post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keda View Post

I'm not sure how the spammer chose this thread to bump, but its pretty interesting reading these old pre-iOS comments. If you were to mention hand writing recognition today, I doubt many people would begin thinking about Mac-oriented applications of it.

I got a kick out of this; it kinda struck me as a "flying cars" type of prediction. LOL

I've noticed that odd phenomenon of spammers reviving old threads, too. But it's always amusing and nostalgic.

Look at all the old names... Well as I sit here looking at my huge trackpad on my MacBook Pro (2010 release) I am wondering what the status is. We still can't use it for Inkwell like a tablet, right? Does anyone know if there is a "hack" to do it? I mean the trackpad is just huge. It's really great for gestures and all but it would be so cool to use it to scribble stuff. In fact, it could even be used to take notes in class. As you write, it scrolls sideways on the screen in a little popup magnifier window. Since folks back in the day responded it needs electric charge, I suppose it would require a stylus. Or maybe it could be smart enough to use the finger. Perhaps the stylus could tuck away into the side of the case or something. Thoughts?
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox