or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds iPhone build 5A331, OS X 10.6 build 10A96, Safari 4

Apple seeds iPhone build 5A331, OS X 10.6 build 10A96, Safari 4 - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokessd View Post

Safari has them in some form, but plugins like adblock pro, flashblock, and noscript are key to me using the browser.

Frankly with the limited bandwidth and processor of the iPhone, something like adblock is even more important there. No I do NOT want to punch the monkey...

Sheldon

You won't have to punch the monkey because iPhone has the best adblocker ever, no Flash support.
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

You won't have to punch the monkey because iPhone has the best adblocker ever, no Flash support.

Most ads aren't flash.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Most ads aren't flash.

o rly

There are some plain HTML ads but those ads are much less annoying and CPU-hungry than the Flash ads.

But even this plain 'Wacom' ad that I'm looking at right now with no animation is Flash. Can you imagine?
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

WebKit builds have been > 14 MB starting with r27031 on 2007-10-25, when Leopard (in addition to Tiger) was included.

Why would a browser engine would need more code to work with a new OS? Would that be the work of Safari, not WebKit? I recall using WebKit nightly builds prior to the official release of Leopard.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Why would a browser engine would need more code to work with a new OS? Would that be the work of Safari, not WebKit? I recall using WebKit nightly builds prior to the official release of Leopard.

Because nightlies starting from that day ship for both Tiger and Safari. There are two (slightly) different versions of the frameworks in them.

Not more code, just the same code compiled with different dependencies and optimizations.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds iPhone build 5A331, OS X 10.6 build 10A96, Safari 4