or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › I'm having issues with OnyX...

I'm having issues with OnyX...

post #1 of 4
So I installed OnyX yesterday. I open the program, and it asks to verify the volume and enter my administrator username and password. It successfully verifies the volume and then says, "OnyX requires that you type your password." I enter the password associated with my administrator and get the following message: "Sorry, you entered an invalid password. Please try again. If the problem persists, quit Onyx, repair the permissions with Disk Utility then relaunch OnyX."

Am I missing something?? I'm not understanding why it's not accepting my password. Any help would be great!
I want to put a ding in the universe.
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple4life07 View Post

So I installed OnyX yesterday. I open the program, and it asks to verify the volume and enter my administrator username and password. It successfully verifies the volume and then says, "OnyX requires that you type your password." I enter the password associated with my administrator and get the following message: "Sorry, you entered an invalid password. Please try again. If the problem persists, quit Onyx, repair the permissions with Disk Utility then relaunch OnyX."

Am I missing something?? I'm not understanding why it's not accepting my password. Any help would be great!

Are u the admin? Its the only thing I can think of. Otherwise...maybe try a re-install?
post #3 of 4
I have the root as the admin...stupid Linux habit I guess. Anyways, I just had to log out of my account and log into the root account. All fixed. Thanks for pointing out my stupid mistake .
post #4 of 4
It seems to me that just entering the root password, or an admin password should suffice.
That's how most apps work.
"Sorry, you entered an invalid password." is false.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › I'm having issues with OnyX...