Originally Posted by lenoleno
Yahoo is a has been trash. A company like Apple could home grow a .mac into an empire easily. Make .mac free, and there you go. It would cost Apple less than $ 100 million to get 10 times the yahoo users.
Ten times the yahoo users?.. wow, that would mean that apple would have over 50% of the computer market share (since .mac is basically for macs.. i'm pretty sure a windows user would never get .mac, even if apple was giving it away for free with some cash). So, the only thing holding apple from achieving a fantastic market share in computers is a free .mac right?.
Now i'm gonna make a comment
1. If you are a high school student, you are forgiven, while you may be smart, we don't expect you to really think quickly on your feet.
2. If you are a college student, i hope you are not just about to graduate.. if you are, please stay in school for 4 more years.
3. Do you have any ideas how many millions of users yahoo has?.. don't be confused by google search numbers.. google has search, yahoo actually has members. (you do realize that they are different type of companies right?). Even google, the wildly successfull search engine does not have 10 times more customers than yahoo and google could buy apple.
4. If you are not a college student but actually working, i hope it's not a job that demands critical thinking (like airplane manufacturing, or a similar job impacting the public). I'd hate to have to depend on anything you made or are involved in.
5. If .mac was that great, all mac users would have it. I'm a mac user and i don't have it. Making it free would not cause me to choose it over yahoo (i would definitely try it out though). Yahoo has paid services.. people actually pay to use yahoo services when they could have paid to use .mac. Obviously, .mac is not the greatest thing since sliced bread else people would pay for it rather than use yahoo paid services.
Really, is it too much to ask people to think before they type?