or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!

It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!

post #1 of 216
It's time to cross Obama with my sensational wit. AP provides the photo and I provide the captions.

Obama trying to show how he is the toughest presidential candidate describes
how he will pluck out the eyebrow hairs of Osama Bin Laden one by one.

I said give me back my f*cking cigarettes damn it. This is a CHANGE I don't want to make right now.

Obama showing he has more CHANGE than anyone else.

Obama is pissed when he learns someone else has managed to put more CHANGE into their photo backdrop.

I would like to thank this young lady for helping me bypass public financing by signing over her financial aid.

Any supporter who donates $2500 gets an actual fist bump from Obama himself.

Obama heals a sick child with his "once in a generation" messianic powers.

Obama proves he can move a mountain and also single-handedly save the American Midwest from floods.

Obama radiating CHANGE, HOPE and charisma out into the entire crowd.

Obama insures our health care system is more equitable by physically moving machines from one room to another.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 216
Two more since the image limit is 10 per post...

Ha B*tches! Throw down more CHANGE than this in your photo background. I am the KING!1!1!!

Dude... get it right. It is a fist bump. FIST BUMP!!!!

post #3 of 216
Here I'll bump your thread!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Snort! Did you hear something? It sounded like a rush of hot air!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #4 of 216
Oh laugh, jimmac.

Some of that stuff was funny.
post #5 of 216

"Hey you BRussell, behind my right shoulder, wake up and listen to my change!"
post #6 of 216

Is that the wife in blue?
post #7 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by brussell View Post

No Scarves. None.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #8 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Is that the wife in blue?

that's the wife - a Hillary supporter just six months ago.
post #9 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

No Scarves. None.

they made me take my turban off.
post #10 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

"Hey you BRussell, behind my right shoulder, wake up and listen to my change!"

i had no idea you were black!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #11 of 216

Agent 86 voice: "Missed it by that much," after Diebold steals another election in Ohio.

"Allahu Akbar!": Obama shows his true leanings after winning the election.

"The first change I will make as president is to the pledge of allegiance. From now on, it will be, 'One black nation, under almighty Allah!' Anyone who refuses will be beheaded."

President Elect Barack Obama tries to set the constitution alight using his previously undeclared power of heat vision.

"Thank you for passing the funding bill which allows the government to pay for this young lady's education all the way through graduate school because she's finger lickin' good. I always like me some of that white ass."

Obama enlists one more terrorist into his secret Islamic society for global domination with the customary fist bump.

That's right, son. I am Jesus. Now bow your white head down in tribute.

I knew I'd finally get rid of that bitch somehow.

Damn, man, this is some triptastic shit! Hella better than the crap I got from Larry Sinclair!

Entering launch codes now. Goodbye, Tel Aviv!
post #12 of 216
[CENTER]
Appalachians seeking change from Republicans.[/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #13 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Funny shit.

Tonton, I'm buying you several rounds for that if we ever encounter each other in real life. Good job!

post #14 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

[CENTER]
Appalachians seeking change from Republicans.[/CENTER]

Close but no cigar. That is CHANGE from Republicans. Obama owns that shit dude.

post #15 of 216

Bart: Work here is done. I'm needed elsewhere now. I'm needed wherever outlaws rule the West, wherever innocent women and children are afraid to walk the streets, wherever a man cannot live in simple dignity, wherever a people cry out for justice.
Crowd: BULLSHIT!
Bart: All right, you caught me. Speaking the plain truth is getting pretty damn dull around here...

post #16 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

that's the wife - a Hillary supporter just six months ago.

She seems to be looking sideways and thinking, "I swear to god, if he falls asleep I'm punching him right in the balls."
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #17 of 216

L'idiot monolingue américain a dit que nous faisions le coup de poing.

post #18 of 216
Tontos was funny, trumptmans was pretty much not funny.
post #19 of 216
It's hard to be funny when you're a hate-filled, bitter human.
proud resident of a failed state
post #20 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

It's hard to be funny when you're a hate-filled, bitter human.

You haven't seen me tap dancing.
post #21 of 216

Obama may have been the fresh new face several months ago but his rhetorical flourishes and imagery are quickly being deconstructed.

Here is some fun that most of you enjoy...The Daily Show.

Press Favors Obama

post #22 of 216
Does Moveon.org have defective funny genes?

Obama... he is sort of like a sexually transmitted disease............

post #23 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Does Moveon.org have defective funny genes?

Obama... he is sort of like a sexually transmitted disease............

Oh my god, that is the shittiest ad ever.

Almost as bad as that 2 minute, 30 second Celebex ad
post #24 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Oh my god, that is the shittiest ad ever.

Almost as bad as that 2 minute, 30 second Celebex ad

Yup, pretty pathetic. Hopefully, this ad will probably only get airplay on MTV. Also it was not paid, authorized or endorsed by the Obama campaign.
post #25 of 216
I thought the "I'm sorry, mom" was pretty funny. Also, the little chick is cute.

The ad (as well as The Daily Show piece) also illustrates something that bears repeating: Liberals are funny because they can make fun of themselves. Conservatives are incapable of self-deprecation and that's why they're not funny, they're just bitter assholes.
post #26 of 216
Quote:

Conservatives are incapable of self-deprecation and that's why they're not funny, they're just bitter assholes.

Oh really? I don't know about that.
post #27 of 216
Ah, how I love Elisabeth Bumiller! The NYTimes's chief GOP fluffer.
post #28 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Ah, how I love Elisabeth Bumiller! The NYTimes's chief GOP fluffer.

Yeah, but that's from Media Matters, which is just like Nazi Germany.

On account of the noticing things.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #29 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yeah, but that's from Media Matters, which is just like Nazi Germany.

On account of the noticing things.

Uh huh.

Well not "just like Nazi Germany", but they only notice some things:

Quote:
Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

They are looking for (aka "noticing") certain specific things. And if that's someone's primary source of media criticism and accountability, they might get a slightly distorted view of the world. Like the idea that one particular political faction are the only ones engaged propaganda and misinformation.
post #30 of 216
Artman:

Obviously that doesn't apply to all conservatives. Good job proving that a sweeping generalization isn't 100% applicable. For your next feat, breathe air!

Do you disagree with the point as a generality? What conservative humorists spend much time at all with self-deprecation? (Well... who are some conservative humorists?)
post #31 of 216
Quote:

(Well... who are some conservative humorists?)

I know of none. I just wanted to show that a conservative can have fun. But the second skit from 2002 is. just. damn. creepy.

Interesting trivia...

Quote:
Both front-running presidential candidates in 1968 were invited to make cameo appearances on the show just before the general election. Richard Nixon accepted and deadpanned, "Sock it to me?" on camera. Hubert H. Humphrey declined. Also, it was because of Nixon's appearance, that many credited Laugh-In with helping Nixon get elected to the presidency.*

Some comedian he turned out to be.

* Edit: Wikiquote says:

Quote:
According to George Schlatter, the show's creator, "Humphrey later said that not doing it may have cost him the election."
post #32 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

Uh huh.

Well not "just like Nazi Germany", but they only notice some things:

They are looking for (aka "noticing") certain specific things. And if that's someone's primary source of media criticism and accountability, they might get a slightly distorted view of the world. Like the idea that one particular political faction are the only ones engaged propaganda and misinformation.

I was alluding an ongoing obsession of Bill O'Reilly's, who assures his viewers that Media Matters is a fascist, unhinged hate group very much like Hitler. Or something. A point of view that seems to have been uncritically adopted by more than one poster here. Also, Daily Kos: Hitler.

You can tell how Hitlery the are, because sometimes a person in the comments will say something hyperbolic about Bush.
post #33 of 216

post #34 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

No change? Bummer man.
post #35 of 216

Leave it to one of the originals to get funny done right.

post #36 of 216
MAD's Obama and McCain, the movies

You (oh, whatever...we all know you know) why "Obama"'s on the cover, right?
post #37 of 216
BEST OBAMA JOKES

Craig Ferguson: "Barack Obama was in Germany" today, and "he did this speech and 100,000 people showed up. There were so many Germans shouting and screaming that France...surrendered just in case."

Jimmy Kimmel: "They really love Barack Obama in Germany. He's like a rock star over there. Impressive until you realize that David Hasselhoff is also like a rock star over there."

David Letterman: Signs Barack Obama Is Overconfident.

Proposed bill to change Oklahoma to 'Oklabama.'

Offered Bush 20 bucks for the 'Mission Accomplished' banner.

Asked guy at Staples, 'Which chair will work best in an oval-shaped office?'

Having head measured for Mount Rushmore.

Offered McCain a job in gift shop at Obama Presidential Library.

Jay Leno: "Of course, Obama's supporters got him his usual birthday gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh."

Jay Leno: "Obama's people are trying to portray McCain as cranky, and McCain is trying to portray Obama as arrogant, you see. And when Obama was asked what he thought about being called arrogant, well, he said he was 'above having to answer that question.'"

Jay Leno: "See Barack Obama on the news? He's becoming a workout fanatic. He's at the gym, like, twice a day, sometimes three times a day at the gym, yeah, according to his staff. Well, he has to stay in shape to do those flip-flops."

Jay Leno: "Barack Obama back from his big European tour. Did you see him in Europe? People were cheering him, holding up signs, blowing him kisses. And that was just the American media covering the story."

post #38 of 216
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #39 of 216
No wonder I don't watch Jay Leno. Nothing to do with politics... he's just not very funny.
post #40 of 216
You've been warned.

YouTube

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!