or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly - Page 4

post #121 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Palex I am with you. You gotta have kids before you are a proper citizen.

One group we should really discriminate against are the childless. These people say they are heterosexual. Pretend they are like you and me. And then go and not have babies. They CHOOSE to be that way. BURN IN HELL I say. It is clearly against God and Nature!

And some of them say "it's a medical condition. Boo hoo! My tadpoles can't swim straight". These freaks are just not trying. Who allows these sterile freaks to get married in the first place?

Funny isn't it how many so gay and lesbian people *do* have children. Lesbian next-door has three! Did no one explain the rules to them?

C.

(WARNING this post contains sarcasm)

And yes, posting porn on this forum was very inappropriate.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't care if married people get special government treatment, my marriage was a vow before the God I believe in & I would actually love the government to get their hands out of it.

Now I see nothing wrong with government giving aid to people who have children because this encourages future generations. I also would like to see encouragement of single income households because it is equally important to the survival of this country that children are raised with the proper amount of focus & attention from a parent.

But wait, it's not that simple. Marriage is given special recognition by the government because of it's POTENTIAL to produce children, not it's success. Yes some people can't have children, but they don't know that at the time they get married!

At least if you are homosexual you still have the physical ability to conceive offspring in other ways, how insensitive of you to make casual mocking of people who've lost this ability all together for the sake of your point!
post #122 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco View Post

Or maybe you're just a repressed homosexual?


Ding ding ding! You win the cash, the car, and the trip to Tahiti!

For once, I'm enjoying your snark Wilco
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #123 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

For once, I'm enjoying your snark Wilco

And, as always, I couldn't care less.
post #124 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco View Post

And, as always, I couldn't care less.

and as always, you're a dick
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #125 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

and as always, you're a dick

post #126 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I still don't see how that justifies what you did.

What did he do? I must have missed something.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #127 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

There aren't a whole lot of solid, born-again, God-seeking women out there. But it's really not about whether she's a statistical needle-in-a-haystack or not. I'm trusting God to arrange for us to meet at the right time.

You keep holding your breath, Moses. I'm sure God will get to you once she's sorted out disease, famine and war.

In the meantime, there's that much more poonanny for the rest of us.
post #128 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Original post self-removed.

And for those that decided that this was an appropriate forum to express your views on sexual preferences, perhaps a review of yourself and the remarks that you made should also be edited or removed.

After all, this is one of the best sites for APPLE NEWS. I would like to see it continued

If you continue, you are going to kill it.
post #129 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

In 5 more years I can star in a movie called "The 40-Year-Old Virgin." Sex is for marriage, and I am a man that has not yet met the right woman. God promises that trusting in him, in his love, and in his rules, will result in a better life than going our own way.

You might not believe in Evolution...
...but Evolution believes in you.

C.
post #130 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

I've been keeping mum about this tread but I just have to say one thing in defense of SOME people with spiritual inclinations.

I myself am a protestant Christian who has many friends who are gay. For a long time I struggled with what to think, questioning whether they would spend their eternities in hell. At long last, I deemed that it was not for me to decide. Jesus charges us to "Love one another as we would want to be loved." So I leave the judgment to God and work on better loving my neighbor, gay or straight.

-Clive

That's as good an argument that is "pro-religion" as I've ever heard. Tolerance is always sensible, and your religion or lack thereof need not be challenged.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #131 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

You might not believe in Evolution...
...but Evolution believes in you.

C.

I have no problem with evolution. I do believe that changes happen over time. However, evolution doesn't explain the origins of life, and one species spontaneously becoming another species is statistically impossible.

And to get back to the topic at hand, homosexuality could not have arisen by way of evolution. It goes against the whole premise of Darwinian theory -- that traits that cause a creature to procreate more are adventageous, whereas traits that cause a creature to NOT procreate are disadvantageous.
post #132 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

I have no problem with evolution. I do believe that changes happen over time. However, evolution doesn't explain the origins of life, and one species spontaneously becoming another species is statistically impossible.

And to get back to the topic at hand, homosexuality could not have arisen by way of evolution. It goes against the whole premise of Darwinian theory -- that traits that cause a creature to procreate more are adventageous, whereas traits that cause a creature to NOT procreate are disadvantageous.

Here you go!

She's a little on the young side, but you seem like the patient type. Think about how much hate she'll have accumulated by the time she's grown up.

post #133 of 426
This is what happens when AppleInsider risks mixing "short", utterly unrelated articles into one big lousy mess.

I've complained about it, and seriously... does it take that much more effort to post single article threads?

The popular threads will continue and the lesser articles will fade quickly.

Please stop mixing clearly politically incendiary stories with plain-Jane tech reporting!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #134 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

What did he do? I must have missed something.

He posted a link to a graphic porn image. If you didn't see it, maybe it was pulled.
post #135 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco View Post

Here you go!

God's forgiveness is open to ALL. Even you, wilco.
post #136 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by hezekiahb View Post

Add on to this matter the fact that many religious groups do not agree that homosexuality is acceptable in their ranks but now you want a law saying they aren't allowed to fire someone based on orientation. Congrats, you just violated separation of church & state, the government is now dictating religion.

I'm over simplifying a bit but I think you get the point.

No, I think it's just absurd. Non-discrimination is not about religion. In the past, certain segments of the religious that justified slavery, jim crow and tried to stop and antagonize interracial marriages in the name of their deity, though I think it's using the name in vain. Would you say that stopping that sort of attitude violated the separation clause?
post #137 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

He posted a link to a graphic porn image. If you didn't see it, maybe it was pulled.

If this is in reference to my comment, it was in response to a pornographic image that was previously posted and has been removed.

Incidentally, the originator of that image posting has been banned from this forum for life.

Remember the adage: Forwarned is forarmed.
post #138 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

I have no problem with evolution. I do believe that changes happen over time. However, evolution doesn't explain the origins of life, and one species spontaneously becoming another species is statistically impossible.

And to get back to the topic at hand, homosexuality could not have arisen by way of evolution. It goes against the whole premise of Darwinian theory -- that traits that cause a creature to procreate more are adventageous, whereas traits that cause a creature to NOT procreate are disadvantageous.

Actually, there are many theories floating around that homosexuality in nature is just nature's population control (for example: mating between same gendered pairs of penguins increases when regions become too populated).
post #139 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

If this is in reference to my comment, it was in response to a pornographic image that was previously posted and has been removed.

Incidentally, the originator of that image posting has been banned for life.

I did not mean you, I'm sorry if I was that vague.
post #140 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

No, I think it's just absurd. Non-discrimination is not about religion. In the past, certain segments of the religious that justified slavery, jim crow and tried to stop and antagonize interracial marriages in the name of their deity, though I think it's using the name in vain. Would you say that stopping that sort of attitude violated the separation clause?

It's a question of right or wrong. To compare that to being black would mean you would have to ask the question if it was wrong to be black. But homosexuality is a behavior, and there are differing opinions as to whether that behavior is right or wrong.
post #141 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I did not mean you, I'm sorry if I was that vague.

It's ok.
post #142 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

If this is in reference to my comment, it was in response to a pornographic image that was previously posted and has been removed.

Incidentally, the originator of that image posting has been banned from this forum for life.

Remember the adage: Forwarned is forarmed.

I understand. On a personal note, I never liked "Brit".

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #143 of 426
You guys, this has gotten WAY WAY WAY off topic. This site is about Apple news. Not who's gay, who isn't, who's right, who's wrong, who's going to hell, who isn't, who's religious, who isn't, who's a hater, who's a lover, and on and on and on.

Everyone debating about gay and lesbian and saying he or she should/is go(ing) to hell should be ashamed of yourselves. This site is about Apple News and not gay and lesbian debate.

AppleInsider should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this discussion to go on. I am embarrassed for them to allow this type of discussion to continue. Their site IS devoted to Apple News and this discussion is in no way, shape, or form Apple Inc./Computer related.

The posters should be embarrassed themselves. I'm probably younger than anyone here and am acting more of an adult than the rest of you. If the iPhone or the Blackberry Thunder are not going to be discussed, do not post. This is WAY off topic, absurd, disrespectful, petty, and childish. You should all be embarrassed of yourselves. There are other sites where this discussion can continue, should you choose to. Continuing to post about these issues violates the posting guidelines outlined here:

"1. The right (if you are an American citizen) to free speech as guaranteed by the 1st amendment to the U.S. Constitution does not apply when posting at this message board. AppleInsider is a privately owned and operated forum. Posters are allowed a great deal of flexibility in their posts, but be respectful of other members and the guidelines.

3. Ad-hominem attacks of forum members will not be tolerated. We understand that things get heated, but it helps to maintain a modicum of respect for the membership. Attack ideas, not people. Be open-minded and try to help foster meaningful discussion. Yes, meaningful discussion is possible if everyone respects each other.

5. Sexually graphic or otherwise offensive material is strictly forbidden. AppleInsider will strive to maintain a work-friendly and family-friendly environment in regards to pornography and hate-speech. These cases are up to the discretion of the moderators and administrators. Pursuant to this, toilet humor is not tolerated. It is expected that the membership can conduct themselves with enough maturity to avoid such idiocy.

12. The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleInsider is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose, edit (before and after posting), find or research links, and count to a hundred if you're angry. Use it."

Several of you have violated not only 1, but all of those guidelines. Move your discussions to another website, this site IS ONLY about Apple Inc./Computer related news.
post #144 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

You guys, this has gotten WAY WAY WAY off topic.Move your discussions to another website, this site IS ONLY about Apple Inc./Computer related news.

Well stated.
post #145 of 426
It was AppleInsider's error in posting a topic referring to homosexuals. Discussing homosexuality not 'off-topic' because they started the topic.
post #146 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

You guys, this has gotten WAY WAY WAY off topic. This site is about Apple news. Not who's gay, who isn't, who's right, who's wrong, who's going to hell, who isn't, who's religious, who isn't, who's a hater, who's a lover, and on and on and on.

Everyone debating about gay and lesbian and saying he or she should/is go(ing) to hell should be ashamed of yourselves. This site is about Apple News and not gay and lesbian debate.

AppleInsider should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this discussion to go on. I am embarrassed for them to allow this type of discussion to continue. Their site IS devoted to Apple News and this discussion is in no way, shape, or form Apple Inc./Computer related.

The posters should be embarrassed themselves. I'm probably younger than anyone here and am acting more of an adult than the rest of you. If the iPhone or the Blackberry Thunder are not going to be discussed, do not post. This is WAY off topic, absurd, disrespectful, petty, and childish. You should all be embarrassed of yourselves. There are other sites where this discussion can continue, should you choose to. Continuing to post about these issues violates the posting guidelines outlined here:

"1. The right (if you are an American citizen) to free speech as guaranteed by the 1st amendment to the U.S. Constitution does not apply when posting at this message board. AppleInsider is a privately owned and operated forum. Posters are allowed a great deal of flexibility in their posts, but be respectful of other members and the guidelines.

3. Ad-hominem attacks of forum members will not be tolerated. We understand that things get heated, but it helps to maintain a modicum of respect for the membership. Attack ideas, not people. Be open-minded and try to help foster meaningful discussion. Yes, meaningful discussion is possible if everyone respects each other.

5. Sexually graphic or otherwise offensive material is strictly forbidden. AppleInsider will strive to maintain a work-friendly and family-friendly environment in regards to pornography and hate-speech. These cases are up to the discretion of the moderators and administrators. Pursuant to this, toilet humor is not tolerated. It is expected that the membership can conduct themselves with enough maturity to avoid such idiocy.

12. The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleInsider is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose, edit (before and after posting), find or research links, and count to a hundred if you're angry. Use it."

Several of you have violated not only 1, but all of those guidelines. Move your discussions to another website, this site IS ONLY about Apple Inc./Computer related news.

Noob.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #147 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

It was AppleInsider's error in posting a topic referring to homosexuals. Discussing homosexuality not 'off-topic' because they started the topic.

No, as I said above, the error is in mixing wildly divergent topics. Frankly, you've got two iPhone stories mixed in with a subject that clearly belongs in Political Outsider. It was poor judgement.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #148 of 426
To show my support for the calls for killing the thread, I'm unsubscribing to this thread, not read it or post in it anymore, once this post is done.
post #149 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Noob.


Actually, I've probably been reading this longer than you, just because my join date is newer than yours doesn't mean I haven't been reading for years. I only post when necessary. My post was necessary. It's obvious to tell who is mature and who isn't on this forum.
post #150 of 426
Why don't we just extricate the off-topic non-iPhone story and turn it into a different thread? Everyone can be happy then.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #151 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

Actually, I've probably been reading this longer than you, just because my join date is newer than yours doesn't mean I haven't been reading for years. I only post when necessary. My post was necessary. It's obvious to tell who is mature and who isn't on this forum.

You may have been a reader longer, but I've clearly been registered here longer by several years. Also, the LOL smileys were in the message for a reason. It was a joke.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #152 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

It was AppleInsider's error in posting a topic referring to homosexuals. Discussing homosexuality not 'off-topic' because they started the topic.

Agreed. It is AppleInsider's fault, but the people on here do not need to be taking it to level that this has gone, which is why AI should close this or heavily edit it.
post #153 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

No, I think it's just absurd. Non-discrimination is not about religion. In the past, certain segments of the religious that justified slavery, jim crow and tried to stop and antagonize interracial marriages. Would you say that stopping that sort of attitude violated the separation clause?

That is a terrible comparison because jim crow wanted the government to continue supporting slavery & based it on religious beliefs, which is clearly also against separation of church & state. The government can't proclaim anything as right or wrong based on a single religion. The only exceptions to this I can think of that are currently in place in the US are laws against religions that practice animal sacrifice & religions that practice abuse (sexual or non) of any individual, especially children. These all involve abuse of an individual or animal, clearly not the same as not being able to work at a religious institution because your personal practices are not in line with their faith.

You want to slap together the marriage issue & this workplace discrimination & you didn't make a point of reading my previous post about marriage. I don't have a problem with the government choosing not to recognize marriage as a special status, but do think they should recognize families as a special status (meaning it must involve kids). However, I can see the logic behind government recognizing heterosexual marriage & it has nothing to do with religion.

We already make it illegal to fire someone without just cause, why do we need to be more specific? I only see more abuse coming out of such a law than it doing much more good, cooperations in general are very neutral on this topic & don't just fire people over personal matters so long as they don't become an issue in the workplace.
post #154 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

Agreed. It is AppleInsider's fault, but the people on here do not need to be taking it to level that this has gone, which is why AI should close this or heavily edit it.

Party Pooper! You want to take away all our fun!?
post #155 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

God's forgiveness is open to ALL. Even you, wilco.

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I'm not interested in any religion/god that would have someone like you as a member.

post #156 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMiC View Post

Um, God does hate gay sin, if you would actually read and believe what He wrote. Calls them an abomination. That's very descriptive to me. If you want to try and ignore it for the sake of your sin, sure, whatever.


Actually, the Bible can be quoted to most any ends... even the devil's.

And, even if you firmly believe that being gay is a sin (which I don't believe), try following the example of Jesus, who did not shun Mary Magdalene (a prostitute) and told the thief who was being crucified with him that he would be in heaven with him.

Seems like there's an awful lot of bigots out there who want to use the Bible as a shield to justify their own hate. It's sad, really, but nothing new.

Finally... "ignore it for the sake of my own sin". Uhh... really? You automatically assume that anyone who stands up for gays is gay themselves? LOL, wrong. But I think your assumption says more about you than it does about me.


.
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
post #157 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

This is what happens when AppleInsider risks mixing "short", utterly unrelated articles into one big lousy mess.

I've complained about it, and seriously... does it take that much more effort to post single article threads?

The popular threads will continue and the lesser articles will fade quickly.

Please stop mixing clearly politically incendiary stories with plain-Jane tech reporting!


Yup. AI just seems to be whoring for hits here. But what else is new?


.
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
post #158 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

I have no problem with evolution. I do believe that changes happen over time. However, evolution doesn't explain the origins of life, and one species spontaneously becoming another species is statistically impossible.

Speciation happens all the time. When looking at similar species they share the vast majority of their genome.

Yes, origin of life is something Science will take a while to fully explain. But just because a scientific issue is challenging, does not mean we should throw up our hands and claim that the invisible sky fairy magicked it out of nothing. As a counter theory, it's not that convincing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

And to get back to the topic at hand, homosexuality could not have arisen by way of evolution. It goes against the whole premise of Darwinian theory -- that traits that cause a creature to procreate more are adventageous, whereas traits that cause a creature to NOT procreate are disadvantageous.

I think you imagine there are "homosexuals" and they never reproduce. That simply is not the case. Lots of people who consider themselves gay or lesbian have children. And quite a few people who consider themselves heterosexual have gay sex.

In evolutionary biology, the only thing that matters is whether shared genes go on to reproduce. So its quite possible that a homosexuality gene might benefit a tribal group by reducing the conflict between rogue males fighting over females.

A group with the gene might be able to cope with a mis-match in the number of males to females much better than a group without the gene who resolve the matter with violence.

Obviously any gene which causes the individual to shun reproduction would rapidly select itself for extinction.

Read Richard Dawkins, to learn about how incredibly cool evolutionary biology is.
And read Neil Strauss to learn how to pick-up women.


C.

(Edit: Suggest multilateral CEASE AND DESIST on this topic. )
post #159 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

And, even if you firmly believe that being gay is a sin (which I don't believe), try following the example of Jesus, who did not shun Mary Magdalene (a prostitute) and told the thief who was being crucified with him that he would be in heaven with him.

This is a perfect example of "Love the sinner, hate the sin." While we are all created by God and should be loved, some things that we do are not good. Jesus didn't condone Mary Magdaline's profession. He said, "Neither do I condemn you. Now go, and leave your life of sin."

The same applies to the person who behaves homosexually -- we are not to condemn them, but they should 'go and leave their life of sin.'
post #160 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality View Post

You want to take away all our fun!?

This might have been meant to be funny, but in all actuality, it isn't. Making fun or ostracizing people is not fun or funny. It is inhumane, rude, and childish. Guys, seriously, keep this on the topic of iPhone and Blackberry. The later should not be mentioned anymore. You would not want yourself, sons, daughters, wives, grandsons, granddaughters, or relatives to be made fun of, ostracized, ridiculed, and segregated. Please, end this topic and discussion. There is no need what so ever for keeping this, or related theories, theologies, topics, etc., going.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly