Originally Posted by lundy
These threads are always hilarious.
- For those lamenting "no case redesign", specifically what redesign do you want (except the magnetic latch)?
You do realize that this thread would have been four times as long already if there HAD been a case redesign - people would all be arguing about the things that were redesigned....
- The combo drive is for schools, and a normal marketing device to get you to buy the next most expensive model.
- No, extra money for 100 mHz is not worth it. Apple always does this to allow those who want "Top Of The Line" to have something to buy. Just realize what the reason is and forget about it.
- Why do you care what the RAM upgrade prices are? Again, this is for people who want a "fully loaded" model and can afford not to worry about the price.
And finally, those claiming that there are "PCs" that have more features and cost less, step forward and show them.
- The case could use a redesign: the hard drive should be replaceable without voiding your warranty, the keyboard is much better on the MacBook (I've owned both), it could use an aesthetic refresh, it heats up way too much, it's too big, heavy, clunky, and fragile (it's better than most competitors, but it could be considerably trimmed and that would be very valuable)
- That's absolutely right about the Combo drive
- The $2,499 one could be worth it to intensive graphics users (twice the video memory, twice the cache, slightly larger and faster hard drive), and, as you say, is to get more money out of price-insensitive customers
- You're right about the memory upgrades
- That's right about the better value PC wailers--show the money