or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Difference between Obama and McCain

Difference between Obama and McCain - Page 3

post #81 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo2 View Post

You are wrong.

post #82 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

McCain: Post traumatic stress from 5 years smoking bad Vietnamese tobacco in the Hanoi Hilton and getting better healthcare there than many US citizen get in the US right now. Is unable to imagine a world without war. Comes from several generations of soldiers.
Obama: Smoked pot. Thinks peace is OK.

Smoking as a POW in captivity?

Better healthcare than many US citizens here get?

Please substantiate those claims.

And as for war, the ones who most dread war are the soldiers.

But humankind is unable to live without war for any extended periods of time.

Which makes me wonder if you think that the proper role for the USA, the leader of the free world, is to do nothing and allow those who are committed to Islamist domination of the world to proceed unopposed?
post #83 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

What is racist?
post #84 of 162
McCain: "Yesterday Senator Obama said, 'Well we shouldn't have gone in in the first place. If we hadn't gone in the first place we wouldnt be facing this problem.' " McCain said at a town hall event in Houston, Texas. "Well that's history. That's the past. That's talking about what happened before. What we should be talking about is what we're going to do now."

I think that McCain is right, and talking like this is a serious mis-step for Obama. Obama is making the same mistake that a bunch of you all make - forgetting that the past is unchangable. When you make plans for the future, you have to weigh the pros and cons and pick the best course, not just un-do your predecessors actions without regard to cost.

Really, I think that Obama was speaking without thinking, and then made it worse by not admitting that he was wrong.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #85 of 162
Quote:

Smoking as a POW in captivity?

Better healthcare than many US citizens here get?

Please substantiate those claims.

And as for war, the ones who most dread war are the soldiers.

But humankind is unable to live without war for any extended periods of time.

Which makes me wonder if you think that the proper role for the USA, the leader of the free world, is to do nothing and allow those who are committed to Islamist domination of the world to proceed unopposed?

Current TV movie on TV about McCain's life. Look at your TV guide.

He had 1 arm and both legs broken multiple times from falling out of the sky. They put him in a full body cast. (Free of charge) He had one hand free for smoking while giving interviews and plenty of rest to heal. His meals were served to him and someone wiped his ass while in the cast. Bu ffing hu.

A citizen without insurance may loose everything over an accident like this.

The army is the safest place to be in any war you dufus. I was in it. 4000 dead soldiers 165,000 civilians can you get this into your brain???
A soldier is extremely valuably in a war. They are the most protected individuals. Please pull the lid over you hole in the ground.

Yes. The Islamists will go to Vegas and loose all their money. Western liberalism will overwhelm their senses and they will get into adjustable rate mortgages. Some of them may even become your friends and drive you around in their Hummer. They always have good opium.
post #86 of 162
post #87 of 162
Quote:

What is racist?

I don't know anymore, I'm through arguing with a delusional madman.
post #88 of 162
Quote:
Good afternoon. Let me begin by saying that although this has been billed as an anti-war rally, I stand before you as someone who is not opposed to war in all circumstances. The Civil War was one of the bloodiest in history, and yet it was only through the crucible of the sword, the sacrifice of multitudes, that we could begin to perfect this union, and drive the scourge of slavery from our soil. I dont oppose all wars.

My grandfather signed up for a war the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, fought in Pattons army. He saw the dead and dying across the fields of Europe; he heard the stories of fellow troops who first entered Auschwitz and Treblinka. He fought in the name of a larger freedom, part of that arsenal of democracy that triumphed over evil, and he did not fight in vain. I dont oppose all wars.

After September 11th, after witnessing the carnage and destruction, the dust and the tears, I supported this administrations pledge to hunt down and root out those who would slaughter innocents in the name of intolerance, and I would willingly take up arms myself to prevent such tragedy from happening again. I dont oppose all wars. And I know that in this crowd today, there is no shortage of patriots, or of patriotism.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income - to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. Thats what Im opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear - I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. Hes a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of Al Qaeda. I am not opposed to all wars. Im opposed to dumb wars.

So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the President today. You want a fight, President Bush? Lets finish the fight with Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings. You want a fight, President Bush?

Lets fight to make sure that the UN inspectors can do their work, and that we vigorously enforce a non-proliferation treaty, and that former enemies and current allies like Russia safeguard and ultimately eliminate their stores of nuclear material, and that nations like Pakistan and India never use the terrible weapons already in their possession, and that the arms merchants in our own country stop feeding the countless wars that rage across the globe. You want a fight, President Bush?

Lets fight to make sure our so-called allies in the Middle East, the Saudis and the Egyptians, stop oppressing their own people, and suppressing dissent, and tolerating corruption and inequality, and mismanaging their economies so that their youth grow up without education, without prospects, without hope, the ready recruits of terrorist cells. You want a fight, President Bush? Lets fight to wean ourselves off Middle East oil, through an energy policy that doesnt simply serve the interests of Exxon and Mobil. Those are the battles that we need to fight. Those are the battles that we willingly join. The battles against ignorance and intolerance. Corruption and greed. Poverty and despair.

The consequences of war are dire, the sacrifices immeasurable. We may have occasion in our lifetime to once again rise up in defense of our freedom, and pay the wages of war. But we ought not we will not travel down that hellish path blindly. Nor should we allow those who would march off and pay the ultimate sacrifice, who would prove the full measure of devotion with their blood, to make such an awful sacrifice in vain.

Get it? Got it? Good.
post #89 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Current TV movie on TV about McCain's life. Look at your TV guide.

He had 1 arm and both legs broken multiple times from falling out of the sky. They put him in a full body cast. (Free of charge) He had one hand free for smoking while giving interviews and plenty of rest to heal. His meals were served to him and someone wiped his ass while in the cast. Bu ffing hu.

A citizen without insurance may loose everything over an accident like this.

The army is the safest place to be in any war you dufus. I was in it. 4000 dead soldiers 165,000 civilians can you get this into your brain???
A soldier is extremely valuably in a war. They are the most protected individuals. Please pull the lid over you hole in the ground.

Yes. The Islamists will go to Vegas and loose all their money. Western liberalism will overwhelm their senses and they will get into adjustable rate mortgages. Some of them may even become your friends and drive you around in their Hummer. They always have good opium.

Thanks. I'll look for the TV movie. Although I already knew of his being injured after ejecting and landing in the lake in the center of Hanoi.

Boo ffing hoo, you mean?

No one is trying to milk any sympathy from his war experience, but they are acknowledging it. It IS something. It IS a significant experience.

You say that being in the army is the safest place to be in a war and that you were in it. I assume you mean you were in war, not that you were in the army. That is the context in which the statement makes most sense.

Of course death is bad. But if you are unable to see the more important elements, the more obscure elements behind this war then you have a serious intellectual disconnect between cause and effect. I would liken it to being unaware of the connection between cattle being slaughtered and your love of Big Macs.

The Iranians can not be allowed to expand their Islamist revolution.

Period.

Peace in the face of Ahmadinejad's and the Mullah's agenda of expansion means more cost, more death and more destruction later. We would be buying a greater war on the installment plan.
post #90 of 162
Quote:

Period.

My wife uses OB.
post #91 of 162
Quote:

Get it? Got it? Good.

The Senator was wrong in at least a couple of important points.

Quote:

He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He’s a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors,

He couldn't know there was no threat to his neighbors. If there was no perceived threat to his neighbors why didn't they, specifically Iraq's mortal enemy, Iran, attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Minutes

"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.

Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

"Absolutely," Piro says.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3749494.shtml

Quote:

After September 11th, after witnessing the carnage and destruction, the dust and the tears, I supported this administration’s pledge to hunt down and root out those who would slaughter innocents in the name of intolerance, and I would willingly take up arms myself to prevent such tragedy from happening again. I don’t oppose all wars. And I know that in this crowd today, there is no shortage of patriots, or of patriotism.

If he is unable to recognize the threat posed to global peace and freedom by Iran, the world's leader in exporting terrorism, then he is unqualified to be president or he is lying and pandering to you because he thinks you are stupid.

Are you going to prove he's right?
post #92 of 162
post #93 of 162
Quote:

He's got an impressive looking boob there.

It's not a "him".
post #94 of 162
Quote:

The Senator was wrong in at least a couple of important points.

Nobody's perfect. But wait...

Quote:
He couldn't know there was no threat to his neighbors. If there was no perceived threat to his neighbors why didn't they, specifically Iraq's mortal enemy, Iran, attack?

Iran hasn’t invaded anyone since the nineteenth century.

Quote:
If he is unable to recognize the threat posed to global peace and freedom by Iran, the world's leader in exporting terrorism, then he is unqualified to be president or he is lying and pandering to you because he thinks you are stupid. Are you going to prove he's right?

Well then. Yes, Iran likely does fund some “terrorist extremists,” so does Israel and the US and just about every other player in the region, this is news? Again, Israel and the west have done as much or more than Iran to undermine peace in Lebanon, in fact Iran’s influence in Lebanon is rather minor.

The whole "terrorist" thing is annoying anyhow. There's no such thing as a terrorist ideology, terrorism is the tactic of attacking civilians for political purposes. And as such, it is practiced far more by governments than anyone else. If babies die as a direct and foreseeable result of sanctions or bombing a nation’s civilian infrastructure, is that not terrorism?

Iran is a modest regional power with limited ability to project force outside of their borders. Again, Iran hasn’t invaded anyone since the nineteenth century, and is in no position to do so today. The only way Iran threatens world security is if the US and Iran go to war, and it’s the US that keeps threatening war, not Iran.

Yes, a big regional war would not be a good thing, it even could lead to a world war, but again, it’s the US that has been invading and attacking nations in the region, not Iran.
post #95 of 162
Quote:

Nobody's perfect. But wait...

Iran hasnt invaded anyone since the nineteenth century.

Well then. Yes, Iran likely does fund some terrorist extremists, so does Israel and the US and just about every other player in the region, this is news? Again, Israel and the west have done as much or more than Iran to undermine peace in Lebanon, in fact Irans influence in Lebanon is rather minor.

The whole "terrorist" thing is annoying anyhow. There's no such thing as a terrorist ideology, terrorism is the tactic of attacking civilians for political purposes. And as such, it is practiced far more by governments than anyone else. If babies die as a direct and foreseeable result of sanctions or bombing a nations civilian infrastructure, is that not terrorism?

Iran is a modest regional power with limited ability to project force outside of their borders. Again, Iran hasnt invaded anyone since the nineteenth century, and is in no position to do so today. The only way Iran threatens world security is if the US and Iran go to war, and its the US that keeps threatening war, not Iran.

Yes, a big regional war would not be a good thing, it even could lead to a world war, but again, its the US that has been invading and attacking nations in the region, not Iran.

Apparently your leader disagrees.

Quote:
Ahmadinejad Calls Iran World's 'Number One' Power, Attacks Domestic Critics

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The world's greatest superpower is not the United States ... or Russia ... or China, says Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It's Iran.

"Iran is the number one power in the world," Ahmadinejad said Thursday in a speech to the families of those killed in his country's war with Iraq more than 20 years ago.

"Today the name of Iran means a firm punch in the teeth of the powerful and it puts them in their place," the president said in an address broadcast live on state television, AFP reported.

He also launched a new assault on critics within his country who he says are siding with the enemy.

On Wednesday, Iran's top nuclear negotiator, Hassan Rowhani, attacked Ahmadinejad's foreign policy, accusing him of using "course slogans and grandstanding."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333532,00.html

Quote:
For the past three years, tens of thousands of students have demonstrated throughout Iran demanding "Democracy, Now!"

Last week Iran's newly elected President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gave his reply: Democracy? Never!

The answer is spelled out in a 7000-word document that Ahmadinejad presented as his government's "short- and long-term programs" to the Islamic Majlis (Parliament) on Tuesday.

In it he categorically states that Western "ideas and concepts of government" have no place in Islam. Without using the word democracy, the document states that the new administration "bravely rejects all alien political ideas" as incompatible with Islam.

http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/17909

Quote:
The Americans may "mock the divine system" in Iran. But Islamic Iran is the model for the future of mankind.

Ahmadinejad envisages a "multipolar" world in which the United States would have a place as long as its process of "fading away" is not completed. Other poles, according the documents, would include "sunrise" powers such as China and India, and "sunset" ones such as the European Union. But the most dynamic of the new poles would be the Islamic one with Iran as a "core power" around which all Muslim nations will coalesce.

The document flatly states: "Leadership is the indisputable right of the Iranian nation."

The creation of an "Islamic pole" is the key objective of what the document refers to as "the 20-year strategy" of the Islamic Republic. It is not clear who developed that strategy and whether or not Ahmadinejad, who is elected for a four-year term, hopes to remain in power for two decades.

The goal of the "Islamic pole" would be to unite the world under the banner of Islam, as the "final Divine message" and "the only True Faith." But it is not clear whether this is to be achieved during the 20-year period of the strategy or within a broader timeframe.

It is not only in foreign policy that Ahmadinejad opposes "American ideas".

His economic, social, and cultural programs, too, are designed in defiance of Western capitalist models.

He wants the state to play a central role in all aspects of a people's life and emphasizes the importance of central planning. The state would follow the citizens from birth to death, ensuring their health, education, well-being and leisure. It will guide them as to what to read and write and what "cultural products" to consume so as not to be contaminated by Western ideas. In fact, the Islamic Republic intends to compete with the US on the global stage as a producer of culture. Ahmadinejad promises to help Iranian music drive American music out of the world markets, starting with Muslim countries. In hyperbolic tones he claims that Persian music exports could earn Iran more than oil.

What kind of fools do you take us to be?
post #96 of 162
Quote:

Apparently your leader disagrees.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333532,00.html

Well, it's a long way till the elections in November. You can always root for Bush to pump a volley of nukes there to assuage your fears of a muslim world. He could turn all the sand into glass and then maybe nuke the glass into plasma.

To be honest I fear a christian world every bit as much but maybe that's just me.
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
post #97 of 162
Quote:

[CENTER]
Boo![/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #98 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Well, it's a long way till the elections in November. You can always root for Bush to pump a volley of nukes there to assuage your fears of a muslim world. He could turn all the sand into glass and then maybe nuke the glass into plasma.

To be honest I fear a christian world every bit as much but maybe that's just me.

Quote:
He wants the state to play a central role in all aspects of a people's life and emphasizes the importance of central planning. The state would follow the citizens from birth to death, ensuring their health, education, well-being and leisure. It will guide them as to what to read and write and what "cultural products" to consume so as not to be contaminated by Western ideas. In fact, the Islamic Republic intends to compete with the US on the global stage as a producer of culture. Ahmadinejad promises to help Iranian music drive American music out of the world markets, starting with Muslim countries. In hyperbolic tones he claims that Persian music exports could earn Iran more than oil.

The new government will even help arrange marriages for young men who might find it difficulty to do so on their own. (No such assistance is offered to young women.) The Islamic Republic rejects what the West calls "alternative lifestyles" as "abominations" and would not tolerate any form of sexual deviation or immorality.

So, you like this kind of lifestyle that Ahmadinejad has in mind for us all?

Or you think Christianity is just as bad?

And let's keep in mind, NO ONE is talking about imposing Christianity on anyone. Remember the separation between Church and State?

If you choose to live as a Muslim, even a devout Muslim, no one in the Bush Administration wants to stop you from doing so, just as long as you don't break the law.
post #99 of 162
Quote:

And let's keep in mind, NO ONE is talking about imposing Christianity on anyone.

George Bush, Sr - "I don't think that Atheists should be considered citizens or patriots"
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #100 of 162
Quote:

So, you like this kind of lifestyle that Ahmadinejad has in mind for us all?

Or you think Christianity is just as bad?

And let's keep in mind, NO ONE is talking about imposing Christianity on anyone. Remember the separation between Church and State?

If you choose to live as a Muslim, even a devout Muslim, no one in the Bush Administration wants to stop you from doing so, just as long as you don't break the law.

I'm not a huge fan of Ahmadinejad, but his rhetoric is on par with what Bush spouts so I take it as a typical politician pandering to his audience.

Let me be clear, I absolutely think that christianity is "just as bad". It has a history just as rich with violence and bloodshed and has more overall experience with doling it out than Islam has (though they're pretty handy at it too).
post #101 of 162
Bush on Rwanda: "A clear lesson that I learned... was that outside forces that tend to divide people up inside their country are unbelievably counterproductive."

Defense Secretary Robert Gates tells Turkey to withdraw from Iraq because their military is violating Iraqi sovereignty.

Quote:
"It's very important that the Turks make this operation as short as possible and then leave, and to be mindful of Iraqi sovereignty," Gates told reporters in New Delhi on Wednesday before leaving for Ankara.

"I measure quick in terms of days, a week or two, something like that. Not months," he said.

Welcome to the outcome of the Project for a New American Century.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Meanwhile...

At least Israel finally starting to call it what it is: "Israel threatens to unleash 'holocaust' in Gaza"

Quote:
“The more Qassam fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, they will bring upon themselves a bigger holocaust because we will use all our might to defend ourselves,” Matan Vilnai, the Deputy Defence Minister said.

ALL ABOARD THE CRAZY TRAIN! HAHAHAHAHA! With Mojo2 the fuckin' conductor.
post #102 of 162
Bill Clinton: Reincarnation of Elvis
Hillary Clinton: not so much

45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #103 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

George Bush, Sr - "I don't think that Atheists should be considered citizens or patriots"

Funny line from the former president.
post #104 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

I'm not a huge fan of Ahmadinejad, but his rhetoric is on par with what Bush spouts so I take it as a typical politician pandering to his audience.

Let me be clear, I absolutely think that christianity is "just as bad". It has a history just as rich with violence and bloodshed and has more overall experience with doling it out than Islam has (though they're pretty handy at it too).

By the way, contrary to what many Islamic clerics or Mullahs or political leaders might say, this isn't a war of Islam vs Christianity.

But as for the differences between Islam and Christianity in terms of violence:

Quote:
Fifth, the vicious violence intrinsic to Islamic jihad is not an aberration. Unlike Christs repudiation of faith-propagating violence - My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight (John 18: 36), Muhammad urges his followers to slay the enemies of Allah - slay the idolaters wherever you find them (Sura 9: 5). While medieval so-called Christian violence [in reality Roman Catholic e.g. the Crusades] was a lapse from Christs methods and thus condemned by the New Testament, Islamic violence is in perfect accord with Muhammads hostile directives.

http://www.takeheed.net/CliffordConservativelecture.htm
post #105 of 162

All of your dancing around is confusing. Here is the bottom line.

The Islamist agenda seeks to conquer the entire Earth and assert strict austere Islamic law on everyone.

The US believes in freedom, moderation, tolerance, prosperity and democracy.

If the US is victorious Muslims will still be able to live and worship as they please.

If the Islamists win we will all live according to Islamic law and only Muslims will have full rights of citizenship.
post #106 of 162
Quote:

The Islamist agenda seeks to conquer the entire Earth and assert strict austere Islamic law on everyone.

If the US is victorious Muslims will still be able to live and worship as they please.

If the Islamists win we will all live according to Islamic law and only Muslims will have full rights of citizenship.

[CENTER][/CENTER]
post #107 of 162
Quote:

The Islamist (7%) agenda seeks to conquer the entire Earth and assert strict austere Islamic law on everyone.

If the US is victorious Muslims (93%) will still be able to live and worship as they please.

If the (7%) Islamists win we will all live according to Islamic law and only (93%) Muslims will have full rights of citizenship.

Major survey challenges Western perceptions of Islam

Quote:
A huge survey of the world's Muslims released Tuesday challenges Western notions that equate Islam with radicalism and violence.

The survey, conducted by the Gallup polling agency over six years and three continents, seeks to dispel the belief held by some in the West that Islam itself is the driving force of radicalism.

It shows that the overwhelming majority of Muslims condemned the attacks against the United States on September 11, 2001 and other subsequent terrorist attacks, the authors of the study said in Washington.

"Samuel Harris said in the Washington Times (in 2004): 'It is time we admitted that we are not at war with terrorism. We are at war with Islam'," Dalia Mogadeh, co-author of the book "Who Speaks for Islam" which grew out of the study, told a news conference here.

"The argument Mr Harris makes is that religion in the primary driver" of radicalism and violence, she said.

"Religion is an important part of life for the overwhelming majority of Muslims, and if it were indeed the driver for radicalisation, this would be a serious issue."

But the study, which Gallup says surveyed a sample equivalent to 90 percent of the world's Muslims, showed that widespread religiosity "does not translate into widespread support for terrorism," said Mogadeh, director of the Gallup Center for Muslim Studies.

About 93 percent of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims are moderates and only seven percent are politically radical, according to the poll, based on more than 50,000 interviews.

In majority Muslim countries, overwhelming majorities said religion was a very important part of their lives -- 99 percent in Indonesia, 98 percent in Egypt, 95 percent in Pakistan.

But only seven percent of the billion Muslims surveyed -- the radicals -- condoned the attacks on the United States in 2001, the poll showed.

But keep being delusional and hateful, that's what fuels that 7%.
post #108 of 162
Quote:

Get it? Got it? Good.

No one is arguing the consistency of his position. Hello?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #109 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

[CENTER][IMG]http://thequince.org/graphics/screens/invasionMain.png[/CENTER]

Let's see the cutesy little graphic you and the Nazis would have produced to indict Chamberlain had he stood up to Hitler instead of giving him Czechoslovakia.
post #110 of 162
Quote:

Major survey challenges Western perceptions of Islam

But keep being delusional and hateful, that's what fuels that 7%.

Are you testing us?

There is nothing more insidious than Muslims intentionally implying that our policies and actions fuel the Islamist agenda. It is sui generis in that the followers of the religion are directed to follow this agenda and as many as 15% actively do, as we speak. And they will continue to do so, no matter what we do or don't do.
post #111 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No one is arguing the consistency of his position. Hello?

Unfortunately, you don't have a president or a candidate of your choice in your party that can stick on their positions either. Of course though, you can bring their quantity (not quality) of "experience" into your argument, right?

Now, what the fuck was your point?

Don't bother, I have a date tonight myself.
post #112 of 162
Quote:

Are you testing us?

There is nothing more insidious than Muslims intentionally implying that our policies and actions fuel the Islamist agenda. It is sui generis in that the followers of the religion are directed to follow this agenda and as many as 15% actively do, as we speak. And they will continue to do so, no matter what we do or don't do.

I believe that even as the US has pandered, deceived and squandered them for so many years, the majority seem to carry on with the hope of peace and understanding (all 93 fucking % of them). And they have children and they teach them the same values. The other 7% are a minority. A angry and stubborn bunch indeed but don't mix them up into the majority.

It just makes you more of a bigot and ignorant fool.

Go out and get laid or something, maybe that'll help. That's what I'm doing.
post #113 of 162
Quote:

I believe that even as the US has pandered, deceived and squandered them for so many years, the majority seem to carry on with the hope of peace and understanding (all 93 fucking % of them). And they have children and they teach them the same values. The other 7% are a minority. A angry and stubborn bunch indeed but don't mix them up into the majority.

It just makes you more of a bigot and ignorant fool.

Go out and get laid or something, maybe that'll help. That's what I'm doing.

The 85% who may not support violent Jihad WOULD, however, support having a separate system of Islamic justice to adjudicate particularly Islamic issues.

That would mean the perfectly law abiding and peaceful 85% would help create the wedge needed to create parallel societies within the USA just as there seem to be in the UK, where it is illegal for Brits to fly their own national flags in Islamic neighborhoods for fear of upsetting the Muslims.

Now. Screw THAT.
post #114 of 162
Quote:

Let's see the cutesy little graphic you and the Nazis would have produced to indict Chamberlain had he stood up to Hitler instead of giving him Czechoslovakia.

[CENTER][/CENTER]
post #115 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

[CENTER][IMG]http://enigma.dune.net/~eric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG[/CENTER]

Adolph and Mahmoud would approve, I think.
post #116 of 162
McCain: Economic Pragmatist
Obama: Cargo-Cult Economist

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #117 of 162
dmz: Creationist.
post #118 of 162
Now that was just weird, Hassan i Sabbah.

post #119 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

McCain: Economic Pragmatist
Obama: Cargo-Cult Economist

You mean

McCain: Economic agnostic
Obama: Concerned about the economy and outsourcing of US jobs.

I think that is what you were going to say...

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #120 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Now that was just weird, Hassan i Sabbah.

I have to lend you my support there.

As if there is something wrong with being a creationist.

Not all of us are cult following evolutionists and such is "ok" as far as I am concerned.

I believe in creation as the Bible teaches and I am not ashamed by it no matter who thinks it is mud to label people creationists.

Now are all creationists created equal? Hell no.

I think to label all creationists in a bad light is just as ignorant as to lable all arabs terrorists. It simply is not true.

Are some "creationists" silly / nuts / just stupid? Yes
Are some arabs terrorists? yes

But to write off an entire group in a negative way is hateful and hurtful.

Fellows

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Difference between Obama and McCain