post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I meant make the app intuitive enough to be simple for the end user. In other words, can the very old and very young understand it with little to no instruction.

Agreed. Still, we're entering a new multi-touchy world. If you look at all the gestures in Apple's recent patent filings, I would be hard pressed to call them all "intuitive." I'd much rather have a slightly convoluted implementation of C&P, than not have the functionality at all!

Quote:

I see your point, but this is a phone and expecting the same exact functionality as home computer just isn't going to ever make you happy.

I'm not though. I don't expect to edit images, websites, videos or audio files on my phone. I don't expect to be able to do page layout... but moving a bit of text around should surely be within its capabilities.

Quote:

I use Mobile Safari to look up a location and then click to call or click to look up in Google Maps on the iPhone.

Yes, that case works. The case that doesn't work is when the address is embedded in page text you are already viewing. I often run into this after doing a search, browsing a site, and then getting to its "contact us" page.

I like your solution fine... I think there are many solutions that would be acceptable. That's my point: Apple just needs to buckle down, decide how this is going to work, and do it.