or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › NVIDIA readying GeForce 8800 GT upgrade for earlier Mac Pros

NVIDIA readying GeForce 8800 GT upgrade for earlier Mac Pros - Page 4

post #121 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't see it at all.

Where are you claiming it is? It clearly isn't where it is on every other board.

It's barely visible, through the vent holes on the plastic shroud that covers the heatsink. I should point out that the 7800GT and Quadro 4500 cards Apple used also had SLI connectors.
post #122 of 124
nevermind.
post #123 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

It's barely visible, through the vent holes on the plastic shroud that covers the heatsink. I should point out that the 7800GT and Quadro 4500 cards Apple used also had SLI connectors.

It's not visible at all. The connectors are at the top of the board, and stick out just a bit, as on the one I supplied in the link. They are clearly visible, even on smaller pictures than this one.
post #124 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

It's not visible at all. The connectors are at the top of the board, and stick out just a bit, as on the one I supplied in the link. They are clearly visible, even on smaller pictures than this one.

I build my own computers for gaming, so I know what an SLI connector looks like, thank you. I also know what an 8800GT looks like, and I can see the connector in that picture. It's visible through the vent holes on the fan shroud.

Anyway, the ship date for Mac Pros with the 8800GT is 2-3 weeks. Shortly after that, some kind soul will post post high-res pictures of the board and we'll know. What were we even discussing when this silly argument started? I don't remember.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › NVIDIA readying GeForce 8800 GT upgrade for earlier Mac Pros