or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Diagnostic software for MacBook?

Diagnostic software for MacBook?

post #1 of 2
I'm a recent convert from Windows to a MacBook and love it. However, after all the crud that built up on my Windows system, I'm paranoid about the same happening to the MacBook.

Is there a program out there that runs a diagnostic and/or "clean up" on the MacBook, or does the MacBook not even need to worry about that? RoadRunner is my ISP - they offer lots of diagnostic software but it's all for Windows OS.

I'll appreciate any comments and information from all the Mac experts out there. TIA.
post #2 of 2
Onyx could be what you're looking for.
It's like a GUI for the Mac OS X Unix layer.

With Onyx you can run Maintenance scripts (Daily/Weekly/Monthly), delete several caches, optimize the Finder, Dock, Safari and more, remove files and folders that became annoying

There are a lot of other programmes out there that do the same, but Onyx proved to be a good application, although I might add, I don't really use it that much, because I don't really need it.

But see for yourself if you need it.

Good day.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Diagnostic software for MacBook?