or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!

It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread! - Page 6

post #201 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

A review of the facts appears to suggest that this isn't true at all.

We all know why you post picture after picture of Obama photoshopped into fascist propaganda, adding nothing to the thread but ramping up the tension. I've seen you do this again, and again, and again. You are a troll, and you game the rules like a Portuguese soccer player who takes a dive for a penalty and then spends the rest of the game whining around the referee waving imaginary red cards.

If someone made a true statement to me I'd have to say " Yes that's true ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #202 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Jimmac, the point is that people should follow the rules and also secondly, I don't like seeing people banned. If you go back to into any thread in which someone has "lost it", I told the person before hand they were walking the line. It isn't hard to spot. When several posts in a row are all...you this..you that.. pretty soon it the next post is you are this and you are that.

That said.... seems like what we all thought was a cute laugh is actually a right wing racist smear according to MSNBC.

So yes, I was right about the media being unable to tolerate anyone even smirking at their messiah.

FRISCH: You know, one of the things that was said on Free Republic was comparing President Obama to Michael Jackson, calling him a pedophile. Thats the length to which this kind of stuff will be twisted....Were seeing a misconstruction of a photo. To many people online, this has racial overtones. You know, this is like the antiquated racist stereotype of an oversexed black man being a predator, and thats the way some conservative circles are talking about it online, and thats unfortunate. And the problem here is that its not even true. This didnt even happen. You know, if- if he hadnt have been watching a step and tumbled down the steps, wed probably be talking about him falling.

Pathetic....

Quote:
Jimmac, the point is that people should follow the rules and also secondly, I don't like seeing people banned.

So why do things that seem to be designed to encourage said behavior?
post #203 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

JESUS CHRIST! If you can't resist being "encouraged" to break the rules by something someone posts, that's YOUR OWN problem.

Why the hell don't you people just USE THE IGNORE FEATURE if you are so unable to control yourselves?
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #204 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post

JESUS CHRIST! If you can't resist being "encouraged" to break the rules by something someone posts, that's YOUR OWN problem.

Why the hell don't you people just USE THE IGNORE FEATURE if you are so unable to control yourselves?

Well then might I suggest that all of us that do have a problem with said encouragement use the ignore feature to eliminate the problem. In the interest of good faith I'll start but this will only work if all of us that are bothered do this.

Are you all listening?

There it's done
post #205 of 216
Quote:

well then might i suggest that all of us that do have a problem with said encouragement use the ignore feature to eliminate the problem. In the interest of good faith i'll start but this will only work if all of us that are bothered do this.

Are you all listening?

There it's done.

+1
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #206 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

+1

Me too, but I have to say this.

I'm not complaining about being provoked. I'm complaining that this forum could be so much better.

It's pretty clear that Trumptman does not care. This place is his blog, and it's going to continue being his blog. He's only concerned when people actually get in the way. It could be me, or you, or any of the people who used to post here, and it'll be all of the people who would otherwise join this place.

He's not going away, because he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks, and the guidelines and the moderation of the place suit him very well.

The only thing that can save this forum, really, is if it's abolished, rejoined with AppleOutsider, and the laws are enforced not for the sake of the laws but for the sake of the forum.

Having said that, he's on 'Ignore'.
post #207 of 216
jazzguru:

Quote:
Those rules use incendiary verbage like "spew vitriol", "angry rants", and "evangelizing viewpoints" and they wouldn't improve a thing. They are all subject to interpretation and there is no way they would be equally enforced.

That is sacrificing good for the sake of perfect.

lundy:

Quote:

It is the forum's problem as a whole if dozens of long-time participants are run-off because the forum becomes the de facto blog for a handful of people who do nothing but spew rants.

A political discussion forum can only flourish as long as no one is allowed to use the forum as a soapbox. How can that not be clear?

Quote:

When there are only a handful of posters it doesn't work. It's a bit of a snake eating its own tail. Allowing trolls runs off posters, which makes it more difficult for the ignore feature to be effective.

jimmac:

The ignore feature isn't the answer, it's a band-aid over a cancerous tumor. The answer is a more sane set of rules. It's not hard to enforce the AO rules, and they work very well.

And the problem isn't trumptman. There's no need to ignore him. There's no need to ban him. If you ban him someone else will just show up and use this audience as a captive group.

The answer is a more intelligent and useful set of rules. I've been saying that since before I left administration of this forum and it's still the problem. Essentially a year later and it's gotten worse for exactly the reasons I am outlining. It's not rocket science.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #208 of 216
Quote:

A review of the facts appears to suggest that this isn't true at all.

We all know why you post picture after picture of Obama photoshopped into fascist propaganda, adding nothing to the thread but ramping up the tension. I've seen you do this again, and again, and again. You game the rules like a Portuguese soccer player who takes a dive for a penalty and then spends the rest of the game whining around the referee waving imaginary red cards.

A review of the facts would note that anyone who is on a forum and views a thread entitled "It's the Obama Photo and Caption Read!", knows such subject matter upsets them and then clicks on it anyway and complains, is complaining about their own behavior.

Quote:

While that's true some make themselves a little difficult to ignore.

I'm interested to understand how some users have the ability to make their posts ignore the ignore feature.

Quote:

I'm even more interested to understand this supposed mind control. I mean if someone could force someone to click first on an Apple forum, then click on a forum called AppleOutsider, then click on a subforum called PoliticalOutsider, then click on a thread among many called "It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!" and then force them to read the content until they became so enraged as to lose control of themselves, they ought to be hired by the CIA or something of that nature. It would be a real life Operation Mindcrime!

Who knows what other behavior can be encouraged. Given the claimed weak state of some minds on here I do hope they avoid going in and reading the "Please go walk to the edge of a cliff and jump off" thread.

Quote:

Well then might I suggest that all of us that do have a problem with said encouragement use the ignore feature to eliminate the problem. In the interest of good faith I'll start but this will only work if all of us that are bothered do this.

Are you all listening?

There it's done

It isn't done. These are not the droids you are looking for. You can go about your business and move along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat;1447367
It is the forum's problem as a whole if dozens of long-time participants are run-off because the forum becomes the de facto blog for a handful of people who do nothing but spew rants.

[b

A political discussion forum can only flourish as long as no one is allowed to use the forum as a soapbox.[/b] How can that not be clear?

There were dozens of long-time participants run-off before and no one cared then because they were conservative. A careful study of threads will show that anyone who pops in and is conservative even now has to endure several posts worth of "which conservative is this that I know must have been here before but was run off or banned by Groverat and is now back under a different handle.

Applenut, Scott, were top ten posters who were banned. My inbox is filled with posts from what they see is a kind face asking me "Why are these guys asking me if I am NaplesX, Jubelum, Moe" or whatever name du jour crops up.

No one party can monopolize the forum as all have equal access. I guess the guy with 10,577 posts thinks the guy 11,032 posts has a problem because posting 0.16 times per day over eight years is a monopoly in one instance, but not the other.

Quote:
When there are only a handful of posters it doesn't work. It's a bit of a snake eating its own tail. Allowing trolls runs off posters, which makes it more difficult for the ignore feature to be effective.

Please explain how the ignore features stops working based on the number of participants. That is a curious feature I have never seen.

Quote:
The answer is a more intelligent and useful set of rules. I've been saying that since before I left administration of this forum and it's still the problem. Essentially a year later and it's gotten worse for exactly the reasons I am outlining. It's not rocket science.

It has gotten much much better. The reason why is consistent and clear moderation. The reason why so many have gotten themselves banned is because of the lack of this previously. They had some very bad habits whereby they learned that disagreement is a form of insult and that was because the moderator at that time had the same understanding. They thought it quite appropriate, by their reasoning to reply to an insult with an insult and thus "Bush sucks" was grounds to reply with "you are a stupid piece of crap."

We have moderation now that can truly understand the difference and that has made it awesome. Some people continue to ad-hom sources and then get frustrated at the failure of arguments to persuade. They still lash out when this frustration boils over. Soon hopefully the forum will be in an ideal state where the people in it have discussions and debates. I'd much rather have 10 people do the latter than 100 do the former.

Now back to the thread topic.

In Saudi Arabia, only the king gets to wear the bling. Give that to me!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #209 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

jazzguru:

That is sacrificing good for the sake of perfect.

lundy:

A political discussion forum can only flourish as long as no one is allowed to use the forum as a soapbox. How can that not be clear?

jimmac:

The ignore feature isn't the answer, it's a band-aid over a cancerous tumor. The answer is a more sane set of rules. It's not hard to enforce the AO rules, and they work very well.

And the problem isn't trumptman. There's no need to ignore him. There's no need to ban him. If you ban him someone else will just show up and use this audience as a captive group.

Perfect.

I also see that trumptman's made another post. I'm guessing that it tells us that if we don't like the forum guidelines we ought to leave. I'm guessing it contains one of these and I'm also guessing it's going to be followed with two or three pictures of the president pulling a face or falling down.
post #210 of 216
Quote:

Perfect.

I also see that trumptman's made another post. I'm guessing that it tells us that if we don't like the forum guidelines we ought to leave. I'm guessing it contains one of these and I'm also guessing it's going to be followed with two or three pictures of the president pulling a face or falling down.

Without even viewing it I'm guessing you're right on. Let him go ahead and do that. We have better things to discuss here.
post #211 of 216
Quote:

Thank you for posting that link.

It seems that Obama wasnt looking at Lulas wifes butt, as wed all thought.

Youve see the video too. But you still accuse the media (read: one news station) of defending Obama, who, it turns out, has done nothing he needs to be defended from.

Youre actually angry that Obama hasnt done anything. It irritates you that he wasnt looking at someones butt and that someone pointed it out. And this, for you, is media bias.

Holy fucking shit.

To be honest it doesn't look like either one is looking at the girl's butt.
post #212 of 216

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #213 of 216

I'm Batman.

post #214 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm Batman.

Your earlier posts before the election were better. This one is just scary. Makes me wonder if you think you are Batman and he is the joker.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #215 of 216

Remember folks, semen splatters are tasteful when drawn by a gay man with a leftist orientation.

post #216 of 216

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!