or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Paradox of paradoxes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paradox of paradoxes - Page 2

post #41 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Oh then enjoy bring offended about a process which you didn't read and haven't considered.

I think you are right. That reads much better.

The process was so unethical, scientifically worthless and just plain stupid that a cursory reading was all that was required.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #42 of 122
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

I read it, carefully, and began to write a response to it.

I decided not to post my response (actually, I gave up pretty quickly), even though it was encouraging and cheekily 'sexist', because I don't know you, or your hypothetical wife, and it's really unguessable what goes on behind closed doors, I've never been married and my advice would have been internet nonsense, and not really useful. It was along the lines of 'compromise and selective indulgence save relationships.'

Me, I'm pretty pissed off because I thought you were being honest and I thought about you sort of kindly for a day, and now I know you were beating your men are victims hobbyhorse again. It's pretty lame.

First my wife isn't hypothetical. A member of this board has even met her.

Second you present a rather interesting paradox yourself. Apparently you enjoyed and thought kindly of me when I noted I was being victimized or at a minimum was troubled. However when I noted this wasn't the fact and in fact said men should not allow themselves to be victimized, well this you get pissed off about.

I mean aside from being tricked into this realization, can you tell me how the reasoning makes any sense? Why are you so pissed that I am only fictionally troubled for the purpose of reflection as opposed to legitimately troubled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I was irritated with this game as well. Why? First of all my sister is having problems in her marriage and I have been there for her and it takes a toll on me as well being family and all. Some of my neighbors are having money issues and I have tried to encourage them during their hard times (their money problems are due to medical costs). Then to see Nick having "stuff" going on I wanted to extend to him my friendship in time of need also.

For the rug to be jerked out and Nick saying.... I lied to you all

It pissed me off. Being a Christian I forgive Nick right away but my goodness I hope Nick does not do this kind of stuff in the future. It is not cool to jerk around people in some kind of trick.

And Nick don't get on Shawn or any other posters here as if this is about some kind of fault on their behalf. This entire thread is your doing Nick. OWN that and move on.

Fellows

I assure you I own the thread. You know I personally PM'ed you about your concerns. However you shared. I'll gladly get on those who were not mislead or tricked in any fashion and still take offense as if they were. Nothing was done to them.

The thread is about paradoxes and one of them is the willingness to lie to bring about the truth. The truth is that men will victimize themselves because they do not believe they deserve better. Society enjoys pointing at the few winners but ignores the many, many losers as well. No one is clamoring to break into the glass cellar of men in prisons, dangerous jobs, being killed in wars, divorced and tossed out of the lives of their kids, etc. I mean we will decry these things briefly but since we consider men to be disposable, it is never addressed long term.

I'm tired of teaching kids who have no fathers in their homes. I'm tired of seeing a member of my family and a close friend of mine self-persecute themselves for having bothered to choose the wrong woman. My friend took all the family debts, gave her the house, borrowed from his own 401k to set up a new household, and finally has the kids 60% of the time while paying her child support even though she earns the same money.

He does this so she won't fight him for the kids whereby in a court he knows he would lose due to the sexism out there.

If we won't wake up to it, we can't fight it. If the wake up call feels like a slap then we should all ask ourselves why portraying a man as strong and a woman as weak engenders good and kind feelings while pondering the reverse engenders animosity and anger.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #43 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post


Second you present a rather interesting paradox yourself. Apparently you enjoyed and thought kindly of me when I noted I was being victimized or at a minimum was troubled. However when I noted this wasn't the fact and in fact said men should not allow themselves to be victimized, well this you get pissed off about.

I don't give a shit about whether or not you're a victim, I was thinking 'What advice can I give this guy about this perfectly normal but troubling situation he's in?'

The gender/ victim stuff I still don't get. I don't care about it.

This is my last response to you here, because I don't think the 'debate' is legitimate or legitimately started, ie, you shouldn't be allowed to get away with this shit.
post #44 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I mean aside from being tricked into this realization....
Why are you so pissed that I am only fictionally troubled.....

For crying out loud! When you lie to people's face in a deliberate attempt to manipulate them, and get people to tell you their own personal (real, not fake) stories,people get pissed! There's nothing more complicated than that going on here.

Once again......
People get pissed off by bald-faced lies. It's as simple as that. No one gives a rat's ass pro or con about your gender theories in this situation. They care about being lied to. Hopefully I've repeated that enough that it actually sinks in.

You're just talking past everyone and trying to engage them in a conversation that no one cares about, because no one is going to get past your big pack-full of lies.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #45 of 122
Directed to Hassan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post


Second you present a rather interesting paradox yourself. Apparently you enjoyed and thought kindly of me when I noted I was being victimized or at a minimum was troubled. However when I noted this wasn't the fact and in fact said men should not allow themselves to be victimized, well this you get pissed off about.

BULLSHIT NICK

Stop the insanity. Stop twisting what Hassan and myself and others have told you FLATLY. This is not about Hassan wanting you to be in troubled times or hurt or "victimized" as you put it and now that you say it was a lie he is pissed because are you trying to suggest he is pissed you are not in a heap of issues???? If you think that is the case Nick you need to check in to see a doctor right away. Hassan does not wish for you to be in hurt or any such thing. SO don't twist the facts as you are so damn good at lately and claim that is what he wants.

STOP TWISTING THE FACTS NICK

PLEASE for God's SAKE

STOP telling lies to us

Stop fooling yourself.

If you can't for some reason you need to get yourself to a doctor.



Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #46 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

For crying out loud! When you lie to people's face in a deliberate attempt to manipulate them, and get people to tell you their own personal (real, not fake) stories,people get pissed! There's nothing more complicated than that going on here.

In a large sense this is why the world hates the US under this Bush / war for oil admin.

Lies (too many to count) and insults (freedom fries) don't go over well with anybody. Anybody.

This thread too was created out of deception, lies, and bad bad judgement with wreckless abandon for the fallout it causes others.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #47 of 122
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

For crying out loud! When you lie to people's face in a deliberate attempt to manipulate them, and get people to tell you their own personal (real, not fake) stories,people get pissed! There's nothing more complicated than that going on here.

Once again......
People get pissed off by bald-faced lies. It's as simple as that. No one gives a rat's ass pro or con about your gender theories in this situation. They care about being lied to. Hopefully I've repeated that enough that it actually sinks in.

You're just talking past everyone and trying to engage them in a conversation that no one cares about, because no one is going to get past your big pack-full of lies.

You are claiming that there are no studies where the participants in it are mislead about what data is being collected about? No one is ever given placebos?

Since we both know that isn't true, you should just fess up to being ticked off at what you saw in the mirror. You are like the kid who is ticked off that they group made him raise his hand on the wrong letter when asked which line is the longest.

If no one cases about the conversation then let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Directed to Hassan:



BULLSHIT NICK

Stop the insanity. Stop twisting what Hassan and myself and others have told you FLATLY. This is not about Hassan wanting you to be in troubled times or hurt or "victimized" as you put it and now that you say it was a lie he is pissed because are you trying to suggest he is pissed you are not in a heap of issues???? If you think that is the case Nick you need to check in to see a doctor right away. Hassan does not wish for you to be in hurt or any such thing. SO don't twist the facts as you are so damn good at lately and claim that is what he wants.

STOP TWISTING THE FACTS NICK

PLEASE for God's SAKE

STOP telling lies to us

Stop fooling yourself.

If you can't for some reason you need to get yourself to a doctor.

Fellows

I don't twist the facts. I see them for what they are and treat them accordingly. People are mostly pissed because they know that no one would ever coddle them the way they suggested I coddle my wife. They would never want to be lied to, given false praise, or any of the other stuff that was suggested.

I would love to here Shawn declare that every woman who pulls off a work and home shift and complains that the man in her life cannot is actually an oppressor as he did here with the reverse.

I am the one calling bullshit. I did it with a mirror. Sorry if some people don't like what they see but those are the facts.

Let me call some bullshit on you as well. What "fallout" is there related to this? Someone believed I was troubled for two days on the internet. Did they jump into their car and come help? Did they send me some money? Aside from my mirror which some don't like, what is the fall out?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #48 of 122
I knew this was a joke when he claimed he was married. I can't imagine a woman who would put up with him...
post #49 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

what is the fall out?

Your credibility.

I have no more time for this lab rat trick of yours. Cheers

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #50 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You are claiming that there are no studies where the participants in it are mislead about what data is being collected about? No one is ever given placebos?

Since we both know that isn't true, you should just fess up to being ticked off at what you saw in the mirror. You are like the kid who is ticked off that they group made him raise his hand on the wrong letter when asked which line is the longest.

If no one cases about the conversation then let it go.

As much as you want to make this about whatever theories you have, it is still about you being a big fat liar.

I saw nothing in the mirror because when I skimmed your first post I thought "kinda sounds like a couple of losers" and left it at that.

Then when I skimmed your 'gotcha' post I thought 'what a duplicitous asshole who doesn't have the slightest clue how to go about doing what he's claiming to try and do."

It would take pages to describe all ways in which your "study" does not comport with current standards of ethics and scientific rigor.

If you think what you've done sheds any legitimate light on whatever the hell it is you think you're investigating, you're delusional, pure and simple.

You do realize that people who get placebos realize that this is a possibility when they enroll in the study, don't you? Any study that didn't would never get past IRB, and if it happened anyways, all federally funded research at that institution would likely get shut down for a period of time.

In fact, in many cases when, for example, a new cholesterol drug is being tested, the control group is given a different cholesterol drug instead of a placebo.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #51 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You are absolutely right I never said I what I did was an error in judgement. I don't consider it to be such and wouldn't change what I did.

Really... are we surprised?

He's already shown where his ethics lay.
post #52 of 122
Edit: Cheap shot removed.
post #53 of 122
Wow. I didn't realize there were that many people on here that assumed everything they read on the Internet is true.
Knowing the origional post was made-up doesn't change my opinion/response to it (as if it had been true.) So in that case his amateur research is valid enough. I'm not left with the impression that this was intended to be "professional" research.

Did you people get this upset the first time you saw a "tranquil" or "innocent" Internet page interupted by a screaming monster? It's all part of this annonymous interaction that is the Internet.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #54 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Did you people get this upset the first time you saw a "tranquil" or "innocent" Internet page interupted by a screaming monster?

Good analogy.

post #55 of 122
So yeah as Shawn said, he's getting roasted at AN too. Apparently the significance of this happening at both sites escapes Nick.

He's been banned at AN and sent off for (temporary) motivation (hint, hint). Might I suggest that at the very least, a mod put a warning at the start of the thread so the unwary who haven't already read it don't get put through the BS that everybody else has had to cop.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #56 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

... Might I suggest that at the very least, a mod put a warning at the start of the thread so the unwary who haven't already read it don't get put through the BS that everybody else has had to cop.

If someone wants to post to a thread without actually reading it first, then they deserve whatever they "get".
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #57 of 122
I think she means just reading the whole BS in general...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
post #58 of 122
Yes that's what I meant. The name of the thread has been changed to "Hoax of Hoaxes" at AN so everybody knows what they're getting into and don't waste time feeling sorry for him.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #59 of 122
After reflecting on my rather harsh replies after the hoax was revealed I am at a point of saying whatever it is Trumt is going through how about we just drop this whole thing and let Nick be.

I like Nick and I am personally sorry to him for my harsh replies.

Again whatever it is going on with Nick and this thread I think it would be a good thing to let this be behind us and move forward.

Peace,

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #60 of 122
cmon guys, lets not take this too seriously, we all know Nicks wife is SDW anyway
post #61 of 122
That is mighty nice of you Fellowship. If I spent the time in helping out someone and it turned out it was all some big farce, i wouldn't be so quick to forget.
post #62 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

That is mighty nice of you Fellowship. If I spent the time in helping out someone and it turned out it was all some big farce, i wouldn't be so quick to forget.

It is not a big deal..

Peace be with you all.
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #63 of 122
Wow. You guys got so intense over this, that I will say. I expected much more outrage than this regarding my incident re: "death/suicide pictures".

That said, I think the advice I shared with Trumpt is useful, the fact that he *is* married (as far as we can tell and according to him), this was quite nice banter. I don't really feel cheated, because my advice was offered to him and whoever was reading in general.

For me, if I had lost a lot of sleep, was a good friend, had sessions with him at several bars for several nights trying to work this out, gave him some money, then yes, I would be pissed as hell. At worst I wasted like 30 minutes on a forum I don't have much faith in anyways.
post #64 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I am pretty sure the Garden of Eden did not contain GMO's

Well, according to www.rael.org ...

Just joshing with you Fellowship, you take care, ya?
post #65 of 122
Control freak all the way lads
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
post #66 of 122
Wow!

It's bumpable!
post #67 of 122
In response on credibility etc. brought up in another thread where it was asked for proof and post it in the thread that caused this lack of same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman

I also have something to confess and I feel very terrible about this given how much work some of you put into your replies. I feel truly horrible and terrible. I lied.

Feels terrible but then goes on to say,
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman

You are absolutely right I never said I what I did was an error in judgement. I don't consider it to be such and wouldn't change what I did.

You two as far as I can see have shared nothing and harbor an awful lot of anger. So clearly this made you discover something about yourself and you don't like what you see. I'm not going to apologize for that or take it back. You can live with it.

Let me call some bullshit on you as well. What "fallout" is there related to this? Someone believed I was troubled for two days on the internet. Did they jump into their car and come help? Did they send me some money? Aside from my mirror which some don't like, what is the fall out?

And maybe do it again.

He did you a favor.

What's the problem? What's the fallout?

From one of the better people on this forum,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship

Your credibility.

I have no more time for this lab rat trick of yours. Cheers

Fellows

If Fellowship can't call it for what it is, who can?
post #68 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I was irritated with this game as well. Why? First of all my sister is having problems in her marriage and I have been there for her and it takes a toll on me as well being family and all. Some of my neighbors are having money issues and I have tried to encourage them during their hard times (their money problems are due to medical costs). Then to see Nick having "stuff" going on I wanted to extend to him my friendship in time of need also.

For the rug to be jerked out and Nick saying.... I lied to you all

It pissed me off. Being a Christian I forgive Nick right away but my goodness I hope Nick does not do this kind of stuff in the future. It is not cool to jerk around people in some kind of trick.

And Nick don't get on Shawn or any other posters here as if this is about some kind of fault on their behalf. This entire thread is your doing Nick. OWN that and move on.

Fellows

Why you continue to engage him in any sort of conversation is your burden. Ignore him and he'll eventually simply die from the lack of attention.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #69 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Why you continue to engage him in any sort of conversation is your burden. Ignore him and he'll eventually simply die from the lack of attention.

Well, SOMEBODY wanted to talk about this some more, hence the bump.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #70 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Well, SOMEBODY wanted to talk about this some more, hence the bump.

I'm thinking someone wanted to continue the annoying tendency of attacking the person instead of the position, so they dredged up some old shit to throw back in his face.

I guess if that's all you got and you're not honest enough to admit it, attacking the poster instead of the post looks attractive.
post #71 of 122
I agree, Taskiss.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #72 of 122
There was a question of credibility raised and I was invited to respond in the appropriate thread that was referred to in regard to said question and would be dealt with by the poster who's credibility was in question.

How do you gage the credibility of someone?
By looking at past actions is a good place to start, especially in an anonymous internet forum.

If you don't agree or care, that's fine, but there are others that don't like being caught up in a hoax that brought out sincere emotional responses and then being chastised for letting their emotions rule when showing their disgust.
post #73 of 122
Totally understandable, screener.

I don't think it's a valid excuse not to address specific positions you don't agree with, though.

Throwing around the word "credibility" doesn't mean a whole lot in a setting such as this, as none of us can truly establish our own credibility without coming out from under our comfortable (and protective) cloaks of anonymity.

I try not to take things too personally on the interwebz and address the issues rather than the people raising them. I will admit I sometimes fail at this, myself.

But good grief. It's the interwebz.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #74 of 122
Appreciate it.

Oh but I do, indirectly when possible.

I only heard about this thread a couple of months ago when a now banned member brought it up.
I thought the premise was bad, but the defense of it was telling.
You can ruin your credibility.
As for coming out of a cloak of anonymity, fine if you do it yourself, but that's another story.

Some do to a greater extant than most and won't look in the mirror and try to understand why it ends up being about them.
post #75 of 122
Thread Starter 
I agree. I think we should speak about credibility because it has absolutely nothing to do with factual reality.

In reality, something is ether true or it isnt true. The person presenting the information is really nothing more than a vessel for that information. If the vessel is bad, the information is not bad and likewise is the vessel is awesome and great, the information does not become awesome and great.

Believing credibility alters information is a logical fallacy.


However in speaking to credibilitity perhaps we should look at this...

Flounder ; screener ; tonton ; giant ; @_@ Artman ; Outsider ; FormerLurker ; hardeeharhar ; groverat ; Northgate ; addabox ; midwinter; BRussell ; franksargent ; Hassan i Sabbah ; MarcUK ;


This was the list of people who engaged in a PM discussion to manipulate the board. I think I see the name of a certain person bumping this thread and several more who have been banned.

Let's take one of the names on that list, a moderator at the time and see how he responded to an legitimate claim of harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat

I don't give a shit. I quit being a moderator about two months ago.

I don't fucking care. Shove it up your ass and die of cancer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman

Respect the privacy of fellow forum members. Hopefully this will not be an issue, but do not post personal information or pictures of a member without that member's approval. Disputed information will be deleted.

I don't want to be a "drama queen" but giant is posting my personal information in this post. It contains one of my street addresses.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...45&postcount=9

I would appreciate you deleting it and I personally feel he is attempting to harass and intimidate with it. I can't think of a legitimate reason for him to even accidentally post an address associated with me except to try to show he is acting in a manner comparable to a stalker.

Hmmmmm.... I'm not feeling the love there are you?

How about this guy we call franksargent, let's see what he has to say about how to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent
Personally, I'm not one for using ignore lists.

In the case of trumptman, it's the silly season, meaning an election cycle, everything he's posted lately has been Obama related and always with a severe negative slant.

If there is something factually incorrect, meaning that there is objective information that refutes his nonsense, it seems to me that this should be used to counter that specific point and deserves to be posted.

I thing the most effective response to our one man Obama wrecking machine is to flood those threads with totally unrelated replies, keep them short, totally irrelevant to the subject de jour, posts totally random images, etceteras.

Trumptman almost always posts op-ed sourced hit pieces, this lends itself to purely subjective POV's, and these types of threads can go on for several pages as everyone bickers back and forth aimlessly.

I'd also suggest that you conduct an experiment on the next (or one of) trumptman thread started. How would this work? First exercise restraint, a thought blockade if you will. The intent here is to create an echo chamber where only those on the right respond creating a wingnut circkejerk.

Also, you have a good core group of PO posters, add to this list if possible, ask the others on your list for additional "trusted" posters, MarkUK and Hassan, come to mind for me, I'm sure there are many more who are also fed up with thumptman's silly season tactics.

We are looking for a coordinated defense that will have some sort of lasting efficacy. Silence is golden. But if this method doesn't appear to be successful, than go totally irrelevant, flood the thread with useless off topic information, very short replies (just a single word will suffice per the AO forums minimum 5 character posting requirement), or totally irrelevant images coordinated on a particulate theme de jour.

The other tactic that seems to have gained traction as of late, parrot trumptman thread topics via starting new threads using his MO. Flood PO with "thought provoking" left leaning op-ed hit pieces. But each of these has to be totally of-the-wall irreverent in content (other than the requisite op-ed link) and end with "Your thoughts?"

Heck, if you were to remove the threads started by trumptman and SDW, PO would be relatively silent. There are many more of us than there are of them. Working as a benign but coordinated defensive group will produce the desired net effects IMHO.

Please feel free to share this amongst the group. Likewise, share whatever useful input you receive from others in The Group, Inc.™

Boil all these thoughts down to the essence of the primary defensive and offensive tactics we will use going forward.

Thanks for including me within the PO cabal.

Or how about this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent

Oh, I just had another great idea, called the "flood and bump" strategy. Start 25 threads with real newsworthy thread topics, provide a link in each to the thread topic title, add in a requisite sentence or three, get all the others to bump these 25 thought provoking thread topics with as brief as possible minimum required content possible to "pass" the AO basic posting guidelines.

That way trumptman's posts all get bumped down to page two, where it is much less likely to be read and posted to.

Or do just the opposite, like I did in a similar situation in the 2006 election cycle, bump any and all trumptman started threads to the top such that all threads on page one have trumptman as the thread strter and/or SDW as the thread starter, and/or dmz as the thread starter. The purpose here is to get the first PO forum page flooded with right leaning thread startters.

Or, just have everyone agree with trumptman's in the same malevolent rhetorical posturing he uses in whatever thread de jour is at the top of the PO topic page at any given time. He'll essentially be forced to talk with himself, since no one will disagree with his pompous propositions.

Grass roots efforts, man what a concept, let's make it work here in PO.

So once again, we see the paradox of paradoxes. Those doing the complaining are those who are engaged in the conspiracy. They manipulate the content (or lack of it in posts) and even manipulate which posts are bumped and then COMPLAIN about it. In other words they hang nooses on their own office doors and scream victimization.

They start a cabal and complain that the group attacking the person won't admit paranoia when their little group goes around engaging in all their bullying tactics. They bump the posts of a poster then complain the poster is FLOODING the forum with posts.

But most amazing of all, they try to have a discussion on credibility when the pm's show that everything they do is a blatant dishonesty, a manipulation, a sham and a lie.

How about this for credibility...

Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

There was a question of credibility raised and I was invited to respond in the appropriate thread that was referred to in regard to said question and would be dealt with by the poster who's credibility was in question.

Notice how the claim just floats out of the either. It wasn't that this POSTER brought up the credibility question, it was just that a question that wandered in out of the rain.

That lacks some credibility right there.

Why does he bring it up? It is just another ruse and more of the same. Part of flooding the forums with irrelevant responses from him includes flooding it with links to this thread. The spamming was stopped and now with hand in cookie jar, the spamming needs a justification.

It has none. The pm names and shows the tactics for what they are admitted to by the sources. The sources engage in the manipulation and then complain about the manipulation which is itself a manipulation.

Quite the paradox...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #76 of 122
You made this thread about you and tried to turn it back on those that expressed their displeasure
when you admitted to making it up.

Obtaining sympathy, opinions using a false pretense and not understanding the backlash shows the kind of arrogance that blames others instead of taking responsibility and admitting a mistake.

Credibility then comes into question on,
any future thoughts, opinions, (does he really believe that or is he just trying to get a rise out of me again?)

Personal anecdotes, credible?
Why would I believe anything when past actions show they could be made up.

Logical fallacy plays no part in those although the question remains, whether or not it's relevant to the facts.

How would you get a list of names and posts sent out via PM.
Is there a traitor in the "conspiracy"?
Interesting that you left out the author of the PM.
Could it be that something similar happened to him that your complaint to groverat was?

Could it be the "conspiracy" came to be because of your actions, no, it's their fault for not understanding you.

Your post shows your propensity to blame others in their response to your actions.
Quote:
You are absolutely right I never said I what I did was an error in judgement. I don't consider it to be such and wouldn't change what I did.

And still hasn't.
post #77 of 122
Can't this thread, a monument to colossal stupidity, just get locked and die? It lives to only serve a single ego and comes back to life at odd intervals when it seems someone needs a stroke.

It came into the internet under false pretenses and deserves to be cast into the void by never being necroed again.
.
Reply
.
Reply
post #78 of 122
Thread Starter 
No problem Hassan or whatever your name is this week. I always feel that people who have been banned but keep reopening accounts to circumvent the board moderation have the high ground. Especially when they claim it is to PM but all their posts consists of spamming a sub-forum.

Perhaps you should look at the 72 hours before that 72 hours and note the reaction instead of the action. Perhaps the PM's I posted that include your name have dates prior to those threads and you'll note the reaction to that action.

That won't happen though. I mean really, I'm debating with a guy who has had his account banned because of his refusal to get it and the problem of course is still everyone else.

I'm sure someone somewhere gives a darn about the little crusade you and screener are on. I'm the guy laughing as you both attack windmills.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #79 of 122
I just want Mr Oops back on the board where he belongs. Is your ban permanent Hassan? I hate seeing that word in red next to some peoples' names. Some aren't missed.

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

Reply

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

Reply
post #80 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Let's take one of the names on that list, a moderator at the time and see how he responded to an legitimate claim of harassment.

Factually incorrect.

Funny that?

Per the actual post your statement should have said something to the effect;

"Let's take one of the names on that list, who was not a moderator at the time and see how he responded to an legitimate claim of harassment."

Funny that?

Charactures. Cartoons. SNL, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report. Boss Dimbulb is "just a entertainer". Cherry picking. A constant barrage of bias with intent editorial hit pieces from the likes of Breitbart, the WSJ, the WT, ad infinitium, ad nauseam.

After all the hand waving is done it all sounds distinctly like those you don't claim to watch, you know like Sean, Bill, Rush, Michelle, Ann, Laura, Glenn, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

Funny that?

Objectivity?

Facts? I guess presentation of just half (or less than half of) the relevant information passes for some people as the entire factual record.

Funny that?

Yes, very funny indeed. \
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Paradox of paradoxes