Originally Posted by ros3ntan
maybe in a couple of weeks.. They are lowering their macbook orders.. maybe thats the sign where are waiting for. Like what they did couple of times with macbook pro, mac pro, and iMac..
I am almost to the point of being REALLY
pissed off. First I was told by all of my Mac Faithful friends to wait until after MWSF, just in case they did a speed bump or something of the sort. So I waited. Nothing. Then I was told by multiple people, both in person and in these forums, to wait because Apple was going to update the Macbook Pro at the beginning to middle of February. I was told by one person who claimed to be very much in the know that they would begin shipping units at the beginning of February. I sit writing this at 10:30PM EST on the 6th, and still nothing.
My outdated iBook G4 is getting sluggish during simple tasks like word processing, and I am a full time student and cannot afford to not have a solid machine, but I cannot bear the idea of purchasing a new Macbook Pro only to see a refresh happen a month later and have MAJOR upgrades (new case, new keyboard, new track pad, magnetic latch).
I finally have the money to buy the Mac of my Dreams, but cannot bring myself to do it...
Apple needs to hurry up and get these things out. Even if they forgo the case redesign and just update in internals with the 45nm Penryn and upgrade the graphics card. That would be fine with me. At least then I wouldn't feel like my machine is halfway outdated before I ever take it out of the box...