or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 3G iPhone to be in-store activated; free upgrade for recent buyers

3G iPhone to be in-store activated; free upgrade for recent buyers - Page 4

post #121 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

Actually, many transscripts got this wrong. He said "a maximum of $199 in ALMOST all locations around the world".

Just to get it entirely right, he actually said "in almost all of these countries, the price is a maximum of 199, all around the world"
Notice he didn't actually say "dollars". Sneaky little bastards.

But you're right obviously, looks like a pricey iPhone in Belgium...
Luckily I go to school in the Netherlands

@samab:
While tied sale is not illegal in most European countries, I believe people must at any time be able to cancel their service contract and get their phone unlocked, be it for a fee.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

x zaqarov
post #122 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqarov View Post

Just to get it entirely right, he actually said "in almost all of these countries, the price is a maximum of 199, all around the world"
Notice he didn't actually say "dollars". Sneaky little bastards.

But you're right obviously, looks like a pricey iPhone in Belgium...
Luckily I go to school in the Netherlands

@samab:
While tied sale is not illegal in most European countries, I believe people must at any time be able to cancel their service contract and get their phone unlocked, be it for a fee.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

x zaqarov

Just look at O2 in UK --- they said as much as your iphone is a paper weight after you leave their network after the end of the contract. Look at the overturned injunction for the iphone in Germany --- T-Mobile Germany has no legal obligation to give you unlocking codes period.
post #123 of 125
Now that the iPhone is treated the same way as any other AT&T phone in term of everything. Are they going to unlock the iPhone for you the same way they unlock any other AT&T locked phone?! (I think it is usually 6 months or so).
post #124 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

White is definitely a good choice.

That said, I'd probably even get a white iPhone at those prices (if there were no black ones left). That is by far a better deal than what they are getting in the US.

Those prices are in British Pounds, they are almost 2 to 1 in USD right now, so I'm not sure it's really such a great deal... e.g. 8GB is ~$200 on the ~$70 plan and free with the ~$90 plan. The contract lengths are 6 mo shorter which is a definite plus however.
post #125 of 125
(edited out my rambling)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 3G iPhone to be in-store activated; free upgrade for recent buyers