or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Obama Really Believes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Obama Really Believes - Page 4

post #121 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Also, they encourage us to use 1/2 of the US corn crops to produce ethanol, thereby driving up the price of...everything. There is no real reason the price should be this high. All it's doing is hurting consumers...not just the poor, but the middle class. People like me used to pay $30 to fill their Toyotas. Now we pay $65-70. That's what...almost a $200 a month difference? That's $2400 a year. That's $2400 I could be using for many different things...saving, contributing to consumer spending, etc. And of course, the price of food has gone up too. Thank Congress for that.

No - government subsidies are the reason we produce ethanol, it is not a cost effective fuel without the government intervention.

And we need gas to go even higher in price if we want to survive as a species - the fact that you don't like paying so much to fill up your toyota is kind of a minor issue in comparison.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #122 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I'll bet you have many white friends, too, huh? It's not a "but whatever." FOX News used a phrase that originates in the black community to describe a single mother to describe a woman who will likely be the first lady of the United States. Period. The phrase subtly calls into question the legitimacy of their marriageand, honestly, have we actually seen their wedding license? Seriously? Have we? Do we know that they're actually married?



That's one hell of a sloppy rhyme, and if that's what they were trying to do, I'm just glad that Obama's last name isn't "jigger."

It doesn't do any of those things. It was a sloppy rhyme, and that's all. The only way you'll see more is if you happen to already believe FNC is a racist, fascist organization.

Quote:


The benefit of what doubt?

In other words, why don't you believe it was just a rhyme? I'll tell you why: Because of your preconceived notions, both about FNC and about Dean. Dean is a democrat, so naturally he's not a racist, no matter what he says. FNC leans conservative, so naturally they are racist.

Quote:

Because that's not what we're talking about.

Yeah, it really is. We're talking about statement made by a Democrat that are FAR worse than anything Fox has reported.

Quote:
Have you actually commented on the FOX News thing? Do you think it was OK? Do you have an opinion about it other than that poor, maligned, FOX news needs to be given the benefit of the doubt?

I think was just a rhyme. Really, I do. It's not hard to understand. I agree they probably should have not done it, but I don't think it was done with any malicious intent whatsoever. I can see how some might find it offensive. I don't think most have, otherwise we've have heard a lot more about it.

Quote:


Not in "parts of America." In a GOP convention in Texas. Among the base of your party. To whom are being sold things that are pretty blatantly racist. Addabox is right. A large chunk of America is about to have a rude awakening, partly because we never have dealt with our racism and partly because the GOP has forgotten how to behave itself.

Oh stop. The base of the Republican party is not racist. Neither is the base of the Democratic party. There are racists within each party, and in America in general. In fact, I'd be willing to bed that if we took a survey of 1000 Democrats and 1000 Republicans--and they answered honestly--you'd find at least as many "racists" in the Dem party if not more. That's the thing though...we only hear about racism in the GOP. We never hear about comments like Dean made, at least not from the MSM.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #123 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm betting they were just selling them to all the Hillary supporters who were there investigating alternatives to the Democratic party.

I mean it has to be Hillary supporters... or Republicans... or pretty much anyone who doesn't support Obama and is thus racist.

How come you keep trying to change the subject?

Quote:
Honestly do you think that every person who adds an -izzle to a word to try to pretend to be Snoop Dog is endorsing strong marijuana use, misogynistic ideas, and gang-banging?

Or are they just a stupidly trying to be cool?

Honestly, can you stay on topic? The highest-rated cable news network in America described the likely next first lady of the United States as a "baby mama," a term which specifically calls into question the legitimacy of her marriage.

Quote:
How many 45-55 year old couples do you think were trying out the fist bump since they watched Obama
and wife do it? How many younger children were rolling their eyes and swallowing back small bits of vomit when witnessing this?

How many times can you try to change the subject in one post?

Quote:
I think some old man has forgotten that the nature of humor is always offense to at least some. Do you honestly think that if you or I went to a button vendor and looked at all the buttons there we wouldn't find 95% but also 5% offensive? I'm sure another old man, George Carlin would have some choice words for you.

I would like to talk about that specific button, not all of the possible buttons in all of the world.

Quote:
I would also lay down money that there are hundreds of black comedians working on or already using bits about how Obama will "blacken" up the White House. Some of it will be funny, some of it will be offensive, a lot of it will rely on stereotypes. Oh well, get over it and toss an extra spoonful of sugar into your coffee to sweeten up your disposition and day.

How the hell did you get to this? Where did FOX news and "Baby Mama" go?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #124 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

How come you keep trying to change the subject?

Honestly, can you stay on topic? The highest-rated cable news network in America described the likely next first lady of the United States as a "baby mama," a term which specifically calls into question the legitimacy of her marriage.

How many times can you try to change the subject in one post?

I would like to talk about that specific button, not all of the possible buttons in all of the world.

How the hell did you get to this? Where did FOX news and "Baby Mama" go?

The subject is white/asian use of urban/black slang and whether it was used cool enough or appropriately in this particular instance.

The claims you make, about whether Obama is married, etc. were not made by the news organization and have not been made by anyone. You leap to that based off the misapplication of the slang. I find it much easier to believe that FoxNews is going to misapply slang. I cited several other areas where people will misapply slang or try to be hip when they are not. You cite the misapplication of the slang and well... nothing else. No one is chasing some news story about Obama and wife not being married or having illegitimate children, etc.

You appear to intentionally confuse the two because you prefer to think of such people as racist. They may be a bit ignorant or not as well acquainted with the culture of another as they would like to believe, but that isn't racist. I've viewed the video of when this ran on the scroll and I'm sure you have as well. No one in that clip is discussing the state of the Obama children or marriage.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #125 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The subject is white/asian use of urban/black slang and whether it was used cool enough or appropriately in this particular instance.

The claims you make, about whether Obama is married, etc. were not made by the news organization and have not been made by anyone. You leap to that based off the misapplication of the slang. I find it much easier to believe that FoxNews is going to misapply slang. I cited several other areas where people will misapply slang or try to be hip when they are not. You cite the misapplication of the slang and well... nothing else. No one is chasing some news story about Obama and wife not being married or having illegitimate children, etc.

You appear to intentionally confuse the two because you prefer to think of such people as racist. They may be a bit ignorant or not as well acquainted with the culture of another as they would like to believe, but that isn't racist. I've viewed the video of when this ran on the scroll and I'm sure you have as well. No one in that clip is discussing the state of the Obama children or marriage.

Ding ding ding ding! Exactly. It's about what he wants to believe. Yet amazingly, he can ignore all other transgressions...especially those by Democrats which are explicitly racist.

Quote:
"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." -- Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)
"Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey's cars?" -- Song from the show of left-wing radio host Neil Rogers

Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write." -- Mike Wallace, CBS News. Source: Newsmax

"Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them." -- Donna Brazile, Al Gore's Campaign Manager for the 2000 election
(On Clarence Thomas) "A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom." -- Spike Lee


"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black." -- California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage


Hymies.' 'Hymietown.' -- Jesse Jackson's description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.

"Jews � that's J-E-W-S." -- Democratic state representative Bill McKinney on why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002



"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health." -- Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002


"Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them." -- Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights
(I) "will not let the white boys win in this election." -- Donna Brazile, Al Gore's Campaign Manager on the 2000 election


"The old white boys got taken fair and square." -- San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown after winning an election


"There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time." -- Former Klansman and Current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate" in March of 2001


"The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won't pay for much family planning." -- Jocelyn Elders


The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years." -- Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, City College audience in New York


"There's no great, white bigot; there's just about 200 million little white bigots out there." -- USA Today columnist Julienne Malveaux


"We have lost to the white racist press and to the racist reactionary Jewish misleaders." -- Former Rep. Gus Savage (D-Illinois) after his defeat 1992


"White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Rev. Al Sharpton in a 1994 speech at Kean College, NJ, cited in "Democrats Do the Dumbest Things


"The white race is the cancer of human history." -- Susan Sontag


"Reparations are a really good way for white people to admit they're wrong." -- Zack Webb, University Of Kentucky NAACP

Now, some of my favorites:

Quote:

Dean: "I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks."

Biden: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy ... I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Those comments are blatantly racist. And not a word was heard from you guys when they were made. We got excuses. You know why? Because Republicans are racists and Democrats aren't. That's just the way it is in your world.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #126 of 202
Right. Ya'll go with that. Black and liberals are the real racists, and when a candidate for President of the United States and his wife are portrayed in overtly racist terms, it's just good fun and clever rhyming. Or possibly entirely innocent misuse of "urban slang" by national news networks taking a stab at being "cool" and "down with the kids."

This kind of inane rationalizing is the reason the right has a real problem on its hands. The SDWs and Trumptmen of the world have been preaching this gospel-- that blacks and liberals are racist, that actual racism is benign, and if African Americans themselves use certain terms then they have "no right" to complain if such terms get used by whites-- until it becomes difficult if not impossible for the right to present a coherent response to race, when it becomes necessary to do so.

Which it has. All of the above is just typical chaff, designed to confuse the discourse and rob the Democrats of a talking point. It was never designed to stand up to scrutiny, or to get down to cases.

Barack Obama is a case. Self-serving crap about how white men are the real oppressed minority don't mean shit when the "Obama looks like a monkey and his wife is a ho" crowd gets rolling.

And, fellas, guess what? You invited them in. You told them that their odious shit wasn't that bad, that they, actually, kind of had a point, and, anyway, the real problem was Al Sharpton and his Democratic enablers, so what harm a few jigaboos among friends?

And now they figure it's all good, and you're left with your fucking lame excuses and pathetic lists of how liberals are worse.

So, by all means, go for it. Don't denounce this stuff in no uncertain terms, go for it. Let the straight up racists know that, when it comes to the Republican Party, a minstrel show in defense of McCain is no vice.

Bring those chickens on home to roost, boys.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #127 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Bring those chickens on home to roost, boys.

Mmmmmmm...... chickens!

I heard that the Obamas like theirs FRIED..... with collard greens on the side.

And watermelon, too.... don't forget the watermelon!
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #128 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Right. Ya'll go with that. Black and liberals are the real racists, and when a candidate for President of the United States and his wife are portrayed in overtly racist terms, it's just good fun and clever rhyming. Or possibly entirely innocent misuse of "urban slang" by national news networks taking a stab at being "cool" and "down with the kids."

You are the one pulling racism out of the air. The fact that you feel like you can do this is based in part, though I would argue exclusively, on the fact that the people you desire to accuse are white or as Mydo noted and you certainly didn't condemn, asian which is the other "white meat."

Baby mama does denote possible illegitimacy but it is no form is only associated with one race nor is illegitimacy. Perhaps they are in your mind, but that is your own racism speaking and you don't need to slap others with it.

Quote:
This kind of inane rationalizing is the reason the right has a real problem on its hands. The SDWs and Trumptmen of the world have been preaching this gospel-- that blacks and liberals are racist, that actual racism is benign, and if African Americans themselves use certain terms then they have "no right" to complain if such terms get used by whites-- until it becomes difficult if not impossible for the right to present a coherent response to race, when it becomes necessary to do so.

Sorry dude, but you are the one with the insane as opposed to inane belief that racism can only be a one way street. Stereotyping is stereotyping and negative stereotyping about a race is racism no matter what economic level, political persuasion or race the person doing it happens to be.

Also humor is humor and slang is slang. Some words, it is argued are slang to some and slurs when it is applied to others. I'm of the view that it is a slur all the way around. It isn't that someone has "no right" to complain if certain terms are used by whites. Rather it is ridiculous to assert that their community inclusive use of it is only slang when those of us who have lived and worked in that community know it is a slur meant to put someone in their place and remind them not to leave it.

I don't want the right to use a word. I want the fact that I judge that word as a slur to not be discounted. It is and that is not based on the facts, but on who I am.

Quote:
Which it has. All of the above is just typical chaff, designed to confuse the discourse and rob the Democrats of a talking point. It was never designed to stand up to scrutiny, or to get down to cases.

If you want to spend all your time arguing that only one group can judge, only one group can harm, and that human nature is a one way street based on skin color and history, enjoy the confusion you have to keep trying to explain away.

Quote:
Barack Obama is a case. Self-serving crap about how white men are the real oppressed minority don't mean shit when the "Obama looks like a monkey and his wife is a ho" crowd gets rolling.

Enjoy your caricatures. You prefer to argue with them and strawmen instead of reality.

Quote:
And, fellas, guess what? You invited them in. You told them that their odious shit wasn't that bad, that they, actually, kind of had a point, and, anyway, the real problem was Al Sharpton and his Democratic enablers, so what harm a few jigaboos among friends?

I love how you not only have me enabling racists, but probably calling out slurs while me and those I keep company with must all be having a big racist party. You are so full of crap you must not be able to stand the smell of yourself. You resort to this because your reasoning is so weak. You have to kill the messenger. Hell you have to destroy the messenger. You have to make it so no one would dare even consult or look at the messenger out of a fear that any engagement would reveal the truth. You scare people into being intellectually dull and attempt to crush their curiosity out of a fear it will reveal that your one way claims cannot stand up.

Quote:
And now they figure it's all good, and you're left with your fucking lame excuses and pathetic lists of how liberals are worse.

Who are "they"... the "fucking lame" voices in your head?

Quote:
So, by all means, go for it. Don't denounce this stuff in no uncertain terms, go for it. Let the straight up racists know that, when it comes to the Republican Party, a minstrel show in defense of McCain is no vice.

Bring those chickens on home to roost, boys.

I'll tell you what... why don't you keep arguing that because the minstrel show is black owned, or because blacks get a percentage of the take, that it really isn't a minstrel show. Why don't you argue that those pointing it out as such are just "fucking lame" and "pathetic" since they won't see it your way.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #129 of 202
I don't think racism is what people think it is. Racism isn't getting caught saying dumb things.
post #130 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Mmmmmmm...... chickens!

I heard that the Obamas like theirs FRIED..... with collard greens on the side.

And watermelon, too.... don't forget the watermelon!



or whatever the hell they serve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aWS0StFM5I
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
traveling the globe in an envelope
Reply
post #131 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Some indignation,

You bet. Racism is a "two way street" in the sense that there is a history of non-whites oppressing whites, white people have disproportionately high incidences of child mortality and poverty, white people are woefully underrepresented in the nation's boardrooms and in the nation's government, non-whites have all the money and power, white people find it more difficult to secure mortgages and loans than non-whites, white people are always getting pulled over by the cops because being white is generally "suspicious", and any minute now Fox is going to refer to Cindy McCain as a "cunt", because white people routinely use this term, her own husband uses this term, and, anyway, "Cindy McCunt" sort of rolls off the tongue so where's your sense of humor? Also: Al Sharpton and hip hop.

As I say, Obama's candidacy is a great opportunity for the Republicans to make their case to the American people. Calling the wife of a presidential candidate his "baby mama" isn't in the slightest bit racist, because black folk are always calling each other that and America is very relaxed and stuff like that is just sort of funny and fun. Maybe McCain can make some speeches about how racist black people are, and how being resentful is much like being denied housing or being disenfranchised.

I mean, why beat around the bushman? Put it to the American people, straight up: Barack Obama is a racist, black racism is the real problem, and racial harmony is achievable if they would just stop being so damn touchy about every little thing. Make that the centerpiece of the McCain campaign, and let's get on with it. Let's see where we stand.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #132 of 202
No no no, Adda. In the modern Republican party, nothing means anything anymore. "Nigger" isn't a racist term, but if you claim that it is, you are revealing your own racism bubbling to the surface and revealing that you are, in fact, the racist, not the person using the word "nigger."

Say, for instance, that you are a Republican. I know. Hard to imagine, but try. Anyway, imagine that you're a Republican and that there is a black presidential candidate on the Dem side. I know. Complete frackin' fantasy. Anyway, say his name is "Barack HUSSEIN Obama." "Hussein" stands for "darkie." Now imagine that that candidate went to a church were the preachersay his name is Wright said some things that you think are racist, and so you point them out. The problem is that that's actually YOU being racist for seeing those things in those words, since the words don't actually mean anything. So when you complain about it, YOU are the real racist, not Wright, who didn't actually do anything but assemble a set of sounds together that have no meaning outside what you impute on to them. But don't ask where you got those racist ideas to associate with those things, because that is decidedly OFF LIMITS AND WE CANNOT TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T READ THAT FAR IN OUR DERRIDA.

But I think you're right about the McCain campaign. McCain shouuld totally go out there and make this a centerpiece of his campaign. And maybe choose that Obama Monkey doll as his running mate.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #133 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You bet. Racism is a "two way street" in the sense that there is a history of non-whites oppressing whites, white people have disproportionately high incidences of child mortality and poverty, white people are woefully underrepresented in the nation's boardrooms and in the nation's government, non-whites have all the money and power, white people find it more difficult to secure mortgages and loans than non-whites, white people are always getting pulled over by the cops because being white is generally "suspicious", and any minute now Fox is going to refer to Cindy McCain as a "cunt", because white people routinely use this term, her own husband uses this term, and, anyway, "Cindy McCunt" sort of rolls off the tongue so where's your sense of humor? Also: Al Sharpton and hip hop..

I love it! I mean why quote words because you just prefer the caricatures. You are so awesome!

Now see, if I were a racist like you, I would just look at skin color. However since I am not, I would ask how many of those people serving in boardrooms and in government have Ivy league educations? You know... like Barack Obama? I guess he is only half oppressive by your reasoning, probably why he only won over half the party and was accused of sexism by the other half. I just must be those evil, oppressive white genes that made him do it. The same ones he was given by his grandmother I suppose.

Enjoy your rant. Enjoy your hate. Enjoy being the racist you have shown yourself to be.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #134 of 202
Kinda like how made-up stories about him and his wife that make them both look like complete losers shows us all how society hates men.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #135 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

No no no, Adda. In the modern Republican party, nothing means anything anymore. "Nigger" isn't a racist term, but if you claim that it is, you are revealing your own racism bubbling to the surface and revealing that you are, in fact, the racist, not the person using the word "nigger."

Say, for instance, that you are a Republican. I know. Hard to imagine, but try. Anyway, imagine that you're a Republican and that there is a black presidential candidate on the Dem side. I know. Complete frackin' fantasy. Anyway, say his name is "Barack HUSSEIN Obama." "Hussein" stands for "darkie." Now imagine that that candidate went to a church were the preacher—say his name is Wright— said some things that you think are racist, and so you point them out. The problem is that that's actually YOU being racist for seeing those things in those words, since the words don't actually mean anything. So when you complain about it, YOU are the real racist, not Wright, who didn't actually do anything but assemble a set of sounds together that have no meaning outside what you impute on to them. But don't ask where you got those racist ideas to associate with those things, because that is decidedly OFF LIMITS AND WE CANNOT TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T READ THAT FAR IN OUR DERRIDA.

But I think you're right about the McCain campaign. McCain shouuld totally go out there and make this a centerpiece of his campaign. And maybe choose that Obama Monkey doll as his running mate.

Thanks, man, I keep loosing track of how that works. I grew up with those hopelessly outdated notions of "context" and "history", but I see now that those, too, are just noises. There is only branding in the perpetual Now, and most frequent=most true.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #136 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

No no no, Adda. In the modern Republican party, nothing means anything anymore. "Nigger" isn't a racist term, but if you claim that it is, you are revealing your own racism bubbling to the surface and revealing that you are, in fact, the racist, not the person using the word "nigger."

No no no, Adda. In the modern Democratic party, nothing means anything anymore. "Nigger" isn't a racist term if you black, but not to understand or believe this, you are revealing your own racism bubbling to the surface and revealing that you are, in fact, the racist, not the person using the word "nigger."

Quote:
Say, for instance, that you are a Republican. I know. Hard to imagine, but try. Anyway, imagine that you're a Republican and that there is a black presidential candidate on the Dem side. I know. Complete frackin' fantasy. Anyway, say his name is "Barack HUSSEIN Obama." "Hussein" stands for "darkie." Now imagine that that candidate went to a church were the preachersay his name is Wright said some things that you think are racist, and so you point them out. The problem is that that's actually YOU being racist for seeing those things in those words, since the words don't actually mean anything. So when you complain about it, YOU are the real racist, not Wright, who didn't actually do anything but assemble a set of sounds together that have no meaning outside what you impute on to them. But don't ask where you got those racist ideas to associate with those things, because that is decidedly OFF LIMITS AND WE CANNOT TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T READ THAT FAR IN OUR DERRIDA.

Say, for instance, that you are a Democrat. I know. Hard to imagine, but try. Anyway, imagine that you're a Democrat and that there is a black presidential candidate on the Dem side. I know. Complete frackin' fantasy. Anyway, say his name is "Barack HUSSEIN Obama." "Hussein" stands for "darkie." Even if it doesn't it does because when you can claim racism, you don't have to discuss the ideas behind "Change" Sure the Republicans believe this guy the most liberal candidate ever and also believe his pacifist agenda will not get him elected, but instead of thinking about that you can discuss how they are racist because "we all know" they hate his middle name. Now imagine that that candidate went to a church were the preachersay his name is Wright said some things that you think are racist, and so you point them out. The problem is that that's actually YOU being racist for seeing those things in those words. You should understand that being black is a condition that excuses behavior. It is easier to talk about the past and ignore the present. An Ivy league educated presidential candidate excusing hate from a mega-church leader who is retiring to a $1.6 million dollar home would normally be completely indefensible and inexcusable but you add the adjective black and... well it is now okay for reasoning you just can't understand since you are... racist. So when you complain about it, YOU are the real racist, not Wright, who didn't actually do anything but assemble a set of sounds together that have no meaning outside what you impute on to them. The normally understood meaning doesn't exist or matter and can't be understood by you anyway since you are the wrong.. race, gender, age, hell we will think of something to disqualify you. You probably live in too small a town and thus are bitter. All don't ask where you got those racist ideas to associate with those things, because that is decidedly OFF LIMITS AND WE CANNOT TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T READ THAT FAR IN OUR DERRIDA OR RATHER WE DID BUT THERE IS SIMPLY NO WAY TO EXCUSE IT SO... HEY LOOK AT THAT OVER THERE!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #137 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Thanks, man, I keep loosing track of how that works. I grew up with those hopelessly outdated notions of "context" and "history", but I see now that those, too, are just noises. There is only branding in the perpetual Now, and most frequent=most true.

Right. Also, don't forget that there is only rhetoric. Until a city gets flooded and the solution of MORE PRESS CONFERENCES doesn't seem to be working.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #138 of 202
Anyone seen Nick? Last I saw him was here:

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #139 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Right. Also, don't forget that there is only rhetoric. Until a city gets flooded and the solution of MORE PRESS CONFERENCES doesn't seem to be working.

That's what the Republican Party has now, post-Bush: a huge, smoking, crumpled, broken mountain of The Real, and literally no way to talk about it. Or, rather, no way to talk about that doesn't cause ever more Americans to go "WTF? Dude! Mountain. WTF are you saying? I can see your lips move but all I hear are noises. Hey! Mountain."
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #140 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Right. Also, don't forget that there is only rhetoric. Until a city gets flooded and the solution of MORE PRESS CONFERENCES doesn't seem to be working.

You don't have to be so mean to Democrats. Sure Bobby Jindal lost to Governor Blanco in 2003, the floods occurred and then they elected him to show those damn Republicans how much they hate global warming and Bush, but really, you don't have to rub it in.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #141 of 202
In honor of Addabox, I've decided to translate this short news article from English to Democraticish.

Quote:
President Bush calls to congratulate Celtics

BOSTON (AP)President Bush has offered his congratulations to the Boston Celtics for winning their 17th NBA championship.

Team owner Wyc Grousbeck says the president called him Wednesday, one day after the Celtics beat the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 6 and secured their first title in 22 years. Grousbeck says that helped it sink in.

Grousbeck says Bush told him he really enjoyed the game and that the Celtics made Boston proud.

Grousbeck says it was a very gracious, generous phone call.

President Bush calls to condemn Celtics

BOSTON (AP)President Bush has offered his condemnation to the Boston Celtics for winning their 17th NBA championship. Bush thought, "What the hell are those jigaboo lawn jockeys doing on a court making millions when they ought to know their place." He didn't say it but we know he thought it anyway.

Team owner Wyc Grousbeck says the president called him Wednesday, one day after the Celtics beat the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 6 and secured their first title in 22 years. Grousbeck says that helped it sink in. By sink in, we mean that Grousbeck realized that he is still the oppressive owner and that Bush was actually congratulating him for "Keeping them n*ggers busy picking cotton and doing mentally unchallenging acts well-suited to their sub-human intelligence," which is what winning and congratulate really mean in Republican code words.

Grousbeck says Bush told him he really enjoyed the game and that the Celtics made Boston proud. By proud we mean proud that fewer white women would be raped and murdered since them darkies would be busy chasing around an orange ball instead of soiling our pure race since that is the only thing anyone white in Boston could be proud about according to the thoughts we read from the Bush mind.

Grousbeck says it was a very gracious, generous phone call. By gracious and generous we mean that Bush was not scared to speak to Grousbeck since he is white and rich and helps keep the black man down.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #142 of 202
That is entirely inappropriate.

Nick take a few breathers.
post #143 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

That is entirely inappropriate.

Nick take a few breathers.

If I want to see something inappropriate, I'll look at your sig.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #144 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

That's what the Republican Party has now, post-Bush: a huge, smoking, crumpled, broken mountain of The Real, and literally no way to talk about it. Or, rather, no way to talk about that doesn't cause ever more Americans to go "WTF? Dude! Mountain. WTF are you saying? I can see your lips move but all I hear are noises. Hey! Mountain."

Right. And the only thing they can do, anymore, the only thing left in their rhetorical arsenal, is say "Nuh uh, it's y'all's fault," scream something about Obama being another most liberal human on teh planet*, make some kind of magic hand gesture, and then bring Rudy in to say a noun, a verb, and 9/11.

--
* I imagine that claim to be something the al Qaeda organizational chart where OBL it at the top and everyone else is #2. It's almost like there's no actual thought that goes into the claim, and I fully expect to see someone claim in the same breath that HRC is the most liberal of the senate, and that BO is also also the most liberal member, and that Ted Kennedy is also also also the most liberal member, and that Edwards is also also also also the most liberal member.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #145 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Right. And the only thing they can do, anymore, the only thing left in their rhetorical arsenal, is say "Nuh uh, it's y'all's fault," scream something about Obama being another most liberal human on teh planet*, make some kind of magic hand gesture, and then bring Rudy in to say a noun, a verb, and 9/11.

--
* I imagine that claim to be something the al Qaeda organizational chart where OBL it at the top and everyone else is #2. It's almost like there's no actual thought that goes into the claim, and I fully expect to see someone claim in the same breath that HRC is the most liberal of the senate, and that BO is also also the most liberal member, and that Ted Kennedy is also also also the most liberal member, and that Edwards is also also also also the most liberal member.

Don't forget Kerry, although, as you had pointed out on more than one occasion, his relentless liberalism and his endless flip-flopping were a little hard to parse.

Say, come to think of it, it's come round again-- Obama is Teh Most Liberal Evah at the same time he Doesn't Really Believe In Anything. Good thing words don't mean anything.

It sure is mean of liberals to shut down all discussion about Obama's tremendous, unprecedented liberalism by shouting "racist!" all the time.

If not for that, we could have a real discussion, say, right here on this internet site, and talk about the dreadful specter of an Obama presidency which be would be really, really liberal.

How, you say? By being the most liberal ever. That's the kind of substantive discourse that's being blocked by liberals shouting racism.

Well, that and needing to talk endlessly about Wright and BFF terrorists and birth certificates and bitter, whitey hating wives and flag pins and terrorist bumps and NOI staffers and elitism and madrassas.

Hey, maybe I can sneak it in while the liberals aren't looking: Mostest. Mostitty Most. Liberal. Evah. Evah. Evah. Evah.

I rest my case.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #146 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Say, come to think of it, it's come round again-- Obama is Teh Most Liberal Evah at the same time he Doesn't Really Believe In Anything. Good thing words don't mean anything.

All I can figure out from this smoldering caldera of a thread is that Republicans only have spin and rhetoric and that nothing means anything more. Right, you racist?
post #147 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

All I can figure out from this smoldering caldera of a thread is that Republicans only have spin and rhetoric and that nothing means anything more. Right, you racist?

You got it, whitey.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #148 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Don't forget Kerry, although, as you had pointed out on more than one occasion, his relentless liberalism and his endless flip-flopping were a little hard to parse.

Say, come to think of it, it's come round again-- Obama is Teh Most Liberal Evah at the same time he Doesn't Really Believe In Anything. Good thing words don't mean anything.

Right. It's this sort of bizarre set of claims that happen as knee-jerk but don't actually mean anything, especially when there are people (some of whom inhabit this forum) who honestly claim that there is no difference between the Democrats and communists. What's even weirder is that it all starts to fall apart when you actually try to find some evidence of this glorious conservatism that is at the heart of the GOP. When, precisely, was this the case? I honestly can't remember there ever being a GOP government that cut taxes and cut spending. Bush? No. Bush? No. Reagan? No. Nixon? No. And every time? "They steered away from their conservative principles." Doesn't look like they ever had any to begin withoutside of rhetoric about having conservative principles and loving Jeebus and liking to hunt.

Quote:
It sure is mean of liberals to shut down all discussion about Obama's tremendous, unprecedented liberalism by shouting "racist!" all the time.

Now, in all fairness, if the Republicans would stop doing racist shit, the Democrats would stop calling it racist.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #149 of 202
Wiping all that whitey chalk off of America's blackboards.

Now where's my whiteboard?

Found it.

it's this thread!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #150 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Right. It's this sort of bizarre set of claims that happen as knee-jerk but don't actually mean anything, especially when there are people (some of whom inhabit this forum) who honestly claim that there is no difference between the Democrats and communists. What's even weirder is that it all starts to fall apart when you actually try to find some evidence of this glorious conservatism that is at the heart of the GOP. When, precisely, was this the case? I honestly can't remember there ever being a GOP government that cut taxes and cut spending. Bush? No. Bush? No. Reagan? No. Nixon? No. And every time? "They steered away from their conservative principles." Doesn't look like they ever had any to begin withoutside of rhetoric about having conservative principles and loving Jeebus and liking to hunt.

This all reminds me of something...... oh yeah, fuckin' Baudrillard, God help us:

Quote:
In this passage to a space whose curvature is no longer that of the real, nor of truth, the age of simulation thus begins with a liquidation of all referentials - worse: by their art)ficial resurrection in systems of signs, which are a more ductile material than meaning, in that they lend themselves to all systems of equivalence, all binary oppositions and all combinatory algebra. It is no longer a question of imitation, nor of reduplication, nor even of parody. It is rather a question of substituting signs of the real for the real itself; that is, an operation to deter every real process by its operational double, a metastable, programmatic, perfect descriptive machine which provides all the signs of the real and short-circuits all its vicissitudes.

Psssst........ya'll: he thought that was a bad thing, not a great idea about how to win elections.

Anyway being an egg-head Frenchman, and all, Baudrillard underestimated the power of vicissitudes, I think. Cities under water and stupid, meat grinding wars have a way of focusing the attention.

Quote:
Now, in all fairness, if the Republicans would stop doing racist shit, the Democrats would stop calling it racist.

I believe it is the calling of racism that conjures into being, no? Nick?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #151 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

This all reminds me of something...... oh yeah, fuckin' Baudrillard, God help us

Right. The simulacra is what it's all about for the GOP at this point. Remember the "Reality-based community"? Remember Nagin going on the air on that radio show and talking about "no more god-damned press conferences"? That was entirely about the appearance of doing something ("heck of a job, Brownie") without actually doing anything. Remember that Brown didn't know that people had gathered at the Superdome? It's the perfect moment where rhetoric doesn't meet up with the reality. Sort of like Iraq and Afghanistan, which are easier to make claims about since they're so far away and the MSM has gotten bored with talking about the war. But remember the embedded reporters? Remember the fall of Saddam's statue? What do you do when you cease to care about the real and only about the simulacra? I think we've seen the evidence for that on these boards.

Quote:
I believe it is the calling of racism that conjures into being, no? Nick?

Exactly! The KKK is not inherently racist, but imputing onto it racist motives reveals the racism of the imputer.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #152 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Right. And the only thing they can do, anymore, the only thing left in their rhetorical arsenal, is say "Nuh uh, it's y'all's fault," scream something about Obama being another most liberal human on teh planet*, make some kind of magic hand gesture, and then bring Rudy in to say a noun, a verb, and 9/11.

--
* I imagine that claim to be something the al Qaeda organizational chart where OBL it at the top and everyone else is #2. It's almost like there's no actual thought that goes into the claim, and I fully expect to see someone claim in the same breath that HRC is the most liberal of the senate, and that BO is also also the most liberal member, and that Ted Kennedy is also also also the most liberal member, and that Edwards is also also also also the most liberal member.

Yes it is all magic and mass hypnosis. All those Republican wins.. even the current ones, all fiction, and handwaving.

The real problem with Democrats is, you know they can't push a chad off a vote, but they have all the answers. Except for when they don't because they made their own ballots wrong.

Edwards, the most brilliant man to not carry his own state as a VP. Kerry the greatest war hero reporting for duty who committed but then caught others lying about atrocities, and Kennedy, well he has such great judgment that he believes Obama is best for us when he isn't killing others with his driving (and drinking). Hillary, well she was fooled by Bush and his magic hand gestures so surely we can all trust her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Don't forget Kerry, although, as you had pointed out on more than one occasion, his relentless liberalism and his endless flip-flopping were a little hard to parse.

Say, come to think of it, it's come round again-- Obama is Teh Most Liberal Evah at the same time he Doesn't Really Believe In Anything. Good thing words don't mean anything.

Has anyone claimed Obama doesn't believe anything? I mean we've all read the claim that he can't HEAR anything like all the words that would actually let him know what his pastor believes. He didn't hear those. However I think everyone does think he believes in something. Of course he doesn't say ANYTHING. That is the real issue. However he is CHANGE and HOPE and a once in a generation leader who can do anything.

Quote:
It sure is mean of liberals to shut down all discussion about Obama's tremendous, unprecedented liberalism by shouting "racist!" all the time.

Silly, they don't shut down discussion. They do what you do which is to argue that the other party shouldn't even be allowed to discuss. You can't have a discussion with a racist. You can't compromise with a racist. You don't need to hear the "other viewpoint" when it is racist. There is nothing to shut down because there is nothing to see or hear. Please take your pill, discard all thought and vote as we tell you now otherwise you are voting "against your interests" and thus are mentally ill.

Quote:
If not for that, we could have a real discussion, say, right here on this internet site, and talk about the dreadful specter of an Obama presidency which be would be really, really liberal.

How, you say? By being the most liberal ever. That's the kind of substantive discourse that's being blocked by liberals shouting racism.

Yeah because there isn't a thread on here about how they will smear Obama.

Quote:
Well, that and needing to talk endlessly about Wright and BFF terrorists and birth certificates and bitter, whitey hating wives and flag pins and terrorist bumps and NOI staffers and elitism and madrassas.

Hey, maybe I can sneak it in while the liberals aren't looking: Mostest. Mostitty Most. Liberal. Evah. Evah. Evah. Evah.

I rest my case.

Yes and we also need to add that McCain is old... and volatile, and senile and Bush part 3 and his wife did drugs, and is rich and won't disclose the taxes they have filed separately since the down of time. We also need to know he once heard a bad joke, and called her a name, and well none of this exists because Obama is all about TEH CLEAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

All I can figure out from this smoldering caldera of a thread is that Republicans only have spin and rhetoric and that nothing means anything more. Right, you racist?

Stop drinking the two year old beer and posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Right. It's this sort of bizarre set of claims that happen as knee-jerk but don't actually mean anything, especially when there are people (some of whom inhabit this forum) who honestly claim that there is no difference between the Democrats and communists. What's even weirder is that it all starts to fall apart when you actually try to find some evidence of this glorious conservatism that is at the heart of the GOP. When, precisely, was this the case? I honestly can't remember there ever being a GOP government that cut taxes and cut spending. Bush? No. Bush? No. Reagan? No. Nixon? No. And every time? "They steered away from their conservative principles." Doesn't look like they ever had any to begin withoutside of rhetoric about having conservative principles and loving Jeebus and liking to hunt.

Now, in all fairness, if the Republicans would stop doing racist shit, the Democrats would stop calling it racist.

Can you find the instances where they were cutting the rate of growth and were called the Gingrich who Stole Christmas?



Maybe the Democrats should stop calling disagreements real or imagined, racism. I mean they would know racism since half the party is racist since they didn't for Obama. We all know the only reason someone wouldn't vote for Obama is they are racist. Why even Bill and Hillary are racist with Bill going from being the first black president to world class racist.

Oh I forgot.. Republicans bad, and sloganeering so none of this is true at all.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #153 of 202
Slick Willie is a darkist?

Or Gingerich is a darkist?

Or Gingerich is a whiteyist?

Or Gingerich is dreaming of a whiteyist in the whiteyist house Christmas?

This thread doesn't make any cents.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #154 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Right. The simulacra is what it's all about for the GOP at this point. Remember the "Reality-based community"? Remember Nagin going on the air on that radio show and talking about "no more god-damned press conferences"? That was entirely about the appearance of doing something ("heck of a job, Brownie") without actually doing anything. Remember that Brown didn't know that people had gathered at the Superdome? It's the perfect moment where rhetoric doesn't meet up with the reality. Sort of like Iraq and Afghanistan, which are easier to make claims about since they're so far away and the MSM has gotten bored with talking about the war. But remember the embedded reporters? Remember the fall of Saddam's statue? What do you do when you cease to care about the real and only about the simulacra? I think we've seen the evidence for that on these boards.

It's kind of alarming that what brought all this into full flower was 9/11, which is about as real as it gets. When faced with a big problem, we just go straight to la-la land? Not encouraging.

Quote:
Exactly! The KKK is not inherently racist, but imputing onto it racist motives reveals the racism of the imputer.

That'd make a cool t-shirt. Maybe with a picture of a guy in a sheet with a big question mark over his head.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #155 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It's kind of alarming that what brought all this into full flower was 9/11, which is about as real as it gets. When faced with a big problem, we just go straight to la-la land? Not encouraging.

I think it was in full swing before 9/11. Bush's ranch in Crawford? Bush as a regular guy? All that stuff? All that theater? It's just that 9/11 raised the stakes.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #156 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I think it was in full swing before 9/11. Bush's ranch in Crawford? Bush as a regular guy? All that stuff? All that theater? It's just that 9/11 raised the stakes.

Yeah, I reckon.

Hey, remember when Republicans were supposed to be the hard-nosed, flinty ones? Bankers and actuaries and clear eyed pragmatists, to a man. And that was set against the airy-fairy Utopian fantasies of the left with their goofy cum dangerous notions of the perfectibility of society.

I wonder when they got so addicted to nonsense. Maybe it has something to do with investing so heavily in culture wars, which obliges you to deal almost exclusively in superheated intangibles. That, and the fetishizing of "gummit is the problem" as the answer to every question, which precludes doing much of anything.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #157 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I think it was in full swing before 9/11. Bush's ranch in Crawford? Bush as a regular guy? All that stuff? All that theater? It's just that 9/11 raised the stakes.


Yeah he's just a plain ol' rancher who likes to play golf and take vacations.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #158 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yeah, I reckon.

Hey, remember when Republicans were supposed to be the hard-nosed, flinty ones? Bankers and actuaries and clear eyed pragmatists, to a man. And that was set against the airy-fairy Utopian fantasies of the left with their goofy cum dangerous notions of the perfectibility of society.

I wonder when they got so addicted to nonsense. Maybe it has something to do with investing so heavily in culture wars, which obliges you to deal almost exclusively in superheated intangibles. That, and the fetishizing of "gummit is the problem" as the answer to every question, which precludes doing much of anything.

Maybe around this time.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #159 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yeah he's just a plain ol' rancher who likes to play golf and take vacations.

Just after the 2000 election, one of my relatives insisted to me that Bush was a regular guy because he only owned 10% of the Rangers.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #160 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I think it was in full swing before 9/11. Bush's ranch in Crawford? Bush as a regular guy? All that stuff? All that theater? It's just that 9/11 raised the stakes.

And all along I thought Dubya was a lumberjackoffist or a turkeyist;

Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Obama Really Believes