or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly - Page 2

post #41 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfman View Post

I wouldn't quite put it that way, but I agree. I'm glad Apple has kept a fairly neutral stance on political issues. It's unwise for ANY company to have a bias over one political hot-bed over another. Especially, IMO, the gay movement.

Homosexuality is an obvious unnatural sexual preference folks (i.e. square peg in round hole analogy). The same reasoning that homosexuals are using could be applied to someone who may want to have a relationship with an animal or even an inanimate object or child. This general cultural focus on homosexual rights is ludicrous and irrational.

The gay group claiming Apple's sensibility to gays has a right to their view but I bet it's mostly because of Apple's neutral organizational stance on hot political issues that gives them a high level of integrity.

It's always amazing that there are still such bigots in the world. Inanimate objects, animals, and children aren't capable of making a decision about who to be in a relationship with. I'm not sure if your argument is specifically in reference to homosexuality or specifically to gay marriage.

If it's about homosexuality in general, two consenting adults making their own decisions based on their own emotions for someone certainly isn't unnatural.

As for marriage, the anti-civil-rights activists always like to say things like "if we allow gay marriage, what will keep people from marrying their dogs?". This is such a pathetic argument, as dogs aren't capable of entering into legal agreements - neither are children or inanimate objects.

Certainly gay marriage isn't anymore unnatural than one man and one woman choosing to be exclusive to each other for life. Certainly you have the right to spread your offensive hate (even if you think you're disguising it as some sort of valid argument), but that doesn't mean you should.
-Jason
Reply
-Jason
Reply
post #42 of 426
Sounds like the Blackberry folks are pretty worried if they are resorting to "eternal" contracts... they should be shaking in their boots.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #43 of 426
, now that right there sounds plain dumb, How do you link tech with someones sexual preferences
post #44 of 426
By the way, I don't think anyone claimed in the article that the perception of tolerance toward the gay community was because of some homoerotic subtext in the "Get a Mac" campaign, or the rainbow Apple logo.

I also don't think that Apple is necessarily more gay friendly than any other company, they're just not overtly intolerant of them as many others are. But this isn't uncommon for companies out of places like California.

I think a lot of gay people, and sympathetic straight people are upset by language that links being gay with a bad thing. Such as calling someone gay in a negative way... or for example, claiming that someone who speaks out in support of gay rights and tolerance is gay. If they are or aren't is irrelevant unless the person throwing the accusation is implying there's something wrong with being gay anyway.

And just because people don't think juvenile humor is funny, doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humor, it just means you need to say something that's actually funny.
-Jason
Reply
-Jason
Reply
post #45 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by probably View Post

The gay imagery of the "Get a Mac" campaign is the presentation of two sympathetic men as the common focal point? Or am I looking past something else.

The fact it is a mocking portrayal of Steve Jobs vs. Bill Gates and you somehow have it turned into a subliminal message between two gay men, one lean the other fat speaks volumes about your personal needs or desires.
post #46 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfman View Post

I wouldn't quite put it that way, but I agree. I'm glad Apple has kept a fairly neutral stance on political issues. It's unwise for ANY company to have a bias over one political hot-bed over another. Especially, IMO, the gay movement.

Homosexuality is an obvious unnatural sexual preference folks (i.e. square peg in round hole analogy). The same reasoning that homosexuals are using could be applied to someone who may want to have a relationship with an animal or even an inanimate object or child. This general cultural focus on homosexual rights is ludicrous and irrational.

The gay group claiming Apple's sensibility to gays has a right to their view but I bet it's mostly because of Apple's neutral organizational stance on hot political issues that gives them a high level of integrity.

Smurfman,

As a gay man, I am not offended by your remarks. But as a human being, I am deeply embarrassed that you are actually ignorant enough to believe your comments about homosexuality.

To compare or equate a relationship between two consenting adults to a relationship with an animal, inanimate object or a child is just plain stupidity and does not even deserve a response.
post #47 of 426
Just thought I'd point out that all the banner ads and Google Ads in this thread rotate to gay content.

I guess the more the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' is typed the more ads get 'inserted'.

post #48 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsun View Post

Smurfman,

As a gay man, I am not offended by your remarks. But as a human being, I am deeply embarrassed that you are actually ignorant enough to believe your comments about homosexuality.

To compare or equate a relationship between two consenting adults to a relationship with an animal, inanimate object or a child is just plain stupidity and does not even deserve a response.


Amen.

The cool thing? Poll after poll shows increasing acceptance/tolerance for gays in the younger generation. Perhaps one day the misguided 'God hates gays' bigot squad will just be a bad memory, or at least they'll be so small in number that the rest of us can simply point, laugh, and then ignore them. Time is definitely not on their side.


.
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
Cut-copy-paste, MMS, landscape keyboard, video-recording, voice-calling, and more... FINALLY
To the 'We Didn't Need It' Crowd/Apple Apologista Squad : Wrong again, lol
Thanks for listening to your...
Reply
post #49 of 426
I'm just so tired of the idiotic masses looking at everything as if it's black and white. First off, I'm bisexual, and I think that this "survey" makes little to no sense. There's one "shocker" for you.

But what makes even less sense is comparing same-sex relations to bestiality, or saying that it's unnatural. Scientists have already observed HUNDREDS of species of animals (even including insects and things like that) engaging in bisexual or even strictly homosexual behavior, and the list is growing all the time. So I guess that pretty much disproves all you morons out there who claim that homosexuality is "unnatural." Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

And something else to ponder is that all of you homophobic rednecks probably know gay people but do not realize that they are gay. Maybe you're even friends with them. Very few of my friends are aware of my sexuality, because believe it or not, most gay/bi people aren't like the kind you see on SNL. Seriously.

I'd better stop now; I'd hate to overload your brains with this information and be the cause of a few nervous breakdowns.
post #50 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by success View Post

Just thought I'd point out that all the banner ads and Google Ads in this thread rotate to gay content.

I guess the more the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' is typed the more ads get 'inserted'.


You know, when you have sex with girls things are "inserted" as well. I don't really get jokes like this, because it's not like they REALLY have anything specific to do with gay sex. Just something to THINK about. Besides, not all gay guys have anal sex anyway. This whole thing just makes no sense. I know you're just trying to make a joke, but I had to say it.
post #51 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiralkymia View Post

The rainbow has only recently been adopted by homosexuals,

Wrong. Both are almost the same age.

"It originated in the United States, but is now used worldwide. Designed by San Francisco artist Gilbert Baker in 1978[1][2], the design has undergone several revisions." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow...BT_movement%29

30 years


"Rob Janoff’s “rainbow Apple,” the now-familiar rainbow-colored silhouette of an apple with a bite taken out of it, possibly as a tribute to Isaac Newton's discoveries of the gravity (the apple), and the separation of light by prisms (the colors). This was one of several designs Janoff presented to Jobs in 1976" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_computer

32 years
post #52 of 426
Homosexuality is an obvious unnatural sexual preference folks (i.e. square peg in round hole analogy). The same reasoning that homosexuals are using could be applied to someone who may want to have a relationship with an animal or even an inanimate object or child. This general cultural focus on homosexual rights is ludicrous and irrational.


OK, We have a winner in the stupid , ignorant and completely untrue category of course you forgot to mention your imaginary friend
Mac Pro Dual 3GHz Intel Core Duo and 30" Display, 15" Mac Book Pro, iPhone 4, iPad 64 3G 64
Reply
Mac Pro Dual 3GHz Intel Core Duo and 30" Display, 15" Mac Book Pro, iPhone 4, iPad 64 3G 64
Reply
post #53 of 426
Maybe it is ignorant etc, but hey, homosexuality is still kinda square peg round hole type thing though.

I am attracted to the same sex. Don't like it. Don't want to accept it. And yeah, I am one of those Christians, just however believe God loves everyone, just dislikes how some people act or is saddened by misguidance.

Hey, call me a fundamentalist, but I don't claim either ground.

Some of the things said here went too far - its not the same as with an animal, or an inanimate object (women with vibrators will cringe here) but this person was just stating they don't agree with the activity. Maybe they went bout it the wrong way.

Just cos you are a guy who has an attraction to another guy doesn't mean you have to agree with it, or that you have to hate yourself.

And just cos you disagree with the way someone conducts their personal life gives you no justification for insulting a person. I could insult a person for lying with just as much justification. That is useless, as are your insults. I am not insulted. Just saddened by the misguidance.

As for Apple... Who cares? Honestly, what does my macbook pro have to do with homosexuality? Not much. My iPod touch neither.
post #54 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiralkymia View Post

What does Apple not making a stand on gays/lesbians have anything to with being sympathetic? The rainbow has only recently been adopted by homosexuals, the term gay in and of itself means that your joyful, not that your interested in your brother, and Mac helping PC blow his nose is an act of kindness, not gay imagery. One must dig really, really, really deep to try to find any remote trace of something being gay. I pet my dog on the head. That doesn't mean I have thoughts of an intimate relationship with my dog. Really, people, cut the crap! Ya, so I'm on my soapbox of a controversial issue nowadays. So, hate me. You don't like my views. Oh, well. I'll get over it.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
Reply
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
Reply
post #55 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesP2009 View Post

Well PlanetOut is being stupid and annoying. They just said that because Apple is big news these days and they're just wanting to generate attention and buzz.

To really know whether Apple is gay-friendly, we sould need to know Apple's corporate policy with regard to homosexuality. Do gay partners receive the same benefits as a heterosexual spouse? Is there a strict anti-discrimination policy? Without these answers, Apple's "image" has nothing at all to do with gay-friendliness.
post #56 of 426
As a member of a minority that is persecuted, marginalised and ridiculed for its practices and beliefs, one would think all Mac Users could empathise with the gays...

Why do you insist on being different?
post #57 of 426
An upcoming article on the BlackBerry 9500...

BlackBerry: Farting Thunder?

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL.

-Ad
post #58 of 426
Actually, this is a timely report, as the fourth international day against homophobia (IDAHO) is this coming Sunday. Please join others in your city to march or be heard and oppose the kind of hatred, fear, discrimination and misunderstanding that has been shown in this thread. I will be doing my part, as I have every year since the event started.
post #59 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Maybe it is ignorant etc, but hey, homosexuality is still kinda square peg round hole type thing though.

I am attracted to the same sex. Don't like it. Don't want to accept it. And yeah, I am one of those Christians, just however believe God loves everyone, just dislikes how some people act or is saddened by misguidance.

Yeah, I can tell you don't like it or want to accept it. I mean, I'm not totally crazy about it myself, but why the whole "square peg in a round hole" thing? I'll repeat myself: bisexuality/homosexuality has been observed, by scientists, in HUNDREDS of species and counting. If that doesn't qualify as "natural," then I guess we're all about as artificially-made as the keyboards we're typing on. Animals don't have opinions. (Yeah, I know, technically we're animals too, but that's not my point.) So if they are gay, then it MUST be natural. Why would it suddenly be different for humans? Is it unnatural for us to do it simply because we DO have opinions?

As Carlos Mencia would put it, "DUH-DUH-DUH!"
post #60 of 426
So, what, about 5-10% of folks are gay, right? So all you bozos who think fags should rot in hell--you do realize that you have family, friends, coworkers, and acquaintances who are gay, right?

You do realize that not every gay person lisps and is into fashion, right?

You do realize that friends and family members that you love are gay and haven't told you, right?

So, what, you just start hating them when they come out?
post #61 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

That was a tad inappropriate was it not? I think that we are all a little more mature than to act like that...

The apple rainbow hasn't been used since the introduction of mac os x, what 6 years ago? And I don't see where one company is more user friendly than another. So, I think that the article is a little off. But, that aside, everyone needs to be careful of what they say and be a little more mature. You are no better than anyone else, gay, straight or what ever else someone may classify themselves as, so you need to be a little more respectful of others.

I don't need to be careful of what i say. I can be as offensive as i want, it's my right!! Besides, the gay agenda offends me, so what about that? Right, me being offended of you matters not, but you being offended by me does

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustanley View Post

I'm not gay myself, but I do have some friends who are, and I find that quite offensive and I'm sure that they would too.

Poor little babies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

Same here. I have relatives that are and they are no less of a person than anyone else. Come on guys, if you have offensive comments to make, keep them to your selves. It's very childish and inappropriate.

As soon as the Gay agenda keeps to itself, i will keep my comments to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Offensive to gays? Man... gays get offended so easily. Or most do anyway.

I don't. Who gives a rats what people say to be offensive? Thats their view, and they are entitled to it. Sad they feel the need to display it in public like that, they just shamed themselves.

Is it just me, or is everything about political correctness going just a LITTLE too far?

Yes, it has gone way too far as to silence the rights of some, for the rights of others in the name of tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

Amen.

The cool thing? Poll after poll shows increasing acceptance/tolerance for gays in the younger generation. Perhaps one day the misguided 'God hates gays' bigot squad will just be a bad memory, or at least they'll be so small in number that the rest of us can simply point, laugh, and then ignore them. Time is definitely not on their side.

.

Um, God does hate gay sin, if you would actually read and believe what He wrote. Calls them an abomination. That's very descriptive to me. If you want to try and ignore it for the sake of your sin, sure, whatever.

Leviticus 20
13. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

And let me be clear, He hates my sin also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by success View Post

Just thought I'd point out that all the banner ads and Google Ads in this thread rotate to gay content.

I guess the more the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' is typed the more ads get 'inserted'.


All i see is a Ford add for their F-150 The Muscle To Bring It Home


My issues is not with the individual, but the fact they try and push their agenda on the public, in the schools, and in our laws as if we have to give them rights just because they CHOOSE to be different.
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
post #62 of 426
Leviticus 20!

And we all know that all truth is to be found in a 2000 year old book. Which has been written by numerous unidentified people, contains hundreds of self-contradictions, has been edited, mistranslated and generally exploited by every nut-job on the planet to support their particular prejudices.

If you want religious law, and zero tolerance for homosexuality. Try Iran.

C.
post #63 of 426
Wow, it's getting thick in here.


To answer an earlier question, yes, corporate Apple does extend the same benefits to GLBT employees as they do straight employees (as does Microsoft, I know this as a lesbian former employee at Redmond). They also have a strong advertising presence in GLBT events, and media.


What amuses me most so far is the bandying around of the "Gay Agenda", which if you actually knew what you're talking about, you'd find that we just want to be treated like any other law-abiding, tax paying citizen. Period. End of story. Granted, as a lesbian, I've never had to experience the level of crap that other minorities have in the past (example: Blacks were once treated as only 3/5ths of a person), but thankfully we pulled our heads out of our collective asses on that one.

Mimic, AdmiralIkymia, PG4G, etc; I don't care if you like me, I don't care if you accept who or what I am, hell you all can kiss the palest part of my ass for all I care. You have every right to be as ignorant as you want, but you have no right to deem what rights I'm allowed. If we "tinkerbells" and "dykes" offend your sensibilities sooooo much, good for you, and guess what, your God made us this way. (If you believe in the Christian Agenda)
post #64 of 426
i'd like to get back to iphone issues.....
RIm is sending out trial balloons with this touch screen thing....every article about BB has been how "corporate it is" how having a physical keyboard defines this as superior...that enterprise won't accept anything else thus RIM is SAFE.....so they would have to eat their words bigtime.
unless they are moving to a consumer type model and less corporate. iphone has defined the smartphone. RIM is apple's target. RIM will compete and by this rumor has to face the next 6 months of apple growing like gangbusters and including the enterprise. the reason??
enterprise is made of individuals they want the best and since the iphone introduction IT has been dragged kicking and screaming to accept the great evil apple iphone and osx which is growing growing growing on the backs of consumers bringing them into the office. why carry multiple items if one will do. more and more enterprise is going the way of web 2.0 and server based apps for security reasons. having web access is becoming as important as having email access.
RIM is a target rich environment for apple. they can play ropperdope but apple is the tsunami coming at them as THE NEW MOBLE PLATFORM for the future.

touch pad RIM.....has to happen but how will they define that to the enterprise also who has more experience in software development? SJ was and is brilliant to see the new platform grow from the OS and address the mistakes of the past OS wars.
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #65 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Leviticus 20!

And we all know that all truth is to be found in a 2000 year old book. Which has been written by numerous unidentified people, contains hundreds of self-contradictions, has been edited, mistranslated and generally exploited by every nut-job on the planet to support their particular prejudices.

If you want religious law, and zero tolerance for homosexuality. Try Iran.

C.

Talk about the lack of facts??

seems as if you are reading from the agenda talking points rather than from actually reading the book...

Ignorance is bliss, right?
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
post #66 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by skottichan View Post


Mimic, your God made us this way. (If you believe in the Christian Agenda)

No god made you this way. YOUR choice made you this way. Being Gay is not a birthright, it's a choice. If it was a birthright, you would have the ability to reproduce within your species. The thinking that being gay is a birthright is as dumb as saying there is evidence of evolution.... Such utter ignorance...

And why would a god call something an abomination, make laws against the act itself, then create that which he hates?? The god you speak of sounds dumb and confused.

MY God created man in his image. SIN makes man choose otherwise, including being gay...
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
post #67 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMiC View Post

No god made you this way. YOUR choice made you this way. Being Gay is not a birthright, it's a choice. If it was a birthright, you would have the ability to reproduce within your species. The thinking that being gay is a birthright is as dumb as saying there is evidence of evolution.... Such utter ignorance...

And why would a god call something an abomination, make laws against the act itself, then create that which he hates?? The god you speak of sounds dumb and confused.

MY God created man in his image. SIN makes man choose otherwise, including being gay...

Oh you're just precious aren't you? Tell your invisible friend I said hi! (Oh by the way, my ex-girlfriend's dad is a former pastor, and he's far less ignorant than you come across) As a product of the Catholic school system, I can say that even the penguins are less dogmatic than you.

No, seriously, back to the tech stuff.

I like that RiM is using a similar technology, it creates a better playing field for Apple and everyone involved. Granted, after the company my dad works for (an electric motor plant) switched from PalmOS to iPhones, their productivity increased. My mom's therapy company is waiting for the 2nd Gen iPhone before committing (even though as a signing bonus, they bought her a MacBook Air *fistshakes*).

As to the whole "lack of a physical keyboard" argument for why there's not huge corporate support is a bit of a straw man. It's more of its current lack of Exchange support, I'm sure Apple will see more growth once the 2.0 software is released.



Oh yeah.... my only "gay agenda" is letter writing to Ron Moore to bring back Admiral Cain and get her and Gina-Six back together.
post #68 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by skottichan View Post

As a product of the Catholic school system,
.

That very much sums it up. You take the teachings from them that molest children and protect those under them that molest children as a form of authority and wonder why they are NOT dogmatic?

Sad, very sad.

I don't acknowledge Catholicism as a true Christian religion. They follow their own believes which are different than the teachings of Christ. They read from their own books, and hold Mary as high as Christ. They are in it for the money and control. NOT for the relationship with Christ.

But that is WAY off topic... and i have to go to work LOL
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
[CENTER]Diana Rein
Putting the Soul back into Rock 'n Roll
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"The Back Room"

Diana Rein Available on iTunes for $8[/CENTER]
Reply
post #69 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiralkymia View Post

What does Apple not making a stand on gays/lesbians have anything to with being sympathetic? The rainbow has only recently been adopted by homosexuals, the term gay in and of itself means that your joyful, not that your interested in your brother, and Mac helping PC blow his nose is an act of kindness, not gay imagery. One must dig really, really, really deep to try to find any remote trace of something being gay. I pet my dog on the head. That doesn't mean I have thoughts of an intimate relationship with my dog. Really, people, cut the crap! Ya, so I'm on my soapbox of a controversial issue nowadays. So, hate me. You don't like my views. Oh, well. I'll get over it.

Being homosexual does not mean you're interested in your brother. You are disturbingly misinformed.

Oh, and the rainbow flag was actually "adopted" by the LGBT community prior to the formation of Apple, and the term "gay" has been used to describe members of the LGBT community since around 1886.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
post #70 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMiC View Post

No god made you this way. YOUR choice made you this way. Being Gay is not a birthright, it's a choice. If it was a birthright, you would have the ability to reproduce within your species. The thinking that being gay is a birthright is as dumb as saying there is evidence of evolution.... Such utter ignorance...

And why would a god call something an abomination, make laws against the act itself, then create that which he hates?? The god you speak of sounds dumb and confused.

MY God created man in his image. SIN makes man choose otherwise, including being gay...


Why do you feel the need to shove your religious claptrap down people's throats?

I don't believe in God, and I certainly didn't make a conscious choice to be gay. I simply like men and always have, and that's an end to it.

Further, "god" doesn't form the law in most countries. You'll find that's the job of the legislature.

Oh, and you know what homophobia *really* says about you, right? Its alright to come out, you know. *there there*. We won't judge you - which is far kinder than the attitude you seem to have towards people who don't fit your narrow-minded, bigoted, vile attitude.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
post #71 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Leviticus 20!

And we all know that all truth is to be found in a 2000 year old book. Which has been written by numerous unidentified people, contains hundreds of self-contradictions, has been edited, mistranslated and generally exploited by every nut-job on the planet to support their particular prejudices.

If you want religious law, and zero tolerance for homosexuality. Try Iran.

C.

Indeed. Perhaps MiMiC can go there. And stay.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
post #72 of 426
Hey Mimic,

It would be great to debate this stuff with you. But "faith" makes that pointless.
"Faith" seems to mean you believe stuff without evidence. So rationality, logic, argument, evidence.. All that brilliant stuff we sensible humans cherish - has no effect.

It'd be like discussing something with a rock. Or a fossil dinosaur.

C.
post #73 of 426
what I hate about these kinds of threads is that they make me question the kinds of people I'm interacting with on these websites. I don't like the fact that I'm virtually hanging out with a bunch of bigots -- it is offensive. Similarly I avoid people I think are members of the KKK or american Nazi movement.

but I like AI, so I'd prefer it if anyone who feels like spewing hate and intolerance for anyone please do so elsewhere.

I prefer not to know what kind of people you are.
post #74 of 426
Last time i checked gay people had the exact same anatomy as hetero's.... so how can a cell phone, or a company selling such a phone, be more or less friendly????? plus, if gays want to be treated like everybody else, stop making such a big deal of being gay!

i am beginning to think that our entire society has gone mad, and that construed political correctness has gone totally overboard.
post #75 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by palex9 View Post

Last time i checked gay people had the exact same anatomy as hetero's.... so how can a cell phone, or a company selling such a phone, be more or less friendly????? plus, if gays want to be treated like everybody else, stop making such a big deal of being gay!

i am beginning to think that our entire society has gone mad, and that construed political correctness has gone totally overboard.

Oh, okay, seriously, it's okay for people to make big deals about being black, white, asian, latino, christian, jew, etc... But, if we want to be treated like everybody else, we need to just STFU right?


Seriously, my activist days are LONG behind me, but this kinda crap annoys me.

I mean, to you guys and girls who say we're making a "big deal", what if the roles were reversed. What if the government said "You, you're christian, you're not allowed to be protected from discrimination because of your personal choice", wouldn't you be making strides to get the same benefits everyone else has?
post #76 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by palex9 View Post

Last time i checked gay people had the exact same anatomy as hetero's.... so how can a cell phone, or a company selling such a phone, be more or less friendly????? plus, if gays want to be treated like everybody else, stop making such a big deal of being gay!

i am beginning to think that our entire society has gone mad, and that construed political correctness has gone totally overboard.

I don't make a big deal out of the fact I'm gay, but at the same time I'm not gonna shut up when some moron is telling me how "unnatural" it is for me to be in love with the person I'm in love with, or how I made a conscious decision to be gay when clearly: a) they apparently don't understand what internal sexual identity is and b) have never met me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
Reply
post #77 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiralkymia View Post

What does Apple not making a stand on gays/lesbians have anything to with being sympathetic? The rainbow has only recently been adopted by homosexuals, the term gay in and of itself means that your joyful, not that your interested in your brother, and Mac helping PC blow his nose is an act of kindness, not gay imagery.

Meanings of words change or adds connotations over time, and you're more than 20 years too late to complain. Even twenty years ago, on the show Married With Children, Al Bundy lamented that gay used to mean happy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfman View Post

Homosexuality is an obvious unnatural sexual preference folks (i.e. square peg in round hole analogy). The same reasoning that homosexuals are using could be applied to someone who may want to have a relationship with an animal or even an inanimate object or child. This general cultural focus on homosexual rights is ludicrous and irrational.

Fail. Slippery slope fallacy.


Brit, I'm disappointed that you linked a porn image. As much as this thread has gotten off topic, it still isn't the place to do that sort of thing.
post #78 of 426
I find the discussion of sexuality in this thread largely ill-informed and lacking intellectual rigour.

If as a you feel that urge to "share" your "carefully formed" conservative opinion about something that has nothing to do with you please step down off your soapbox and stop humbling yourself. You are not that important.
post #79 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMiC View Post

That very much sums it up. You take the teachings from them that molest children and protect those under them that molest children as a form of authority and wonder why they are NOT dogmatic?

Sad, very sad.

I don't acknowledge Catholicism as a true Christian religion. They follow their own believes which are different than the teachings of Christ. They read from their own books, and hold Mary as high as Christ. They are in it for the money and control. NOT for the relationship with Christ.

But that is WAY off topic... and i have to go to work LOL

somewhere a village is missing it's idiot.....
post #80 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Brit, I'm disappointed that you linked a porn image. As much as this thread has gotten off topic, it still isn't the place to do that sort of thing.

If Kasper wants to cynically generate page hits by reposting this non-article about a non-issue...

He knows damn well that the knee-jerk reactionaries around here are going to respond like the Pavlovian dogs they are, yet he's not going to moderate this thread?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly