or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How Will They Slime Obama? COMPETITION!

How Will They Slime Obama? COMPETITION! - Page 7

post #241 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Oh, pray tell: What are the "real" issues in your opinion? Also, may we talk about Obama's racial views and past statements? May we talk about his friendship with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright? May we talk about how he subscribed to Black Liberation Theology for 20 years? How about his statement that we need to "remake" America?

No, of course not. None of that is relevant. Only Change and Hope are relevant, 'cause you know...we're ready for Change. We certainly can't talk about who the Obama's are.

Uh, "are" what...black? Communists? Black Pathers? Windows users? N*ggers?

Quote:
You know what though, let's do it your way. Let's talk about the "real issues" as you put it.

Universal Health Care
Pulling out of Iraq ASAP
Raising taxes on "the rich."
Raising taxes on the middle class (it WILL happen. Mark my words).
Opposition to free trade
Windfall profits tax on oil companies
Negotiating with Iran without preconditions
Government fund to "help homeowners refinance their mortgages."
Workplace pensions: "employers who do not currently offer a retirement plan, will be required to enroll their employees in a direct-deposit IRA account"
Zero to Five Education Program
Free community college tuition
Dyed-in-the-wool believer in climate change
$150 billion green collar job investment
Reduce carbon emissions 80 percent by 2050
Require 25 percent renewable electricity
Supports farm subsidies
"Obama will require that employees provide 7 paid sick days for each employee."
$1.5 billion for paid work leave
Supports citizenship for all 12 million illegal immigrants
Supports Us investing in Mexico's economic development to reduce "undocumented" workers
Supports creating an Affordable Housing Trust Fund
Expand hate crimes statutes
Wants to double foreign poverty assistance to $50 billion
Will pursue the elimination of all nuclear weapons

Let's start with those. From here.

We have with you. And you certainly have made your points on these. Yet you just keep spouting off into Bizarro World with the other claims from before. If you're willing to go through that all again...then do so. Just STFU about the bullshit already.

You also need to hang out with more black people I think...
post #242 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

German Toymaker Launches Barack Obama Doll

Once I saw the words "German Toymaker" I was reasonably sure this wasn't going to end well.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #243 of 283
Quote:

German Toymaker Launches Barack Obama Doll

Hey, I heard that SDW bought one of these "dolls of color" by the jackbooted creator and stuck it on his front lawn to use as his lawn jockey;

[CENTER]
Temporarily Out of Stock[/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #244 of 283
Yeah, nothing like sliming your opponent as a racist. Much easier than civilized discussion.
post #245 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Yeah, nothing like sliming your opponent as a racist. Much easier than civilized discussion.

[CENTER]
Quote:
Black supremacy is a racist ideology which holds that black people are superior to other races and is manifested in bigotry towards persons not of African ancestry, particularly white people.

Quote:
The neutrality of this article is disputed.

[/CENTER]

post #246 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Quote:
No, of course not. None of that is relevant. Only Change and Hope are relevant, 'cause you know...we're ready for Change. We certainly can't talk about who the Obama's are.

I do want to know what "are" means though.

I wouldn't smear SDW as a racist. I just think he has some 'splainin' to do.
post #247 of 283
Quote:

Stupid questions? What...like "can you explain your statement about being friendly with an avowed terrorist?" Rev. Wright was outrageous and offensive. Obama had a long-term association with him. It was newsworthy. The only people who feel otherwise are those who wish it would just go away. Michele Obama made a comment that took many by surprise. She's also claimed that "people know Barack is special." She's bitched about her college loans and how unfair Harvard was, racially speaking. All of it goes to who she is as a person, which is relevant. If not for her, it's certainly relevant to discuss these things wrt Obama himself. After all, the man is trying to run a post-racial candidacy. Examining his views on race shouldn't be all that controversial. .

Dude. You're all over the place here. You were complaining that you were somehow not allowed to criticize Obama. And I was simply telling you that your complaint was horse-shit. We can argue the details of every criticism later. But the notion that you aren't allowed to criticize Obama WHILE CRITICIZING OBAMA was a little bit...umm...ironic.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #248 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I heard that McCain wasn't born here. I read he was born in Panama and on a U.S. Army base. That probably makes him a terrorist who wants to kill us all by reducing our tax rates. I heard he had a black baby and clearly one of his children is foreign looking. His sympathies clearly are not with the United States.

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Also, if you'll look back at the McCain born in Panama thread a while back I (a commie hippie liberal scumbag) supported the case that children born to American parents out of country shouldn't be excused from being eligible to run for president. And, like, so did everyone else. And everyone else, both left and right, seemed to be pretty aghast at the treatment McCain got from Karl Rove in 2000. So what exactly are you railing about.

But you can scream at your straw-men all day if you want. Whatev.

And again, I'll posit that I cannot recall an actual party nominee being forced to prove he's an American. And then having that documentation accused of being an outright forgery.

You know what, Trumpy, it would be nice if you JUST ONCE agreed that some things are just wrong rather than arguing for it just for the friggin' sport of arguing politics. There are NUMEROUS occasions where liberals on this board disagree with their party or members of their party. But not Trumpy. No way. He argues just for the sake of arguing.
post #249 of 283
For anyone that wants to claim that the media favors Obama, or that McCain comes in for similar treatment because of a single article in the NYT or very brief scrutiny of his place of birth or his relationship with Hagee, please take a moment to look at this.

Yes, it's just like Nazi Germany Media Matters, but it's merely a series of attributed quotes, so perhaps we can skip the source kvetching and focus on what is being presented.

It came and went with little more than an eye roll and a shrug, but for my money, that fact that a national news network can refer to a Princeton and Harvard educated attorney and wife of a presidential candidate as his "baby mama", simply because she is black, puts Wright's "United States of KKK" in some perspective.

Imagine if the wife of an asian candidate for president was casually characterized as his "concubine" or "geisha", or an American Indian candidate's wife as his "squaw."

Think it would go by without much of a ruffling of feathers?

I think one of the problems is that this kind of bullshit has been dished out so fast and thick, for so long, that the left as become inured. We just kind of go "what else would you expect?" and move on.

I now look forward to learning that the slurs and lies in the linked article are exactly proportional to and canceled out by things like noticing McCain is old or that he misspeaks. Nick?

That, and the fact that a lot of this nonsense isn't a "slur" at all because it's objectively true. SDW?

Oh, and that none of it matters because something something something odd use of slang something disconcertingly jaunty aphorism something imposing quote something politics can't save us now. You're on, DMZ.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #250 of 283
post #251 of 283
You know, we have assumed throughout this campaign that Obama is a man. But have we seen any proof? I mean, his birth certificate was clearly forgedcould it be to hide the secret that he is not actually a man?

I'm calling him out. SDW, you with me? BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA NEEDS TO DROP TROU ON THE O'REILLY FACTOR AND PROVE, ONCE AND FOR ALL, THAT HE IS A MAN.

And none of that Boogie Nights prosthesis stuff, either.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #252 of 283
McCain on religion.

Quote:
"American was founded as a Christian nation."

Do I really need to go there? Didn't think so...

Well, ok, I will...

Quote:
The Barbary Treaties :
Treaty of Peace and Friendship, Signed at Tripoli November 4, 1796

ARTICLE 11.

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Obama on religion.

To hear a speech like this when you spend eight years with a president who's policies you don't like, who openly admits that he is guided in everything he does by his religion. Obama hit the nail on the head saying that any public policy that comes from religion has to be grounded in something that all people can relate to.

But...this quote:
Quote:
"Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation"...

Will be on infinite repeat for the next...oh...three months at least.* \

* and probably here too...

Edit: The whole speech... The Call to Renewal Speech
post #253 of 283
That is, of course, insane. America was CLEARLY founded as a Christian nation. Here is irrefutable proof:

Here are the ten commandments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD HIMSELF

You shall have no other gods before me
You shall not make for yourself an idol
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
Honor your father and mother
You shall not murder
You shall not commit adultery
You shall not steal
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
You shall not covet your neighbor's house
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

Here is the US Bill of Rights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD HIMSELF

Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

They are both, obviously, exactly the same.
post #254 of 283
post #255 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

We are talking about reducing, by BHO's reckoning, 30% of our oil use in 20 years. We aren't going to do that by increasing fuel efficiency. Not with the technology we have. Now Venter may get his 4th gen biofuels up and running, but that isn't going to help with greenhouse gasses.

We reduced oil use 15% between 1979 and 1983. Conservation worked then. It can work today. There was no reduction in quality of life in those years aside from driving a little bit slower (55 speed limit) and moving from V8s to more efficient 4 cycl cars.

It's 2008...the technology sure as hell is better than 1983. The only reason that oil use is up in the US is because of SUVs. We went from 28% to 49% truck sales in the last 20 years.

http://www.epa.gov/oms/cert/mpg/fetrends/420s07001.htm

We now get 2 MPG LESS than in 1987. Why? It sure as hell isn't because of safety standards or air quality standards. It's because even the light trucks are a 1000 lbs heavier than nefore and get 4 seconds better 0-60 times (WTF?).

SUVs are arguably un-patriotic as hell. They sure as hell are un-conservative if you support an America that is less dependent on foreign oil. If we moved from SUVs to cars again we'd sure as hell decrease dependence on foreign oil a hell of a lot more than anything else.

But hey...it's them damn liberals that's causing all the problems.
post #256 of 283
Clearly Vinea hates America
post #257 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Clearly Vinea hates America

Indeed.

Almost treasonous.
post #258 of 283
Somewhere in the Constitution it says something about no limits and no constraints being a part of our birthright, and somewhere in the Bill of Rights there's a thing about "nobody can tell me what to do, I can do whatever I want."

People often forget that the founding fathers were, on average, eight years old.
post #259 of 283
Back to the topic at hand.

How will the slime Obama? In Texas, like this:

post #260 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Back to the topic at hand.

How will the slime Obama? In Texas, like this:

The comments are telling...the majority are disgusted of such things, even in Texas...
post #261 of 283
But isn't that just a case of pointing out that Obama is "too liberal"? And then that perfectly sensible observation gets "dealt with" by the predictable cries of "racism", as we see here?

This is just how Nazi Germany started! Or Soviet Russia! Hippies! Thought crimes! Blacks are the real racists! Why won't someone make the voices stop?
post #262 of 283
Since this thread was last updated, we have some new smears. A quick tour through trumptman's threads gives us some new examples:

Of course, this is just a sampling of his anti-obama threads in the past month.

Other examples include SDW's The Post-Racial Candidacy Lie, and interesting example since it's premised on a fabricated quote. SDW also gave us the What Obama Really Believes thread stating that Obama is pretending to be a moderate but is really "practically Marxist."
post #263 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

Since this thread was last updated, we have some new smears. A quick tour through trumptman's threads gives us some new examples:

Of course, this is just a sampling of his anti-obama threads in the past month.

Other examples include SDW's The Post-Racial Candidacy Lie, and interesting example since it's premised on a fabricated quote. SDW also gave us the What Obama Really Believes thread stating that Obama is pretending to be a moderate but is really "practically Marxist."

In his next post, giant will express concern about people discussing politics in a political forum during a political campaign He will note that they use certain phrases, have certain ideas about candidates and form certain opinions. Even more dangerous they have certain actions they would to see taken and concerns they want addressed and will discuss whether the candidate will be able to meet them.

This is all dangerous, dangerous stuff. These people, they talk, they write, they have thoughts and ideas.

Please realize that this stuff is dangerous, bad, and shows a truly evil intent. The only way to remove the evil intent is to not post any thoughts, ideas, have any thoughts crystallize into a common understanding in discussions and other associated actions. They should sit on their hands, with their mouths shut, and their brains off. That will show they aren't evil.

giant has moved beyond just attacking the messenger. Merely the concept of a messenger is now dangerous.

Being conservative and discussing politics.... it is a smear. You cannot participate.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #264 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

How did we forget "messianic complex?"
post #265 of 283
Thank you, trumptman, for helping keep this thread at the top of the page.

Also, I almost forgot to include one of the more interesting smears from this post:
Quote:

Ameican Thinker
Quote:
Barack Obama wrote his senior thesis at Columbia University on Soviet nuclear disarmament. Inquiring people have sought a copy of this thesis to no avail. Columbia says it cannot be found; Barack Obama says he lost it.

Am I going to believe that a thesis is the end all be all of anything related to Barack Obama? Not at all, but again, it bothers me when it can't be found at all to even look at for whatever curiosity I might have about the subject.

I have no doubt it will suddenly be found if there is ever a Barack Obama ever has a presidential library.

Apparently we should all be concerned about a lost college paper from 1983.
post #266 of 283
In more talking points form, trumptman believes Obama is a

"fascist and/or socialist, racist, elitist, one-worlding, utopian, empty-suit, blank-page, presumptuous, cult-leading future dictator with a messianic complex."

It really does put things in context, doesn't it?
post #267 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

How did we forget "messianic complex?"

Indeed. Plus, no more than three minutes after your post, SDW parroted a variation:
Quote:

I prefer Lord Barack Obama, The Messiah.

post #268 of 283
Quote:

In more talking points form, trumptman believes Obama is a

"fascist and/or socialist, racist, one-worlding, utopian, empty-suit, blank-page, presumptuous, cult-leading future dictator with a messianic complex."

It really does put things in context, doesn't it?

How could you possibly forget "elitist"?
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #269 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

How could you possibly forget "elitist"?

Haha I had it in previous compilations but edited it for flow and forgot to put it back in.
post #270 of 283
Thank you Melissa and Joan!

post #271 of 283
Quote:

Haha I had it in previous compilations but edited it for flow and forgot to put it back in.

And you forgot compulsive liar. That's becoming one of Trumpt's favorites.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #272 of 283
And aren't "elitist" and "populist", like, opposites of each other?

This place is going to hell in a hand basket.
post #273 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

And aren't "elitist" and "populist", like, opposites of each other?

This place is going to hell in a hand basket.

It's really just one highly disruptive troll.
post #274 of 283
The level of hypocrisy around here between the 2004 election and now is ASTOUNDING! The level of mockery and contempt conservatives on this board showed liberals and Democrats was through the roof. BUSH HATRED was a very serious concern for these cretins. REVENGE FOR FLORIDA was a point repeated often.

And now we live in Opposite Land.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds. And some around here consider themselves having "hypocrisy fetish". Too bad that mirror doesn't turn the other way around.

The level of collective amnesia is utterly amazing.
post #275 of 283
Quote:

In his next post, giant will express concern about people discussing politics in a political forum during a political campaign He will note that they use certain phrases, have certain ideas about candidates and form certain opinions. Even more dangerous they have certain actions they would to see taken and concerns they want addressed and will discuss whether the candidate will be able to meet them.

This is all dangerous, dangerous stuff. These people, they talk, they write, they have thoughts and ideas.

Please realize that this stuff is dangerous, bad, and shows a truly evil intent. The only way to remove the evil intent is to not post any thoughts, ideas, have any thoughts crystallize into a common understanding in discussions and other associated actions. They should sit on their hands, with their mouths shut, and their brains off. That will show they aren't evil.

giant has moved beyond just attacking the messenger. Merely the concept of a messenger is now dangerous.

Being conservative and discussing politics.... it is a smear. You cannot participate.

Null and void.
post #276 of 283
Quote:

Uh, "are" what...black? Communists? Black Pathers? Windows users? N*ggers?

Are=Their core values and beliefs (if any). Their associations.

Quote:

We have with you. And you certainly have made your points on these. Yet you just keep spouting off into Bizarro World with the other claims from before. If you're willing to go through that all again...then do so. Just STFU about the bullshit already.

You also need to hang out with more black people I think...

That last part was really uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Dude. You're all over the place here. You were complaining that you were somehow not allowed to criticize Obama. And I was simply telling you that your complaint was horse-shit. We can argue the details of every criticism later. But the notion that you aren't allowed to criticize Obama WHILE CRITICIZING OBAMA was a little bit...umm...ironic.

Please...try and keep up. No one is preventing people from actually making the criticisms. It's the response from Obama that's the issue here. Point out that he was friendly with a terrorist? You're engaging in the divisive politics of the past! Point out that he went to a church with radical, anti-American pastor for 20 years? You're using race as an issue! Criticize things Obama's wife has said while she is campaigning for him? How DARE you bring his wife into this! Want more drilling? You're in bed with big oil! Ask him too many questions at a press conference? He's already answered eight questions!

The list goes on, Northgate. Obama will not stand for any criticism, because hey...that's out of line.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #277 of 283
Somebody better call the Whaaaaaaaaambulance.

WHY CAN'T WE MAKE IRRELEVANT ATTACKS ON OBAMA BY TEARING AT HIS FAMILY AND ASSOCIATIONS!?! IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!
post #278 of 283
Quote:

It's really just one highly disruptive troll.

Why thank you Joan, but you need to look in the mirror yourself.

post #279 of 283
Quote:

The list goes on, Northgate. Obama will not stand for any criticism, because hey...that's out of line.

It appears Obama is taking his criticism in stride. And it's irritating the shit out of McCain's campaign staff...and you apparently.

Now, if you're referring to me and those who support Obama as not standing for criticism of Obama, that's true. The same goes for you too.

So, please. Stop with the fucking condescension.
post #280 of 283
Quote:

Are=Their core values and beliefs (if any). Their associations.

That last part was really uncalled for.

Please...try and keep up. No one is preventing people from actually making the criticisms. It's the response from Obama that's the issue here. Point out that he was friendly with a terrorist? You're engaging in the divisive politics of the past! Point out that he went to a church with radical, anti-American pastor for 20 years? You're using race as an issue! Criticize things Obama's wife has said while she is campaigning for him? How DARE you bring his wife into this! Want more drilling? You're in bed with big oil! Ask him too many questions at a press conference? He's already answered eight questions!

While we're on the subject of questions there's a few you still haven't answered.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How Will They Slime Obama? COMPETITION!