or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Obama Really Believes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Obama Really Believes - Page 3

post #81 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I want to try this.

I make a statement, more like an insult posing as a statement. If you don't roll over and just believe my assertion, then you are also an insult.

I've heard of circular reasoning, but that is more like circular insulting.

I've read that the bloggers at Huffington Post and Daily Kos are eating children and burning kittens for heat. If you have to ask how I know this, then you're really ignorant.

My God. You're an infant. I'll spell it out for you ABC.

"Baby mama..." Race.
"Obama=Jeremiah Wright and Jeremiah Wright said..." Race.
"Madrassa..." Race.
"Michelle Obama said 'Whitey'..." Race.

Now stop being an ignorant tool and open your eyes to the reality of what's going on.
post #82 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

What a brilliant observation!!!! LOL.

You directly implied that, absent regulation, Walmart would pay people $1 per hour. This is clearly not true from the factual evidence.
post #83 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

No it doesn't.

Sweden, Denmark, Norway, The Netherlands ALL have a higher standard of living for the average worker than the United States of America.
Quote:
There is plenty. You simply refuse to acknowledge it.

No. there is not "plenty" that isn't rhetorical speculation or debatable interpretation. Not one instance of historical data that a MAJORITY of economists wouldn't call debatable. A majority of economists wouldn't call the FACT that Scandinavia has a higher standard of living than the us debatable. It just simply isn't. It's fact.
post #84 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

You directly implied that, absent regulation, Walmart would pay people $1 per hour. This is clearly not true from the factual evidence.

Huh? You're not making sense. Walmart doesn't have the option. There is no factual evidence about what they would do if they did have that option.

The fact is your statement was moronic. Unless Walmart is breaking the law, which no one is claiming, and unless there's not a single person earning above minimum wage, including Sam Walton himself, Walmart is paying "above Federally mandated minimum wage, on average. " Duh. No Shit, Sherlock.

And I didn't imply that Walmart would pay everyone $1 an hour if they could. But they definitely would pay $1 an hour to some people, and their average would go down, to below what they pay now, "on average".
post #85 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

My God. You're an infant. I'll spell it out for you ABC.

"Baby mama..." Race.
"Obama=Jeremiah Wright and Jeremiah Wright said..." Race.
"Madrassa..." Race.
"Michelle Obama said 'Whitey'..." Race.

Now stop being an ignorant tool and open your eyes to the reality of what's going on.

Using slang is racist, or is it implying someone is single is racist?
Obama ===... straight up logical leaps.
Madrassa was dropped by Hillary and is associated with being Muslim, not with being black.
Michele Obama said Whitey... did they report on the rumor, what did they report? Reporting on someone being racist, is not racism.

Now stop being an ignorant tool and open your eyes to the fact that you calling names and factual statements are not one in the same.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #86 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Huh? You're not making sense. Walmart doesn't have the option. There is no factual evidence about what they would do if they did have that option.

Yes there is. The do have a choice. They could pay only what the law requires. They are paying more than (almost twice as much on average) the the law requires.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The fact is your statement was moronic. Unless Walmart is breaking the law, which no one is claiming, and unless there's not a single person earning above minimum wage, including Sam Walton himself, Walmart is paying "above Federally mandated minimum wage, on average. " Duh. No Shit, Sherlock.

Still more evidence that when you're called out for being plainly wrong you resort to insults and profanity. Nice.
post #87 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Sweden, Denmark, Norway, The Netherlands ALL have a higher standard of living for the average worker than the United States of America.

Yeah - that will happen when you get the American taxpayer to foot the bill for your national defense, and you have an ethnically homogeneous population. They can only afford socialism because we have troops in Europe.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #88 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Yeah - that will happen when you get the American taxpayer to foot the bill for your national defense, and you have an ethnically homogeneous population. They can only afford socialism because we have troops in Europe.

Don't forget it also happens when you can choose to exclude yourself from the EU and act as the Middle East of Europe by pumping oil and running trade surpluses as Norway does.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #89 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

Yes there is. The do have a choice. They could pay only what the law requires. They are paying more than (almost twice as much on average) the the law requires.

Are you kidding? Walmart pays plenty of people "only what the law requires".

If you have 1000 people earning minimum wage and one executive earning 20 million, guess what the average is going to say?
post #90 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Don't forget it also happens when you can choose to exclude yourself from the EU and act as the Middle East of Europe by pumping oil and running trade surpluses as Norway does.

Yeah, and Sweden has the meatball trade... and Denmark has Lego! So they can't be compared to the USA!

And whose fault is it that the US defense budget is so #@$^& astronomical?
post #91 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And whose fault is it that the US defense budget is so #@$^& astronomical?

He wasn't assessing blame, merely pointing out the pertinent fact that if you don't have to pay for your own defense, you have a lot more money for other stuff like welfare.

Frankly, I personally believe the U.S. should retreat to a much less expensive defensive position of armed neutrality. Close all foreign bases. Bring home all troops. Should be able to balance the budget. Then start focusing on other matters.
post #92 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Are you kidding? Walmart pays plenty of people "only what the law requires".

If you have 1000 people earning minimum wage and one executive earning 20 million, guess what the average is going to say?

I'm talking about median hourly wage rates. Executives are exempt, non-hourly wage earners and their wages are not included in that calculation.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...nc/Hourly_Rate

I won't even bother to ask you to provide evidence in support for your first claim because I know you won't.

I don't deny that Walmart may be paying some of its hourly workers the legal minimum (though I'm not taking your word for it). Even if you were to establish that as a fact it still would not prove your implication. The simple fact that Walmart is paying at least half of their hourly work force almost double the legal minimum brings your $1 per hour implication into serious question. Wages are prices that are arrived at by by various market conditions not set by corporate or government edict a fact which is forgotten or ignored by minimum or "living" wage advocates.
post #93 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

I don't deny that Walmart may be paying some of its hourly workers the legal minimum (though I'm not taking your word for it). Even if you were to establish that as a fact it still would not prove your implication. The simple fact that Walmart is paying at least half of their hourly work force almost double the legal minimum brings your $1 per hour implication into serious question. Wages are prices that are arrived at by by various market conditions not set by corporate or government edict a fact which is forgotten or ignored by minimum or "living" wage advocates.

Fuller picture: (N.C. State Univ. Report)

Quote:
Employment Effects
The typical Wal-Mart store employs 150 to 350 people; Supercenters employ up to 500 workers. Many of these jobs are part-time. In assessing overall impacts of a Wal-Mart, these new jobs must be balanced against job losses at other, competing firms. In addition, given Wal-Marts highly centralized supply-chain management, local wholesalers and distributors may well see a decline in demands for their services as well.

The best evidence on overall changes in local employment resulting from a new Wal-Mart is found in the work of University of Missouri economist Emek Basker. Basker studied county-level employment effects of Wal-Marts over the period 1977-1998. She found that for every 100 new jobs created by a new Wal-Mart, 50 retail jobs are lost at competing establishments over the next five years, and 20 wholesale jobs.

An additional point of interest here is that to the extent that local retail businesses are negatively affected by a new Wal-Mart, local suppliers of legal, accounting, insurance and other more "white collar" support services may also be negatively affected. The reason for this is that while a significant fraction of those kinds of services are procured locally by locally-based retail firms, Wal-Mart keeps these types of services in-house that is, they are supplied from Wal-Marts Bentonville, Arkansas headquarters.

Finally, while net creation of new jobs is an effect that often receives attention in newspapers, the more meaningful indicator of local economic impact is the net effects on community-wide earnings. Wal-Mart jobs tend to be significantly lower paying than comparable retail sector jobs (Dube and Jacobs, 2004). This is an outgrowth of Wal-Marts aggressive cost-cutting, as well as its well-chronicled hostility toward unionization of its workers. Thus, the modest overall increase in local employment translates to an even more modest increase or maybe even a decline in overall incomes associated with the coming of a Wal-Mart.
post #94 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

My God. You're an infant. I'll spell it out for you ABC.

"Baby mama..." Race.
"Obama=Jeremiah Wright and Jeremiah Wright said..." Race.
"Madrassa..." Race.
"Michelle Obama said 'Whitey'..." Race.

Now stop being an ignorant tool and open your eyes to the reality of what's going on.

1. OMG! Fox News said Baby Mama! Race! Really...you have to be fucking kidding me. You must have been one of Clinton's critics too...when he made the fairy tale comment. Take your mock outrage and kindly stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

2. Wright is an anti-American racist and black theologist. Obama had a long and intimate association with him. Obama has not satisfactorily explained the issue. Wright was even supposed to be there for Obama's declaration he was running for President. He was supposed to work on his campaign. Then the Obama folks decided that wouldn't be a good idea. Yet Obama "hadn't heard" many of his most outrageous comments. Whatever. This brings into question Obama's judgment and frankly, his honesty. Moreover, the way he "resigned" from his church leaves one to wonder what he really believes.

Quote:
"We don't want to have to answer for everything that's stated in the church," the Democratic front-runner said. "We also don't want the church subjected to the scrutiny that a presidential campaign legitimately undergoes."
Obama said he was resigning "with some sadness."

Yeah, you do have to answer, especially when you gave the impression you subscribed to that church's belief system for 20 fucking years.


Quote:
Obama said the Pfleger controversy made it clear that, as long as he remained a member of the Trinity congregation, remarks from the pulpit would be "imputed" to him, even if they conflicted with his personal views.

Source


No, Senator. Remarks by those speaking will be "imputed" to you because you sat there and listened and nodded and agreed for 20 years. That's why.

3. Madrassa: Was this a mainstream GOP point, or a story on Fox that was a mistake? I mean, imagine...a broadcast network reporting something untrue. The difference here, of course, is that Fox didn't stand by a story for two weeks, knowing it was false. They didn't come out and report it as absolute fact. Hell, this kind of thing (and worse) happens all the time, and you guys defend it aggressively.

4. Really. Where is the MSM coverage here? Seems to me the coverage has been about her "fighting the smears." And how hard is this to imagine? She wrote while in college about racial issues. She feels persecuted and has her whole life. She's got a chip on her shoulder. And remember, Obama will win "because people know Barack is special." (her words on Stephen Colbert just last month). Finally, I love how those who take issue with racist comments are the ones called racists! When did this begin? How I am playing the unfair "race card" when I say Wright is a racist? How is that I am playing the race card when I indicate how his campaign and supporters have played the race card?


I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #95 of 202
Black people are the real racists, since being resentful of one's status as a black person in America can only be explained by racism-- especially considering how white America has bent over backwards to accommodate these angry, ungrateful black people in her midst.

Astonishingly, even mentioning this self evident fact causes some to invoke the far-fetched notion of white antipathy towards blacks! As if!

It's just another example of the insane, inverted liberal world view, where the truth of virulent, powerful black racism is shouted down by the fiction of white racism-- which, while possibly still existing in pockets, pales in comparison to the systemic, endemic racism among blacks. I myself am frequently unable to find housing or employment due to black bank managers and CEOs and their hatred. And don't even get me started on "driving while white." Ever tried calling 911 from suburban Philly? Fuck tha police.

As for numerous examples of race baiting in the media and from the right: Dan Rather, my friends. Dan Rather, Dan Rather, Dan Rather, Dan Rather.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #96 of 202
but... "white folks' greed runs a world in need..."
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #97 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Yeah - that will happen when you get the American taxpayer to foot the bill for your national defense, and you have an ethnically homogeneous population. They can only afford socialism because we have troops in Europe.

All of these countries have a defense budget and armed forces.

On average they spend 1.3-2% of their GNP on their militaries. Denmark has troops in KFOR. Sweden has observers as part of various UN activities and could field 320K troops in time of war. Norway could field 130,000 under full mobilization. Finland 350,000. Active military is, of course, far smaller for all of these countries. In the 20-30K ranges.

The Scandinavian Defence Union (sans Denmark) provides the EU the Nordic Battlegroup which should be ready for deployment this year. Desppite the jokes (the Nodick Battlegroup) the scandinavians have not traditionally been pussies when it comes to warfare. Especially Finland.

None depend on the US for national defense today and arguably everyone in NATO depended on everyone else against the Soviets.
post #98 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

That's why comments about "boat payments" from the asshole gallery here make me want to throw a huge "fuck you" to some people.

Jeez. Do none of you people listen to Car Talk?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #99 of 202
I have a question: if Obama's hypnotic incantation of "change" is gulling the American people into not noticing what a king hell liberal he is, and assuming they in fact really really hate king hell liberals, doesn't that make them pretty stupid?

Seeing's as how all it takes to get (by current polling) the majority of Americans to go for something they hate is a bit of simple sloganeering?

More importantly, isn't thinking that about Americans just horribly, horribly elitist? I guess this nation of hillbillies and rubes just can't figure out they're being played.

Hey, whadda know? America sucks!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #100 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I have a question: if Obama's hypnotic incantation of "change" is gulling the American people into not noticing what a king hell liberal he is, and assuming they in fact really really hate king hell liberals, doesn't that make them pretty stupid?

Seeing's as how all it takes to get (by current polling) the majority of Americans to go for something they hate is a bit of simple sloganeering?

More importantly, isn't thinking that about Americans just horribly, horribly elitist? I guess this nation of hillbillies and rubes just can't figure out they're being played.

Hey, whadda know? America sucks!

I dunno...there seems to be a fair-sized contingent that believes that exactly how we got the last 8 years. That is they were either duped (twice) or are just plain dumb. I've heard both theories.
post #101 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

1. OMG! Fox News said Baby Mama! Race!

I would really, really, love to see what happens if you walk up to a black, married, male co-worker and ask him how his baby mama is. Or maybe if you walk up to a black, married, female co-worker and ask her if she is so-and-so's baby mama. That sounds like it'd be a hoot! I would personally like to see SDW use that phrase as often as possible when referring to black parents.

Ooh! Ooh! Or may you could walk up to a black co-worker and ask them if we will still call it the "White House" if Obama is elected?



Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Or you could buy one of those Obama sock monkeys that some idiot in Utah is selling and give it to a small black child as a gift!

Or this t-shirt?



In the meantime, McCain called his wife a cunt.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #102 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I would really, really, love to see what happens if you walk up to a black, married, male co-worker and ask him how his baby mama is. Or maybe if you walk up to a black, married, female co-worker and ask her if she is so-and-so's baby mama. That sounds like it'd be a hoot! I would personally like to see SDW use that phrase as often as possible when referring to black parents.

Ooh! Ooh! Or may you could walk up to a black co-worker and ask them if we will still call it the "White House" if Obama is elected?



Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Or you could buy one of those Obama sock monkeys that some idiot in Utah is selling and give it to a small black child as a gift!

Or this t-shirt?



In the meantime, McCain called his wife a cunt.



I wonder if that was very far from the truth about how newsrooms operate.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #103 of 202
Heh. Looks like the Obama sock monkey people misjudged the market. Maybe there's hope yet:

Quote:
AN APOLOGY
We are very apologetic to all who were upset by our toy idea.
We will not be proceeding with the manufacturing of this toy.
Thank you.
GD

Yes, I know, the liberal brown shirts probably used harsh language and called them names, which is exactly how Nazi Germany started.

Since wearing t-shirts with "cunt" on them is a bit of a tough sell, how about something like "He called his wife a what??!!" You know, just a little conversation starter and consciousness raiser.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #104 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Heh. Looks like the Obama sock monkey people misjudged the market.

When it happened, they all claimed that they had no idea that there were hundreds of years of racist depictions of black folks as monkeys, which, considering it is Utah, after all, is almost possibly believable (I had a student last term who just decided all on her own that she preferred the term "colored" rather than "black"). But then the uproar happened and they said "Oh golly! We'll certainly pull it!"

And then they changed their minds and said "You know, we've had a good offer" to bring it to market. Probably from SDW.

Now they say they've changed their minds again.

My point is that they've clearly indicated that the racism of it doesn't bother them all that much. And that SDW probably doesn't see a problem with an Obama monkey doll, either.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #105 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

When it happened, they all claimed that they had no idea that there were hundreds of years of racist depictions of black folks as monkeys, which, considering it is Utah, after all, is almost possibly believable (I had a student last term who just decided all on her own that she preferred the term "colored" rather than "black"). But then the uproar happened and they said "Oh golly! We'll certainly pull it!"

And then they changed their minds and said "You know, we've had a good offer" to bring it to market. Probably from SDW.

Now they say they've changed their minds again.

My point is that they've clearly indicated that the racism of it doesn't bother them all that much. And that SDW probably doesn't see a problem with an Obama monkey doll, either.

I may have said this before, but I think this election is going to be an amazing process of America confronting its own racism.

We're coming off a period where popular culture seemed to decide that people that were dreary enough to worry about silly things like "racism" were more contemptible than racists. Call it the South Park effect. Taking prejudice seriously was a sure sign of being boring and stuffy and deserving of ridicule.

So now we're getting these little stabs at straight-up, klan level race stuff, like some people have gotten the idea we're cool with that. Like a party where folks are having a little fun by being "politically incorrect", and all of a sudden that sketchy guy in the corner starts shouting "Nigger! Nigger! Nigger!" and everybody is shocked into silence.

The race baiters of political expediency and the "political correctness is for pussies" types are signaling to the hard core haters that all bets are off, and it remains to be seen if the country recoils in disgust or if we get an actual, overt racist campaign being waged right out in the open.

And, amazingly, I'm going to vote for "recoils in disgust", which is why I'm guessing that the political map after November is going to show the Republicans have managed to turn their Southern Strategy into a straight jacket. You can't dance with the Devil and not get burned, eventually.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #106 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

All of these countries have a defense budget and armed forces.

On average they spend 1.3-2% of their GNP on their militaries. Denmark has troops in KFOR. Sweden has observers as part of various UN activities and could field 320K troops in time of war. Norway could field 130,000 under full mobilization. Finland 350,000. Active military is, of course, far smaller for all of these countries. In the 20-30K ranges.

The Scandinavian Defence Union (sans Denmark) provides the EU the Nordic Battlegroup which should be ready for deployment this year. Desppite the jokes (the Nodick Battlegroup) the scandinavians have not traditionally been pussies when it comes to warfare. Especially Finland.

None depend on the US for national defense today and arguably everyone in NATO depended on everyone else against the Soviets.

Sweden's entire male population has trained in the military, thus giving them a potential of several million troops if they ever truly needed them.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #107 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

We're coming off a period where popular culture seemed to decide that people that were dreary enough to worry about silly things like "racism" were more contemptible than racists. Call it the South Park effect. Taking prejudice seriously was a sure sign of being boring and stuffy and deserving of ridicule.

Man that was good...

I need to start scrap-booking all these brilliant little comments. Then I'll further flesh them out, try to get a book deal, and keep all the profits.

post #108 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Madrassa was dropped by Hillary and is associated with being Muslim, not with being black.

OMG. You're kidding me, right? You think racism is limited to the "black" issue?

Yes, the madrassa thing is racist. Very racist. And Fox took it from whoever and ran with it. Hard. Are you too thick to understand that?

Why are you defending racism?
post #109 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

OMG. You're kidding me, right? You think racism is limited to the "black" issue?

Yes, the madrassa thing is racist. Very racist. And Fox took it from whoever and ran with it. Hard. Are you too thick to understand that?

Why are you defending racism?

Heck, funny how things happen in the World. China for instance...

S Africa Chinese 'become black'

Quote:
The High Court in South Africa has ruled that Chinese South Africans are to be reclassified as black people.

It made the order so that ethnic Chinese can benefit from government policies aimed at ending white domination in the private sector.

The Chinese Association of South Africa took the government to court, saying its members had been discriminated against.

An estimated 200,000 ethnic Chinese live in South Africa.

The association said their members often failed to qualify for business contracts and job promotions because they were regarded as whites.

This clears of question of Tiger Woods.
post #110 of 202
Wont be long now before the white south africans petition to become black.
post #111 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

OMG. You're kidding me, right? You think racism is limited to the "black" issue?

Yes, the madrassa thing is racist. Very racist. And Fox took it from whoever and ran with it. Hard. Are you too thick to understand that?

Why are you defending racism?

You're kidding me right? You think racism is not actually associated with linking something negative to the actual race of a person?

The madrassa thing is not racist. It is religious intolerance and of course folks like yourself who are already religiously intolerant don't want to get lumped in the same boat so you try to make it about race so you feel you have a moral high ground. Are you too thick to understand that?

Why do you engage in religious intolerance? Why do you create an atmosphere whereby others think it is okay to engage in this sort of stuff?

Look into a mirror.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #112 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I have a question: if Obama's hypnotic incantation of "change" is gulling the American people into not noticing what a king hell liberal he is, and assuming they in fact really really hate king hell liberals, doesn't that make them pretty stupid?

Seeing's as how all it takes to get (by current polling) the majority of Americans to go for something they hate is a bit of simple sloganeering?

More importantly, isn't thinking that about Americans just horribly, horribly elitist? I guess this nation of hillbillies and rubes just can't figure out they're being played.

Hey, whadda know? America sucks!

Don't worry. You can buy my book on the topic. I plan to call it "What's the Matter with California?"

I'll even sign your copy.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #113 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

he Wasn't Assessing Blame, Merely Pointing Out The Pertinent Fact That If You Don't Have To Pay For Your Own Defense, You Have A Lot More Money For Other Stuff Like Welfare.

Frankly, I Personally Believe The U.s. Should Retreat To A Much Less Expensive Defensive Position Of Armed Neutrality. Close All Foreign Bases. Bring Home All Troops. Should Be Able To Balance The Budget. Then Start Focusing On Other Matters.

Bingo!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #114 of 202
Off topic(?) but concerning Sweden. My love of Sweden just went down a notch...big notch...

Mayday Mayday! Internet Wall of China - around Sweden!

Quote:
This may be one of the last messages to be sent from Sweden before the Parliament forces all the big Internet and Telecom providers to send a copy of all their traffic to a state run surveillance central. Without any rational reason for it. Vague arguments about terrorism. Sweden is not faced by such threats and to abolish freedom of communications is not a solution to political problems in other countries.

Swedes will never be able to communicate again without a copy being sent to the state of all the traffic that passes our borders. That is a large part of what we do. Our whole lives are lived on the net today. So the state will have a direct line into our lives.

The Swedish Journalist's Federation has now called every journalist in the country who can make it to personally turn up at the parliament to beg the MOPs to vote NO! This is an unprecedented manifestation in Sweden.

The law was a sure thing to pass until only a week ago. Bloggers and activists have worked for months against it but mainstream media has not seen the significance of the law until the last week. We, the netizens, have now managed to whip up a firestorm and the law will probably be turned down with a very slim margin althouh 85-90 % of the people are against having their communication copied to the state and are against the law.


The law passed
.

...

On topic...Woman says head scarf cost her seat near Obama

Quote:
A young Muslim woman said she and another woman were refused seats directly behind Barack Obama -- and in front of TV cameras -- at a Detroit rally because they wear head scarves.
A Muslim woman says she couldn't sit behind Barack Obama because she was wearing a head scarf.

A Muslim woman says she couldn't sit behind Barack Obama because she was wearing a head scarf.

Hebba Aref said Wednesday that she and Shimaa Abdelfadeel were among 20,000 supporters who gathered to see Obama on Monday at the Joe Louis Arena when the groups they were with were separately invited by Obama campaign volunteers to sit behind the podium.

But Aref said the volunteers told members of both parties in separate discussions that women wearing hijabs, the traditional Muslim head scarves, weren't included in the invitation and couldn't sit behind the podium.

Aref, a 25-year-old lawyer, said a member of her group was told by a volunteer that she could not invite Aref because of "a sensitive political climate."

Obama spokesman Bill Burton issued a statement saying such actions are "not the policy of the campaign."

"It is offensive and counter to Obama's commitment to bring Americans together and simply not the kind of campaign we run. We sincerely apologize for this behavior," the statement read.

Aref said she replied by thanking Burton, but requested Obama apologize directly to her and Abdelfadeel, as well as invitations to sit behind him at a future campaign event. Obama spokeswoman Amy Brundage said the campaign has apologized.

It is disappointing that this has happened. We'll see how this evolves. If Obama had let the lady stay I think that Fox would have gone nuts with this, maybe not...but now we'll see what they'll do with it.
post #115 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I would really, really, love to see what happens if you walk up to a black, married, male co-worker and ask him how his baby mama is. Or maybe if you walk up to a black, married, female co-worker and ask her if she is so-and-so's baby mama. That sounds like it'd be a hoot! I would personally like to see SDW use that phrase as often as possible when referring to black parents.

Maybe you could fist bump him too just to show how "down" you are with the urban vibe.

Honestly, if older people misapplying urban slang were a crime, I think half the country would be locked up by now.

Quote:
Ooh! Ooh! Or may you could walk up to a black co-worker and ask them if we will still call it the "White House" if Obama is elected?

Or maybe you coulf follow up and see that the Republicans tossed that vendor when they found out about it.

Also not to be crude, but having been to conventions, you don't want to go there and paint with that broad a brush. I've got some very nice pictures of the protesters from the Republican convention that I would love to use to generalize about the Democratic party.

Quote:
Or this t-shirt?

I feel your pain. I've heard Utah is so bad that people from the south can move there and actually feel progressive.

Quote:
In the meantime, McCain called his wife a cunt.

She totally deserved it. She was totally giving him hell because he wouldn't call her his baby mama. She wanted to be down with the cool kids so bad.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #116 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

She totally deserved it. She was totally giving him hell because he wouldn't call her his baby mama. She wanted to be down with the cool kids so bad.

He Said It First - Censored Version
post #117 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

The patent system in the US sucks - it totally stifles innovation when people do stuff like patent software algorithms (see Bezos "1 click" assault on the patent system). Patents are a good idea, but our system needs an overhaul.

OK, if that's what he meant. I just think have much larger priorities.

Quote:

And from previous posts - yes, high gas prices are a good thing, they encourage alternative energy research and will end up with us burning less oil in the long run, which is why I burn as much gas as I can afford to.


The only downside to high gas prices is that it hurts poor people, and if it hurts them enough then society collapses. I was just up in the North Carolina mountains, seed potato sales are up 60% over last year - the poor people are adjusting in just the right way (rejecting non-local food and cutting back on SUV sales) to prevent that. Low oil prices are bad ===> oil conservation or subsidies are bad ideas.

Also, they encourage us to use 1/2 of the US corn crops to produce ethanol, thereby driving up the price of...everything. There is no real reason the price should be this high. All it's doing is hurting consumers...not just the poor, but the middle class. People like me used to pay $30 to fill their Toyotas. Now we pay $65-70. That's what...almost a $200 a month difference? That's $2400 a year. That's $2400 I could be using for many different things...saving, contributing to consumer spending, etc. And of course, the price of food has gone up too. Thank Congress for that.

Quote:

I have no problem with anything attributed to Obama in this thread so far - yes, we need a safty net, yes

We have one. A big, wasteful one that discourages working.

Quote:
- it is time to cut all oil company subsidies (they will make plenty of profit anyway).

No, it's not. We'll pay those subsidies at the pump. Just watch.

Quote:
Free trade is great, but only when it is looked at carefully - last I heard China was trying to kill our semiconductor industry by dumping chips at below market cost, you can't let that kind of thing happen.

Great...how do we stop it? Does Obama have the solution?

Quote:

And the Republicans can't complain about higher taxes - you all got us into a mess by collecting too little income and spending too much on the invasion of Iraq, and now you have to start paying down your debts - you know, the Republican party is supposed to be "the party of personal responsibility"? How come that personal responsibility is not showing up in this case? You guys are responsible for about $5 billion of new debt in the last eight years.

My lord. Government revenue went to record levels under Bush. Now spending...that's another matter. But the problem is not revenue. I do agree Republicans have sucked at limited spending. By the way, it's $5 TRILLION, not billion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

It's not the candidates that are campaigning on race. It's the bloggers and the media. If you have to ask how Fox News is frantically spreading race as the major issue in this campaign, then you're really ignorant.

No really...indulge me. I'd like to hear how Fox News has "made race an issue." And if you'd like to start comparing bloggers, you're going to have a rude awakening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I would really, really, love to see what happens if you walk up to a black, married, male co-worker and ask him how his baby mama is. Or maybe if you walk up to a black, married, female co-worker and ask her if she is so-and-so's baby mama. That sounds like it'd be a hoot! I would personally like to see SDW use that phrase as often as possible when referring to black parents.

I've heard white people use it referring to other white people, but whatever. The point is that Obama and Mama form a sloppy rhyme. Tell me, who doesn't FNC get the get the benefit of the doubt here? Why is that Howard Dean can say "the only way Republicans can get this many people of color in a room is if they invite the wait staff in" and not even be fucking questioned on it by the MSM...but Fox rhymes and all of a sudden they are "making race an issue?"

Quote:

Ooh! Ooh! Or may you could walk up to a black co-worker and ask them if we will still call it the "White House" if Obama is elected?



Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Or you could buy one of those Obama sock monkeys that some idiot in Utah is selling and give it to a small black child as a gift!

Or this t-shirt?



In the meantime, McCain called his wife a cunt.

Question...did Fox or other major media make those? What are you saying...that there is--GASP!--racism in parts of America? I can't see the McCain link right now.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #118 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Or maybe you coulf follow up and see that the Republicans tossed that vendor when they found out about it.

When they found out about the button, or when they found out about the uproar over the button? I'm betting the latter.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #119 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I've heard white people use it referring to other white people, but whatever.

I'll bet you have many white friends, too, huh? It's not a "but whatever." FOX News used a phrase that originates in the black community to describe a single mother to describe a woman who will likely be the first lady of the United States. Period. The phrase subtly calls into question the legitimacy of their marriageand, honestly, have we actually seen their wedding license? Seriously? Have we? Do we know that they're actually married?

Quote:
The point is that Obama and Mama form a sloppy rhyme.

That's one hell of a sloppy rhyme, and if that's what they were trying to do, I'm just glad that Obama's last name isn't "jigger."

Quote:
Tell me, who doesn't FNC get the get the benefit of the doubt here?

The benefit of what doubt?

Quote:
Why is that Howard Dean can say "the only way Republicans can get this many people of color in a room is if they invite the wait staff in" and not even be fucking questioned on it by the MSM...but Fox rhymes and all of a sudden they are "making race an issue?"

Because that's not what we're talking about. Have you actually commented on the FOX News thing? Do you think it was OK? Do you have an opinion about it other than that poor, maligned, FOX news needs to be given the benefit of the doubt?

Quote:
Question...did Fox or other major media make those? What are you saying...that there is--GASP!--racism in parts of America? I can't see the McCain link right now.

Not in "parts of America." In a GOP convention in Texas. Among the base of your party. To whom are being sold things that are pretty blatantly racist. Addabox is right. A large chunk of America is about to have a rude awakening, partly because we never have dealt with our racism and partly because the GOP has forgotten how to behave itself.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #120 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

When they found out about the button, or when they found out about the uproar over the button? I'm betting the latter.

I'm betting they were just selling them to all the Hillary supporters who were there investigating alternatives to the Democratic party.

I mean it has to be Hillary supporters... or Republicans... or pretty much anyone who doesn't support Obama and is thus racist.

Quote:
I'll bet you have many white friends, too, huh? It's not a "but whatever." FOX News used a phrase that originates in the black community to describe a single mother to describe a woman who will likely be the first lady of the United States. Period. The phrase subtly calls into question the legitimacy of their marriageand, honestly, have we actually seen their wedding license? Seriously? Have we? Do we know that they're actually married?

It does all those things for you because, well because you've watched enough Springer and Maury to know better.

Honestly do you think that every person who adds an -izzle to a word to try to pretend to be Snoop Dog is endorsing strong marijuana use, misogynistic ideas, and gang-banging?

Or are they just a stupidly trying to be cool?

How many 45-55 year old couples do you think were trying out the fist bump since they watched Obama
and wife do it? How many younger children were rolling their eyes and swallowing back small bits of vomit when witnessing this?

Quote:
That's one hell of a sloppy rhyme, and if that's what they were trying to do, I'm just glad that Obama's last name isn't "jigger."

If it was, just think of the Jay-Z songs he could add for the campaign trail.

Quote:
Not in "parts of America." In a GOP convention in Texas. Among the base of your party. To whom are being sold things that are pretty blatantly racist. Addabox is right. A large chunk of America is about to have a rude awakening, partly because we never have dealt with our racism and partly because the GOP has forgotten how to behave itself.

I think some old man has forgotten that the nature of humor is always offense to at least some. Do you honestly think that if you or I went to a button vendor and looked at all the buttons there we wouldn't find 95% but also 5% offensive? I'm sure another old man, George Carlin would have some choice words for you.

I would also lay down money that there are hundreds of black comedians working on or already using bits about how Obama will "blacken" up the White House. Some of it will be funny, some of it will be offensive, a lot of it will rely on stereotypes. Oh well, get over it and toss an extra spoonful of sugar into your coffee to sweeten up your disposition and day.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Obama Really Believes