or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where Does the GOP Find These People?

Where Does the GOP Find These People? - Page 6

post #201 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Don't work so hard to prove my point.

Funny, you denied my point that you just don't like me in a post full of personal animosity.

"Waspy upbringing?"

Can the bitter troll get any more bitter?
post #202 of 518
You still think it is all about you?

Game, set, match.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #203 of 518
Dude, which is it with you? Are you being snarky today or serious today? Because we can't seem to keep your patronizing straight.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #204 of 518
Scott Muschany (R) indicted for raping his mistresses' 14 yr-old daughter while she watched!

Quote:
"In 2006, Muschany was a co-sponsor of legislation that toughened sex offender laws."

Readers who bravely read the whole article will be rewarded with this line at the end. God Almighty, what a douche bag.*

Well, innocent until proven a douche bag.
post #205 of 518
CBSNews

Former Gov. James E. McGreevey (missing D) owes his wife some alimony after cheating on her with his gay lover whom he also gave an undeserved state job.

Those D's are still missing when a Democrat is involved.

post #206 of 518
Cheating on somebody and raping somebody are two different levels.

Lying and then causing death is yet another level.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #207 of 518
You are welcome to show where I equated the two.

post #208 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

CBSNews

Former Gov. James E. McGreevey (missing D) owes his wife some alimony after cheating on her with his gay lover whom he also gave an undeserved state job.

Those D's are still missing when a Democrat is involved.

You should start a thread for this and stop polluting my thread with your missing Ds.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #209 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

You should start a thread for this and stop polluting my thread with your missing Ds.

Just perused CNN's timeline on recent sex scandals and noticed that there was similar treatment to both D's and R's, with the party affiliation appearing at some point in the first two paragraphs.

post #210 of 518
Quote:

I would but I already start too many according to some. Plus wannabe moderators would just report it as needing to be merged so.... deal with it. Two threads with the exact same type of content but different parties being the only difference would be bad.

post #211 of 518
FFS, McGreevey was a governor, not a legislator:

Chicago Manual of Style
Quote:
8.25Civil titles
the president; George Washington, first president of the United States; President Washington; the presidency; presidential; the Washington administration (see also 8.23); Chandrika Kumaratunga, president of Sri Lanka; President Kumaratunga or Mrs. Kumaratunga
the vice president; Richard Cheney, vice president of the United States; Vice President Cheney; vice-presidential duties; Jorge Quiroga, vice president of Bolivia; Vice President Quiroga

the senator; the senator from West Virginia; Senator Robert C. Byrd; Senators Byrd and Trent; Sen. John Glenn, Democrat from Ohio (or D-OH; see 15.31)
the representative; the congressman; the congresswoman; Henry Hyde, representative from Illinois or congressman from Illinois; Congressman Hyde or Rep. Henry Hyde (R-IL) or Rep. Henry Hyde (R-Ill.); Maxine Waters, representative from California; Congresswoman Waters; the congresswoman or the representative; Representatives Hyde and Waters
the Speaker; Dennis Hastert, Speaker of the House of Representatives; Speaker Hastert (Speaker is traditionally capitalized)
the governor; Ruth Ann Minner, governor of the state of Delaware; Governor Minner
the mayor; Richard M. Daley, mayor of Chicago; Mayor Daley
post #212 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Just perused CNN's timeline on recent sex scandals and noticed that there was similar treatment to both D's and R's, with the party affiliation appearing at some point in the first two paragraphs.

Yes, that's the trouble with cherry picking articles rather than looking at something objectively, isn't it?
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #213 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

FFS, McGreevey was a governor, not a legislator:

Chicago Manual of Style

Never really thought about that before.
post #214 of 518
Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse.
post #215 of 518
Yeah, but it's not racist, or anything:

They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #216 of 518
post #217 of 518
At some point during the McCain campaign we've passed through the cynically expedient, the relativistic postmodern, or even the whirligig, and straight into a world of worthless, contemptible, zombie husks.

Dead people. Animated only by ambition, resentment and fear.
post #218 of 518
I mean, it's like "liars and hypocrites" are even operative descriptions, since those words presume some level of consciousness and interiority.
post #219 of 518
The Justice Department acted improperly (go figure) in the judge firings, but no legal proceedings, yet.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...ED211387P9.DTL

The WH had a big hand in this.

post #220 of 518
BREAKING: CA GOP Vote Registration Contractor Arrested for Registration Fraud, Perjury

Quote:
This just in as Brad is headed over to the FOXNews studios. Yesterday the Los Angeles Times reported on the Republican voter registration outfit who had allegedly been illegally changing thousands of registrations from Democratic to Republican.

Last night the head of that GOP backed group, Mark Anthony Jacoby of Young Political Majors (YPM), was arrested by the California State Election Fraud Taskforce and Oxnard, CA Police.

According to CA SoS Debra Bowen's press release, Jacoby himself had committed voter registration fraud and perjury by lying on his own voter registration form. (That's similar to what Ann Coulter did, though she not only committed felony voter registration fraud, she also committed actual voter fraud, as well, even though such fraud is exceedingly rare.)

And this idiot was doing this in California, a state the democrats have basically locked up. The stupidity of these people never ceases to amaze me.
post #221 of 518
YPM operates in several states.
post #222 of 518
...and, it turns out, this isn't' the first time that they've gotten into trouble.
post #223 of 518
This is all just a distraction from what voters want to talk about. People care about the economy not ACRON oops I mean YPM ...
post #224 of 518
It's amazing how the Republicans thrash about like kindergarten kids over Acorn as if only the other side does an wrong and then one of their own is actually arrested for the same thing and they raise a fuss if anybody even mentions it.

Just another smoke screen so that the failings of the Repugs hopefully go unnoticed.

Problem is, the Repugs will try to steal this election as they did the last two, and will try to make it look like the Dems were the bad ones.

I wonder if Bachmann wants to investigate this character to see if he is pro or anti Amerika.

post #225 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

It's amazing how the Republicans thrash about like kindergarten kids over Acorn as if only the other side does an wrong and then one of their own is actually arrested for the same thing and they raise a fuss if anybody even mentions it.

Just another smoke screen so that the failings of the Repugs hopefully go unnoticed.

Problem is, the Repugs will try to steal this election as they did the last two, and will try to make it look like the Dems were the bad ones.

I wonder if Bachmann wants to investigate this character to see if he is pro or anti Amerika.

unless I've missed something, ACORN has been accused of allowing people to sign fake names on the registration sheets (which they are required to do), then flagging those fake applications, and then turning those applications in, where they will hopefully be filtered out.

YPM told people they were signing petitions when in fact they were changing their voter registration from Dem to Rep.
post #226 of 518
Quote:

unless I've missed something, ACORN has been accused of allowing people to sign fake names on the registration sheets (which they are required to do), then flagging those fake applications, and then turning those applications in, where they will hopefully be filtered out.

YPM told people they were signing petitions when in fact they were changing their voter registration from Dem to Rep.

In fact, if one where to do something outlandish like, I dunno, look at the actual pattern of convictions for voting fraud, as opposed to the pattern of accusations, one would be obliged to note that, despite the Bush Justice Department making Democratic "voter fraud" job one, there have been no significant findings of systemic fraud.

I mean, they were firing federal prosecutors that were insufficiently zealous on this count, so it certainly wasn't for lack of trying. The current FBI probe into ACORN appears to be more of the same.

Even if we credit each and every conviction the Republicans have come up with as an incidence of "voter fraud", we're talking about a handful of illicit votes, nationwide, over a four year period.

Meanwhile, Republican voter suppression campaigns have demonstrably robbed tens of thousands of citizens of their voting rights. That's a fact.

So there's a shocker: another beloved cornerstone of the right's world view built on overt lies and aggressive dishonesty.

Actually, and maybe this is for another thread, are there any central ideas in winger land that aren't built on overt lies and aggressive dishonesty, at this point? Serious question.
post #227 of 518
Quote:

ACRON employees fill out the fakes too. They submit thousands of fakes across many states, conspiracy. There's already votes in Ohio using faked registrations. But what to do with thousands of fakes? I guess we'll find out if a swing state is close.

This is all so childish. Their accusations of fraud are a distraction but our accusations of fraud are real.

It's like you guys want to pull a Palin, "Well gosh darn it don't ya know ACORN was snookered by some people and golly they have to submit thousands and thousands of faked registrations because jeepers creepers that's the law. Just fallowin' the law."
post #228 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

ACRON employees fill out the fakes too. They submit thousands of fakes across many states, conspiracy. There's already votes in Ohio using faked registrations. But what to do with thousands of fakes? I guess we'll find out of a swing state is close.

This is all so childish. Their accusations of fraud are a distraction but our accusations of fraud are real.

It's like you guys want to pull a Palin, "Well gosh darn it don't ya know ACORN was snookered by some people and golly they have to submit thousands and thousands of faked registrations because jeepers creepers that's the law. Just fallowin' the law."

Yep, that's how it's done: wildly inflated allegations without any evidence passed around amongst the faithful like treasured heirlooms.

Because convictions are no more convincing that allegations.
post #229 of 518
ACORN's fraud is clear and wide spread. But it's not going to matter because an Obama AG is NOT going after ACORN.
post #230 of 518
Quote:

ACORN's fraud is clear and wide spread. But it's not going to matter because and Obama AG is NOT going after ACORN.

If it's clear and widespread than I'm sure you can provide us with links that explain how sending in flagged problem registrations, as required by law, is going to influence the election.

The point is to influence the election, right? Otherwise "voter fraud" is sort of pointless.

So, just provide some evidence.
post #231 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

If it's clear and widespread than I'm sure you can provide us with links that explain how sending in flagged problem registrations, as required by law, is going to influence the election.

The point is to influence the election, right? Otherwise "voter fraud" is sort of pointless.

So, just provide some evidence.

Oh I have many times. You guys are just so sold in the lie that ACORN is "just doin' their job" when they fake and submit thousands of registrations.

Read here here here here here here (just to link to some). You just have to read news and pay attention. The mains (tankers) are suppressing this story as much as they can.

What makes you think ACORN flags all their fakes? Are they going to cooperate with the FBI to find out who signed all these? Who knows and who cares, Obama will sink any real investigation.

Plus I'll add the time honored .... "If the republicans had done this you guys would be enraged."
post #232 of 518
Quote:

Oh I have many times. You guys are just so sold in the lie that ACORN is "just doin' their job" when they fake and submit thousands of registrations.

Read here here here here here here (just to link to some). You just have to read news and pay attention. The mains (tankers) are suppressing this story as much as they can.

What makes you think ACORN flags all their fakes? Are they going to cooperate with the FBI to find out who signed all these? Who knows and who cares, Obama will sink any real investigation.

Plus I'll add the time honored .... "If the republicans had done this you guys would be enraged."

Yes, those are links to stories that explain that among the millions of voter registrations ACORN has submitted, some thousands have been found to be fake.

We know that, by law, ACORN is obliged to submit every registration is receives. We know that ACORN pays people modestly, to get registrations, so clearly some of those people have defrauded ACRON by not doing their job.

Since you've implicitly acknowledged that ACORN has been, in fact, flagging "problem" registrations, I guess I'm left to assume that the "scandal" looks like this:

ACORN flags some, but not all, bogus registrations, so that some fraction of these bogus registrations might then..... do what? Mickey Mouse isn't going to get to vote. "John Q. Citizen" isn't going to get to vote. People don't get to vote multiple times.

So how does this scam work, exactly?
post #233 of 518
ACORN is the victim of the fraud here. They want more voters and the fraudulent registrations does (will) not provide that.
post #234 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

ACORN is the victim of the fraud here. They want more voters and the fraudulent registrations does (will) not provide that.

Right, that's the central point. The only possible point of a "scam" is to get Obama elected. The only way to do that is to get more votes for him, or fewer votes for McCain.

That being the case, the least effective way to achieve such an end is to turn in a bunch of fraudulent registrations. Plain old polling place standards make it very unlikely that a fraudulent registration turns into a fraudulent vote.

Meanwhile, the Republican Party has made voter disenfranchisement (the "fewer votes for the other guy" option) a central part of their electoral strategy. Compared to the tens of thousands of voters that will actually not be allowed to vote, for no better reason than their middle initial on their registration doesn't match a DMV record or they moved to a new house recently or a clerk mis-entered some information, ACORN are pikers. Amateurs.

But of course, we already know all this because the liberal media has been so reluctant to touch the ACORN story and have been giving a lot of time to Republican disenfranchisement schemes.
post #235 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

How can they be a victim on their own fraud?
post #236 of 518
Quote:

How can they be a victim on their own fraud?

I bet you can reason it out if you try real hard.

Still waiting on an explanation as to how fraudulent registrations turn into fraudulent votes.
post #237 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I bet you can reason it out if you try real hard.

Still waiting on an explanation as to how fraudulent registrations turn into fraudulent votes.

Why does it even matter? But since you ask ... Absentee ballots, fake voters showing up, provisional ballots, election day injunctions for [insert bullshit here], bogus charges of voter suppression, create chaos in elections office to facilitate other illegal efforts.

ACORN did the exact same thing in different states nation wide. This is not an accident or "gosh we were taken by dishonest people". It's a conspiracy plain and simple. Good thing they have noncritical supports to run interference for them.
post #238 of 518
Quote:

Why does it even matter? But since you ask ... Absentee ballots, fake voters showing up, provisional ballots, election day injunctions for [insert bullshit here], bogus charges of voter suppression, create chaos in elections office to facilitate other illegal efforts.

ACORN did the exact same thing in different states nation wide. This is not an accident or "gosh we were taken by dishonest people". It's a conspiracy plain and simple. Good thing they have noncritical supports to run interference for them.

OK, now show me some evidence that any of that is happening/has happened.

As far as "creating chaos in elections to facilitate other illegal efforts", you've got to be fucking kidding me.

post #239 of 518
Let's say I'm some smuch looking for a minimum wage temporary job. And let's say I get hired as a temp by ACORN to go out and get as many new registrants as I can. You know the drill? Stand outside the grocery stores and banks.

But let's say ACORN says they'll pay me by the name. At let's say I'm a real lazy bastard. What's to stop me from opening the phone book and jotting down as many names and addresses as I can? What to stop me from making up names? I just want to get paid, right? I just want to work as little as possible.

THAT'S how Acorn got screwed. And it happens all the time. And it happens with EVERY company that registers voters. Period. And they are required by law to turn in every registration sheet and flag the ones they believe are phony.

What's so hard to understand about all of this? Seriously?
post #240 of 518
Hate You Can Believe In: ACORN Deluged with Threatening and Racist Voicemails and Emails

Quote:
Its bad enough that the employees of ACORN have had to endure days of baseless and outlandish attacks by John McCain and the RNC. But after McCain outrageously claimed before a national audience on Wednesday night that ACORN was maybe perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in voter history in this country, maybe destroying the fabric of democracy, the group came under attack, literally. In the following days, ACORNs Boston and Seattle offices were vandalized and at least one employee received a death threat.

And for nearly two weeks, ACORN offices across the nation have been subjected to an onslaught of racist and threatening voicemails and emails. We have secured copies of some of the most disturbing and offensive messages and have reproduced them below in order to show the very real consequences of the Right Wings overheated and misplaced voter fraud rhetoric.

Warning: the emails and voicemails below are highly explicit and have only been edited to remove personally identifying information. Please also note that, where relevant, the proper authorities have been notified.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where Does the GOP Find These People?