keynote to focus on Air & iTunes movies, the rest of the line will freshen over time, keeping Apple in the headlines, and you'll kick yourself 6 months down the road for not buying Apple stock Now.

That $200 price target is no joke, and it'll probably go higher.

Care to revise your last statement? AAPL opened at $147 today.
Fragmentation is not just something we have to acknowledge and accept. Fragmentation is something that we deal with every day, and we must accept it as a fact of the iPhone platform experience.

Ste...
Fragmentation is not just something we have to acknowledge and accept. Fragmentation is something that we deal with every day, and we must accept it as a fact of the iPhone platform experience.

Ste...
post #195 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

Care to revise your last statement? AAPL opened at $147 today.

Don't know exactly how much that is reflecting Apple or the world markets in general.

STOCKS PLUNGE ON RECESSION FEARS
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/...yxqbks3TSyBhIF

The Apple Drop:
http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...yhoo&dist=yhoo

post #196 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

Dude, the iPhone is a PHONE. Not a game machine. That's like saying the Lexus LS is a shitty work truck or a lousy farm truck.

Let's compare like objects, or things that do what they're supposed to do. Saying that the iPhone doesn't play a video game called Halo doesn't make it worthless.

Hahaha Oh, for crying out loud.

Did you even read what I was quoting? He was the one comparing, saying that for the price of the EEE, you should just get an iPhone, saying "it has the same processing power, and looks cooler."
So I told him why the EEE was a good purchase.
Freak out at hte right person next time.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Letdown?