or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › What OS X Version Does The MacBook Air Ship With?

What OS X Version Does The MacBook Air Ship With?

post #1 of 9
Folks,

Title says it all - anyone know? 10.5.1 or 10.5.2? I'm just wondering where the promised 10.5.2 is. I have a client that's so frustrated with Leopard that he's ready to step back to Tiger and I've been trying to hold him off since before MacWorld. I'm running out of excuses for Apple.

Joe
post #2 of 9
10.5.2 isn't out yet. I'm sure it's shipping with 10.5.1.
post #3 of 9
Therein lies the root of my question: If what you say is true (MBA ships with 10.5.1 installed) then some of the MacBook Air's software tweaks are installed on top of existing Leopard as applications and/or utilities, such as Remote Disc. Screenshots I saw looked like this was built into the Sharing feature in System Preferences, which smells like it's part of the general OS.

If anyone reading this actually has access to an MBA can you do a quick "About This Mac" and let us know what the output is in the Version field?

Thanks Kindly,

Joe
post #4 of 9
i need to go to the apple store tomorrow. I can take a look.
Procrastinators: Leaders of tomorrow]
post #5 of 9
i went to the apple store today. They had a few mba.
They had 10.5.1 installed
post #6 of 9
Thanks for the info!

That's interesting - so then Remote Disc must be an application, or some sort of patch to 10.5.1. Fascinating.

Joe
post #7 of 9
Could it be a different build? Or maybe Apple just considers it an installed app?
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powelligator View Post

Folks,

Title says it all - anyone know? 10.5.1 or 10.5.2? I'm just wondering where the promised 10.5.2 is. I have a client that's so frustrated with Leopard that he's ready to step back to Tiger and I've been trying to hold him off since before MacWorld. I'm running out of excuses for Apple.

Joe

Mac OS 9.2... its either that, or Copland.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powelligator View Post

Folks,

Joe

Frustrated with Leopard, Why?

Being a Macintosh forum it would be advantageous to all if you stated his issues.
That way either we could help you solve them or others could know what problems to look out for.

Unless of course his name Steve Ballmer.
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › What OS X Version Does The MacBook Air Ship With?