[quote]Rumor? I think not Gorgonzola. Don't let the title go to your head. Don't forget the pain some has caused in the past just because they are nice now.<hr></blockquote>
I'm well aware of what I posted that day, and I still remember well, and better than everyone else here, that getting a new server (which was really all that was needed to get AI back up) was complete and utter hell.However
, as I posted, not everything has to do with Monish
. When it does, I'm the first to point fingers, but he's not the one that needs to clear this article, so he's really irrelevant in this discussion. The only reason I took a harsh tone (in retrospect, an overly harsh tone, and I apologize) is because you were
helpful, and I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea regarding the situation here because they thought you knew something -- because you did indeed know what was going on with AI before. I know because I emailed you all of it.
In short, Monish isn't involved with 99% of the day-to-day at AppleInsider, and most delays have almost nothing to do with him. There were definitely problems before, but as I said, he's become far more accessible in recent months, and I'm all for forgive-and-forget rather than hold-the-grudge-until-you-die.
Repeating again: I am well aware of what I posted before, however, my other post in this thread was about a change for the better in that regard.
In fact, let's take a look at the points I posted around four months ago:
[quote](1) Our new publishing system is nowhere to be found.
(2) Parts of the MacNN Network that are now obsolete have not been removed or cleaned up. Â*games.macnn.com is still here even though it's been discontinued.
(3) Reviews.macnn.com is also extremely old. Â*We've in fact *published some new reviews* (on Snapz Pro X, for one), but I don't see that on reviews.macnn.com, do you?
(4) The new comments system is the most minimal possible incarnation of what we've been discussing.
(5) Monish has still not paid for the t-shirts that we ordered from a MacNN forum member for MWNY, despite repeated badgering from both myself and said member.
(6) The successor to our forum server has not arrived despite its scheduled installation about a month and a half ago, and as a result, there's no place to put AI.<hr></blockquote>
(1) We've postponed our new publisher system, as we've redesigned parts of the network in ways that make it generally unnecessary.
(2) The network has been cleaned up, and games.macnn.com is no more, and is no longer linked to.
(3) Reviews.macnn.com is in the process of being redesigned; it's almost done.
(4) The news comments system was
updated for some time, as you recall (when usernames showed up), but unfortunately that updated code was overwritten somehow -- we don't know how it happened -- when we were transitioning to our new main page design.
(5) We paid for the t-shirts.
(6) As you know, the forum server is here, and AI Forums and Rumors are back online. Publication will resume soon, which is where we are right now.
Also, two things that weren't on that list:
(7) MacNN.com was completely redesigned.
(8) OSX.MacNN.com was completely redesigned.
Holding grudges gets you nowhere. Don't throw that post of mine back at me out of context; I posted it, I haven't forgotten. But frankly, the situation is very different now, and although I remember what happened very well, I just don't want to keep harping on it, and I don't see why you need to either.
You have it all back now. What more do you need?