or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Page 3? No, Page 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Page 3? No, Page 2!

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
This has happened to me a couple of times, most recently in the "I have redesigned the macbook air" thread.

The forums says there are three pages, but clicking on the third page just redirects you to the second page. I don't think I'm missing any posts as there only seems to be 78 replies.

Still this is the second thread this has occurred, so I think you may have something wonky with your database.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

This has happened to me a couple of times, most recently in the "I have redesigned the macbook air" thread.

The forums says there are three pages, but clicking on the third page just redirects you to the second page. I don't think I'm missing any posts as there only seems to be 78 replies.

Still this is the second thread this has occurred, so I think you may have something wonky with your database.

There's actually a good reason that this is occurring ... some of the posts have been soft-deleted in the thread and are still visible to myself and the moderators but not to the regular forum members. There *are* 3 pages of messages if these deleted posts are included.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Oh, I see. Still, it's confusing when it says there are 81 replies on three pages and page 2 only goes to 78, and then you click on page 3 and it takes you right back to page 2.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Oh, I see. Still, it's confusing when it says there are 81 replies on three pages and page 2 only goes to 78, and then you click on page 3 and it takes you right back to page 2.

It's a vBulletin flaw. There are actually 81 replies but only mods/admins can see 3 of them.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #5 of 6
The same thing is happening in Current Hardware >> Apple introduces Penryn-based MacBooks and MacBook Pros. But it's pages 9-10.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

The same thing is happening in Current Hardware >> Apple introduces Penryn-based MacBooks and MacBook Pros. But it's pages 9-10.

... and it's happening for the same reason that I stated above.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Page 3? No, Page 2!