or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Report: Apple reduces iPhone orders for second quarter

Report: Apple reduces iPhone orders for second quarter - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm View Post

Well, perhaps if a iphone was available in Canada the numbers may be better.\

Couldn't 'hoit'. Especially now that Canadian money is actually worth something. Never thought I'd see the day when the Canuck buck was worth as much as the USD.

Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

How long after the ADK comes out should we have MMS?

Hoping for a 3rd party MMS app, huh? But would ATT allow that?

Steve seems to have decided that MMS is just 'so yesterday' far as Apple is concerned, and that emailing pics is the way to go.

Perhaps Europe can change his mind... there's been a ton of complaints from over there about the no MMS situation.

post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

Steve seems to have decided that MMS is just 'so yesterday' far as Apple is concerned, and that emailing pics is the way to go.

Perhaps Europe can change his mind... there's been a ton of complaints from over there about the no MMS situation.

I don't think AT&T artificially would allow all phones to send MMS except the iPhone; but I was thinking more about the EU carriers.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

You have no idea how many Iphone owners in NYC have to constantly tell people - "Don't send me pics - you have to send them to my email address!!!!" That's ridiculous. Why should you have to add email addresses to your phone in addition to phone numbers????? Add MMS already!
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You have no idea how many Iphone owners in NYC have to constantly tell people - "Don't send me pics - you have to send them to my email address!!!!" That's ridiculous. Why should you have to add email addresses to your phone in addition to phone numbers?????

Add MMS already!

Word. Its been seven months already. Even bargain basement phones have MMS, but the iPhone doesn't. It's getting embarrassing.

post #46 of 53
Like other people said, the phone will never really take off in Europe until they have 3G. Anything less than that is technology that died years ago here.

In my opinion, there is nothing that Apple should be working harder on than getting 3G on the iPhone. The Macbook Air is nice, but it's not even something that the people have been crying out for. It'll be nice for some business executives, but otherwise no one cares.

They need 3G and a proper SDK so people can develop decent apps for the phone, and then there will be simply nothing on the market that comes close to the iPhone.

Being the outright leader in the mobile phone/PDA market vs having a thin laptop. The choice should be clear.
post #47 of 53
Relying on China's communist controlled anti-american media to form opinions as to the long term success of the iPhone and Apple is like reading the Enquirer to keep up with current events.
post #48 of 53
In Europe, one crosses borders and therefore changes providers quite frequently. For anyone, who travels extensively (Apple's target market), being able, to pop in a local prepaid card, instead of incurring roaming charges, would have to rank really high on the priority list.

Perhaps we do different things, when we sit in bistros, than checking stocks or YouTube , but I would never buy a SIM-locked phone, regardless of how slick.
My prediction is that European iPhone sales will take off only when the exclusive deals are ended.
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

I want to get an iPhone but the O2 contracts are crap

No they're not...
iMac 24" 2.4ghz, 1GB Ram, 250GB, OSX 10.5
post #50 of 53
Exactly, the UK deals are much better than the German deals for instance. In the UK you get double the amount of minutes, 5 times the amount of texts and a more generous fair use policy in regards to data for the same price as T-Mobile in Germany (comparing 35 pound plan to 50 euro plan in Germany).
post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

Exactly, the UK deals are much better than the German deals for instance. In the UK you get double the amount of minutes, 5 times the amount of texts and a more generous fair use policy in regards to data for the same price as T-Mobile in Germany (comparing 35 pound plan to 50 euro plan in Germany).

It's annoying basically if you look at it as paying 15 a month for the unlimited data, you're paying an extra 20 for the 35 package of texts and calls, 30 or 40 etc. The tariffs are good and they will get better over time.
post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

This is why Germany iphone sales has been only 70,000 units through January 11.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssT...66230120080126
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandros View Post

Variation. How many other synonyms to "Apple Inc." can you think of?

/Adrian

Just write Apple like they do everywhere else - even in the real press.

AI isn't Reuters and the stories aren't official press releases.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Report: Apple reduces iPhone orders for second quarter