or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › where are simpletext and hypercard?

where are simpletext and hypercard?

post #1 of 9
Why has apple not released simpletext and is there a OS X version of hypercard?
post #2 of 9
[quote]Originally posted by solo:
<strong>Why has apple not released simpletext and is there a OS X version of hypercard?</strong><hr></blockquote>TextEdit is a lot more powerful than simpletext. I think the closest you'll get to hypercard is <a href="http://www.apple.com/applescript/macosx/ascript_studio/" target="_blank">AppleScript Studio</a>, which is free. But no more Hypertalk.
post #3 of 9
Why would you want SimpleText over TextEdit?
post #4 of 9
Simpletext for OS X can be found on the developer CD.

I am used to doing all my html editing on Simpletext, and TextEdit is not suitable for this.

I'm sure all of you will ask "why not use BBEdit?" but the truth is I like using a simple text editor that launches in 1 second and saves all files as text only.
post #5 of 9
And BBEdit Lite doesn't do this?

It's free, launches in 5 bounces, and saves in text only with the option of Windoze, Mac, and UNIX line breaks! Plus a killer search feature.
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
post #6 of 9
long live hypercard!

apple should open source it.
--
Eric F
--
Eric F
post #7 of 9
[quote]Originally posted by tonton:
<strong>I am used to doing all my html editing on Simpletext, and TextEdit is not suitable for this.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why not TextEdit? Just select PlainText as format for new Documents and "ignore RTF in HTML" and deselect append .txt to name.

This way all new documents will be plain text display html files as source and you can name your *.html files like they should be named file.html.

I really like TextEdit.
post #8 of 9
[quote]Originally posted by zadian:
<strong>

Why not TextEdit? Just select PlainText as format for new Documents and "ignore RTF in HTML" and deselect append .txt to name.

This way all new documents will be plain text display html files as source and you can name your *.html files like they should be named file.html.

I really like TextEdit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Geez... maybe it was too obvious. Thanks. Well, thanks to the fact that I bought full OS X, I can still use SimpleText if I want

By the way, I love documentation in OS X that has the .rtfd extension. Every time I laugh to myself as I am thinking "Read The Fycking Documentation!"
post #9 of 9
Try iBuild for a substitute for hypercard.
Unofficial AppleScript Studio Lobbyist
Unofficial AppleScript Studio Lobbyist
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › where are simpletext and hypercard?