or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple release software updates for iWork '08

Apple release software updates for iWork '08 - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Its something that you start right in Excel. I will do a copy all from the reporting page on our site and its basically a bunch of text with each row containing various different pieces of information. To put that into a graph or spreadsheet I just open excel and paste the entire block of text, however being that it is just a block of text it puts it all in column A of the spreadsheet.

You then hit DATA > Text to Columns and follow the pop up dialogs asking you about delimiters like : ; , SPACE etc and you can even have it so that it combines successive delimiters into one column so you dont have a ton of empty columns.

Once you are done and hit finish it will separate each piece of info between each delimiter into its own column for the entire spread sheet.

i.e. if you have a list like this it will make it look like I show below.
Column A
first name, last name, date, time

output will be...

Column A | Column B | Column C | Column D
first name | last name | date | time
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

Its something that you start right in Excel.

OK, thanks for the details. I guess what you really meant was that you are looking for that funtion to show up in iWork, specifically Numbers, rather than in Excel.

That would be a great addition. I will let you know if I see it pop up in a future update, until then, it gives me another reason to fire up excel every once in a while.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple release software updates for iWork '08