or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Eating our words: Apple's Mac mini to rock on

Eating our words: Apple's Mac mini to rock on - Page 2

post #41 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySteelRobot View Post

I had a Mac Mini and loved it. Gave it to my mom, and currently I'm using a MacBook...

HAHAHAHA- I did the EXACT same thing...
post #42 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I wonder if the engineering team is enlarging it so a 3.5" HDD and space for a discrete GPU. Nah.

I do think that DVI will be replaced with DisplayPort on all their future systems.

You're thinking as if Apple sees it as a home machine. Why cut off a whole market by replacing the DVI port with a HDMI? if anything Apple would probably add both, so it can become a game console with its, yet to be announced, touch controller AND a nice little quite terminal-like machine for businesses, who would surely need that DVI port.
post #43 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

The smartest thing they could do would be to dump the form factor and make the damn thing big enough to use desktop parts, specifically a 3.5 hard drive and a desktop optical drive. But they haven't ever been smart with this model.

At the very least, up the ram. And dual monitor support would be huge.

I have a mini and I like it, but I have to admit I'd rather see apple just dump the model in favor of a larger (and better...and probably cheaper as well) unit.

Interesting point - Apple often gets caught up in a rather odd 'dimensions' game. I'd have thought that a Mac Mini that was cheaper/more powerful but slightly larger would be of more interest to most people - it's not intended to be portable and the 'Mini'-ness isn't really the hook - it is supposed to fill a space at the bottom of the Mac market. Similarly with the MacBook Air - which is intended to be portable - I would have thought, as a heavy user of portables that a laptop that was smaller but fatter - more like the old 12'' Powerbooks - would be a whole lot more useful than a thin but overall fairly large Air. But Jobs likes a good hook for the ad campaigns or something.
post #44 of 290
I loved my PPC Mac mini and still have it networked under my desk to run via screen sharing Classic applications that my new iMac won't run.

I suggest the new version be bigger, so it can add these features:

1. A full-sized drive. They're cheaper, faster and more rugged, so that choice should be easy. The laptop drive in my Mac mini died, fortunately just before Hitachi's 3-year warranty ran out. I blame that on the fact that it was a laptop drive running 24/7. They're not made for that sort of duty cycle. Why not use the same server-grade drive as in other Mac products?

2. Two (or more) RAM slots.

3. Dual monitor output. My MacBook can drive two displays. A Mac mini should do the same. You might intend one for driving a traditional computer display, the other for HD-TV.

4. Built-in AC power. Something as neat and tidy as a Mac mini shouldn't be stuck with an ugly brick underfoot.

5. As someone else noted, get the price down enough to stay competitive.
post #45 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnud View Post

Increase the footprint to that of the Apple TV?

That isn't a bad idea. If they do take and don't add larger components there may be enough room for a power supply. I think the engineering team for this isn't simply putting in a newer CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I gonna go out on a limb and predict that this will morph into an xMac thread by page 3.

...If that long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

Just a headless Mac with a little room to grow. Apple is so stupid for not doing this. I swear if they keep pushing high-margin all-in-ones instead of selling low-margin towers I'm going to quit liking them!

You may quit liking them, but Apple isn't stupid. While the market for PC desktops is lower than it was this time last year, Mac desktops are 50% higher. They are apparently appealing to their target audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljocampo View Post

You're thinking as if Apple sees it as a home machine. Why cut off a whole market by replacing the DVI port with a HDMI? if anything Apple would probably add both, so it can become a game console with its, yet to be announced, touch controller AND a nice little quite terminal-like machine for businesses, who would surely need that DVI port.

I didn't say, replace with HDMI, I said replace with DisplayPort. HDMI and DVI are old news. However, APple is currently in the competing camp for UDI, but Samsung and Intel have left and I think the other members will too.

PS: Would you be okay with a comprise? For instance, the slghtly larger footprint of the AppleTV/Time Capsule that is slightly taller than the Mac Mini that allows for an internal power supply, 3.5" HDD, and a non-user-replaceable discrete GPU with 2x dual-link DVI so the case can have an "Apple aesthetic"? I just don't think Apple is going to out in a user-replaceable GPU into that machine.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #46 of 290
I look forward to seeing what Apple has in mind for a future mini. I hope they don't change the external design, unless they're willing to go all-out and make it big enough for a desktop hard drive and discrete GPU.

*and I'd love to see Intel's future mobile quad-core CPU in a mini, even if it's a $900 option
post #47 of 290
I am anxiously awaiting a new MacMini. I want to create a home LAN, and what I'd really like is a small, quiet server. We use a couple of laptops (Mac and Win) around the house, and I want a central server (Mac) to do things that need an always-on computer, which the laptops aren't.

It doesn't need any display or keyboard, because it would sit on a shelf and I'd connect using a remote desktop from the laptop. The current Mini is close, but it just needs a few tweaks to make it a great home server. Primarily, it needs two RAIDed high capacity drives with a fast I/O channel, and a fast enough cpu to power them and some server apps. I'd use it for shared file storage, Time Machine backup, VPN server (so I could connect securely when away from home), and as home intranet web server. I'd also set up tasks that can run unattended, such as automatic backup to a remote server.

I think there is a real opportunity for Apple to re-target it as a low-cost server for the home.
post #48 of 290
They need to make a Mini that can handle dual Monitors. I would gladly upgrade from my Blue & White that has a G4 upgrade to a Mini if I could use both monitors. I don't need a Mac Pro and already have 2 22" monitors so an iMac is not what I need either. Why can't they add a second monitor port ? I'd paid an extra hundred for that option.
post #49 of 290
What we wish for:
Bigger footprint, desktop hardware, added ports, true HD, AppleTV killer. Personally, I believe they need to go all out and have optional Blu-Ray, HDMI, Frontrow, etc.

What we might get:
An even smaller unit due to the shift from 65nm to 45nm, (to turn Mr. Jobs on even more.) This will be followed by puzzled Apple users, and more lackluster sales.

Making the Mini a little more pricey and powerful is in effect, turning it into the most desired Mid-tower that Apple DOES NOT WANT TO PROVIDE FOR US. Apple appears to be happy selling us tiny, underfeatured units such as AppleTV or Mini, or overfeatured units such as iMac or Pro when all we want is headless/HTPC/server capabilities.

With all that being said, I will be the first to admit if the new Mini can drive true HD, I will be all over one and booting my Winblows htPC to gaming/serving duties for my new Mac Mini HTPC!
Here's to another year of waiting for Apple to deliver a product I really want/need, not one I can or cannot make do with.
post #50 of 290
Quote:

I didn't say, replace with HDMI, I said replace with DisplayPort. HDMI and DVI are old news. However, APple is currently in the competing camp for UDI, but Samsung and Intel have left and I think the other members will too.

PS: Would you be okay with a comprise? For instance, the slghtly larger footprint of the AppleTV/Time Capsule that is slightly taller than the Mac Mini that allows for an internal power supply, 3.5" HDD, and a non-user-replaceable discrete GPU with 2x dual-link DVI so the case can have an "Apple aesthetic"? I just don't think Apple is going to out in a user-replaceable GPU into that machine.

I stand corrected on DisplayPort. I was ignorant about it. So it's a better standard. I'm all for better standards.

As for the PS: I'm 100% with you on that. No compromise needed. I hate power supply bricks, would rather have the more reliable and faster 3.5 HDD, and better GPU capabilities.

That said, adding the power supply internal would cause heat and that means fan noise. Quietness is something I like best in any Mac ever since I bought that Digital Audio Mac in 2001. It's louder than my refrigerator. Small size is OK but not just for design purposes. A Mac need to perform first.
post #51 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljocampo View Post

That said, adding the power supply internal would cause heat and that means fan noise. Quietness is something I like best in any Mac ever since I bought that Digital Audio Mac in 2001. It's louder than my refrigerator. Small size is OK but not just for design purposes. A Mac need to perform first.

The TC and TV don't have any fan noise, do get hot and have internal power supplies. I don't think TV has a fan, but the TC has one despite no real outlet for the air. I think Apple can pull off a double tall TC with a discrete GPU, better CPU and more RAM.
post #52 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

I once complained about the lack of video out, but given it is not possible to connect to many wide screen TVs with DVI, this is a minor point issue now. The only catch is that I would have to upgrade my TV.

Current Mac mini has video out: DVI, HDMI (via 3rd party adapter or cable), VGA, S-video (via optional adapter), and composite video (via optional adapter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

2. Two (or more) RAM slots.

Current Mac mini can accommodate two SO-DIMM modules. It is still needlessly tedious to crack it open to install RAM, however.
post #53 of 290
Quote:

The TC and TV don't have any fan noise, do get hot and have internal power supplies. I don't think TV has a fan, but the TC has one despite no real outlet for the air. I think Apple can pull off a double tall TC with a discrete GPU, better CPU and more RAM.

I second that motion.
post #54 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirasaw View Post

They need to make a Mini that can handle dual Monitors. I would gladly upgrade from my Blue & White that has a G4 upgrade to a Mini if I could use both monitors. I don't need a Mac Pro and already have 2 22" monitors so an iMac is not what I need either. Why can't they add a second monitor port ? I'd paid an extra hundred for that option.

Dual G5s seem to run at about the same price as a mini. I'm running one right now, it's doing pretty well.
post #55 of 290
Any chance they switch the plastics colour on the lid from white with silver to black with silver to match the rest of the line, anyone think?
post #56 of 290
I have a Mac mini from 2005 and am looking to replace it. Do the pricing for comparison:
mini 2.0ghz with 1gb ram 160 gb disk is $850
iMac 2.0ghz with 1gb ram 250gb disk is 1199.
mini only goes to a max 2gb ram, but iMac goes to 4gb.
I'd love to have a new mini since I already have a 20" display with the same resolution as the iMac, but the price difference keeps leading me to an iMac.
I doubt we will see major changes; I know everyone would like to see lots of changes, and I agree, but it doesn't seem that likely.
post #57 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

A small and super-thin monitor that would be sold as a companion piece for the mini. A... "thinny" monitor.

Aside from the name great idea!

Single 20", slim, budget Apple monitor - could be a hit.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #58 of 290
Quote:

You may quit liking them, but Apple isn't stupid. While the market for PC desktops is lower than it was this time last year, Mac desktops are 50% higher. They are apparently appealing to their target audience.

My post was a tongue-in-cheek direct response to the post just above mine.
post #59 of 290
This is great news for the Mac mini! I've been hoping that Apple would do something more wit the device. I keep hoping that somewhere down the line it would get merged with the Apple TV, or somehow make it more of a mesh between a Tivo and a Mac.

I've got my mini hooked up via HDMI to my 32" Sharp Aquos in the living room. We use it with our wireless Apple keyboard and mighty mouse from the couch, in addition to our MacBook, and use the mini for watching DVDs.

The Mac mini is an essential part of our condo's multimedia setup, including all of our digital audio, photos, iTunes music, etc.

I couldn't imagine our home without the mini and I hope Apple keeps it around for a good long time, with future updates that bring it closer and closer to being a true digital hub in everyone's living rooms.
-----------------
Aluminum MacBook; Black MacBook; Mac mini; 2 x iPhone 3G; Time Capsule, iPod Touch and a few other iPods kicking around.
-----------------
Aluminum MacBook; Black MacBook; Mac mini; 2 x iPhone 3G; Time Capsule, iPod Touch and a few other iPods kicking around.
post #60 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnud View Post

I would love to replace my current PC with a mini, but I need a dvd burner and don't see why I have to pay £100 extra for this, ditch the combo drive please More storage would be nice but with 500 GB 2.5 drives one the way I can always drop one in later.

You can always pick up an external DVD burner/drive and attach via USB or firewire. Most drives will work with OS X directly or at least with Toast. You can also get a Super Drive and replace the combo drive in the mini if you feel comfortable with pulling one apart or have someone do it for you at a local Mac shop that does repairs.
post #61 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post

If the posted specs are real, my only question is will the new GPU be able to drive a Full-HD (1920x1080) HDTV?

For me, a Mac mini is a much better choice than TV. I'd be much more likely to use Netflix than iTunes for downloading movies. I don't use iPhoto or iTunes, except to load my iPod with a small selection of music from my collection. It would work real well next to the Blu-ray drive I intend to get within the next few months, too!

Since I've already got an Apple Wireless Keyboard and a wireless mouse, a full-tilt Mac with FireWire for connecting an external drive would be fantastic. I could dump all my photos and more on it.

Yeah, FireWire 800 would be a great addition... just swap a USB port for it ... but it ain't a-gonna happen.

I think gigabit ethernet pretty well makes up for FW800, but then again the audio folks could do with FW800. I have the Apple wireless+mouse working with a Mini connected to a computer display. The keyboard and mouse are excellent. On my Mini hooked up to our HDTV I use a wireless keyboard with a built in trackball. It works great (it's RF), but it's just not like Apple's keyboard. I really wish Apple would ship a wireless keyboard with a built in trackpad with touch capability, or maybe just a trackpad with a keyboard like the one in the iPhone. Having a keyboard and a mouse for controlling a TV computer is a bit tricky for me at least.

I am surprised you aren't getting full HD. Are you saying you can't get 1080p as an option? Seems to me I get it (perhaps it's 1080i, but I can't tell the difference). In any case on our 52" screen 1080() yields text which is too small. I wish Apple would get the resolution independence going. It's odd but Windows on the Mini is easier to see on the screen as you can vary the dpi and other related selections.

I'd like to see them get rid of the optical drive, include n networking and make the hard drive/ram user installable. Pretty tricky to do right now.

philip
post #62 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

My post was a tongue-in-cheek direct response to the post just above mine.

My friend I think you are unaware of Murphy's law #23.

This states that the probability of any Apple thread morphing into a discussion of the xMac is directly proportional to its length.

The corollary of that is that any thread over 6 pages has a 100% certainty of digressing into an xMac thread.
post #63 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by muser View Post

I am anxiously awaiting a new MacMini. I want to create a home LAN, and what I'd really like is a small, quiet server. We use a couple of laptops (Mac and Win) around the house, and I want a central server (Mac) to do things that need an always-on computer, which the laptops aren't.

What a great idea! I've already got most of the bits in place: Airport Extreme, gigabit ethernet switch in my office, 11x17 LaserJet.

A Mac mini would complete the matrix and also make a great media machine and server. I could see it permanently coupled to my HDTV, but also running as a home server. Then I wouldn't be crippled with a USB hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme. FireWire 400 connected to a Mac mini! Excellent.

Gee, then I could justify getting a MacBook Air for my girlfriend (and me too)!!!

Just having a mini driving the HDTV is appealing, but not a good use of funds, space or electricity. Using it as a server solves a bunch of problems simultaneously!
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
post #64 of 290
Give me a tablet instead
post #65 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartis View Post

Give me a tablet instead

Maybe Apple should partner with WACOM to come up with multi-touch, pressure sensitive tablets!
post #66 of 290
Words cannot expressed how happy I am to finally see AppleInsider eat its own words about the demise of the Mini. I'm not saying this in a derogatory way against AppleInsider so much as I am against your previous "negative position" toward the Mini. And I say this by not even owning or liking the Mini!

I always knew it would never make sense for Apple to kill off a product that was such a perfect fit for the low end of the Mac market. Why in the world would you leave a gaping hole there, especially if you had no other product with which to replace it? Would the iMac replace the Mini, seeing that the iMac has a built in screen, is much bigger and priced higher? No, the iMac is a different machine altogether. Indeed, even if one wishes to argue that the Mini is not targetted at the "low end" the fact remains it is targetted at people who either already have screens, mice and keyboards or to those who wish to buy them separately. There is no other Mac offering from Apple that offers such freedoms to the buyer.

Thank you AppleInsider for being brave enough to admit you were wrong. It is now time that Mac Mini owners start raising their voices and demand more regular updates to the Mini.
post #67 of 290
Quote:

Maybe Apple should partner with WACOM to come up with multi-touch, pressure sensitive tablets!

Pressure sensitive is so yesterday. Multi-touch, capacitance displays which can utilize a special capacitance pen seem to be the next stage.
post #68 of 290
Quote:

Pressure sensitive is so yesterday. Multi-touch, capacitance displays which can utilize a special capacitance pen seem to be the next stage.

If you don't draw or do graphics, I can see you point.

However, if you DO do graphics (as I do), pressure sensitivity is a MUST! At this point, multi-touch is extremely limited. HOW the display reacts AFTER multi-touch is used (iPhone/touch scrolling, for instance) has less to do with multi-touch triggers than it does with how other interface elements react afterward and other related factors.

Having both pressure sensitivity AND multi-touch would be a revelation.
post #69 of 290
Quote:

However, if you DO do graphics (as I do), pressure sensitivity is a MUST!

Mea culpa.
post #70 of 290
Quote:

However, if you DO do graphics (as I do), pressure sensitivity is a MUST! At this point, multi-touch is extremely limited. HOW the display reacts AFTER multi-touch is used (iPhone/touch scrolling, for instance) has less to do with multi-touch triggers than it does with how other interface elements react afterward and other related factors.

Um...the pen is typically the pressure sensitive element. You could get the display to do pressure sensitivity but it seems easier to just do both multitouch with a digitizer.
post #71 of 290
My money is on a small increase in dimensions for the Mac Mini. In particular, I think it will end up being the same 7.7" x 7.7" footprint as both the AppleTV and Time Capsule. That extra space should be more than enough for an extra stick of RAM and a larger cooling fan, both of which would be good things.

I can't wait for an updated Mini. I've been wanting to pick one up, but wanted a better GPU as well. It looks like I'm going to get what I want.
post #72 of 290
I wonder if Apple will make a habit of updating the Mini at the same time as the iMac. They updated it at the last iMac refresh.

I think I'll get the lowest one again with 2GB Ram for home use - it would be nice if it's 2.1GHz. As usual, a good GPU, dual display support and a faster hard drive would be nice but I like my Mini way more than I ever could an iMac even as it is so I can live with it.

When SSD gets mainstream, I won't care about HDD. I'd take a 64GB SSD over a 250GB HDD any day simply for the performance increase. I'll use an external HDD for extra space.

I think I've completely gone off PC gaming for good now except for the classic games that you don't get on consoles. I reckon I'll get an XBox soon now that they've dropped in price. If the Mini is the same price, I will be able to get a 1680x1050 HDMI display, a Mini and an XBox 360 for less than the entry iMac and I should be able to use the HDMI display for the 360 too.

Question now is when is this long awaited update due? Tuesday?
post #73 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

The smartest thing they could do would be to dump the form factor and make the damn thing big enough to use desktop parts, specifically a 3.5 hard drive and a desktop optical drive. But they haven't ever been smart with this model.

At the very least, up the ram. And dual monitor support would be huge.

I have a mini and I like it, but I have to admit I'd rather see apple just dump the model in favor of a larger (and better...and probably cheaper as well) unit.

Yes, that really is the one glaring mistake with the mini... Apple squeezed the dimensions so hard that they put the machine into a very unfavorable situation with cost/performance tradeoffs. If for no other reason than that, the mini should get a 3.5" HDD and seeing that the Apple TV has one, so should the next mini.

Let's hope the engineering team really is going to pull the trigger with an new case. The current case is what keeps the mini from being all that it could be and consumers would like it to be.
post #74 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by polvadis View Post

I considered a Mini for a while but then found a deal on a used iMac and picked that up instead. But no matter how "cool" the Mac is, I can't seem to get away from my AMD PC. It's gotten to the point where I do all my Torrenting, movie watching via HDMI to TV, movie file converting, even iTunes, I simply do it more efficiently on my PC.

So to put it clearly, after giving a Mac a try, I'm simply not that impressed.

Enjoy your virii.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #75 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

If for no other reason than that, the mini should get a 3.5" HDD and seeing that the Apple TV has one, so should the next mini.

Let's hope the engineering team really is going to pull the trigger with an new case. The current case is what keeps the mini from being all that it could be and consumers would like it to be.

The AppleTV has a 2.5" 40 or 160GB HDD; Time Capsule has the 3.5" 500 or 1000GB HDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Enjoy your [viruses].
post #76 of 290
Quote:

For graphics work, frankly I'd rather use a Wacom-style pressure sensitive pen. Poking at a screen with your fingers all day is not something I'd look forward to.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #77 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsquires View Post

You can always pick up an external DVD burner/drive and attach via USB or firewire. Most drives will work with OS X directly or at least with Toast. You can also get a Super Drive and replace the combo drive in the mini if you feel comfortable with pulling one apart or have someone do it for you at a local Mac shop that does repairs.

I have a C2D Mini, with an external DVD burner (that I pulled from my PC desktop), and it was cheap, and it does well. The case cost like $25 through newegg, couldn't be happier with it.

But adding external devices, to a small, confined device, makes the whole aesthetic moot IMO.

I agree with minderbinder, but Apple is probably too dense/full of "form factor > all smugness, to notice the market that doesn't want an AIO or a laptop, but wants something more than a Mini and can't rationalize (or afford) the Mac Pro.
post #78 of 290
O.K PEOLPE THE MINI MAC IS GOING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE MAC BOOK AIR ,
post #79 of 290
I'd like to have it big enough for desktop components and yet reduce the footprint. How about a vertical mini? The PS3 proves that vertical slot-loading optical drives work fine. A vertical mini would have better cooling, especially if it had aluminum sides, like even cheap external HD enclosures do today. I've never really liked the footprint of the mini. You can't stack anything on top of it without adversely affecting cooling, so even though it's not very thick, you lose any air rights over it. You could put it on top of something else, I guess.

Switching to desktop components could let Apple make the $499 mini many people have asked for. 3.5" hard drives, desktop CPUs and standard DIMMs rather than SO-DIMMs all cost less than the components used in the current mini. I sure wouldn't mind stuffing a terabyte drive inside a mini instead of the four USB externals and their jungle of cables that I have to suffer right now for 2.25TB.

And why is Apple so damn stingy with USB ports? Even cheap PC mobos have eight or ten ports, while Apple gives us only four. Wasn't Apple the forward-looking company that first put USB ports on all its models? Yet they seem to be saying that we don't need that many USB devices. Not all of us want to go Bluetooth and have to worry about more batteries in our mice and keyboards.

As for Firewire 800, it's history. Let it go. Apple would be much better off putting in an eSATA port. There are already some people who added it to the current mini and it's a lot faster than FW800. Two of my external enclosures already have eSATA connectors and I'd love to use them instead of adding yet another 7-port USB hub.
post #80 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple Inc.'s Mac mini, a tiny desktop system previously pegged for extinction, won't fade into the distance after all, at least not yet.

International resellers have recently begun clearing stock of existing iMac models in anticipation of the update.

Of all the Apple computers that I have owned (from the beginning of the line), this is the one that non-Apple users are most surprised (impressed) by. In my scientific work, this is the perfect system. I am very pleased that I have put the mini to use. (I have Ubuntu running quite well on it too - not as nice as OS X but interesting).
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Eating our words: Apple's Mac mini to rock on