or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › returning a refurb MBP

returning a refurb MBP

post #1 of 2
I apologise if I am in the wrong forum area but I am new to Macs and perhaps one of you experts can answer my qustion:-
I purchased a refurbished 15 inch Mac Book Pro less than a week ago. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what my options are, IF the rumored Mac Book Pro refresh occurs and IF the changes are significant enough would I be able to return my refurbished MBP and order the new model (obviously not refurbished) ??
BTW the lid on my MBP does not close 'flush' together it has a slight 1/4 inch gap on one side as if the lid is slightly off. is that reason enough to return the MBP?

Your thoughts would be most welcome
post #2 of 2
Call the 800 # or take it to the local authorized repair center.

For returns, I think it's within 14 days and a fee: 10% of purchase..

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im....html#topic-20

Read the DOA clause. I don't think they call that "dead" but see what they say.

Good luck!
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › returning a refurb MBP