or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where Does the GOP Find These People?

Where Does the GOP Find These People? - Page 8

post #281 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Obama Does Not Support Return of Fairness Doctrine

Next?

That may be what he says but he aint the only one pulling the strings.
post #282 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

And you call me conspiracy theorist...\
post #283 of 518
Quote:

Obama Does Not Support Return of Fairness Doctrine

Next?

Damn. I wish he did.

I'm a strong supporter of the First Amendment, but since broadcast bandwidth is a limited public resource, leased to private business, I have no problem with the public, as represented through its government, setting some reasonable terms on how that limited resource is used so that monied interests don't get to dominate the power of the airwaves with content that largely serves the private political and economic interests of those who can buy up most of the available bandwidth.

Obama could be on to something, however, in considering the issue a distraction and hoping for technology to democratize media access in ways that circumvent the advantage in reaching and influencing the public that media companies currently enjoy.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #284 of 518
Quote:

I'm interested in the theory that any belief at all can be ascribed to Obama, regardless of what he explicitly says, because there are shadowy powers behind him that serve as a Rorschach test for crazy people.

Shit, why leave it at something as small bore as the Fairness Doctrine? Isn't it possibly true that Obama intends to suspend the Constitution and declare himself supreme ruler of all mankind? On account of the secret cabal that pulls his strings?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #285 of 518
post #286 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I'm interested in the theory that any belief at all can be ascribed to Obama, regardless of what he explicitly says, because there are shadowy powers behind him that serve as a Rorschach test for crazy people.

Shit, why leave it at something as small bore as the Fairness Doctrine? Isn't it possibly true that Obama intends to suspend the Constitution and declare himself supreme ruler of all mankind? On account of the secret cabal that pulls his strings?

And Floorjack has the balls to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about or don't have the knowledge of the topic, yet espouses the winger responses to just about everything anti Obama, anti Democratic, with no evidence, just opinion.

Sound familiar?

Leave the thread when everything you state falls apart when exposed as willful agenda driven bull.

Any true right wingers lurking here that could possibly raise the level of discussion here?
Please, this is too easy.
post #287 of 518
And Stevens pulls a Palin:

Quote:
"I've not been convicted yet," Stevens said Thursday in a meeting with the editorial board of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner. "There's not a black mark by my name yet, until the appeal is over and I am finally convicted, if that happens. If that happens, of course I'll do what's right for Alaska and for the Senate. ... I don't anticipate it happening, and until it happens I do not have a black mark."

Stevens reiterated that position during a televised debate late Thursday night, declaring early in the give-and-take with Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich, "I have not been convicted of anything."

versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytimes

The jury of District of Columbia residents convicted Mr. Stevens, 84, on all seven felony counts he faced in connection with charges that he knowingly failed to list on Senate disclosure forms the receipt of some $250,000 in gifts and services used to renovate his home in Girdwood, Alaska.

Very happy to have been cleared of all wrongdoing, there.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #288 of 518
Straight form the Palin Book of Understandings.

---

Eagleburger, one of the five former Secs of State whom McCain had a hard time remembering the other day, has now come out against Palin. Given time, she could learn a little and become "adequately" ready for the job...

The countdown begins till he's dubbed a D.

---

Palin opposes defense cuts such as Obama has suggested and attacked him earlier today on this issue. Sadly for her, McCain has called for cuts in the defense budget, too. What is the position on defense cuts for the McCain platform?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #289 of 518
I think what we'll see when Obama tries to appoint someone to head the FCC will be a lot of chatter about "enforcing the laws on the books" vis a vis the fairness doctrine. It'll be a nice good cop bad cop performance between Obama and congress where both get what they want but one can pretend to be the good guy.
post #290 of 518
Quote:

I think what we'll see when Obama tries to appoint someone to head the FCC will be a lot of chatter about "enforcing the laws on the books" vis a vis the fairness doctrine. It'll be a nice good cop bad cop performance between Obama and congress where both get what they want but one can pretend to be the good guy.

Is the Fairness Doctrine suddenly a horseman of the apocalypse?

Are potential examples of possible Democratic misdeeds so thin on the ground that people on the right are obliged to start obsessing about the fucking Fairness Doctrine?

My God people, don't you see it? An Obama presidency would involve slightly less regressive taxation, somewhat less bellicose foreign policy, energy policy not entirely written by oil companies, and, and, I can barely bring myself to say it, some enforcement of the Fairness Doctrine!

Do you not understand the jackbooted death camp you are about to usher in?
post #291 of 518
How to motivate Repugs in Georgia to vote:

"The other people are voting."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us...=1&oref=slogin

post #292 of 518
Video of a lady who refused to give Halloween candy to children of Obama supporters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_140075.html

Sick.

(The video actually comes from Fox News, which lately has been having to try to cover up for some of the filth that is out there)

EDIT: I linked to the above article which shows a Fox broadcast of the lady spewing her filth because there was raw video. There are many links to other news sources but they tend to be just print; the video shows so much more vividly how horrible this woman is.

post #293 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Fox News reports on a lady who refused to give Halloween candy to children of Obama supporters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_140075.html

Sick.

OMFG Faux News? What a lie!
post #294 of 518
Quote:

Did you bother to click and watch the video (which is the reason I linked to that one)?

If you don't want the Fox version, here's the AP:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...9iaGAD946BQD01
TV station WJBK says a sign outside Nagel's house warned: "No handouts for Obama supporters, liars, tricksters or kids of supporters."

That's the spirit!

God Bless Republikan Amerika and the Luv they try to spread to all of God's creatures

post #295 of 518
It wasn't "Fox News" but a local Fox affiliate.
post #296 of 518
Quote:

WHEEE! I just love to spin! WHEEE!
post #297 of 518
Music, lights and lies

post #298 of 518
Quote:

Why even bother posting a reply?

You really aren't helping your, or the rights cause.
post #299 of 518
Joe the Plumber questions Obama's loyalty.

John McCain made this extremist buffoon his surrogate. John McCain is a cynical, craven asshole. Joe the Plumber is an ignorant, dangerous asshole.

If we really had a liberal media, or even a professional adult media, this guy would never be allowed near a television camera.

Maybe next time the Republican candidate can anoint someone who believes non-whites spread disease and Jews are putting fluoride in the water, and we can be privy to that person's musings.

Hell, odds are the next Republican candidate will make that person his running mate.
post #300 of 518
California GOP Files FEC Complaint Over Obama Visit to Grandmother

Quote:
Perhaps the most ill-timed press release of the 2008 campaign arrived shortly after 1:30 p.m. today, sent by the Republican National Committee.

The release forwarded word that the California Republican Party filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, in part because of a visit Sen. Barack Obama made to his dying grandmother.

"Obama for America violated federal law by converting its campaign funds to Senator Obama's personal use," the release stated. "Senator Obama recently traveled to Hawaii to visit his sick grandmother. This was the right thing for any grandson to do -- at his own expense -- but it was not travel that his campaign may fund."

At issue was whether the trip should have been paid for with campaign funds, based on the law that forbids candidates from using such funds to pay for personal travel. The Obama campaign said the trip had been vetted with lawyers beforehand and was allowable. The Republicans argued that, because Obama did not campaign during the quick journey to Hawaii, it should not have been a campaign expense.

But filing the complaint today now seems to have been ill-advised, if not legally, then certainly politically.

Obama and his sister released a statement this afternoon announcing that their grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, died peacefully after a battle with cancer.

Where do they find these morons?
post #301 of 518
Jesus Christ these people are stupid.

McCain team sells Blackberry full of contacts, emails

Lucky it went to a Fox Reporter, otherwise, we'd have plenty of juicy evidence to mull over.
post #302 of 518
And the guy running for RNC chair makes a musical CD..... full of racism and other beautiful, wonderful, Christian attitudes.
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...008-12-26.html

What is this might Christian nation the GOP wants to build? A place built on hate, ignorance and intolerance?

Sara Palin comes to mind.

post #303 of 518
Have you heard the recording and are declaring it racist or are you just declaring it such because of the parties involved? Since you clearly have heard it, tell me what is racist about it. The article doesn't call it racist, but controversial. The controversy being that Republicans put forward something that is satire when we all know only Bill Maher, John Stewart and the Colbert Report are allowed to do that.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #304 of 518
Here are the lyrics to that song:

Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.
The L.A. Times, they called him that
'Cause he's not authentic like me.

Yeah, the guy from the L.A. paper
Said he makes guilty whites feel good
They'll vote for him, and not for me
'Cause he's not from the hood.

See, real black men, like Snoop Dog,
Or me, or Farrakhan
Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.
Not come in late and won!

Refrain:
Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.
'Cause he's black, but not authentically.

(repeat Refrain)

Some say Barack's "articulate"
And bright and new and "clean"
The media sure loves this guy,
A white interloper's dream!

But, when you vote for president,
Watch out, and don't be fooled!
Don't vote the Magic Negro in
'Cause... (music stops, Sharpton rants, music returns)

Nah it's not racist. Just a song about Obama not being 'black enough' and it's the only imaginable reason why white people would have voted for him. And they call him a negro. Not racist at all.
post #305 of 518
Quote:

And the guy running for RNC chair makes a musical CD..... full of racism and other beautiful, wonderful, Christian attitudes.
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...008-12-26.html

What is this might Christian nation the GOP wants to build? A place built on hate, ignorance and intolerance?

Sara Palin comes to mind.

They just keep digging themselves deeper.

Quote:
“Barack the Magic Negro” — was intended as a joke.

Sung to the tune of " Puff The Magic Dragon ".

Man! Where do they find these people?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #306 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Here are the lyrics to that song:

Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.
'Cause he's not authentic like me.

Yeah, the guy from the L.A. paper
Said he makes guilty whites feel good
They'll vote for him, and not for me
'Cause he's not from the hood.

See, real black men, like Snoop Dog,
Or me, or Farrakhan
Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.
Not come in late and won!

Refrain:
Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.
'Cause he's black, but not authentically.

(repeat Refrain)

Some say Barack's "articulate"
And bright and new and "clean"
The media sure loves this guy,
A white interloper's dream!

But, when you vote for president,
Watch out, and don't be fooled!
Don't vote the Magic Negro in
'Cause... (music stops, Sharpton rants, music returns)

Nah it's not racist. Just a song about Obama not being 'black enough' and it's the only imaginable reason why white people would have voted for him. And they call him a negro. Not racist at all.

You appear not to understand that the term was coined by Spike Lee and is a form of cultural criticism.

The song appears to take the perspective of someone who is full black complaining about someone half black getting more trust, benefits and acceptance by white America aka making that cultural criticism. That is not a new or controversial position either in fact it is also a position Spike Lee dealt with in School Daze.

Finally the song notes "the man from the LA Paper" because a column addressed these points at length as well. It asked what is white American really thinking about when they are voting for Barack Obama. That point again, is legitimate.

How is noting that racist? The points are completely legitimate. Noting that black achievement is often tied to lightening of skin color is legitimate as well. Many articles addressed the fact that Obama's "blackness" was not from slave ancestry but direct from Africa and as such he was not the same as others with true historical grievance. The entire early campaign (the same time frame of the song in question) had hundreds of articles examining Obama's "blackness" and the nature of it, whether it would help or hurt, whether he would gain acceptance from African-Americans when his lineage was not the same, etc.

All the points are legit and even the sources being lampooned as complaining are legit. You just don't like the source or maybe you weren't aware of the source. The message of the song is simple. Americans haven't given up racism, they are just voting for a friendly, accessible half-black man that will solve all their problems.

post #307 of 518
What's the problem? Barack is a "Magic Negro". Or actually "the Magic African-American". Maybe the "Magic Halfrican-American". How about the "President-Elect Negro"...

It's ok guys. It's not meant to be racist. \

Meanwhile...

There is absolutely no way in hell another Bush will ever be president. Just no way at all.

But some people are sooo stupid.
post #308 of 518
I would like to see more mass-distributed jokes by Republicans that feature the word "negro" and then require a whole bunch of parsing to explain why they are not racist.

kthnxbye!
post #309 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I would like to see more mass-distributed jokes by Republicans that feature the word "negro" and then require a whole bunch of parsing to explain why they are not racist.

kthnxbye!

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Republicans are still playing the "irritate liberals" game while remaining weirdly oblivious to the damage all the har-dee-har backslapping is doing to their electoral fortunes. Ya'll can read the demographic writing on the wall, right?

They run shit like this and then complain that black folk are stupid to vote Democratic, or addicted to entitlements, or some shit.

How about: the Republican Party's official voice is amazingly hostile to people of color, and telling those people some long story about how using the same words or phrases that they do makes being amazingly offensive perfectly legitimate, and if they don't get that it's just because of political correctness, is not a very workable plan for winning over an ever growing chunk of voters.

And throwing in even more amazingly offensive shit when you go to explain how liberals are the real racists is probably not a great idea.

Just generally it's a really bad idea to tell other people what they are and are not allowed to be offended by, and you certainly would be wise to refrain from insulting them while telling them what they can and cannot be offended by.
post #310 of 518
This EQ is on the level of a kindergarten, and this creep is running for chair of the RNC!

post #311 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt

This is so inappropriate that it should disqualify any Republican National Committee candidate who would use it, Newt Gingrich, a Republican former House speaker, said in an e-mail message. Referring to Mr. Obama, Mr. Gingrich said, There are no grounds for demeaning him or for using racist descriptions.

Link.
post #312 of 518
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/...ong/index.html

Quote:
RNC chairman condemns controversial Obama song

From that article :
Quote:
Also Saturday, Peter Yarrow, who co-wrote "Puff the Magic Dragon," called Saltsman's decision to distribute the parody tune "offensive," and "shocking and saddening in the extreme."

"It is almost unimaginable to me," Yarrow wrote in a statement sent to CNN, that Saltsman "would seriously be considered for the top post of the Republican National Committee. Puff, himself, if asked, would certainly agree."

Yarrow, a member of the 1960s folk group Peter, Paul and Mary, was a contributor to Obama's presidential campaign.

There's no way to defend this crap! But it does point out a thing or two about some of the people floating around in today's republican party and their values.

It's those people who'll either have to change their tune or go before Republicans can be seriously considered for the Whitehouse in the future. Americans have just had enough!

And need I add the election's over, they lost, and it's still raining gasoline.
post #313 of 518
So I guess the real question is: how long before Trumptman throws Newt under the bus?
post #314 of 518
post #315 of 518
Reasonable liberal commentator Addabox had this to say:

Quote:
Trumptman's so called "confusion" seems awfully convenient, in the face of this widening scandal. The American people deserve and demand more than vaguely worded responses like "I have no idea what you're talking about" and "Nice rant."

Look, let me be clear: I could care less if Trumptman has engaged in bus throwing with Mr. Gingrich. That is their right, and, my personal distaste notwithstanding, none of our business.

But I do wonder what it says about his character when he engages in this kind of obfuscation and legalistic bewilderment. He could put the matter to rest, once and for all, if he would simply produce the bus, subject to independent examination. Yet he chooses silence.

Why?
post #316 of 518
Quote:

Where Does the GOP Find These People?

But, but, Trickle down???????????

My how times have changed! But it just goes to show Trickle down is just a bunch of crap!

They'll say anything!
post #317 of 518
Well-respected leftist forum poster midwinter, commenting from his secure bunker in the heart of the mid-south, added the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

While I can understand the tremendous anxiety about the current not-under-bus state of Rahm Emmanuel, I am more concerned that the Republicans have co-opted a liberal bastion--mass transit--in what is a clear attempt to transforms the public's perception of buses into things under which people are to be thrown. It is incredibly important that the GOP stay with what it knows: throwing people under the gulfstream, under the yacht, or under the limousine. With that said, now that the GOP is quickly emerging as little more than a regional party, perhaps they could also add "toss Rahm Emmanuel under the mobile home."

Along the same lines, it is important for Democrats to avoid such usage. As such, Newt Gingrich would need to be thrown under something much different than a bus. Perhaps under a sack of 401K quarterly reports or Rush Limbaugh.
post #318 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

But, but, Trickle down???????????

My how times have changed! But it just goes to show Trickle down is just a bunch of crap!

Clearly the slide downhill into Republicanism was an early symptom of Alzheimer's.

Quote:
They'll say anything!

I know, and his rebuttal later on was shear genius too. Gotta hand it to him, those Hollywood years came in handy.
post #319 of 518
Post removed to save an inevitable infraction.
post #320 of 518
Quote:

What's the problem? Barack is a "Magic Negro". Or actually "the Magic African-American". Maybe the "Magic Halfrican-American". How about the "President-Elect Negro"...

It's ok guys. It's not meant to be racist. \

Meanwhile...

There is absolutely no way in hell another Bush will ever be president. Just no way at all.

But some people are sooo stupid.

Quote:

kthnxbye!

I didn't know that making fun of someone calling someone a controversial term gives the same intent as the actual term. I'll keep that in mind in the future whereby making fun of the KKK actually means your a member!

Great reasoning.

Quote:

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Republicans are still playing the "irritate liberals" game while remaining weirdly oblivious to the damage all the har-dee-har backslapping is doing to their electoral fortunes. Ya'll can read the demographic writing on the wall, right?

They run shit like this and then complain that black folk are stupid to vote Democratic, or addicted to entitlements, or some shit.

How about: the Republican Party's official voice is amazingly hostile to people of color, and telling those people some long story about how using the same words or phrases that they do makes being amazingly offensive perfectly legitimate, and if they don't get that it's just because of political correctness, is not a very workable plan for winning over an ever growing chunk of voters.

And throwing in even more amazingly offensive shit when you go to explain how liberals are the real racists is probably not a great idea.

Just generally it's a really bad idea to tell other people what they are and are not allowed to be offended by, and you certainly would be wise to refrain from insulting them while telling them what they can and cannot be offended by.

Keep telling yourself that because someday soon, folks are going to wake up and realize that claiming people are racist because of crap like this doesn't change the fact the people using it as a wedge haven't brought home the bacon, improved their neighborhoods or their lot in life for 50 years.

Quote:

This EQ is on the level of a kindergardener, and this creep is running for chair of the RNC!

Maybe that creep knows how to spell kindergartner.

Quote:

Link.

Newt's generational lines are showing. We should all get used to this though because anyone who says anything about Obama is racist. Why Hillary and Bill were the most racist people in the entire primary and now she (and thus he) are both just in his cabinet.

Based off actions like this
, I suspect Obama will now make Chips Saltman a member of his cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/...ong/index.html

From that article :

There's no way to defend this crap! But it does point out a thing or two about some of the people floating around in today's republican party and their values.

It's those people who'll either have to change their tune or go before Republicans can be seriously considered for the Whitehouse in the future. Americans have just had enough!

And need I add the election's over, they lost, and it's still raining gasoline.

Do you ever add anything beyond that last line to any discussion? That isn't a counter-argument.

Quote:

So I guess the real question is: how long before Trumptman throws Newt under the bus?

There isn't room to toss him under.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where Does the GOP Find These People?