or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google search on iPhone defaults to classic results

Google search on iPhone defaults to classic results

post #1 of 4
I'm a pretty experienced iPhone user (got it the day they came out), but I'm really frustrated.

Safari search (set to Google) defaults to Google's classic search results (NOT iPhone optimized).

When I go to www.google.com/m I can get the optimized results.

When I go to www.google.com/m at the bottom it shows:

Quote:
View Google in: Mobile

Yet it still defaults to Classic from the search bar in Safari.

I have tried when logged in and logged out. I have tried switching to Classic (in www.google.com/m) and back to Mobile. Nothing works.

Anyone have this problem? How can I fix it?

Any help or advice appreciated.
Brandon
MacBook Pro 2Ghz & MacBook Pro 2.16 Ghz
iMac 20" 2.16 Core 2 Duo - iPhone
Brandon
post #2 of 4
No one?

Does anyone else's iPhone have this problem?
Brandon
Brandon
post #3 of 4
Yes, I see the same thing. I guess I didn't think it was a problem because I didn't know about the optimized results. \
post #4 of 4
yeah i was pretty disappointed that apple did not do anything about their built-in googler in safari, but obviously as an alternative you can set a bookmark on your home page, or do what i did, and just use the yahoo as the search engine and it gives you back optimized results. its not bad or anything, i just prefer google, but yahoo's search works just fine and is formatted for the iphone.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google search on iPhone defaults to classic results