or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Difference between Obama and McCain

Difference between Obama and McCain - Page 2

post #41 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo2 View Post

Calm down. Anything slightly offensive to the Magic Negro is now considered an "obamination."

You guys are in a religious frenzy over this guy.

Speak in tongues for us, won't you?

Well, the term "Magic Negro" seems pretty offensive, anyway.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #42 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

just one bad hair day, and bad lighting.

I guess you might find her acceptable if you like underbites.
post #43 of 162
Quote:

It's a legendary mythical figure known by blacks and many whites. The magic benign negro will come along and save the day.

Not offensive at all except for the fact that so many whites buy into it so deeply.

Quote:
Writing about Barack Obama on March 19, 2007, Los Angeles Times columnist David Ehrenstein wrote:

"But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination—the 'Magic Negro.' ... The senator's famously stem-winding stump speeches have been drawing huge crowds to hear him talk of uniting rather than dividing. A praiseworthy goal. Consequently, even the mild criticisms thrown his way have been waved away, "magically." He used to smoke, but now he doesn't; he racked up a bunch of delinquent parking tickets, but he paid them all back with an apology. And hey, is looking good in a bathing suit a bad thing? ... Like a comic-book superhero, Obama is there to help, out of the sheer goodness of a heart we need not know or understand. For as with all Magic Negroes, the less real he seems, the more desirable he becomes. If he were real, white America couldn't project all its fantasies of curative black benevolence on him."[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro
post #44 of 162
[CENTER] ... the ...
Crazed Cracker[/CENTER]

[CENTER]

I'm Finished.[/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #45 of 162
Quote:

I guess you might find her acceptable if you like underbites.

I think that is the only thing that keeps her from being a 10, but 8/10 is still hot.

You can do the good pic/bad pic thing with anyone:

Cindy McCain on a bad day:

and on a good day

45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #46 of 162

Yeah, hm.

Sister, maybe?
post #47 of 162
Quote:

I think that is the only thing that keeps her from being a 10, but 8/10 is still hot.

You can do the good pic/bad pic thing with anyone:

Cindy McCain on a bad day:

and on a good day

Some women's looks just don't appeal to me. There are some attractive TV & film celebs who I find unattractive.

Julia Roberts comes to mind.

Rachel Ray.

Paris Hilton.
post #48 of 162
Say what you will about the others, but you leave my Rachel Ray out of this
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
post #49 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

She has her fans. I don't begrudge her or them. I just pay her no mind. \

Glad you like her, though.
post #50 of 162
Quote:

Some women's looks just don't appeal to me. There are some attractive TV & film celebs who I find unattractive.

Julia Roberts comes to mind.

Rachel Ray.

Paris Hilton.

Those three I agree with you about, they don't do anything for me either.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #51 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

I'm a big Giada fan.

Say what you want about her: (Her head is too big, smile is disturbingly large, she looks like a bird in flight, etc.) I like her.
post #52 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I'm a big Giada fan.

Say what you want about her: (Her head is too big, smile is disturbingly large, she looks like a bird in flight, etc.) I like her.

Yeah, Giada's cool. She and Rachel are my honeys.
post #53 of 162
Quote:

If it is, it's only because of how he (and others like Rush Limbaugh) are applying it.

"Magic Negro" is actually a legitimate concept used to criticize the depiction of black people in entertainment. The way Limbaugh uses it is pretty disgusting in fact.
post #54 of 162
Quote:

The way Limbaugh uses it is pretty disgusting in fact.

Limbaugh is no role model. For sure..

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #55 of 162
Quote:

Calm down. Anything slightly offensive to the Magic Negro is now considered an "obamination."

You guys are in a religious frenzy over this guy.

Speak in tongues for us, won't you?

See also my post in another thread about the scary Obama cult meme. Mojo isn't coming up with this stuff by himself.

You can always tell what's going down on the right blog-o-sphere, because certain ideas seem to occur to all of our conservative posters at once.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #56 of 162
On the Obama Muslim photo smear:

"If there's one thing we learned from the Clinton campaign it's that he is both a terrorist and he lacks experience to fight terrorists."

Colbert.

post #57 of 162
Quote:

Those three I agree with you about, they don't do anything for me either.

You are a man of great discernment!
post #58 of 162
Quote:

I'm a big Giada fan.

Off topic. But yeah, she's a cutie.
post #59 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Limbaugh is no role model. For sure..

Fellows

Rush and Ann Coulter and Krauthammer and a few others are the ones who hold up the Conservative torch so that it doesn't get obscured by the overwhelmingly liberal media and culture.
post #60 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

See also my post in another thread about the scary Obama cult meme. Mojo isn't coming up with this stuff by himself.

You can always tell what's going down on the right blog-o-sphere, because certain ideas seem to occur to all of our conservative posters at once.

Sometimes I follow their example. Sometimes I create the campaign. Sometimes great minds think alike and we arrive at the same strategy or tactic independently.

Unfortunately for you originality isn't important in this regard.
post #61 of 162
There once was a man named McCain.
Who had the whole White House to gain.
But he was quite a hobbyist.
Of boning his lobbyist.
So much for his '08 campaign.
post #62 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

There once was a man named McCain.
Who had the whole White House to gain.
But he was quite a hobbyist.
Of boning his lobbyist.
So much for his '08 campaign.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=56626

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVeFVtcdSYY

SINCLAIR AFFADAVITS

post #63 of 162
What's great is that you have no credibility to lose, you know, just being the angelic, saintly, innocent messenger.

Or not.
post #64 of 162
Quote:

What's great is that you have no credibility to lose, you know, just being the angelic, saintly, innocent messenger.

Or not.

Just a reminder of what prompted the NYT to launch the hit piece on McCain.
post #65 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

McCain is able to debate, speak off the cuff and even hang riffing jokes with John Stewart in equally well.

Yeah, McCain has a great sense of humor! "Bomb Iran" by the Beach Boys... what a clever guy! He's a real card!!!

And he never ever misspeaks or says anything totally dumb like "The people in America oppose this war in Iraq". Everyone knows it takes real intelligence to say Americans shouldn't care if we stay in Iraq ten thousand years.

Clearly a better public speaker than the "hopemonger".
post #66 of 162
Quote:

It's a legendary mythical figure known by blacks and many whites. The magic benign negro will come along and save the day.

Not offensive at all except for the fact that so many whites buy into it so deeply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

No... this is the original Magical Negro:

post #67 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yeah, McCain has a great sense of humor! "Bomb Iran" by the Beach Boys... what a clever guy! He's a real card!!!

And he never ever misspeaks or says anything totally dumb like "The people in America oppose this war in Iraq". Everyone knows it takes real intelligence to say Americans shouldn't care if we stay in Iraq ten thousand years.

Clearly a better public speaker than the "hopemonger".

His point is that the American people's objection to our involvement in Iraq is most deeply felt because of American troop casualties.

If our troops are not being killed we don't generally protest their deployment overseas.

How many times have you heard of anyone protesting our troops in Bosnia or Korea or Okinawa or Panama?
post #68 of 162
Quote:

No... this is the original Magical Negro:

Hmmmm, ok. Michelle Obama looks better than her.
post #69 of 162
Quote:

McCain is a Crazed Cracker!

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
post #70 of 162
Quote:

Hmmmm, ok. Michelle Obama looks better than her.

Actually it's not a "her".
post #71 of 162
post #72 of 162
McCain: burdened by Bush
Clinton: burdened by Bill
Obama: free, free like a bird!
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #73 of 162
post #74 of 162
Quote:

Actually it's not a "her".

He's got an impressive looking boob there.
post #75 of 162
post #76 of 162
Quote:

I don't think they have that same 'black magic' that Obama has.

Ah sayz they do massah, ah says they do
post #77 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I don't care what number you put me down as as long as you put me down for Barack Obama.

I almost can't believe you just said that.

Quote:

I am a honored to have voted for Barack Obama in the Texas primary election. (early voting).

Wait..."honored?"

Quote:

I did it for my son Oliver. I will not vote for a man who likes the idea of endless wars.(McCain)

So McCain is a fan of "endless wars" because he supports this war? That's a bit extreme.
Quote:

I love my son and my country far too much to vote for such a mistake.

You know, once in a while, someone posts something here that actually makes me truly angry. This is one of those times. the clear implication of your statement is that anyone who loves is family and country will agree with you. How dare you, you sanctimonious hack.

Quote:

Sorry you don't see it the same way..

Fellows

Let me tell you what I see. I see that the alternative's lone claim to fame is that he "didn't vote for this war." Well that's great, Obama. Great. Except we're fucking there now. Doing a dance in the end zone about how you didn't vote for it, wouldn't have voted for it, no way, now how so help you GAWD may sound great, but it's meaningless crap.

The only question is what you want to do NOW. And here's what you want: What you want is to pull out of Iraq just as we have finally gotten the upper hand. You want to leave so AQI can reestablish itself, undoing everything we and the Iraqi people have sacrificed for over the past 5 years. You say the war was a mistake, based on lies by GEORGE BUSH and JOHN MCCAIN, there was no AQI before the war, etc. Fan-fucking-tastic, but even if so, it simply doesn't matter at this point. Perhaps you could apply some of your talk of the future to you Iraq position?

Of course, perhaps you have a magic time machine where we can make all the intelligence mistakes and management mistakes of the war disappear. In fact, yes that will come in handy when you need to go back and undo the mistake of sending troops back into Iraq to die after pulling them out prematurely.

That's what I see.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #78 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You know, once in a while, someone posts something here that actually makes me truly angry. This is one of those times. the clear implication of your statement is that anyone who loves is family and country will agree with you. How dare you, you sanctimonious hack.

Ohhh shut up and collect yourself. I only spoke on my behalf. Not that of any other person..

Quote:
Let me tell you what I see. I see that the alternative's lone claim to fame is that he "didn't vote for this war." Well that's great, Obama. Great. Except we're fucking there now. Doing a dance in the end zone about how you didn't vote for it, wouldn't have voted for it, no way, now how so help you GAWD may sound great, but it's meaningless crap.

It is well known the bus is in the ditch.... Now we all know "even the democrats" that it is time to get the bus out of the ditch.

Fellows

post #79 of 162
McCain: Post traumatic stress from 5 years smoking bad Vietnamese tobacco in the Hanoi Hilton and getting better healthcare there than many US citizen get in the US right now. Is unable to imagine a world without war. Comes from several generations of soldiers.
Obama: Smoked pot. Thinks peace is OK.
post #80 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Ah sayz they do massah, ah says they do

You are wrong.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Difference between Obama and McCain