or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple's cash; new 10.5.3 seed; 3G iPhone photos; Boston store size
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's cash; new 10.5.3 seed; 3G iPhone photos; Boston store size - Page 2

post #41 of 70
Did anyone closely examine the Boston flagship photos in detail to determine if they were faked?
post #42 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post



Have you guys ever seen drilled aluminum?

That's the telltale, shiny, silver chamfer right there. It's most likely a form of baked, white powder-coating. Those images look very plausible to me. Also, they could be just playing with different colors, we may see a number of colors.

Its hard to say for sure from that it picture. It looks like a chamfer but it could be an insert . Now look at the hole for the ear speaker that is definitely a chamfer. From the pics I agree with ireland that it is most likely a powder coated aluminum case.

Good call Ireland.
Jim
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
post #43 of 70
Whatever the case, if that picture is real, then that camera lens is about twice the size of the one on the iPhone that I have right now.
post #44 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Whatever the case, if that picture is real, then that camera lens is about twice the size of the one on the iPhone that I have right now.

Well.....as Americans continue to grow in size from all those super sized fast food meals maybe Apple felt the need to put in a wide view panoramic lens.
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
post #45 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Whatever the case, if that picture is real, then that camera lens is about twice the size of the one on the iPhone that I have right now.

I wonder how I put the phone to sleep. There is no sleep button at least none that I can press without using a pen or very long finger nail. The pictures are obviously fakes and really bad ones too.

//Rob
post #46 of 70
- Picture are real (100% sure)
- Same shell as the black one we saw few days ago (100% sure)
- Shell as shown on photos is empty (90% sure)
- Photos leaked from official supplier (90% sure)

Now two possibilities:

a) Definitive design (50%)
b) Unvalidated design by Apple (50%)


Nothing more to add
post #47 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0B0DY View Post

I wonder how I put the phone to sleep. There is no sleep button at least none that I can press without using a pen or very long finger nail. The pictures are obviously fakes and really bad ones too.

//Rob

These pictures are of the case component *before* final assembly. The lack of an installed button and the SIM carrier makes the image more credible to me not less.

C.
post #48 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Have you guys ever seen drilled aluminum?

That's the telltale, shiny, silver chamfer right there. It's most likely a form of baked, white powder-coating. Those images look very plausible to me. Also, they could be just playing with different colors, we may see a number of colors.

If aluminum why would the camera have an aluminium chamfer but the other holes don't?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #49 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post

- Picture are real (100% sure)
- Same shell as the black one we saw few days ago (100% sure)
- Shell as shown on photos is empty (90% sure)
- Photos leaked from official supplier (90% sure)

Now two possibilities:

a) Definitive design (50%)
b) Unvalidated design by Apple (50%)


Nothing more to add

It is just another case. Check this

http://gizmodo.com/384356/glossy-bla...ird+party-case
post #50 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

It is just another case. Check this

http://gizmodo.com/384356/glossy-bla...ird+party-case

I think it's the case too. It explains many aspects of these "leaked" pictures.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #51 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think it's the case too. It explains many aspects of these "leaked" pictures.

Why would a case have "8GB" stamped on the back? Is it an 8GB case?

Why would a case have tapered edges and rounded corners which are completely different from the current iPhone? How would the iPhone fit inside?

Nope, this is clearly legit - or an astonishingly consistent hoax.
I still think there is a chance there may be more than one model.

C.
post #52 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Why would a case have "8GB" stamped on the back? Is it an 8GB case?

You have me on the case tapering, but I still think it's a hoax. The design and look are just too ugly. It's several steps down from the current iPhone and any iPod.

As for the 8GB stamp, I have heard rumours of shops that doctor photos. These "photoshops", if you will, could easily do this, from what I hear.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #53 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think it's the case too. It explains many aspects of these "leaked" pictures.

Even with picture some people still insisting that these are legit

If you look at picture at Gizmodo.com you will clearly see that the black case is thicker. This account for more space at the edge.
post #54 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Why would a case have "8GB" stamped on the back? Is it an 8GB case?

Which photo was that? I see something down there on one of the photos, but I can't make out a number. I think foil might be lasered on, some other means used.
post #55 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

If you look at picture at Gizmodo.com you will clearly see that the black case is thicker. This account for more space at the edge.

The only logical argument I have regarding the difference in tapering is that the outside curvature doesn't have to represent the inside curvature.

These cases seem to match the the iLounge diagram perfectly, but the iLounge diagram is uneven and doesn't any worthwhile specifications to 3rd-party accessory companies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Which photo was that? I see something down there on one of the photos, but I can't make out a number. I think foil might be lasered on, some other means used.

http://gizmodo.com/376207/is-this-th...ext+gen-iphone
--Boston Store--
The opening date is Friday, May 16th. Is it common for Apple Stores to open up on a Friday? Could this coincide with another Friday @ 5pm selling of the iPhone?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #56 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

If you look at picture at Gizmodo.com you will clearly see that the black case is thicker. This account for more space at the edge.

Ok, I am looking really hard at the Gizmodo picture. Yes, the black case looks thicker *in the middle* but thinner at the edge. Not sure how that supports the notion that it is a case.

Speaking of which, what is that thing on the right? Why would a shop sell a detached aluminum shell ? (presumably complete with engraved IMEI number)


C.
post #57 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

If you look closely... It's the same design. Unless they come from the same source, it would be unusual for two Photoshoppers to come up with an identical design.

That is the original pic that got this rumour started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Ok, I am looking really hard at the Gizmodo picture. Yes, the black case looks thicker *in the middle* but thinner at the edge. Not sure how that supports the notion that it is a case.

Speaking of which, what is that thing on the right? Why would a shop sell a detached aluminum shell ? (presumably complete with engraved IMEI number)

I can't explain the odd shape of the case, but I tell you that we are seeing a pic inside a retail shop, not a factory.

Look at the piece of paper that appears to have an older Mac with a SuperDrive for 838.00 [dollars?].
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #58 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Ok, I am looking really hard at the Gizmodo picture. Yes, the black case looks thicker *in the middle* but thinner at the edge. Not sure how that supports the notion that it is a case.

Speaking of which, what is that thing on the right? Why would a shop sell a detached aluminum shell ? (presumably complete with engraved IMEI number)


Based on what I've read, this seems to be a shop somewhere in China (maybe Hong Kong). They seems to sell replacement parts for iPhone and Apple products.
post #59 of 70
Internal AT&T memo apparently states that employees should not take vacation between June 15 and July 12th. Last yer AT&T released a similar memo informing employees not to take vacations between June 15th and Jul 12th and the iPhone was released on June 29th.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/06/l...-in-late-june/
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #60 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Internal AT&T memo apparently states that employees should not take vacation between June 15 and July 12th. Last yer AT&T released a similar memo informing employees not to take vacations between June 15th and Jul 12th and the iPhone was released on June 29th.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/06/l...-in-late-june/

That's around the time initially expected by many reports. I really hope that they released the 3G unlocked this time.

Any news regarding officially unlocking current AT&T iPhone customers who signed up for the 2 years contracts?
post #61 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

That's around the time initially expected by many reports. I really hope that they released the 3G unlocked this time.

That is the best evidence we have for a Friday June 27th release date. Though I'm certain it will not be unlocked in the US.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #62 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


--Boston Store--
The opening date is Friday, May 16th. Is it common for Apple Stores to open up on a Friday? Could this coincide with another Friday @ 5pm selling of the iPhone?

God, that would be a rough day for its managers.

That would necessitate a 3G iPhone announcement within the next seven days - a move which conventional wisdom and Wall Street have rated as a

edit: this is the SKU that's supposed to dominate the world. a website announcement would be real weak.
post #63 of 70
Why don't they ever take pictures of the fronts of these supposed iPhones?
post #64 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Why don't they ever take pictures of the fronts of these supposed iPhones?

In this case (lol get it) it's because there aren't any internals inside the shell.
post #65 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

If aluminum why would the camera have an aluminium chamfer but the other holes don't?

Because the other holes are made before painting, they are likely punched too.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #66 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Ok, I am looking really hard at the Gizmodo picture. Yes, the black case looks thicker *in the middle* but thinner at the edge. Not sure how that supports the notion that it is a case.

Speaking of which, what is that thing on the right? Why would a shop sell a detached aluminum shell ? (presumably complete with engraved IMEI number)


C.

Someone's probably already said this but a few people claim the photo of the purported new iPhone is just a third-party case.
post #67 of 70
I personally prefer the product red option. Hope it does come out in this color early in the life cycle.
post #68 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongExpat View Post

I personally prefer the product red option. Hope it does come out in this color early in the life cycle.

I'll take a Product Red iPhone too. Not just because of the colour but I'll be less liekly to misplace it... hopefully.

The HTC Touch Diamond has a 2.8" display at 640x480 (VGA) resolution. I'd be very happy to see a 2x increase to the next iPhone resolution.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #69 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I'll take a Product Red iPhone too. Not just because of the colour but I'll be less liekly to misplace it... hopefully.

The HTC Touch Diamond has a 2.8" display at 640x480 (VGA) resolution. I'd be very happy to see a 2x increase to the next iPhone resolution.

Wow 285dpi. That's pretty outrageous.

Now the 'smooth' corners on all the iPhone graphics look jagged to me.
post #70 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Someone's probably already said this but a few people claim the photo of the purported new iPhone is just a third-party case.

And a few people claim that third-party cases don't usually get stamped with memory capacity and Apple Logos and have shapes that would never fit an iPhone in a million years.

The Gizmodo image is supposed to depict a shop. But look at the image, what shop would sell the aluminum back-plate from an iPhone?

I'll say it again: These pictures are of a genuine Apple shell. That's a shell not a phone. Which is why the white images show no buttons.


Latest rumor from Swisscom:

The 16 GB iPhone costs CHF 659th - with the new iPhone Swisscom liberty for 24 months.
The 32 GB iPhone costs CHF 799th - ebenfals with the new iPhone Swisscom liberty for 24 months.
The 16 GB will only be delivered in silver, while the 32 GB in silver, black and white type.


C.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple's cash; new 10.5.3 seed; 3G iPhone photos; Boston store size