or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Spitzer Goes Down. Literally.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spitzer Goes Down. Literally. - Page 2

post #41 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Reckless and unwise: yes
stupid: no

stupidity: "lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity". He went to Harvard law school, stupid people don't do that.

And you think he is ugly just because he is losing his hair? What do you think of Patrick Stewart? Or Sean Connery? Michael Jordan? And besides that, what does his physical beauty have to do with anything in particular? I don't think that Bill Clinton is particularly attractive with his red face and really red nose, but the topic never comes up because it is totally besides the point (any point).

I would maintain that one can be smart in one area and stupid in another. At face value ... what he did was pretty fucking stupid.
post #42 of 120
Spitzer just resigned. (Watched it live on CNN then quickly turned it off so I didn't have to watch the announcers posturing like peacocks).

Good riddance.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #43 of 120
I don't get the "good riddance."

I'm gonna miss him quite a bit. This was a personal failing apart from how he governed. So, it's more of a reluctant goodbye for anyone interested in progressive governance.
post #44 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Good riddance.

+1

I love how this is a "private matter" when it involves people like, I dunno... McGreevey... Bill/Monica.... Spitz... but Foley? Craig?

The outrage... the OUTRAGE!!!

People who are prosecuting others for a crime by day should not be (in their 6th year of) committing that same crime by night.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, governor.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #45 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

+1

I love how this is a "private matter" when it involves people like, I dunno... McGreevey... Bill/Monica.... Spitz... but Foley? Craig?

The outrage... the OUTRAGE!!!

People who are prosecuting others for a crime by day should not be (in their 6th year of) committing that same crime by night.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, governor.

Um, did anyone here call for McGreevy or Craig to resign because they were gay? Or that they had an affair? Or toe-tapped in a bathroom stall? That would be the Republicans who do that.

Foley was a predator of young boys.

Spitz broke the law in a particularly egregious fashion. That's why we're all saying "good riddance."

I don't care if he slept with a hundred prostitutes. He broke the law.

Even more, he was pretty stupid about it.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #46 of 120
The most direct analogy to Spitzer is David Vitter (R), who was caught seeing prostitutes but who has not resigned his senate seat. And BTW, Larry Craig (R) never resigned either.
post #47 of 120
Hm.

He could be disbarred, too.
post #48 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

The most direct analogy to Spitzer is David Vitter (R), who was caught seeing prostitutes but who has not resigned his senate seat. And BTW, Larry Craig (R) never resigned either.

I don't think it's a direct analogy. It's not about the moral failing, it's about the hypocrisy. He prosecuted prostitution rings aggressively while he was utilizing/involved with one. That's different than being against gay marriage and soliciting gay sex. Do you agree?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #49 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Um, did anyone here call for McGreevy or Craig to resign because they were gay? Or that they had an affair? Or toe-tapped in a bathroom stall? That would be the Republicans who do that.

Which ones did that?


Quote:

Foley was a predator of young boys.

That's dubious. They were Congressional Pages...they were all late teens. I'm not saying that's even remotely acceptable, but to be fair they certainly weren't "young boys."

Quote:

Spitz broke the law in a particularly egregious fashion. That's why we're all saying "good riddance."

Agreed.

Quote:

I don't care if he slept with a hundred prostitutes. He broke the law.

Even more, he was pretty stupid about it.

Agreed there too.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #50 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Which ones did that?

McCain and Coleman, for starters.

Quote:
That's dubious. They were Congressional Pages...they were all late teens. I'm not saying that's even remotely acceptable, but to be fair they certainly weren't "young boys."

Yeah. I guess you're right. Foley hitting on a 16 year old boy is no big deal.

It's worth pointing out something interesting about your response. "Late teens" is a pretty interesting defense of Foley's predatory behavior, largely because there are only 6 years of teens at all, from 13 to 19. "Late teens" would be, what, 17-19? Foley's youngest target? 16.

Why on earth, SDW, can you not throw Foley under the bus?

Here. Here's a transcript of Foley, in between discussions of how the kid broke up with his girlfriend and descriptions of High School lacrosse practice, asking the kid how many times he jerks off. Here's Foley asking the kid to describe how he jerks off. Here's Foley asking him if he's getting an erection.

Later, that kid will have to go because he has some homework in AP English.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #51 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I don't think it's a direct analogy. It's not about the moral failing, it's about the hypocrisy. He prosecuted prostitution rings aggressively while he was utilizing/involved with one. That's different than being against gay marriage and soliciting gay sex. Do you agree?

Are you talking Vitter or Craig? I still don't understand why it's illegal to tap your foot in a bathroom, if you're talking about Craig. Buy me a "Free Larry Craig" t-shirt and I'll wear it.

But the analogy is to David Vitter, who saw prostitutes, but is still in the Senate.
post #52 of 120
under the bus... hmmmm...

LibDems like Dershowitz and Carville refused to throw Spitz under the bus... preferring the old Clintonesque line of "this would be back page news in other countries" or "it is a private matter."

Jeeze, look how the Rs threw Trent Lott under the bus... Tom Delay... et al. Seems the dems minimize and justify, the republicans get the adoring media coverage they seek when they toss one of their own under the largest tire they can find.

Foley should have resigned.
Craig should have resigned.
Spitzer should have resigned.
Bill Jeff should have resigned.

Sex offenses matter... or they don't. For everyone. D & R alike.
Morals matter... or they don't. For everyone. D & R alike.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #53 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's dubious. They were Congressional Pages...they were all late teens. I'm not saying that's even remotely acceptable, but to be fair they certainly weren't "young boys."

That would make Lewinski a "young girl" or "teenage girl" if we are going to be consistent with the "young boys" hyperbole.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #54 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

That would make Lewinski a "young girl" or "teenage girl" if we are going to be consistent with the "young boys" hyperbole.

See my edited post, above.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #55 of 120
"Moment of Truth: New The Fashion Collection from DKNY"




McGreeveys, top and Spitzers
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #56 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

"Moment of Truth: New The Fashion Collection from DKNY"


McGreeveys, left and Spitzers

That's bizarre.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #57 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

That's bizarre.

I think they are telegraphing a subliminal message to us... and that message appears to be that if you cannot MANage yOuR ASSets, you need to go to Brooks Brothers immediately and as for the "resignation special."
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #58 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

"Moment of Truth: New The Fashion Collection from DKNY"




McGreeveys, left and Spitzers

Yeah, but from McGeevey's tie, you can tell he goes the other way.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #59 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Yeah, but from McGeevey's tie, you can tell he goes the other way.

Beat me to it!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #60 of 120
C'mon, everybody knows they all have matching "Press conference to apologize for illicit sex" outfits.

I myself love the concession speech family combination (with matching doll outfit)...



post #61 of 120
Ha! Have you ever tried to talk a 10-year old out of her favorite outfit?


Wild horses...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #62 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Yeah, but from McGeevey's tie, you can tell he goes the other way.



<shoots Red Bull out of nose>
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #63 of 120
post #64 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

C'mon, everybody knows they all have matching "Press conference to apologize for illicit sex" outfits.

I myself love the concession speech family combination (with matching doll outfit)...




wow, that's one ugly family.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #65 of 120
The miscarried fetus they took home and cradled in their arms before burying it...

...that might have been an improvement in overall looks.
post #66 of 120
I love the internet. I looooooooooove the internet.


I wonder how the book deal is coming?
post #67 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

SFW...free sample...

Wow - Bill Clinton must be super jealous, she looks a whole lot hotter than Monica.

45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #68 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

McCain and Coleman, for starters.

You know, sometimes I think you're bored and you just throw stuff out there to see if you can get away with it.

Quote:
McCain told CNN the decision was Craig's to make, "but my opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime, you shouldn't serve. That's not a moral stand. That's not a holier-than-thou. It's just a factual situation."

Neither said he should resign because he was gay.

Quote:



Yeah. I guess you're right. Foley hitting on a 16 year old boy is no big deal.

It's worth pointing out something interesting about your response. "Late teens" is a pretty interesting defense of Foley's predatory behavior, largely because there are only 6 years of teens at all, from 13 to 19. "Late teens" would be, what, 17-19? Foley's youngest target? 16.

Why on earth, SDW, can you not throw Foley under the bus?

Here. Here's a transcript of Foley, in between discussions of how the kid broke up with his girlfriend and descriptions of High School lacrosse practice, asking the kid how many times he jerks off. Here's Foley asking the kid to describe how he jerks off. Here's Foley asking him if he's getting an erection.

Later, that kid will have to go because he has some homework in AP English.

Strawman Patrol: "Sir, we have a Class A Strawman in P.O. Dispatch all units STAT."

I'm not saying it's OK or even remotely tolerable. I'm saying that 16-19 does not qualify as a "young boy." 16 is the age of consent in most states for Christ's sake. It's immoral, inappropriate and a host of other things...but he didn't prey on "young boys." The man wasn't a pedophile.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #69 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Are you talking Vitter or Craig? I still don't understand why it's illegal to tap your foot in a bathroom, if you're talking about Craig. Buy me a "Free Larry Craig" t-shirt and I'll wear it.

But the analogy is to David Vitter, who saw prostitutes, but is still in the Senate.

I was talking about Spitz.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

That would make Lewinski a "young girl" or "teenage girl" if we are going to be consistent with the "young boys" hyperbole.

It would make her a young woman, since she was like 20 or 21 when it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Wow - Bill Clinton must be super jealous, she looks a whole lot hotter than Monica.


I don't like her face. I'll take the rest.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #70 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Wow - Bill Clinton must be super jealous, she looks a whole lot hotter than Monica.


She's a hooker for christs sake.
post #71 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'll take the rest.

She's a hooker, you mean pay for the rest.

Personally, prostitutes don't do it for me.
post #72 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Photos Of Eliot Spitzer's Hooker

SFW...free sample...




2K an hour?
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
post #73 of 120
All American media is bawling and screaming because a man had sex, but meanwhile, in Iraq, 12 American soldiers died in the last 3 days.

Listen, I don't give a shit about politicians' sex lives, let them fuck whoever they want. The only disgrace is that this is the only political issue that ever causes an uproar anymore.
post #74 of 120
--but they died doing what they love and protecting our freedom.\
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
post #75 of 120
I propose "milking machines" in government offices. Every male "Servant" will undergo heavy sucking before starting work in the morning.
post #76 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Stanley View Post

--but they died doing what they love and protecting our freedom.\


Only 28% Of Americans Are Aware That Nearly 4,000 US Personnel Have Died in Iraq Over Past 5 Years.

- Pew Research Center

post #77 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

I propose "milking machines" in government offices. Every male "Servant" will undergo heavy sucking before starting work in the morning.

gross
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #78 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

I think they are telegraphing a subliminal message to us... and that message appears to be that if you cannot MANage yOuR ASSets, you need to go to Brooks Brothers immediately and as for the "resignation special."

Cruel, but hilarious.
post #79 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Cruel, but hilarious.

Well, it sucks when you are carrying around so much public trust in your pockets that your pants keep falling down. \
I think the deceit and lack of conscience it takes to pull these kinds of things... for years on end... makes them worthy of ridicule.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #80 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

All American media is bawling and screaming because a man had sex, but meanwhile, in Iraq, 12 American soldiers died in the last 3 days.

Listen, I don't give a shit about politicians' sex lives, let them fuck whoever they want. The only disgrace is that this is the only political issue that ever causes an uproar anymore.

Or maybe it's a big story because he was prosecuting people aggressively for doing the same thing he was doing at the time. By all accounts the man was a bastard. He abused his power more than once. And now it's his turn. It might make him the butt of a lot of jokes, but the sex isn't the part people are outraged about.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Spitzer Goes Down. Literally.