or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Any advice, no sound on my macbook...

Any advice, no sound on my macbook...

post #1 of 2
I have a Macbook, and right now I do not have any sound unless I plug in some headphones. I go into sounds and outputs and instead of saying internal speakers it says "digital out" or something to that extent.

Oh, I have the extended warranty with the utility that analyzes everything and it said the sound was fine, but it still does not work.

Also, I am overseas right now, but I do have the operating system disks with me.

Any advice?
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet1978 View Post

I have a Macbook, and right now I do not have any sound unless I plug in some headphones. I go into sounds and outputs and instead of saying internal speakers it says "digital out" or something to that extent.

Oh, I have the extended warranty with the utility that analyzes everything and it said the sound was fine, but it still does not work.

Also, I am overseas right now, but I do have the operating system disks with me.

Any advice?

I will assume that if you look into the headphone you will see a red light.

This will sound crazy, but try the following:

1) Insert the headphones and wiggle them as you remove them. Check the jack. Is the light still on? Repeat until it's out.

2) If that doesn't work, you can be a bit more daring. Find a wooden match. Insert the wooden end into the headphone jack and wiggle gently. Check the jack for the red light.

Hopefull after all that, it's gone out and you now have functioning sound.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Any advice, no sound on my macbook...