or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where Does the GOP Find These People?

Where Does the GOP Find These People? - Page 13

post #481 of 518
Here's another doozy.

New York's 18th District Democratic Incumbent Nita Lowey's Republican opponent, Jim Russell, wrote an essay (PDF) for The Occidental Quarterly (a far right newsletter most consider to be extremely white supremacist in nature) in 2001, that among other things makes these statements:

Quote:
“(T.S.) Eliot described some conditions for an optimal society: ‘The population should be homogeneous. . . . What is still more important is unity of religious background; and reasons of race and culture combine to make any large number of free-thinking Jews undesirable."

Quote:
"The importance of applying eugenic measures in the West becomes evident from Richard Lynn’s recent work on Dysgenics and his just-released seminal work Eugenics: A Reassessment."

Quote:
“While liberals and universalists constantly yammer about “bringing us all together”, and how “diversity is our strength,” it may be suggested that the biological function of human language and culture is just the opposite, that is, to keep discrete groups apart.”

Wait... it gets better.
Quote:
One wonders how a child’s sexual imprinting mechanism is affected by forcible racial integration and near continual exposure to media stimuli promoting interracial contact. The most serious implication of human sexual imprinting for our genetic future is that it would establish the destructiveness of school integration, especially in the middle and high-school years. One can only wonder to what degree the advocates of school integration, such as former NAACP attorney Jack Greenberg, were conscious of this scientific concept. It also compounds the culpability of media moguls who deliberately popularize miscegenation in films directed toward adolescents and pre-adolescents. In the midst of this onslaught against our youth, parents need to be reminded that they have a natural obligation, as essential as providing food and shelter, to instill in their children an acceptance of appropriate ethnic boundaries for socialization and for marriage.

I'm waiting for Nick to come in and explain why this candidate is not, in fact, racist, and is the best candidate for the district.

Edit: I didn't notice that this was my 10,000th post.

Edit#2 - Soon after this story broke, the Occidental Quarterly took down the essay in question from its website archive, presumably to hide the truth about this candidate. Fortunately, I had kept a copy, and I have provided a new link.
post #482 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm waiting for Nick to come in and explain why this candidate is not, in fact, racist, and is the best candidate for the district.

Some of the language and terms in the quotes are very reminiscent of Scientology which hold very similar views.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #483 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Of course it's national news. The liberal media has immediately run with the liberal talking points, in a desperate effort to damage Republican candidates.

Oh, wait.

Why are you Republicans so dam stubborn??? You people sicken me with your no's all the time. At least Obama is trying.Not like the moron Bush who ruined the country for 8 years straight.
post #484 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

Why are you Republicans so dam stubborn??? You people sicken me with your no's all the time. At least Obama is trying.Not like the moron Bush who ruined the country for 8 years straight.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #485 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

What's with this rolleyes smiley today????
post #486 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

What's with this rolleyes smiley today????

Um... this time it was deserved... he didn't notice the sarcasm of the post he was quoting.
post #487 of 518
Quote:

Um... this time it was deserved... he didn't notice the sarcasm of the post he was quoting.

Precisely.

post #488 of 518

Quote:
\t
Paranoid and suspicious, Nixon, who felt that he had been betrayed by his coverage in the Los Angeles Times, named Paul Conrad on his enemies list. Here, Nixon sits surrounded by the scrolls of this list, his own worst enemy.

Los Angeles Times (1973)
Courtesy of Tribune Media Services

Nixon as Richard II
Paul Conrad
Los Angeles Times (1973)

\t
Quote:
Facing his impending impeachment and an administration marred by the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon crucifies himself on a large cross in this Easter Sunday cartoon that the Los Angeles Times refused to run, believing it was too offensive. In PAUL CONRAD: Drawing Fire, narrator Tom Brokaw says, Being unafraid of speaking truth to power is what Paul Conrad was all about, a fact soon to be made obvious to his ultimate nemesis: Richard Nixon.

Los Angeles Times (1977)

Quote:
This cartoon features Nixon caught up in spider webs spelling out the names of his aides that were providing evidence against him during the Watergate investigations. John Carroll, former Los Angeles Times editor, explained: You have to look at it twice to figure out what it is, and when you do, its just very striking.

Los Angeles Times (1972)

Nixons list of enemies loses another; Paul Conrad is deadBy ANDREW DALTON
Associated Press Writer

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) For more than half a century, Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist Paul Conrad poked fun at politicians, taking on presidents from Harry S. Truman to George W. Bush.

Conrad, who died Saturday at age 86, won the coveted prize three times for his efforts but he also made Richard Nixons enemies list.

He died at his home in the Los Angeles suburb of Rancho Palos Verdes surrounded by his family, his son David Conrad said. The death was from natural causes, David Conrad said, but he did not offer specifics.

Conrad worked in the heyday of political cartoonists, and he was among the elite. His three decades at the Los Angeles Times helped the newspaper raise its national profile.

His total of three Pulitzers is matched by just two other cartoonists in the Post-World War II era.

http://missoulaeditor.com/?p=2128

"No one's ever accused me of being objective...."
--Paul Conrad

MORE CONRAD
http://www.proandconrad.com/
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/paulconrad/
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #489 of 518
Quote:

Tell me, how has the "war on poverty" been going?

All one has to do is make an objective, honest observation.

tell me who wants tax cuts for the Richie Rich?

You can feel the trickle down when I piss on your head.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #490 of 518
Quote:

Here's another doozy.

New York's 18th District Democratic Incumbent Nita Lowey's Republican opponent, Jim Russell, wrote an essay (PDF) for The Occidental Quarterly (a far right newsletter most consider to be extremely white supremacist in nature) in 2001, that among other things makes these statements:

Wait... it gets better.

Edit: I didn't notice that this was my 10,000th post.

You're actually lucky I caught this as all Tonton. I've clearly been having some very busy spells away from here.

I tried clicking on your link. It brough me to the website but not to any PDF. I'll be happy to read it and comment.

HOWEVER, I can tell you before looking at it that the entire beginning of the 20th century is easily filled with all manner of leftist rhetoric that makes what you just posted completely tame in comparison. One of the many things I'm doing right now is finishing my master's and the class I'm taking covers the history and main figures of education in the United States with regard to creation of curriculum. To be polite, they were mostly a bunch of folks who justified racism using eugenics based of evolutionay beliefs.

The thinking behind it is still much of what drives the Democratic agenda today. That said I'll still comment on your link when it reappears but I'm simply trying to make you aware that it exists and is very easy to find on the left. The whole philosophy of top down decision making relates to elites telling the less capable how to live their lives. The thinking about them being less capable and mostly being various skin tones that aren't white isn't hard to find at all.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #491 of 518
Wow. Occidental Quarterly have taken it down, just as it was taken down earlier from... get this... the DAVID DUKE website (I'm not joking). Gee... I wonder why.

Oh... looksie here. Thanks to OS X, it's preserved.
post #492 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

tell me who wants tax cuts for the Richie Rich?

You can feel the trickle down when I piss on your head.

I want tax cuts for everyone who pays taxes.

Your guy is implementing trickle up poverty.

post #493 of 518
Quote:

Nice quip. Tell me if that's your view how is that any different than the Trickle down poverty that we've been enjoying?

If taxes were cut for everyone how would you pay for things in this 21rst century economy?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #494 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nice quip. Tell me if that's your view how is that any different than the Trickle down poverty that we've been enjoying?

Nice quip.

Quote:

If taxes were cut for everyone how would you pay for things?

You'd cut spending...a lot.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #495 of 518
Quote:

Are you serious? Do you really think it works that way or are you being daft? Trickle up poverty?

I've never even heard the staunchest of Austrian Economists claim that that would be a result of socially responsible economic policy.
post #496 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Nice quip.

You'd cut spending...a lot.

uh huh!
post #497 of 518
Quote:

Are you serious? Do you really think it works that way or are you being daft? Trickle up poverty?

I've never even heard the staunchest of Austrian Economists claim that that would be a result of socially responsible economic policy.

You're assuming that what we're seeing is anything in the vicinity of "socially responsible economic policy." It isn't.

post #498 of 518
Quote:

uh huh!

So, are you claiming that spending can't, won't or shouldn't be cut?

post #499 of 518
Quote:

So, are you claiming that spending can't, won't or shouldn't be cut?

No. I'm claiming you gave a really simplistic answer that really doesn't adress the original question.
post #500 of 518
Quote:

No. I'm claiming you gave a really simplistic answer that really doesn't adress the original question.

Actually it does. You just won't accept it. The answer is you pay for less things. You cut spending. You stop paying for things that the government shouldn't be paying for. It is that simple. It might be hard to achieve, but it really is that simple. Unless of course you're begging the question, which is possible.

post #501 of 518
Quote:

Actually it does. You just won't accept it. The answer is you pay for less things. You cut spending. You stop paying for things that the government shouldn't be paying for. It is that simple. It might be hard to achieve, but it really is that simple

Quote:
The answer is you pay for less things. You cut spending. You stop paying for things that the government shouldn't be paying for.

Uh yeah. That'll help. Hard doesn't begin to discribe it. many would suffer in what is already a bad situation. What do you think that would do to the economy? People who are already suffering and doing with less would have nothing. This where I parted company with the Libertarains before. They have this great idea that taxes are evil ( I don't like them either ) but don't have a good replacement for them. " Cut spending " Stop goverment intrusion ". Those are easy things to say but when you look at the fine print for an alternative method for keeping things going there's nothing there.
post #502 of 518
Quote:

Uh yeah. That'll help.

Yes, it will.

Quote:

Hard doesn't begin to discribe it. many would suffer in what is already a bad situation.

Possibly. In the immediate short term. In the longer term not so much.

Quote:

What do you think that would do to the economy?

Help it grow.

Quote:

People who are already suffering and doing with less would have nothing.

Not necessarily.

Quote:

They have this great idea that taxes are evil ( I don't like them either ) but don't have a good replacment for them. "

And the problem you have is that you assume you do need to replace them.

Quote:

Cut spending " Stop goverment intrusion ". Those are easy things to say but when you look at the fine print for an alternative there's nothing there.

That you have looked beyond a superficial analysis of this would be quite surprising to me.

post #503 of 518
Quote:

Yes, it will.

Possibly. In the immediate short term. In the longer term not so much.

Help it grow.

Not necessarily.

And the problem you have is that you assume you do need to replace them.

That you have looked beyond a superficial analysis of this would be quite surprising to me.

It's pretty obvious to many that this would just make things worse possibly throw us into a real depression and not really help things at all.

Also that " Short term " might last a very long time. Then when it makes a bigger mess of things you'll want to blame it all on Obama.
post #504 of 518
Quote:

It's pretty obvious to many...

Brilliant argument.

post #505 of 518
Quote:

Brilliant argument.

About yours I was just thinking the same thing. Full of volume short on substance.

You're recomending throwing people to the wolves to solve things ( which it won't ). Yeah I want to vote for your party ( whoever that is.... ).
post #506 of 518
Quote:

You're recomending throwing people to the wolves to solve things

No I'm not. Stop it. \

post #507 of 518
Quote:

No I'm not. Stop it. \

Quote:
It might be hard to achieve, but it really is that simple.

Uh huh. If not how would you achieve this without throwing people to the wolves?

That would be that " Hard to achieve " part. Like I said this is where I parted comapany with the Libertarians because they just couldn't get past this one. And MJ this is doubly true in the current situation.
post #508 of 518
Quote:

Uh huh. If not how would you achieve this without throwing people to the wolves?

Since I'm not suggesting (or planning on) "throwing people to the wolves," I reject the premise on which your question is based.

Quote:

That would be that " Hard to achieve " part.

The hard to achieve part is the political will to do the right thing in the face of ignorance among the populace.

post #509 of 518
Quote:

Since I'm not suggesting (or planning on) "throwing people to the wolves," I reject the premise on which your question is based.

Like I've said no answers there. Just stop paying for things and get goverment out of things and things will magically heal themselves. Oh well.
post #510 of 518
Ever heard the phrase, "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer?" Any idea how long its been around? Do you know why that phrase is so common and has been around for so long?

Because that's the way it works in a free-market system!

The reason it works that way is because the rich have the power. They don't want to allow their profits to "trickle down" if they can find an alternative. And there's always an alternative when they have the power. If there were no minimum wage, combined with no welfare, for instance, the unemployment rate would be absolutely fantastic news for the rich. The unemployment rate would FORCE the poor to take $1 an hour jobs wihout benefits, because their alternative would be living on the street and eating from garbage cans. And this is what Libertarians want. Fantastic.
post #511 of 518
Quote:

Ever heard the phrase, "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer?" Any idea how long its been around? Do you know why that phrase is so common and has been around for so long?

The reason it works that way is because the rich have the power. They don't want to allow their profits to "trickle down" if they can find an alternative. And there's always an alternative when they have the power. If there were no minimum wage, combined with no welfare, for instance, the unemployment rate would be absolutely fantastic news for the rich. The unemployment rate would FORCE the poor to take $1 an hour jobs wihout benefits, because their alternative would be living on the street and eating from garbage cans.

Exactly.
post #512 of 518
Quote:

The reason it works that way is because the rich have the power. They don't want to allow their profits to "trickle down" if they can find an alternative. And there's always an alternative when they have the power. If there were no minimum wage, combined with no welfare, for instance, the unemployment rate would be absolutely fantastic news for the rich. The unemployment rate would FORCE the poor to take $1 an hour jobs wihout benefits, because their alternative would be living on the street and eating from garbage cans.

post #513 of 518
Quote:

As you would say :

Quote:
Brilliant argument.

post #514 of 518
Quote:

As you would say :

Well, I chose the most appropriate response to such an ignorant and ill-informed post.

post #515 of 518
Time to " move on " folks! No answers here. Just the same old song and dance from the conservative end of things. Oh well.
post #516 of 518
Quote:

Well, I chose the most appropriate response to such an ignorant and ill-informed post.

And so he goes again. He has absolutely no argument against what's been said, so he simply states that his opponent is ignorant.

If he had an argument, he would state it. But he won't. Watch. As Jimmac says, "no answers here".

Free market capitalists have no answers. Just dogma.

Meanwhile, the rich keep getting richer during the economic downturn.

Count... 5. 4. 3. 2. 1...

MJ1970 attacks the source. Which would be hard, since the source is Forbes Magazine's annual non-editorial reporting of the income of the top 400 Americans.
post #517 of 518
Quote:
The top 400, all of whom are worth at least $1 billion, saw their combined wealth increase 8 percent this year, to the dizzying total of $1.37 trillion, according to analysis from CNN.

Meanwhile, according to data released last week by the Federal Reserve, the net worth of American households and non-profits in the second quarter of this year plunged 2.8 percent, or $1.52 trillion, from the previous quarter, to settle at $53.5 trillion.

Rolleyes in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1...
post #518 of 518
Quote:

And so he goes again. He has absolutely no argument against what's been said, so he simply states that his opponent is ignorant.

If he had an argument, he would state it. But he won't. Watch. As Jimmac says, "no answers here".

Free market capitalists have no answers. Just dogma.

Meanwhile, the rich keep getting richer during the economic downturn.

Count... 5. 4. 3. 2. 1...

MJ1970 attacks the source. Which would be hard, since the source is Forbes Magazine's annual non-editorial reporting of the income of the top 400 Americans.

Even if he does attack the source can he argue against the facts presented therein?

I like this one :
Quote:
Charles and David Koch, the manufacturing and energy titans and Tea Party movement bankrollers, profiled by Jane Mayer in The New Yorker last month, tied for fifth place with $21.5 billion apiece.

I don't think these items should go away so quickly so bump!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Where Does the GOP Find These People?