or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MBP part?

MBP part?

post #1 of 4
I'm trying to figure out what this part is, and how to find one? I believe it is shorted (that's why it's not plugged in in the picture) because it would shut down the computer when pressed on the top. when I unplugged it, that problem stopped. So any ideas would be helpful.

here's what the numbers say... (from top to bottom)
TY-01
94V-0
01-01000849-00-A
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmteeprod View Post

I'm trying to figure out what this part is, and how to find one? I believe it is shorted (that's why it's not plugged in in the picture) because it would shut down the computer when pressed on the top. when I unplugged it, that problem stopped. So any ideas would be helpful.

here's what the numbers say... (from top to bottom)
TY-01
94V-0
01-01000849-00-A

Have you got any informatrion about this part ? I've exactly the same problem.

thank
post #3 of 4
i think it might be the accelerometer that was put on the newer MBP, the base for some of the hacks. it parks the drive when you move the system around.

I say screw it & just use it.
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
post #4 of 4
looks like I was wrong. it's a sensor when you close your screen for sleep.

they used your pic, i used google to translate.

http://translate.google.com/translat...%26rls%3Den-us
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MBP part?